Pages:
Author

Topic: Marriage: Character or Beauty? - page 4. (Read 1532 times)

Activity: 788
Merit: 273
May 27, 2022, 06:56:55 AM
If this is about a good wife, then I prefer character. Many people around me say that beauty is just bonus. A priest I know said, be careful to choose who's going to be your wife/husband, because the regret is a lifetime (you would wash your face with tears everyday). Just like other people comment here, ignore that society call your wife ugly. This modern era give good looking person even more benefits that it used to be. Beauty will fade away, as a man, we will always looking for younger beautiful girl. A wise woman is like a treasure.
Activity: 784
Merit: 589
May 27, 2022, 12:42:02 AM
Beauty is the first thing that attracts any one to approach you, give you a second glance or even go as far as getting the urge to know more about you. But I've known over the years that beauty can take you to a king's palace, but it is character that keeps you.
 People these days are so engrossed in the art of being beautiful that they forget to build their characters and you things like "beauty 100%, but character 0." At that time, people will see you for whom you are, a beautiful face and nothing more.
 Beauty fades, character doesn't.
Activity: 56
Merit: 17
May 19, 2022, 02:30:48 AM
A beautiful person without good character ,is nothing to write home about ,many may like a beautiful person but later get to hate the person because of the bad character,Many may not like a person because the person is not beautiful but will definately like the person because of a good character.

When choosen a partner for marriage it is always advisable not to go for beauty but rather go for attitude,good charcter and good personality.
Beauty without good attitude is a write off ,Ugliness with good character is a go. Considering this two goes a long way in decision making ,Beauty will not raise a family but good character will ,beauty will not sustain a family but good character does,Beauty will not train kids but good character will and give them good up bringing. Beauty will not keep a marriage but good character will.
Activity: 798
Merit: 34
May 09, 2022, 05:47:53 PM
Beautiful characters is all that matters not just a Beautiful face, Beautiful fades away. But the the character will be always there and that' is what attract people to closer. When the character is ugly it irritates people.  The face cab be fine but when the character is ugly it makes the entire personality ugly.
Activity: 699
Merit: 18
Do it For Better Humanity
May 09, 2022, 11:49:53 AM
Large eyes, white teeth,  big smile, the curvature of the spine, a waist-to-hip ratio of .67 to .80, glowing skin, thick and healthy hair are all beauty qualities. We hear slim is beautiful, fair is lovely, fat is shaming.

Even a woman with all these qualities and no good attitude or character becomes ugly as time goes on. They look attractive at the beginning but when you get to know them better or get to marry them, You will see thier true colour and regret every time you've spent with them. Although, its good to have a beautiful wife but its better to have a wife with a good character.
Activity: 868
Merit: 38
Join hands and help me to grow everybody...
April 18, 2022, 11:50:11 AM
From what i know woman don't fine physical for me the place i look at the beauty of woman is through character and good character woman is woman that can tolerate you as husband a woman that can cook and tidy untidy environment without the husband reminder but some people married because of face appearance of woman and that make men end their marriage home broken
Activity: 119
Merit: 1
April 12, 2022, 04:59:32 PM
Marriage now a days is lot of of people   not only the appearance both woman and man they are searching what is there status there life ,if you like that your a wise person.If true love comes whatever who you are is acceptable,not just because beauty also charater  how you to hold the relationship being couples,so you can stay longer for marriage right.If marriage is only beauty and you think is can display your partner outside your home ,but cannot do anything about to your relationship as a couple that is  unsuccesful marriage.In fact ,now is not just beauty too also status of life ,if how you drive your life while living.
Activity: 336
Merit: 41
April 12, 2022, 10:58:40 AM
The question is, what's beauty?
Is it a matter of the physical looks or an innate personality thing, or the both?
Rhetorical as these questions may be, when it comes to marriage, my peace of mind I get from the person is what I regard as beauty to me.

Even the Holy Book (Bible), talks about a "a woman who's beautiful but lethal" in character.
So if your woman gives you a sense of peace and harmony within you as you have recorded some above from the OP, then Bro, to me you have one of the most beautiful woman on Earth.

Don't let the physical decieve you.
Activity: 396
Merit: 30
March 24, 2022, 01:08:39 PM
Although there are no generally acceptable feature of a beautiful woman, but there are some physical qualities that we see in a woman and assume she’s beautiful. Large eyes, white teeth,  big smile, the curvature of the spine, a waist-to-hip ratio of .67 to .80, glowing skin, thick and healthy hair are all beauty qualities. We hear slim is beautiful, fair is lovely, fat is shaming.

My wife doesn’t have these qualities. To make matters worse, she is suffering from a skin disease that makes her skin very unpleasant to behold. People always tell me that my wife is ugly. Sometimes I feel bad and want to regret marrying her, but these few attributes keeps me going.

Intelligence: My wife is extremely brainy. My children don’t have issues with their academics because she is the best teacher.

Contentment: She has never encouraged me to spend money on what we don’t need. My wife ensures we live or spend based on our income. Borrowing or loans is a taboo in our home. And she has taught our children contentment.

Caring: I and the children always feel her absence when she travels. She ensures that I don’t lack both physical and emotional support.

Selfless: The first laptop I had was a gift from her. She had to sacrifice part of her business money for me to get that device.

Team player: We are the best match. My weakness is her strength and my strength is her weakness. She is my better half.

Like I stated before, sometimes I look at her unattractive face and skin and I wish she wasn’t my wife. But her good character informs me that I am married to the most beautiful woman in the world.

You are lucky that your wife has much beauty in her character. She possesses many qualities that you described. In fact, She is your good partner in life. She sacrifices for you cares for you, and Accompanies you in trouble. I think you should also give her respect and value because she is also the mother of your children and giving them good education and training.As concern face beauty etc.. This is not for ever and permanent.
Activity: 840
Merit: 23
March 18, 2022, 09:06:32 AM
When the said beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, I don't think it meant that someone who isn't beautiful can be seen as beautiful from another person.

In my own opinion, I'll say, different strokes works for different persons, people admire others differently, but truly, the real beauty of a woman lies in her character and not in her physical attributes, of what gain would it be if you get entangled to some one whose physical attractive but inwardly ugly??

Nothing, you'll rather lose instead of add value which is supposed to be the Paramount thing in any relationship.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 110
March 03, 2022, 10:22:44 AM
For Marriage, I'd say it's a bit of both for me (Character & beauty) and other things. You wouldn't just want to marry a beautiful face without character, that marriage wil never be peaceful, and you can also not just marry Character without any form of beauty, you would like for your partner to be presentable in public as well, that is beautiful, because that is first thing everyone see's before character.

For me I'd rather choose character, beauty fades as times goes by, while character will remain as it is if you safeguard it well. I am a happy married man and even though I don't have a beautiful (in your definition) wife to brag to the public or the community, I am grateful because she has the good character. Aside from that, if I had a beautiful wife and other men staring at her would get me jealous and mad, they could be fantasizing and all stuffs unimaginable. I don't want to display her beauty and all, that sexy body and fine skin, it is a temptation to other. Also we have our own definitions of beauty, for me all is creations are beautiful, I have a religion and believed that GOD's creations are beautiful in their own way.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1071
March 02, 2022, 07:24:53 PM
For Marriage, I'd say it's a bit of both for me (Character & beauty) and other things. You wouldn't just want to marry a beautiful face without character, that marriage wil never be peaceful, and you can also not just marry Character without any form of beauty, you would like for your partner to be presentable in public as well, that is beautiful, because that is first thing everyone see's before character.

Activity: 868
Merit: 12
March 02, 2022, 05:53:57 PM
People who chose beauty over character in marriage mostly battle all sort of issues from one end to another which in turn led to divorce. The true beauty is character, if you posses a good character then you definitely are beautiful. Welcome to my world!
Activity: 756
Merit: 1723
Crypto Swap Exchange
February 20, 2022, 10:05:39 AM
Humans rarely find someone with both a physical attractiveness and a personality to fit theirs like a puzzle.  This is why some relationships are seen by the public as 'Beauty and the Beast'.  At first glance we tend to care about physical attractiveness, but that is not the real beauty in humans.  The real beauty is the inner one, and you only see it when you look for it.

I have heard so many married couples say they thought their partner was ugly when they first met.  There is no real definition for beauty though, is there?  How do we define how an appalling woman is supposed to look?  It is nowadays all based on what celebrities and the upper class look like.

Do not feel ashamed of having a wife the society thinks is ugly.  If you find your personalities to fit each other and you feel well with her, it means you are in the right place.  If decades ago being fat was a shame, today it is seen as sexy.  Let what the society determines to be beautiful be just a silly trend and nothing else.

-
Regards,
PrivacyG
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1004
February 20, 2022, 09:07:29 AM
Although there are no generally acceptable feature of a beautiful woman, but there are some physical qualities that we see in a woman and assume she’s beautiful. Large eyes, white teeth,  big smile, the curvature of the spine, a waist-to-hip ratio of .67 to .80, glowing skin, thick and healthy hair are all beauty qualities. We hear slim is beautiful, fair is lovely, fat is shaming.

My wife doesn’t have these qualities. To make matters worse, she is suffering from a skin disease that makes her skin very unpleasant to behold. People always tell me that my wife is ugly. Sometimes I feel bad and want to regret marrying her, but these few attributes keeps me going.

Intelligence: My wife is extremely brainy. My children don’t have issues with their academics because she is the best teacher.

Contentment: She has never encouraged me to spend money on what we don’t need. My wife ensures we live or spend based on our income. Borrowing or loans is a taboo in our home. And she has taught our children contentment.

Caring: I and the children always feel her absence when she travels. She ensures that I don’t lack both physical and emotional support.

Selfless: The first laptop I had was a gift from her. She had to sacrifice part of her business money for me to get that device.

Team player: We are the best match. My weakness is her strength and my strength is her weakness. She is my better half.

Like I stated before, sometimes I look at her unattractive face and skin and I wish she wasn’t my wife. But her good character informs me that I am married to the most beautiful woman in the world.

Pages:
Jump to: