Author

Topic: Long term vs. Short term - page 107. (Read 11521 times)

Activity: 240
Merit: 10
January 26, 2018, 03:02:03 PM
I am holding coins for both , for long term and for short.
I am holding some coins from March 2017
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
January 26, 2018, 02:56:20 PM
Short term has a high probability of giving you more gains than long term given that you have a capital that's high enough to matter in trades.... However, long term enables you to concentrate on other earning opportunities like working to give you double sources of income.
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
January 26, 2018, 02:54:46 PM
I prefer some pos/dividend share/utility tokens for long term holding.
I'm trying to re-arrange my portfolio with that principle.
Activity: 196
January 26, 2018, 02:46:46 PM

if you are considering long term bitcoin but short term thinking may be altcoins and DOVU preference
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
January 26, 2018, 02:06:55 PM
for this coin investment I plan for short-term but regular investment because the results are quickly enjoyed

Indeed, short-term investment will offer less time on earning profits with the coins you are holding.
I'm holding Oyster Protocol PRL and the price is very volatile and this kind of volatile coins are million circulation supply. Thus, I could use this PRL for trading to have a chance to earn more than long-term coins or Billion supply coins.

Both short term and long term has its own advantages and disadvantages. Actually you don't need to choose between two. I divided my portfolio to half. I'm doing long term investment with the first half (it means no touch whatever happens in the market) and second half I do day trading.

Very sophisticated strategy, I liked that! You are right, why to choose one of them by knowing that both has different advantages. I'm more like long term investor but I also do swing trading which means a lot of sell-buy and buy-sell during the day.

I also have pretty similar strategy and I'm very happy with that. When I just started trading I was short term investor and I was getting angry to myself whenever I was selling too early. And then I became long term investor, I lost a lot of trading opportunity just because I was holding. Then finally I started to do both like you explained.
Activity: 322
January 26, 2018, 01:42:53 PM
for this coin investment I plan for short-term but regular investment because the results are quickly enjoyed

Indeed, short-term investment will offer less time on earning profits with the coins you are holding.
I'm holding Oyster Protocol PRL and the price is very volatile and this kind of volatile coins are million circulation supply. Thus, I could use this PRL for trading to have a chance to earn more than long-term coins or Billion supply coins.

Both short term and long term has its own advantages and disadvantages. Actually you don't need to choose between two. I divided my portfolio to half. I'm doing long term investment with the first half (it means no touch whatever happens in the market) and second half I do day trading.

Very sophisticated strategy, I liked that! You are right, why to choose one of them by knowing that both has different advantages. I'm more like long term investor but I also do swing trading which means a lot of sell-buy and buy-sell during the day.
Activity: 434
Merit: 252
January 26, 2018, 01:12:27 PM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
because I prefer trading with coins that have a stable price so I think short-term gains and long-term equally give profit. where the long run is currently an option that we have to live because the coins are currently decreasing so I think the coins will experience a significant increase and the value always increases.
Activity: 93
CLOUT media.decentralised
January 26, 2018, 01:03:51 PM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?

I think trading according to coin characteristics is so important. You can catch great profits with either long term of long term investments. I think ethereum and IOTA are suitable for long time investments.
GFE
Activity: 336
January 26, 2018, 11:22:42 AM

At present usually long term holders will earn more profit then short term holders. However, if you try to multiply your coins during pumps and dumps (at short term) you will gain more profit (if you will hold your multiplied coins without fixing in fiat and etc)
Activity: 101
Cointed. The Future of the Money
January 26, 2018, 11:16:53 AM

Activity: 1050
Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.
January 26, 2018, 11:13:59 AM
in the crypto world requires extra patience, if you can be patient you will get maximum results and continue to survive. but if you are easily tempted by false news you are not fit to be in crypto, it all depends on the coin you hold
Activity: 126
I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime
January 26, 2018, 10:36:46 AM

Activity: 266
Merit: 108
January 26, 2018, 10:35:54 AM
Eth and waves is really good candidate for long term.
high volume and low price(below2$) is my favourite alltime Smiley
Activity: 1078
Merit: 262
January 26, 2018, 10:35:41 AM
I prefer long-term investment is now well suited not only bitcoin but also the etherium has joined, and for short-term I do not have too much free time to check the price of everything that I have

when it comes to investment it is better if you go for long term because short term investment doesnt work sometimes , what i mean is when we invest we want a huge profit right if you invest short term maybe you got a profit but not that much so long term investment is must if you want to earn a good profit.
Activity: 350
January 26, 2018, 10:33:57 AM
I prefer long-term investment is now well suited not only bitcoin but also the etherium has joined, and for short-term I do not have too much free time to check the price of everything that I have
Activity: 126
I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime
January 26, 2018, 10:31:57 AM

Both short-term and long-term goals are good it all depends on the coins that you are holding.
Low supply coins like Million coin supply are mostly for short-terms and Billion coin supply are for long term like Ripple, Stellar, Tron etc.
I have Ripple and Tron coins therefore both of them are for long-term otherwise its up to me to decide whether you sell or hold because low supply coins can grow a dollar day or more.
Activity: 392
Merit: 13
January 26, 2018, 10:27:58 AM
I constantly check my investments because I'm in a lot of risky lowmarketcap coins.  The only coins I could hold without fear for a long term and completely not check for over a year are bitcoin and ethereum.
Activity: 280
January 26, 2018, 10:25:52 AM
Activity: 14
January 26, 2018, 06:36:40 AM
If you look at the percentage of my wallet and the amount on the balance of the stock exchanges, then approximately this will look like this.
short-term investments - 20%
Medium-term investments - 30%
Long-term projects -50%
Of course, if some kind of long-term project does x10, then it will probably become short-term at the same time and I will sell it. But it depends on the project itself.

Hi thanks for sharing your idea how you diversify your portfolio. Right now I have new ideas that I can merge with my existing plan on trading. I really helps a lot. Keep it up.
Activity: 154
January 26, 2018, 06:27:01 AM
Long term investments are better if you are planning to support project. You can divide your portfolio on tro parts: one for long term investments, another - for short term and speculations. Sometimes it's easier to trade and make money in one day, than invest and wait results during 6-12 monthes.
Jump to: