Pages:
Author

Topic: Marriage: Character or Beauty? - page 3. (Read 1532 times)

Activity: 86
Merit: 2
January 15, 2023, 11:43:41 AM
It all depends on the needs of a man when going into marriage  because non of these qualities are less important ,

So  if a man feels that beauty will bring him joy and peace of mind in his home,  I will advise that he choose it and same goes for character  ,
 but as for me I will go for something that wont  fade with time

, it could be beauty, it could be character, it could be something else,  I'd sure will know when I'm ready for marriage.  Thanks
Activity: 504
Merit: 302
January 15, 2023, 05:04:29 AM
The character, behavior, and many other qualities that make a woman suitable as a wife are what you should look for instead of her physical attractiveness because, no matter how attractive she may be, if she does not treat you with respect, goodness, and a good heart, her beauty is worthless. Reading this post reminded me of some men who chased attractive women before getting engaged, only to later be complaining about their union.
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
December 10, 2022, 12:14:27 AM
beauty for the honeymoon period.(first 7 years) but character if you want it to last until the 60th anniversary
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
December 05, 2022, 10:43:24 PM
Although there are no generally acceptable feature of a beautiful woman, but there are some physical qualities that we see in a woman and assume she’s beautiful. Large eyes, white teeth,  big smile, the curvature of the spine, a waist-to-hip ratio of .67 to .80, glowing skin, thick and healthy hair are all beauty qualities. We hear slim is beautiful, fair is lovely, fat is shaming.

My wife doesn’t have these qualities. To make matters worse, she is suffering from a skin disease that makes her skin very unpleasant to behold. People always tell me that my wife is ugly. Sometimes I feel bad and want to regret marrying her, but these few attributes keeps me going.

Intelligence: My wife is extremely brainy. My children don’t have issues with their academics because she is the best teacher.

Contentment: She has never encouraged me to spend money on what we don’t need. My wife ensures we live or spend based on our income. Borrowing or loans is a taboo in our home. And she has taught our children contentment.

Caring: I and the children always feel her absence when she travels. She ensures that I don’t lack both physical and emotional support.

Selfless: The first laptop I had was a gift from her. She had to sacrifice part of her business money for me to get that device.

Team player: We are the best match. My weakness is her strength and my strength is her weakness. She is my better half.

Like I stated before, sometimes I look at her unattractive face and skin and I wish she wasn’t my wife. But her good character informs me that I am married to the most beautiful woman in the world.

Well you have an unusual combo for a wife. Lots of perfect 10s and a few 2s and 3s.

My wife is very good in emotional support.
My wife is moral but truly moral not bullshit moral. Ie she is not a holy roller that cheats.
My wife is fairly good looking.

So I get good/great character and fair/good looks.

say 9s for character and 7s for looks.

plus she actually likes sex with me never underestimate the value of that.

Her biggest flaw is her brother has dementia and she wants to continue helping him as much as she can.
That is actually a pretty good flaw but it can be exhausting.

I can sincerely say of the few girls I was with before her none were in her class.
So after all the talk I would say personality and character are more important than looks.

so I rather have a wife that was an 8-10 for character and personality and a 5-7 for looks.

Than the other way around.

To be honest as I look at the girls I have been with look wise they were all 5-8

And character wise only my wife was a 8-10.

So it was an easy thing to say she looks okay, but she has heart 💜 so I want her.
Activity: 868
Merit: 38
Join hands and help me to grow everybody...
December 05, 2022, 07:30:15 PM
Marriage is all about character because when married because of beauty you will end by a young if you are a man and if you are a woman you end up of leaving your husband sounds so it is good for both of you to know your characters before coming into marriage life because marriage life is something that someone should do know very well so that there will be remorse after coming together.
Activity: 602
Merit: 442
I buy all valid country Gift cards swiftly.
December 03, 2022, 05:30:57 AM

Like I stated before, sometimes I look at her unattractive face and skin and I wish she wasn’t my wife. But her good character informs me that I am married to the most beautiful woman in the world.

I'm not trying to talk bad of you after taking this bold step to share your burdens with the community over here but It seems you're confused and maybe you might be seeing someone else outside of your wife.
The face and the skin are mere physical attributes can be treated if paid well attention to.
Sincerely you wouldn't realize how much value what you have posses until you lose it. This very saying now points directly to you and you have to rebuke every person that will ever summon such courage to speak ill of your wife to you.
Do you really know how much pains people are going through in their marriages ?
I doubt you do if not you wouldn't for once have a single thought of regretting marrying your wife.
Women generally have alot problem most times and it's very rare having a submissive wife in this out very generation.
I have a friend who works offshores and I'm always with him whenever his around and it haven't been easy because I feel the pains when he complains that he finds peace more when on board than home.
People, if presented with the opportunity will love to marry a woman with both beauty and also character.

So sir my advice to you is that you go work on her physical beauty and be so grateful for all the inner beauty you've got.
Activity: 2156
Merit: 251
Binance #Smart World Global Token
December 02, 2022, 09:22:59 PM
When I want to ask a woman for a serious relationship the first what I look at is not her beauty but her character, my wife is wondering why I choose her over the other girl. Well, I tell her that I love her personality which is really what I'm looking for, for her beauty? well it's average for me but I know that if we give our partner enough money I can make her more beautiful than before  Grin. So beauty is still number two when looking at a girl for marriage.

Well that's still different when you're looking for a nightstand tho since we want to fulfill our lust.
Activity: 644
Merit: 544
December 02, 2022, 08:16:22 AM

If you can, it's a good idea to possess both traits, but for a variety of reasons, I'll focus more on character than beauty. A big issue arises when one lacks decent character while having a gorgeous bride. In fact, character lasts longer than beauty because character can't easily be changed while beauty is more susceptible to change. When someone has a good character partner, they will be easygoing by showing respect for one another, making life plans together, and raising good character children.

Some people who got married because beautiful found it difficult to live in peace. But beauty is still beneficial since you need the attraction component when it comes to the sexual aspect if you want to marry someone.
Activity: 784
Merit: 589
November 20, 2022, 09:17:35 AM
In life, you can't have everything. You just make do with the little you have and try to be content with it. Yeah, there are beauties with brains out there but sometimes, they lack character. If I go for a woman who's just beautiful, I need to ask myself this question; do I have the means to maintain her? How long will this last?

Some people go for beauty just to have bragging rights that they managed to score someone hot. Marriage is like a school where you enter but hardly come out from and as such one need not judge on the physical, but look deeper. Most failed marriages today are as a result of a lack in character and nothing else.
Activity: 700
Merit: 577
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
October 31, 2022, 11:52:18 AM
When a man married a beautiful woman, he married more problems. Problems he will married, since the lady is beautiful, there are some people (boys) that are in her compound that likes her so if you married her all those people will become your enemies. And we can see this marrying a beautiful woman with the problems in the book (Novel) of "The Concubine" by A. Amadi. This can also happened to a man who is handsome and a woman married him then all those girls that were eyeing him would become the girls enemy.

And also from the Novel I discovered that all beautiful girls has a spiritual husband which preventing them to get married, and any man who married them must be killed. Unless the girl or the boy is very strong in Christian (born again)

Therefore, marrying a beautiful woman has to be careful. Marrying a good character woman is nice but we need beauty and handsome as well.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 311
October 29, 2022, 02:58:57 PM
Beauty is not enough for marriage. I will prefer a brainy woman to a beautiful woman without brains. The character that attracts me most is a woman who is open to new discoveries, trying out new things and ever ready to learn no matter how difficult it seems. Beauty can be deceptive. I will gladly enjoy an ugly girl with brains than a beautiful girl who has nothing to offer.

Outside that everyone needs a compatible spouse. If my compatibility dwells in a queen who is ugly then it is my duty to make her feel beautiful has much as i can. Facial beauty has landed so many in wrong marriages and relationship I will always chose happiness over facial beauty anyway.

Activity: 616
Merit: 291
October 27, 2022, 02:12:46 AM
beauty standards in each country or area are different,
beauty is relative
maybe most people say that beauty is white, beauty is slim, but that's all different from people who like the opposite,

basically beauty is relative,
And if you only see beauty without seeing what's in her heart it's a big mistake,
- because beauty is beauty
- but a kind heart is perfection.
Activity: 868
Merit: 38
Join hands and help me to grow everybody...
October 23, 2022, 06:03:50 PM
When we talk about marriage. Character matter's alost. Come to think of it . People go into married before of love and caring.u can get married to a man that love you so much and he is ready to do anything for you.let just say after five months.think change he will start complaining . some of the girls are beautiful but u don't have character.some are ugly but with Brian.
Married is all about endurance and Patience. Respect  your husband and take your responsibility ask a wife . married is all about understanding and build  your truth. Some of the ladies hide their character when dating and after getting married to them. They will
 change their character and turn to something else , just pray that God should give you the right person as your husband or your wife some people into married because the Man that wants to marry her has money not thinking of the consequences of going in that married. Think before going into any married because is not easy ask you think my advice for those who wants go into married is that u have to think twice and ready to take ur responsible ask wife or husband . A wife must have a good plan and focus on how to plan with the family . The character first before beauty . Getting a beautiful wife without characters waste of time

Activity: 784
Merit: 589
October 23, 2022, 05:57:43 AM
In this present days, educated women are giving more problems to their husbands more than the village girls.
agree. be wary to educated women who has better job income than you or you will take commands from her. i've seen women who could shout to their husband in front of their friends. its degrading to the man.

Well, I think that would be an assumption on your part. Maybe you may have had a nasty experience with those educated, self centered women, and have decided to base your judgement, but there are still educated females out there who rake in the cash but still remain humble, submissive and respectful to their husbands.

I think character trumps beauty any day.
Activity: 324
Merit: 22
October 11, 2022, 09:09:43 PM
I have to be attracted but character is a necessity.

First wife was big in church, cheated on me.

Second wife was innocent girl next door type, cheated on me.

(they both had massive childhood flaws, neither blamed it on me)

Had a stripper girlfriend that treated me perfectly and fought for me like a shield madden. Loyal as a good hunting dog. But she wanted kids and I was done with that already.

Sometimes you just don't know until you know.  Thing aren't always what they seem.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
September 25, 2022, 08:36:50 PM
In this present days, educated women are giving more problems to their husbands more than the village girls.

agree. be wary to educated women who has better job income than you or you will take commands from her. i've seen women who could shout to their husband in front of their friends. its degrading to the man.

or sometimes it takes a lifetime to know a person. when you both have to face new problems/situations, this is when you get to know the real characteristics of your partner.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1246
September 25, 2022, 08:09:12 PM
___Large eyes, white teeth,  big smile, the curvature of the spine, a waist-to-hip ratio of .67 to .80, glowing skin, thick and healthy hair are all beauty qualities. We hear slim is beautiful, fair is lovely, fat is shaming.

As for me those are not qualities but there are some of the generally accepted features of a beautiful woman. A woman is beautiful when she has those things but a good charactered man can marry a woman base those features. If a man married a woman from the beautiful attributes then he might make a ever lasting mistake in his life. But when a man married a woman with the good qualities then the man would also be happy. From the biblical inference, that is why the Bible says, "whoever findeth a wife, findeth a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord". Proverbs 18:22. Therefore, before you get married, you have to seek the face of the Lord first before you go into.

Intelligence: My wife is extremely brainy. My children don’t have issues with their academics because she is the best teacher.

Contentment: She has never encouraged me to spend money on what we don’t need. My wife ensures we live or spend based on our income. Borrowing or loans is a taboo in our home. And she has taught our children contentment.

Caring: I and the children always feel her absence when she travels. She ensures that I don’t lack both physical and emotional support.

Selfless: The first laptop I had was a gift from her. She had to sacrifice part of her business money for me to get that device.

Team player: We are the best match. My weakness is her strength and my strength is her weakness. She is my better half.

The above mentioned are not features but qualities of a woman. Every man wants his woman (wife) to be economical. Extravagant spending of a woman is not yet ready for good home. A wife must have good plans and focus with her husband to build the family. And also a good husband will give his salary to his wife to manage. Remember woman is the last born (creature) of God, therefore, man must pet her through out the marriage. Whether she is educated or not.

In this present days, educated women are giving more problems to their husbands more than the village girls. Marry a woman that is good for you all depends on your character
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1248
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
September 23, 2022, 11:18:49 PM
Both or nothing!
Activity: 1064
Merit: 501
September 23, 2022, 02:55:00 PM
the character first before beauty. Finding someone with beauty and character is a bonus.

When a marriage is centred on beauty, it ends in disaffection and regrets during body changes in the child's bearing and old age. But when you go for the character, there will be room for peace and harmony. A good character gives peace of mind.

Activity: 168
Merit: 4
September 20, 2022, 02:23:39 AM
Nothing beats marrying a man or woman that possesses good character. Beauty without character only impounds discomfort in marriage and before you'd know it, you guys get divorced.
Pages:
Jump to: