Pages:
Author

Topic: Long term vs. Short term - page 90. (Read 11521 times)

Activity: 1848
Merit: 601
The Martian Child
March 18, 2018, 09:39:11 PM
both have advantage and disadvantage , right now market is bleeding , i dont think long term should hodl for long at the moment, sometimes TAs also failed, so short trade also very risky.

Yes you are right TA's was failing especially if there a lot of FUD coming out, we all know Bitcoin are very tired and immune in those FUD but there are so many weak hands out there always go panic selling when the price was going down.

News are always breakers of TAs be in in crypto or in other trading markets. Also FUD have too much impact on bitcoin because some of these people are only here to gain and not for the technology bitcoin offers.  
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
March 18, 2018, 09:38:55 PM
Well about this long term and short term I will certainly choose the short term... buy low and sell high style in which I will gonna apply right now, since many of altcoins right now are cheap due to its low market value then I could certainly buy as many unit as I can with all of those cheap altcoins out there and then when all cheap altcoins market value goes up and up again then I will surely sell it right away if I think I got enough profits from it already even if its market value is still rising up.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
March 18, 2018, 09:21:05 PM
both have advantage and disadvantage , right now market is bleeding , i dont think long term should hodl for long at the moment, sometimes TAs also failed, so short trade also very risky.

Yes you are right TA's was failing especially if there a lot of FUD coming out, we all know Bitcoin are very tired and immune in those FUD but there are so many weak hands out there always go panic selling when the price was going down.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
March 18, 2018, 08:47:41 PM
Decision to invest in long term or short term depends on investors personally. How much money to invest and risk tolerance play an important role when you take decision. In Long term investment, investors expect higher profit in the future but we need more time to control price move and be patient to wait when the best moment to take profit. While in short term you just decide your minimum profit target and then sell to get profit.It  is safer for you.
Activity: 294
Merit: 2
March 18, 2018, 08:30:31 PM
I believe in long term projects.
Look - BTC also 6-7 years was unknown. Some guys bought several pizza with BTC).
But look now.
Activity: 630
Merit: 258
March 18, 2018, 04:37:49 PM
In cryptocurrency there are lots of options on how to earn a income. I think it will be more favorable if you choose long term over short term since it will yield more income in a long run.
Activity: 109
Merit: 4
March 18, 2018, 04:16:31 PM
For me, long term investments are better. It is predicted that 2018 will be the year of altcoins which is why I think focusing on altcoins is the best choice. You can invest in Ethereum and hold it. If you want short term investments, you can choose Neo, Ethereum Classic.
Activity: 475
March 18, 2018, 03:42:07 PM

Long term, Holding coins for a long term purposes can be very profitable especially now that most coins are cheaply available. Buy cheaply and hold, during this time, the coin gains value and by the time its sold off, it will have got some returns
Activity: 42
Merit: 1
March 18, 2018, 03:19:23 PM
Bitcoin is definitely for long term investment. For short terms, can try DBC, ELA, etc...
Activity: 280
Merit: 108
March 18, 2018, 03:15:53 PM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?

I try to stick to the long-term strategy, it allows to reduce risks and not to waste nerves. I also don't trade inside the day.
Activity: 770
Merit: 253
March 18, 2018, 03:13:50 PM
If hold is your only strategy then my advice would be as follows:
If you must hold and must do it with a single coin, make it Bitcoin, it is the most likely crypto investment which will be higher than it is now in the long term
If you must hold, then please have a diverse portfolio which includes a range of investments so that you are tied to crypto as an index investment
Ensure that you are emotionally prepared for market volatility
Do not invest anything you can’t afford to lose
You are right, it is so hassle if you are holding many coins as you don't know what will you do or what coin will you keep watching at, it will consume you most of your time which is not good especially in your health, so make it at least 5 coins that were best for trading.
Activity: 448
March 18, 2018, 03:08:28 PM
i did both trading, long term and short term. because  if you earn money quickly so should you do short term and long term trading.
Activity: 101
March 18, 2018, 02:57:29 PM
If hold is your only strategy then my advice would be as follows:
If you must hold and must do it with a single coin, make it Bitcoin, it is the most likely crypto investment which will be higher than it is now in the long term
If you must hold, then please have a diverse portfolio which includes a range of investments so that you are tied to crypto as an index investment
Ensure that you are emotionally prepared for market volatility
Do not invest anything you can’t afford to lose
Activity: 392
Merit: 152
March 17, 2018, 08:38:03 PM
No matter which strategy I had choose, I would lose money in this bearish market.
I should have learnt from my experience to cash out some when the market is bullish.
Activity: 854
Merit: 21
March 17, 2018, 06:09:07 PM
Long term goals beats short term any day anytime.
Short time investment or trading can make you a few good bucks. But it can also loose you those bucks and more.

Long term goals takes more resolve patience and vigilance but when you get your process and research right, you'll be in a world of profit.
Activity: 472
Gamblica Pre-Sale launch 01.03.2018!
March 17, 2018, 06:00:25 PM

I don't agree with you. What is the difference for long term investments? I think the most important is the price you bought and the price you are going to sell. Everything in the middle doesn't matter.
Activity: 238
March 17, 2018, 05:54:41 PM
my dear, i think longterm will always pay more. i always advice people to look into the future..
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
March 17, 2018, 05:54:10 PM
I think that long term investments are better, I prefer to buy altcoins from the top-10 or top-20 of the marcetcap, for example Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, NEM. If they are droping, i buy more.
Activity: 224
March 17, 2018, 05:43:31 PM
Activity: 462
March 17, 2018, 05:32:12 PM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
Most of my portfolio is a long-term gain, it's 80%.
20% Short term - waves, strat, neo ,stellar , ada.

Pages:
Jump to: