Author

Topic: Long term vs. Short term - page 103. (Read 11521 times)

Activity: 124
Merit: 11
February 02, 2018, 08:10:08 PM
My technique in risking on my portfolio is 50% on short term and 50% on longterm. I don't have a lot of money on my portfolio that's why I risk 50%. After I buy and earn on short term, I will sell the 80% of my short term profit then 20% for mid term profit. Then I will find and buy some coin again that can be a prospect for short term profit again then I will buy all my 80% profit. I do research before buying some coins either for long term or short term.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 521
February 02, 2018, 05:28:33 PM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?

I think it's long term that has big advantages and very little risk. If for the short term I think it will incur too many losses. That's your choice. Open up your thoughts so you can know which one is the best.
For altcoins I will say to go short term while if you are planning for to invest in bitcoin then in that field you have to go for long term because it is the long term planning which will make you millionaire. I am also planning for that and will get a bigger profit sooner with a little investment. The time of bitcoin is now starting with a more boost and will make every investors a rich one in the coming month.
Activity: 147
Merit: 14
February 02, 2018, 05:23:40 PM
If you constantly trade on short distances, you can miss an important point.

Personally, I keep coins in which I believe in long, it's primary for me. And already in addition sometimes I raise on short-term positions that again to buy long-term from the received profit.

Look for your personal strategy and stick to it.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
February 02, 2018, 03:14:18 PM
Both are good but I think short term is little bit better than long term.Because when you purchase a coin at low price and sell it at high price and if it will continue I think your balance will grow up.but after a purchase if you hold it for a long peroid it can also give you profit but ratio may be litte rathe than short term formula which I mentioned.
In my opinion long-term investments is the best option. The more money you invest also, the larger income you will have. If I choose long-investment strategy, I deal with NEO and Ethereum. ARK is also not a bad choice.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
February 02, 2018, 01:31:59 PM
I think long-term trading is the best and the safest investment in crypto market because you will never miss the opportunities if you hold promising coins. Short term trading is not very profitable because you only earn 10% to 100%. You will earn more than 1000% if long-term
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
February 02, 2018, 01:08:11 PM
According to me long-term is the better option than the short term,it gives you bigger profit.If your investment is big than I suggest you to go for long-term.
Activity: 54
Merit: 29
February 02, 2018, 01:04:10 PM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?

Mine is 100% long term. I think it is better to avoid day trading and marging trading.

On average this strategy gives the best return.

If I had a bit more capital I might split it 90/10 or 80/20, to increase my upside.
Activity: 154
Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Eth
February 02, 2018, 01:00:49 PM

Both are better, I am long-term investment for better profit, at the same time I invest in the short term because it will provide benefits without having to wait long.

Your are right, if you do get high profit within a minimum of time then it's for short-term otherwise you'll gonna hold it and they need more time to pump.
I have a lot of Altcoins and not all of them are really pumping so some if them I'm going to use for trading and some of them are for long term goals and even upto couple of years of holding for my future.
Activity: 210
Never DO AIRDROPS
February 02, 2018, 12:57:26 PM
Short Time for ICO Project Based, because you can see Many ICO established, raise fund from people and sudden it disappear.
But, Long Time is Invest in ETH or BTC, but you must do it with your own risk. Those have high gain, but have big risk. Sudden you will feel Happy because the price in Peak Trends, and in hours the Price can drowned.
Activity: 274
February 02, 2018, 12:56:31 PM
For me we should choose long term if we noticed that your holding have potential to rising up it`s value which we hold it to make as our earnings.And in terms of short term that if we noticed that it`s value will decreasing and that`s the thing that we should hold in a short term so that we can earn it even if not so big but we can income on it.
Activity: 451
February 02, 2018, 12:51:04 PM

I think it's long term that has big advantages and very little risk. If for the short term I think it will incur too many losses. That's your choice. Open up your thoughts so you can know which one is the best.
Short term is so hard to earn profit and easy losses your investment because of wrong entered time , you must know that how to analysis chart , I'm also a long term holder , it's less risk and maybe earn more than x10 profit in the future , but short term: No
Activity: 154
Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Eth
February 02, 2018, 12:38:47 PM

It depends on your Altcoins because in my personal portfolio, both short-term and long-term are my advantage.
Some coins that I'm going to use for trading or short-term trading then others are just for long-term since their value are too small that would require more time to wait so I could get big amount of money since I took them from signature bounty campaigns and airdrops.
Activity: 275
February 02, 2018, 12:36:45 PM

Both are better, I am long-term investment for better profit, at the same time I invest in the short term because it will provide benefits without having to wait long.
Activity: 90
February 02, 2018, 12:34:50 PM
My opinion long term investments better than short term.The short-term investment may not be much of anticipated profit.Long-term investment is likely to be more profitable.But nothing can be 100% sure.It's important to sell when profits are available.
Activity: 266
February 02, 2018, 12:33:35 PM
In my portfolio handling, I will choose bitcoin as a long-term investment because I'm sure bitcoin will continue to persist and increase. While in short-term investments I chose to start with altcoin that provides benefits in the short term. The risk of long-term investment is when crypto prices are destroyed, while short-term investments have less risk than long-term.
Activity: 287
February 02, 2018, 12:28:33 PM

Activity: 112
February 02, 2018, 12:24:05 PM
I do, bot ,  I think that in any field there is no perfect solution, you should always combine and find 1 most efficient way.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
February 02, 2018, 12:21:22 PM
When it comes to trading I always do a short term trade ,
I like to buy some alt-coin while it is pumping up and take my profit even if it is just 5-10%,
Yeah I know there is a high chance that I could lose my money but I am risking it on the coins that I think that would be pump up in the next couple of hours or days.

Long term trade is more like direct investment and holding. It's not like trading actually. The actual trade is consisting of short term trade. If you can do it well, prefer short term trade instead of long term maybe.
Activity: 319
Apeswap Finance
February 02, 2018, 08:11:56 AM
I think it's better to choose in the long term, the example is like you buy bitcoin, wait until a long time, and you will get a stunning advantage. if you use a short term, choose a trusted altcoin, otherwise you will experience a huge loss if its value goes down.
Activity: 19
February 02, 2018, 08:04:35 AM
Bitcoin, Ethereum  - long-term, and alts - short-term.  What do you think, mlm coins - for long-term?
Jump to: