Pages:
Author

Topic: Long term vs. Short term - page 87. (Read 11521 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 152
March 23, 2018, 02:39:09 AM
I hold a coin only if I believe it is worth holding long term.
With that precondition, I will do some tradings, trying to sell high and buy low.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
March 22, 2018, 09:33:55 AM
I prefer long term for what? long term that we have a target to sell and itupun safe will not caught but not close the possibility, short term it's risk if it can not manage it then it will be a big loss, so better choose long term aja and set its target Smiley Thank you
copper member
Activity: 490
Merit: 2
March 22, 2018, 09:32:39 AM
Long term or short term depends on the market situation. The long term is usually the best choice to make big profits but some coins show a rapid rise in the short term and then i do the sales. So when the price i set reaches the target, i sell it.
You have good strategy sir. But how about if the price of all cryptocurrencies continously go down and reached at 3k USD/btc. Would you still go for long term investments even if you have a chanced to sell it at 6k USD? It's always depend on you sir but probably be wise at your decision.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 255
March 22, 2018, 09:29:38 AM
I like to play fast trading that makes me always get a profit continuously although the results are less satisfactory but the risk is smaller than long term high risk
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
March 22, 2018, 09:27:13 AM
Generally yes. In short term, you have to be smart and disciplined. There are few people who had achieved success in short term.But there are many people who had achieved the same in long term. Because in long term investment lower the risk. Than short term.
Activity: 209
March 22, 2018, 09:22:40 AM
maybe long term is for me always bitcoin and ethereum. because this two coin always lead the market. and if short term maybe more like altcoin but you need to see which one altcoin is the best to invest.
Activity: 74
March 22, 2018, 09:16:43 AM
It's very simple, an investor in long, a trader in short.
Activity: 336
“Crypto Depository Receipts”
March 22, 2018, 09:13:17 AM
Long time means holding coins, in my opinion it`s very important to be patient and so this is a good way to do so. However, no one knows how coins will develop the next morths, I would spread therefore some money in altcoins (shorter term) and some money in btc
I'm more into the long run because we can get the maximal advantage, with our long-term pick, for short-term investments we'll end up with huge losses

If you want the safest strategy then go for a long term, because in long term you just need to relax and wait for the right peak, all you need to do is wait until the right time comes especially on bitcoin, though in short term you can gain profit faster than the long term but not all the time you win, sometimes you lose, because in short term the word luck is needed,if i were you i prefer for long term. Sure profit and safe.
Activity: 112
March 22, 2018, 09:11:51 AM
I'll go for long-term, bitcoin and ethereum are both perfect for long-term investment. Yes, bitcoin and ethereum are highly volatile, changing price more than 10% in one hour, it because cryptocurrency market moves extremely quickly, we can scale that number down to a couple of months or a year.
Activity: 237
Presale is live!
March 22, 2018, 09:09:34 AM
I keep all my 100% portfolio for long term i think in crypto currency 6 months to 1 year is the maximum we can consider as long term . As i am already having previous trading experience in equity and commodity . I don think its quite long in crypto currency for long term.
Activity: 182
March 22, 2018, 09:01:08 AM
I think it is all about time you can spend with cryptoworld. If you have not much time, you should go for long term investment.

Even if you do have the time, shorting takes a lot of skill and money. Not a lot of people can pull it off
Activity: 56
March 22, 2018, 08:54:44 AM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
I think these coin BTC, ETH will use for long and short term in future.
For me, I will prepare both long term and short term investment. If I will need a faster profit I will prepare to short investment so that my capital come again. And I prepare also in coin that are very promising in this time. And if I want a bigger profit then I prepare in long term investment. And I prepare in bitcoin that are popular and a promising coin.
Activity: 89
Merit: 11
March 22, 2018, 08:52:59 AM
I think it is all about time you can spend with cryptoworld. If you have not much time, you should go for long term investment.
Activity: 168
March 22, 2018, 08:38:17 AM
Long time means holding coins, in my opinion it`s very important to be patient and so this is a good way to do so. However, no one knows how coins will develop the next morths, I would spread therefore some money in altcoins (shorter term) and some money in btc
I'm more into the long run because we can get the maximal advantage, with our long-term pick, for short-term investments we'll end up with huge losses
Activity: 77
March 22, 2018, 01:22:06 AM
I know someday its going to be worth it. Im also holding some coins temporarily for profits but most of the time these coins are only for short term. The best coins for long term hold are ethereum and Bitcoin. I play both long term and short term. Short term portfolio refers to me as monthly trade, I choose as coin of the month and close my trade at the end of the month
Activity: 238
March 22, 2018, 01:21:30 AM
Short term investing generally refers to holding any particular investment for less than one year. While Long term investors on the other hand will often hold an investment for five, ten or even twenty to thirty years at a time. If it only it was that simple! Investors who trade on shorter time-lines aim to buy Bitcoin when the market is low or if  Bitcoin has been beat up and represents a good value. They then try to sell the investment in a few days, weeks or months when it has recovered
Activity: 112
March 22, 2018, 01:21:21 AM
Altcoin within half a year then you should invest for short term otherwise long term investments is a good idea of you don't really know the coin is all about. I don't risk my amounts for short trades, I was doing that before and in the end I always end up shorter, and my profit melted so many times and in the end I lose more then I won. That is why I chose to do just longterm trades like
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
March 22, 2018, 12:59:25 AM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?

I was always looking for a long term trading and i dint like a daily trading since i dint realy have a good skill in trading so i prefer in long term trading. But sometimes i need to sell some of my profulio when the time that i dont have money for alowance and my family.
Activity: 232
Merit: 11
March 22, 2018, 12:53:13 AM
for now because the price is not stable and still cheap, I prefer long-term benefits. because I prefer to hold the coins rather than directly sell them. I just think if I hold a coin, it is my savings. but I've also tried short-term but even the losses I got. if the coin is still cheap like now, buy as much and save it, maybe next year the price goes up and you will get many benefits.
Activity: 196
March 22, 2018, 12:50:55 AM
I chose long-term because most people prefer long-term and long-term coins that stay with the long-term like BTC and ETH
 because with ETH we can transact quickly if investing in the short term we get quicker but riskier
Pages:
Jump to: