Pages:
Author

Topic: Market can be manipulated? - page 5. (Read 5404 times)

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335
October 29, 2018, 01:48:08 PM
Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?

Some traders and investors depend on the market price before making an investment or trade. So, just a big dump on the market will make a ladder effect. Also, news on cryptocurrency drives the market demand too. Just one fake news it can change the whole market price of the whole crypto market.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
October 29, 2018, 01:46:51 PM
So almost all exchanges wind trading volumes , and this is normal, each of the exchanges wants to trade on their exchanges than competitors
Activity: 602
Merit: 105
October 29, 2018, 01:23:48 PM
There is no doubt that this market can be manipulated. You can see how whales drop prices of top crypto in order to buy cheap - sell high.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
October 29, 2018, 01:19:28 PM
I think anything is possible. These people own the stock exchange and have at their disposal all our money, of course they are able to make a pump.
The Stock Exchange investors are now using Crypto more, prices are manipulated because of the whales.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
homt.net
October 29, 2018, 01:16:11 PM
I think you can manipulate any object of interest. Since any field of activity has points on which you can click. And as well as what you can freely manipulate.
I wish those manipulators could manipulate the SEC decision and let us all off the hook. People are waiting for Bitcoin to moon again and losing patience.
in my opinion if you want to try yourself in new sphere you can try hourself of course but you shoyld also know about the risks
I think the manipulator should know what is the change  that happen on the market. They can use the speculation to start their decision in facing the market situation. It's okey if we also consider the risk. Because everything in this life is full of risk.
Activity: 336
October 29, 2018, 12:52:10 PM
Now while the cryptocurrency market is not very large, you can manipulate the price and raise and lower the price artificially. In a few years, price manipulation will become impossible.
Activity: 424
Merit: 108
October 29, 2018, 12:51:04 PM
Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?
I think there are some points that I read about that they are saying that it can be manipulated by many reasons and one of that is the big whales. Meaning the persons who have a big amount of tokens that can buy and sell with their strategy, that is why I think it can be manipulated in some points.
Activity: 868
Merit: 116
October 29, 2018, 12:49:52 PM
In a real note, many markets are being manipulated by either the exchange itself or some big whales who will want to either pump or dump for their favour.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 264
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
October 29, 2018, 12:46:58 PM
The market can be manipulated easily by whales since they have a large amount of token/coins.

And change the way the market it is, since manipulating a market is easy for them.
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
October 29, 2018, 12:46:52 PM
I think it's possible. I think it is possible to pump several coins especially if the market situation allows it.
Activity: 854
Merit: 101
October 29, 2018, 12:46:18 PM
Every market can be manipulated, there are so many whales in the community...
But still the manipulation will never last for a long time.
People or majority of the people in the world will dictate the market price and demand.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
October 29, 2018, 12:44:51 PM
I think anything is possible. These people own the stock exchange and have at their disposal all our money, of course they are able to make a pump.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
October 29, 2018, 06:35:19 AM

i always think that is it someone control crypto behind us  Embarrassed u have the same feeling?
Activity: 504
October 29, 2018, 05:32:55 AM
To monitor market prices, there are many official markets and are trusted by the crypto community as a reference in observing market price developments. But because most people already know, the crypto community must be smarter and read more information in this forum.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
October 29, 2018, 05:28:58 AM
In long term investment i would probably invest in bitcoin. It have a potential to grow more.
Activity: 6
October 29, 2018, 05:17:05 AM
Probably with a long-term investment, you avoid losing the golden opportunity to buy a coin that explodes at certain moments.
Activity: 5
October 29, 2018, 05:16:11 AM
the price of coins on the market is unstable but many people predict the coins will grow so I think holding bitcoin or altcoin like eth will be very profitable in the future
Activity: 625
Merit: 125
October 29, 2018, 05:08:48 AM

Unregulated market like crypto will always be subject to manipulation by major holders and exchanges.
Us, mere planktons, will just need to learn and adjust with the whales.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
October 29, 2018, 02:40:26 AM
Look at the size of this market. It can be manipulated by any student from Wall Street. There is a barrier of entry is much higher and these guys have something for the soul.
Activity: 728
Merit: 14
October 28, 2018, 10:47:38 PM
of course, the crypto market can be manipulated. the market is unregulated and completely open to pump and dump. you should be aware of this before investing in crypto.
Pages:
Jump to: