Author

Topic: Long term vs. Short term - page 106. (Read 11521 times)

Activity: 222
Merit: 12
January 27, 2018, 02:48:13 PM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?

Recently I have been watching coins for about six months. If there is no growth, there are no good promising news, then I'm selling a coin. If the development team is promoting the project and working hard. That such a project, of course, lies further in my purse for a long perspective.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
January 27, 2018, 02:16:46 PM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?

Before I deciding for long term or short term, I research first every coin I have. If I have coin that is quality and have many project for the future, and the team is very active. I'm holding it, but there are some coin that is not good for me, so that is for short term.

I do both long term and short term trading because both of them brings you profits in different way. I have different coins in my short term and long term trading portfolios. so you don't have to choose just one way.
Activity: 88
Merit: 0
January 27, 2018, 12:07:10 PM
I almost do day tradings as i am carefully watch how the market reacts ans taken place from time to time. Even good coins has its own bloody market and i always try to rebuy on lowest point and try to mid or its highest point.just need to study and learn the chart but i always believe the its better to a earn litlle by little than nothing at all.  Though i do minimal long term trading to those coins that are much stable in the market.
Activity: 672
Merit: 1
January 27, 2018, 07:24:03 AM
If some hold very good coins like Bitcoin, Etherium, Depponion, Bitcoin Cash, Ripple etc. coins, but we can't say that what profit they gave in long term or in short term due to last few days result. Even we get huge profit from that coin from we can't have any expectation to grow faster but he grows. And on the other hand we expect for good profit from particular coin, but he does't move a little bit. So this is a market of up and down and nobody knows about the trend of market where goes. Although Long term is always profitable besides to short term from my opinion. I also hold 70% of my coins for long term and 30% for short term profit.
Activity: 126
Merit: 4
January 27, 2018, 07:21:55 AM
Long term hold  is 80% of my portfolio the remaining 20% I usually swing trade so that I can buy more of my long term coins. I would also like to add that holding is good but holding and accumulating more at dips is better. Just make sure you hold a solid long term coin. ☺️
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
Alfa-Enzo:Introducing the First Global Smartmarket
January 27, 2018, 07:17:36 AM
Long time means holding coins, in my opinion it`s very important to be patient and so this is a good way to do so. However, no one knows how coins will develop the next morths, I would spread therefore some money in altcoins (shorter term) and some money in btc
That is true that Long term means holding the currency before spending it. People prefer to hold because they have it in their mind that the peice possibly change and that will be applicable. Short term means sell it and change the virtual money into real money.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
January 27, 2018, 07:05:17 AM
I prefer to have both.

I invested in XRP, XLM and ICX that I plan to HODL for long term = at least 1 year or more.

But besides them I also got another 27 coin, some of them more mid-term, some of them more short-term and several ICOs.

Good short-term gains I expect with ECC, MBRS, XGOX, ATL, LUX, SEND and VIBE.
You are holding great coins and the price is not that big yet, I would prefer to hold a coins that is listed in the top 10 as they have
big support and when there is a real and serious news that would give positive impact on the project, it can easy pump, that is just my observation.
Activity: 280
Merit: 3
January 27, 2018, 06:57:02 AM
I prefer to have both.

I invested in XRP, XLM and ICX that I plan to HODL for long term = at least 1 year or more.

But besides them I also got another 27 coin, some of them more mid-term, some of them more short-term and several ICOs.

Good short-term gains I expect with ECC, MBRS, XGOX, ATL, LUX, SEND and VIBE.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 613
January 27, 2018, 06:53:36 AM
short term is earn little or lose little. long term earn very much and no lose.  waiting person does not lose in my opinion. it is always good to hodl.
Long term is also less risky because bitcoin has proven to be profitable when holding for long term.
I have bitcoin for my long term but when I notice that altcoins are doing well in the market so I decided to diversify my investment
and hopefully it I can be more profitable as I hold longer.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 522
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
January 27, 2018, 06:40:36 AM
short term is earn little or lose little. long term earn very much and no lose.  waiting person does not lose in my opinion. it is always good to hodl.
Activity: 531
Merit: 102
January 27, 2018, 06:40:12 AM
I classify my ethereum and bitcoins for my long-termed investment while my I classify my other tokens suitable for short time investment. 
I prefer to keep my ethereum and bitcoins for a long time because it has a great potential in the future while my other tokens are just starting to establish their name in crypto world that still have the tendency to disappear like a bubble. 
Activity: 392
Merit: 112
January 27, 2018, 06:21:04 AM

Before I deciding for long term or short term, I research first every coin I have. If I have coin that is quality and have many project for the future, and the team is very active. I'm holding it, but there are some coin that is not good for me, so that is for short term.
Activity: 336
January 27, 2018, 06:06:00 AM
For me, I do prefer long term hold of my altcoins because cryto currency is now making its name is the economy, more and more people like to invest into this kind of investments. Due to the high demand it will affect the price and causes it to rise, that would be great if you do believe in your coin and held it in your wallet for a long time. Long term generates greater income but more risky thats all i can say.
Activity: 448
January 27, 2018, 06:03:28 AM
At cryptocurrency the risk is very large, even more so if it is for short term and if presented may be about 59%, we should really choose a cryptocurrency that will go up a few days or weeks ahead.
it is very dangerous if you are to make long-term kriptocurrency,
because the high coin votality makes losses can be high,
therefore my advice you better short term only.
Activity: 136
Merit: 11
January 27, 2018, 06:00:11 AM
At cryptocurrency the risk is very large, even more so if it is for short term and if presented may be about 59%, we should really choose a cryptocurrency that will go up a few days or weeks ahead.
Activity: 158
Merit: 10
January 27, 2018, 05:44:45 AM
I think both of them have advantages and disadvantages, it is better to choose long term because it will gain more profit from short term. Many risk takers choose long term because they estimate that it could benefit bigger results.
Activity: 126
Merit: 15
HodL!
January 27, 2018, 12:10:47 AM
Most of my portfolio of cryptos are long term, that is hodLing for a minimum of 2-3 years for me. Maybe more depending upon the state of the crypto market.

My trades are more of a position trade where I'll hodL for a few months to ride a trend.

I do think that many to most of of the junk coins/tokens will disappear just like the .com's in the crash in 2000. Just about everything that had a .com attempted to go on the stock market and ran up with zero or negative earnings. All of these went bankrupt and were delisted from the exchanges. 

Be careful what you invest in. All boats rise in a rising tide but it will not be that way when the major flush out occurs. This may be years away....
Activity: 1652
Merit: 262
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
January 27, 2018, 12:02:38 AM
Short-term investments have fewer risks, perhaps only 50%. a little risk, but also the possibility to get big profits is also small. long-term investment has a greater risk, I think 90%. because we never know what will happen to crypto in the future. if crypto continues to exist, chances are the price is goes up and will get a big advantage too. but if crypto is ultimately lost, that's the biggest risk, we'll lose all our money.
Activity: 92
Merit: 13
January 26, 2018, 11:14:08 PM
For those who like adventure, short-term investment more satisfied, I prefer to stabilize, so I will choose long-term.
Activity: 147
Merit: 14
January 26, 2018, 03:23:30 PM
If you constantly trade on short distances, you can miss an important point.

Personally, I keep coins in which I believe in long, it's primary for me. And already in addition sometimes I raise on short-term positions that again to buy long-term from the received profit.

Look for your personal strategy and stick to it.
Jump to: