Pages:
Author

Topic: Losing faith in BTC... - page 6. (Read 5470 times)

Activity: 583
Merit: 106
November 13, 2017, 03:28:04 PM
Losing faith??  Roll Eyes

Funny thing. Check market cap since last year to nowadays. It is very obvious.

BCH is pumped by Bitmain, like Dash ( to keep minimum profitability of their D3).

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031
November 13, 2017, 03:24:25 PM
Why is there always such panic? We are just having another correction caused by the cancellation of the SegWit2x hardfork. It is just a matter of time before everything gets back to normal. We have 180k unconfirmed transactions. Don't you think it is suspicious that it happens right after some group claimed that they have 30% of the hashrate? Bitcoin hashrate dropped almost by 50%.

If you can't handle these ups and downs, I'd seriously sell right now.

this is exaclty true !
lets trust in Bitcoin iam still holding my coins even when its not much coins Cheesy
and now there is another coin witch is >1000$ !
and bitcoin today 8% profit and bitcoincash makes -3%

regards
Activity: 140
Merit: 12
November 13, 2017, 03:21:18 PM
I suspect some people are manipulating the BCH for their own personal interest. They did same thing after the August 2nd fork and BCH soared to the apex and a lot of people followed and when the achieved their aim the pulled off and the price of BCH cascaded to the bottom.A lot of traders got burnt. Same thing will play out soon. Do not panic and what you are doing is good divest a bit from BTC and get some BCH.

You really think so huh ? 😉😜. It's a very bad advice you just gave the OP -  you just said that the people are trying to manipulate the gain of BCH and now you advise the OP to go buy some BCH !!  It's like giving money to the enemies!!! Are you an idiot !!

Stop giving advice when you have no idea what you're talking about !!
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
November 13, 2017, 03:17:35 PM
Can we put this into perspective:

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
November 13, 2017, 03:16:56 PM
What I just witnessed last night with BCH attempting to take over just shook my entire belief in BTC and crypto currency in general.

One simple thing to bear in mind.

This is precisely to the nth degree how the people doing this want you to feel.

Do you want to be the marionette of a bunch of psycho autists? Does their hand all the way up your colon feel good?

I'm guessing most people resent being manipulated. In that case the best thing anyone can do is refuse to be manipulated.

Activity: 476
Merit: 100
November 13, 2017, 03:12:52 PM
I suspect some people are manipulating the BCH for their own personal interest. They did same thing after the August 2nd fork and BCH soared to the apex and a lot of people followed and when the achieved their aim the pulled off and the price of BCH cascaded to the bottom.A lot of traders got burnt. Same thing will play out soon. Do not panic and what you are doing is good divest a bit from BTC and get some BCH.
November 13, 2017, 03:11:19 PM
Why is there always such panic? We are just having another correction caused by the cancellation of the SegWit2x hardfork. It is just a matter of time before everything gets back to normal. We have 180k unconfirmed transactions. Don't you think it is suspicious that it happens right after some group claimed that they have 30% of the hashrate? Bitcoin hashrate dropped almost by 50%.

Agree !

To the OP:  BTC has been battled proof and won time after time.  This past weekend is especially unique because the attach was from within - by the large group of miners and Roger Ver...

1). It appears that you have invested too much money in something that you do not quite thoughroughly understand its  potential  - too much money in something that you cannot afford to loose.  Now you are seating around sweating bullets.

2). Do yourself a favor:  Get out of the kitchen if you cannot handle the heat !
Activity: 294
November 13, 2017, 03:00:01 PM
I understand what you're saying.
Wherever there is money to be made, there is conflict.
On the bright side, anything that doesn't kill BTC will only make BTC stronger.
In this particular event, I think it urges us to rethink the future of BTC and how we, as a community should think together what sort of future we'd like BTC to have.

Don't lose faith, the moment we lose faith, we lose
Activity: 260
Merit: 129
November 13, 2017, 02:43:38 PM

A very important thing is that Antpool (25% hash power) reward only their miner with block reward. 100% fo block free (that represent like 15% bitcoin reward) is take by ANTPOOL ! So they want to increase block size to have more fees, but they are the biggest mining pool wich take all fee. They have full bags of bitcoin I guess  Roll Eyes
Activity: 107
November 13, 2017, 02:41:33 PM
I'm only gaining faith in Bitcoin right now its been attacked from multiple directions and currently its still sky high and holding a decent price.
November 13, 2017, 02:40:26 PM

November 13, 2017, 02:38:24 PM
Who else is losing faith in BTC? I use to believe that BTC would change the world. What I just witnessed last night with BCH attempting to take over just shook my entire belief in BTC and crypto currency in general. It feels pretty obvious to me that BTC is the best thing ever and BCH is built upon greed, but I'm not entirely confident that either will win in the end anymore.

The huge boost in BCH overnight makes me wonder if anything in the crypto world is legit. Seems like everything is based upon greed. All the figure heads that are suppose to support BTC started being like "oh yeah, BCH is the new bitcoin now guys". John Mccafee (yup, the guy who said he'd eat his own dick on TV if BTC doesn't make it to $500,000 by 2020) is all like BCH is the solution blah blah blah. I figured okay, people are getting paid off to say stuff like this, he's a miner after all so he's looking for money. But then I started reading the core developer's tweets. They either don't talk about BCH, but even some of them were talking about BCH taking over.

I get that pump and dumps are going to happen, but when developers are switching to BCH this means either two things. One, BCH will become the new BTC. Two, developers are greedy and care about making money than BTC.

Another part of me wonders whether this was a pump and dump or not. Perhaps BCH really is better now.

Decentralization, limited supply, medium of exchange, store of value. These words are thrown around a lot when describing BTC, but it just seems to me that people really care only about money. When the developers are like this, that is means for worry. This means people will make changes to BTC strictly for hype to make money, even if it actually hurts the security of the coin.

The only figure head in the crypto world that I feel is trustworthy is the creator of LTC. My reasons are this:
1) He hasn't pumped the crap out of Litecoin with false propaganda
2) He was awkward on TV when talking about Litecoin
3) Intuitively seems more genuine

Last night has left me depressed all day today. I'm very bothered by this. I feel like if I go with BCH I lose. If I go with BTC I lose. I feel like BTC is the good guy and BCH is the evil guy. However, BCH might win in the end. I see possible +EV with BCH though. So last night I caved guys. I caved. I feel sad but I did. I bought BCH which I thought I would never do (I didn't sell most of my BTC, It is like a hedge I suppose). Just seems like the +EV thing to do. Couldn't figure out if it was a pump/dump or a takeover so went with my limited knowledge.

If BCH makes it to $3,000ish I will dump some of my BCH for BTC again.

I'm distraught guys and not in a good way either. I kind of feel like I might be getting played, but I might be making the right decision.

For those whose didn't sissy out and bought during the dip/ attack - CHEERS !!

Activity: 420
Merit: 110
November 13, 2017, 02:31:27 PM
Not only you I think everyone attached to bitcoin community had some similar dillema. But I thinks its a bit too early to decide the consequences and decalre bch as the king. Its just been 4 days since this has started this might just be bitcoin price correction and not exactly dump.

BTC has made it all the way until now a long journey of 9 years we need to give it some time. But yes as its always said its the survival of the fittest so if btc fails on expectations of people they will surely shift to bch.
Activity: 574
November 13, 2017, 02:27:36 PM
Let's all calm down, don't loose faith in BTC yet. This just a time of trial for BTC and surely we will overcome. BTC will bounce back sooner than we think. Keep our faith in BTC
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000
November 13, 2017, 02:21:48 PM
It was just an opportunity for some to make some cash, you watch the same people will come back to btc with less credibility after whoring themselves.

I do agree with you on your litecoin thoughts, I am slowly picking bits and pieces up but litecoin should be up there with bitcoin not these sad takeover attempts.  Stay strong and hodl.
Activity: 196
November 13, 2017, 02:16:45 PM
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
I'm investigating Crypto Projects
November 13, 2017, 02:04:05 PM
Maybe it will be normal and you will get your faith back!
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
November 13, 2017, 12:25:04 PM
I am not, I have thought about the probabilities when I decided to invest in Bitcoin and getting involved with it. Bitcoin is not developed yet so it is not a perfect product but it is growing day by day and gaining perfection. I am fully aware of the risks associated with the investment but I am okay with it and I have no issues with the price surge and corrections because I am expecting returns in the long term and anything can happen in that period. I am confident about it and I trust Bitcoin even at this stage, no reason to lose faith.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
November 13, 2017, 12:20:28 PM
Why lose faith just because it goes down for a while? you need to be happy because in that time you can buy a lot for later i bought a lot last night when it was so cheap i believ it was 5k and right now it is 6.5k i already have a lot of profit.
Activity: 336
November 13, 2017, 12:14:16 PM
We know that people easily losses hope to bitcoin because they think once bitcoin's price went down it will be continuous but they are wrong. The price is consistently taking back the losses to prevent sudden dump in price.
Pages:
Jump to: