Pages:
Author

Topic: Looking for investor of 8.5 BTC - page 6. (Read 7438 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
July 15, 2012, 06:55:58 AM
It's not very smart to invest with someone who doesn't have anything invested themselves. No offense.
Activity: 686
Wat
July 15, 2012, 06:54:17 AM
Ok, if you insist : )

It's an IPO for an investment fund.

We will invest in other projects and firms registered on the GLBSE.

Dividends will be paid out regularly.

Simple as that. It's not an unique idea but I will try to execute it properly and in accordance with the information I have at hand at the moment.

Cheer up, guys. I'm not a scammer. Just because you don't know me doesn't mean I'm bad.

Again, please cheer up. I'm looking for happy, funky investors, not a bunch of overly touchy and grumpy hackers.

And no, I'm not going to give anyone 10% of the shares or anything like that for 8.5 BTC. However, I think there is a good chance I will be able to meet the ROI goals, return your cash and if we're both happy afterwards we can do business again in the future with higher amounts.

Also, please consider this: If I were a scammer, why would I spend hours and hours on this thread? It would be quicker for me to just work for a little while and collect salary rather than posting in this thread.

SRON

You need to have some "skin in the game" otherwise there is no incentive to perform. If you cant even afford the initial listing fee it doesnt inspire confidence. As an investment fund you might also want to prove you know what you are talking about wrt bitcoin investing. I saw another fund do this by providing a comprehensive analysis of the current market.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226
Away on an extended break
July 15, 2012, 06:47:56 AM

Simple as that. It's not an unique idea but I will try to execute it properly and in accordance with the information I have at hand at the moment.

Cheer up, guys. I'm not a scammer. Just because you don't know me doesn't mean I'm bad.

Again, please cheer up. I'm looking for happy, funky investors, not a bunch of overly touchy and grumpy hackers.

And no, I'm not going to give anyone 10% of the shares or anything like that for 8.5 BTC. However, I think there is a good chance I will be able to meet the ROI goals, return your cash and if we're both happy afterwards we can do business again in the future with higher amounts.

Also, please consider this: If I were a scammer, why would I spend hours and hours on this thread? It would be quicker for me to just work for a little while and collect salary rather than posting in this thread.

SRON
Any reputable 'investment fund' should have the 8.5 BTC already. How are you going to generate the profits without a significant seed money? Not to mention that you're probably not going to verify with GLBSE considering your other thread, and that'll translate to a next-to-nil sharebuyers.

The 'hours and hours' means 3 hours and 44 minutes. It's not even enough for you to leave the newbie thread, and much more lowlife scammers have been known to spend more then that time in return for even lower profits.
Activity: 235
Merit: 101
July 15, 2012, 06:42:20 AM

SRON
Activity: 518
July 15, 2012, 01:48:56 AM
This still going?  I'll have to sub.  Still not sure what the "opportunity" is.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
July 15, 2012, 01:32:34 AM
those are wise words blackdawg  Cool
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
July 15, 2012, 01:09:51 AM
At the moment, 8.5 BTC is between $50 and $60 USD, so to someone in the US, you sound like an aggressive panhandler, not a serious businessperson seeking investment.

What's so tough about explaining who you are, who you're working with, and what the business model/business plan is?

You'd probably have better luck if you asked for more money - I spent more than that taking my wife out to dinner tonight.

Larry and Sergei probably didn't spend a lot when they registered google.com the first time - but they spent a lot getting Stanford educations, and Stanford spent a lot of money paying for office space and computers and bandwidth that Larry and Sergei used to get Google off the ground.

Also, if I'm going to "invest", I expect to own a part of your company. If you're telling me you want $60 today and you might (or might not) pay me back $85 in a couple of months, that's not a (stock) investment, that's a personal loan. If I'm buying stock and taking the extra risk involved with funding a (in your case VERY) early stage company, I want to participate on the upside, which means that if you do happen to create the next Google, I want a hell of a lot more than $85 out of it.

A mistake made by people who are new to startups and entrepreneurship is to imagine that "the idea" is where the magic is, and to act secretive and weird and try to protect their precious idea or business concept from the prying eyes of outsiders. Chances are 20 other people have already thought of your magical unique thing - maybe they're not in the marketplace because it's a crappy idea, maybe it's a good idea but tough (or impossible) to implement, or maybe those other guys don't have the resources to build the company. If you won't share your idea with others, you'll never find out whether or not it's a crappy idea, and you'll never get access to other people's resources.

In a lot of cases, the precious idea is being "protected" so that it's not subject to criticism or skepticism, so the founder can postpone the pain of potential failure.

In other cases, the person who thinks up the idea can't bear to make the inevitable compromises necessary to go from a perfect ideal to an imperfect thing that actually exists.

As you can imagine, that resistance to allowing the idea to become real tends to inhibit the success of the project.
July 14, 2012, 10:10:26 AM
Still looking for an investor of 8.5 BTC.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
June 28, 2012, 04:25:51 PM
Hmm... This will be an IPO on GLBSE.

IPO's are by their very nature collaborative ventures. I cannot do everything on my own, so I'm looking for a business partner.

8.5 BTC may not sound a lot but please remember that registering the google.com domain did not cost more than a few dollars back in the days.

- What is the best BTC investment you have ever made?
- What do you think BTC liquidity will be like in 2 years from now?
- Have you read the FBI report about BTC yet (the one released a little while ago)?
- Anyone got news about just how rapidly BTC usage is growing in mainland China?

SRON
It used to be $200 a year iirc. back in they days with internic
June 28, 2012, 06:43:56 AM
Hmm... This will be an IPO on GLBSE.

IPO's are by their very nature collaborative ventures. I cannot do everything on my own, so I'm looking for a business partner.

8.5 BTC may not sound a lot but please remember that registering the google.com domain did not cost very much either back in the days.

- What is the best BTC investment you have ever made?
- What do you think BTC liquidity will be like in 2 years from now?
- Have you read the FBI report about BTC yet (the one released a little while ago)?
- Anyone got news about just how rapidly BTC usage is growing in mainland China?

SRON
June 28, 2012, 01:21:47 AM
By the way, please note that the second bolded part is meant to be sarcastic. This 8.5 BTC issue is most probably a scam.

Well yea, it is why I wondered if the thread wouldn't be closed and/or purged given that OP is most likely fishing for suckerfish.
legendary
June 27, 2012, 09:05:55 PM
Scam detected?

On EVE Online this thread would be defined as "scam" by everyone

If Eve/CCP added btc as a means of selling plex/ISK I'd resub.

edit -
This sounds a bit fishy. I mean, if he doesn't even offer a proper product, and just wants you to send him Bitcoins like that, then he's probably a scammer.

Do threads like this not get locked pretty quickly or are the mods incredibly lenient here?

it is not a scam, it is educational experience for all parties involved.  Wink

We don't generally censor free speech.

Makes sense to me.

I suppose it's my newbie status, but what can you hope to accomplish with 8.5BTC worth of starter investment? In most of the Industrialized world that's not a months groceries(far less), so if you are having to scrounge for that, how are you feeding yourself?
By the way, please note that the second bolded part is meant to be sarcastic. This 8.5 BTC issue is most probably a scam.
June 27, 2012, 03:46:22 PM
Scam detected?

edit -
This sounds a bit fishy. I mean, if he doesn't even offer a proper product, and just wants you to send him Bitcoins like that, then he's probably a scammer.

Do threads like this not get locked pretty quickly or are the mods incredibly lenient here?

Makes sense to me.

I suppose it's my newbie status, but what can you hope to accomplish with 8.5BTC worth of starter investment? In most of the Industrialized world that's not a months groceries(far less), so if you are having to scrounge for that, how are you feeding yourself?
legendary
June 27, 2012, 07:39:39 AM
Scam detected?

edit -

Activity: 686
Wat
June 27, 2012, 06:33:39 AM
Needs more info.
June 27, 2012, 12:59:24 AM
Scam detected?

edit -

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
June 26, 2012, 09:29:25 PM
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
--------------->¿?
June 26, 2012, 01:23:04 PM
Still looking for your identity...
June 26, 2012, 10:28:50 AM
Still looking for an investor of 8.5 BTC against 100% ROI.

Some questions and discussion points:

How many bitcoins have you got?
What do you expect the value (in dollars) of Bitcoins to be in a month from now?
How do you spend your bitcoins?
Do you think there's a future for the GLBSE (Global Bitcoin Stock Exchange)?
Do you think governments around the world will ever accept bitcoins?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
June 23, 2012, 02:04:24 PM
Here is a tip: Don't come on here and post in the newbie section that you want people to invest bitcoins in you. It seems like a scam... Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: