Pages:
Author

Topic: Losing faith in BTC... - page 10. (Read 5470 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 252
November 12, 2017, 08:37:42 PM
If your believe in Bitcoin was terribly shaken simply because of the very short pump of Bitcoin Cash, then I can tell you that your belief in Bitcoin is not strong enough. It is rather too shallow. Or perhaps you only believe what's strong and convenient to you. You now believe in BCH because of the pump? Try to be firm next time. Because right now that your belief in BTC is gone, its lost value has slowly been recovered. Will your believe shift again?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
November 12, 2017, 08:25:29 PM
I am glad to hear that I am not the only one with unconfirmed transactions. I guess I was unlucky to have a couple of transactions at this time. I think in a week or 2 everything will settle down again.

I have to say I think their temporary sabotage of Bitcoin actually might have worked against them. 700m dollars was tied up, that's 700m dollars from people who didn't know this was an orchestrated attack and who might have thought BCH at 0.45 BTC was an actual organic flippening going ahead.

A lot of these people could have fomo bought BCH if they'd been able to move their money.

But then word got around and people started realising what's happening and it failed.
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
November 12, 2017, 08:24:25 PM
if bitcoin cash really takes over bitcoin..then i think this makes the whole cryptoworld feel shady and will turn people away..just seems crazy that bitcoin this bitcoin that and then all of a sudden "bitcoin cash" is prime to be #1? just shows crypto currency is shady as fuck

Funny, I see this attitude from many a Kore devotee. The same techniques that are boosting the BCH price have been used to pump BTC to the moon, but I guess you didn't have a problem with it back then?

Wake up, crypto markets are unregulated - that's why so much money got pumped in from Wall St. They can use all of the techniques that are made illegal by SEC and FinCEN on the crypto exchanges, and even run their own fraudulent exchanges ( *cough* Bitfinex *cough*). But if you profit, who's to complain?

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005
Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard
November 12, 2017, 08:15:13 PM
I understand what you are saying, but to be honest I think the best option is to do nothing, and in the future I will also keep my forks, instead of dumping them right away. If I had done that, I would still have BCH, and I would win either way. I'm not going to sell my BTC now, and trade them for BCH though. This is temporary, and you are right, the market can still be manipulated, and that's why I prefer to just do nothing and just hold my coins, so I don't get played.

I don't think BCH will overtake bitcoin. Right now, miners are switching to BCH. I totally get it, it's more profitable to mine BCH right now, because the price gone up, and the difficulty to mine it, is much lower than of BTC. Of course that the difficulty will adjust, and they will switch back to BTC again.

As for what coin is better for the long run, I'm still going for BTC. Solving the scalability problem on-chain (increasing the block size for example) is just not the right solution. They can't keep doing it, otherwise it will be hard to run a full node in the future, because the blockchain will be huge. It could be a good temporary solution, but I really think that the best one is to solve it off-chain, with the segwit and everything that it offers (like the Lightning Network).

As for investment, the financial markets talk about bitcoin, and not bcash, and this is not temporary in my opinion. Money will start going in to bitcoin, and not to bitcoin cash, so bitcoin is the real asset for store of value, and not bcash.

So basically, this switch is just temporary and like you said, out of greed. I'm not concerned and I will just hold my coins.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
November 12, 2017, 08:11:02 PM
Your faith was obviously not strong enough, do what you want but do not say we did not warn you
Activity: 532
November 12, 2017, 08:10:10 PM
how long have you been following bitcoin? this is not new just like the previous bitcoin cash they would attempt to destroy bitcoin.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
November 12, 2017, 08:03:38 PM
I've too have lost a lot of faith and the feeling of safety in BTC.

All the hard forking drama of the past months and now this BCH takeover ... my money doesn't feel safe at all. If a few people manipulate the market this much and have  this effect on something as big as BTC ....theres is something very, very wrong somewhere.

It's relentless this BCH takeover, it's almost like it's one sided....from what I've read thought news, there is no defence aside from the odd thread. Sad

I think you're overreacting. There's a huge defence... knowledge.

The market has reacted very negatively to this takeover attempt. You have to realise just how much money and backing this had (they crippled Bitcoin transactions for days), and it still failed. I have the opposite reaction than you had, this actually made me feel pretty good that Btc is so resistant.

Yeah, I agree. It seems like BTC took the best shot someone could try to deal it and it stayed standing. Sure, it dropped, but it could have tanked. It doesn't seem like the impact was any worse than other previous corrections. Those weren't an orchestrated attack, either. The last day or so have been.
Activity: 210
November 12, 2017, 08:02:16 PM
I am glad to hear that I am not the only one with unconfirmed transactions. I guess I was unlucky to have a couple of transactions at this time. I think in a week or 2 everything will settle down again.
November 12, 2017, 07:52:46 PM

All the hard forking drama of the past months and now this BCH takeover ... my money doesn't feel safe at all. If a few people manipulate the market this much and have  this effect on something as big as BTC ....theres is something very, very wrong somewhere.

It's relentless this BCH takeover, it's almost like it's one sided....from what I've read thought news, there is no defence aside from the odd thread. Sad

I think you're overreacting. There's a huge defence... knowledge.

The market has reacted very negatively to this takeover attempt. You have to realise just how much money and backing this had (they crippled Bitcoin transactions for days), and it still failed. I have the opposite reaction than you had, this actually made me feel pretty good that Btc is so resistant.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
November 12, 2017, 07:45:17 PM

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
November 12, 2017, 07:43:49 PM
Funny thing is that if the price went up from $1000 in January, to $3000 today as all time high, people would be excited and have full confidence in Bitcoin. But just because the price went down from $7500 to $5500 in the last days, certain people are switching to another coin and start heavily doubting Bitcoin's potential and future. It perfectly shows that these people are very easy to manipulate into a certain direction. Their mood is as volatile as the market is. Price going up, Bitcoin is great! Price going down, Bitcoin is not worth it anymore.
Activity: 112
----Fan of This post!
November 12, 2017, 07:38:17 PM
Just sell a little bit of your Bitcoin Cash since it has hit highs it will go down ... Turn it into BTC or cash. Then when it starts to go back up again either buy it or BTC....

Bitcoin Cash is a Altcoin.... it will never be the #1....it took years to be the #1... its like called pennis a dollar! FUcK YOU PENNY
November 12, 2017, 07:34:35 PM
It is funny to see  people losing their faith because of the small incidents, coin pumping is a common things, the whale will choose coin to pump and dump and this time they choose bch, crypto currencies is decentralised world so everything will be up and down, it is stupid to dump bitcoin  for alt coins, bitcoin already rising so fast so it's normal to have a drop price and corrections

You have to admit, though.... it's pretty weird for the #2 coin to trade like a pump-and-dump. This isn't like the days of Cryptsy. It took an incredible amount of money to pump Bitcoin Cash to those levels. I'm honestly still in awe, and I wonder if it can continue.

After seeing the value of Bitcoin Cash drop in half in ~ 30 minutes last night, I figured it was over. Rising too quickly like that usually means no recovery for a very long time. But I'll admit that it's scary to watch this sort of manipulation. And it doesn't bode well for the approval of ETF's either, IMO.

I think Ver and pals are basically propping it up on their own. Yes they had an incredible amount of money and connections in cryptoland but they're burning through those funds and any goodwill they've had from others. I don't think they're pumping and dumping, just pumping. They were legit trying to cause a flip, soon they will be hated people with a whole helluva lot of a hated coin. They are destroying their rep, Bitcoin Cash's rep and their wealth, I really think they'll lose a lot of money on this madness.
Activity: 384
Merit: 250
NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕
November 12, 2017, 07:30:11 PM
This is not the first time that the price of Bitcoin has fallen,soon after the price of bitcoin is restored. but let's not ignore that the boom in the bitcoin price in the last period was due to fork,which is the main reason.and this fork is postponed for an unknown time.
Activity: 742
Merit: 144
November 12, 2017, 07:27:00 PM
Not only the BCH will not replace the BTC, but once the BTC will beat it in few days, it will have no more obstacle to reach 10k and all of those people who sold low will have only their eyes to cry

That’s right, well i know bitcoin will overcome all those obstacles road to $10k watch out for this because any moment from now it will hit that top and beat all those people who think btc is dying. This is just the beginning of great coming years.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
November 12, 2017, 07:24:16 PM
It is funny to see  people losing their faith because of the small incidents, coin pumping is a common things, the whale will choose coin to pump and dump and this time they choose bch, crypto currencies is decentralised world so everything will be up and down, it is stupid to dump bitcoin  for alt coins, bitcoin already rising so fast so it's normal to have a drop price and corrections

You have to admit, though.... it's pretty weird for the #2 coin to trade like a pump-and-dump. This isn't like the days of Cryptsy. It took an incredible amount of money to pump Bitcoin Cash to those levels. I'm honestly still in awe, and I wonder if it can continue.

After seeing the value of Bitcoin Cash drop in half in ~ 30 minutes last night, I figured it was over. Rising too quickly like that usually means no recovery for a very long time. But I'll admit that it's scary to watch this sort of manipulation. And it doesn't bode well for the approval of ETF's either, IMO.
Activity: 84
November 12, 2017, 07:19:06 PM
Yes Bitcoin's price can be manipulated by some whales right now, it is because as of now it is just a game of who has most of the coins. But once the time comes that Bitcoin is used as a currency, businesses accepting bitcoin as a mode of payment then those whales can't do anything about the price anymore, they can't manipulate it.

That is what they want to happen they want people to loose faith in BTC and convert to an alt coin then once the price is low they will buy BTC again. Don't get fooled guys.
Activity: 490
Merit: 258
November 12, 2017, 07:18:36 PM
I feel you, OP... McAfee's switch to BCH shook my faith very very hard. I have 3 bitcoins on hand and 3 bitcoin cash on the other. This sick event will definitely make me a little bit richer in fiat if I would sell today, however, I bought bitcoins not because of anything else but my belief in Satoshi's vision. This Roger Bullshit Ver will definitely give some of our money to the government very soon... He'll pay taxes either full or half of it.

I cannot speak up and tell you guys to never lose hope in BTC because I already did. But I will hold until the last value of it... I WOULD NOT LET MY GREED CONTROL MY VISION. MY VISION IS TO SPEND AND RECEIVE PAYMENTS WITHOUT GIVING A SINGLE DIME TO THE GOVERNMENT... and I don't think BCH will be like that. If few people could manipulate, then the government could.
November 12, 2017, 07:11:44 PM
People who bet too much on BCH will have a hard return on earth, you can quote this Wink

Thankfully, I agree.

If the manipulators pulled it off though the whole thing would be fucked, but I'm glad to see the rise of BCC has not got any grassroots support at all, and is about as popular as herpes.

If it was going to succeed it would have happened by now, with Roger's millions behind it, mining pools and sabotage and it's BTFO by the market, who clearly wants Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: