Pages:
Author

Topic: MARS one on 2025 - page 4. (Read 6977 times)

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386
September 07, 2015, 01:45:55 PM
It's sad really, we could all be flying around in space if it weren't for humanity being a dumbass, fighting each other, destroying their cradle (Earth)...

Not could - would.

The dark ages lasted for about 700 years (roughly the 6th to 13th centuries) where there was no scientific research and everyone believed in a god.

We would be colonizing the nearest stars by now if the dark ages hadn't existed.

That could be a possibility. Imagine how technology evolved rapidly since the invention of steam engines in the 1600s? In just a span of 400 + years, here we are now, having the modern tech laid before us. Only if those people back then didn't delay scientific advancements, imagine what kind of technology would we have right now? We could have set up colonies in different star systems by now if not because of those close-minded religious dudes believing that science is the work of demons and is only a way to distance Man from God.

I am not certain this is true.  The dark ages may have been a necessary prelude to the explosion of science, knowledge and philosophy we call the Renaissance.  Something like night and day, winter and summer.  Maybe.

And it's certainly not accurate to suggest that pre-microscope, pre-telescope, people were close minded.  They just couldn't SEE THINGS.  Were you or I there now, we would be certain of "Rational and Logical Thinking" which led to conclusions that are now thought of as ridiculous.

Back to the subject, note the phrase "Colonizing Mars" is a hugely different thing than saying "Making one trip to Mars."  There's nothing wrong with considering 250 years as a reasonable timeframe for "Colonizing Mars."  And with the highly productive robotic rovers, we are doing a great job towards advancing such goals.  But much very basic stuff remains to be understood.

Further and prime most, I suggest that when this exploration and colonization happens, they will be using Bitcoin.

Not only will they be using Bitcoin (or what bitcoin develops into with the advent to household, quantum computers), but government as we know it will be a thing of the past. There won't be any IRS. There won't be any police-brutality-plague. People will rule themselves under common law, based on if they harm or injure anybody.

Probably, there won't be any petrodollar, business people who rule the world. Things will be free and just. Mars missions will be based on individuals doing thier thing in the Mars program, based on volunteer giving to a company that doesn't have any government red tape, and that operates freely for those who donate. In fact, it will be the people who donate that will be making the decisions... based on real value donations, rather than on some fake fiat donations of a debt system that is bank controlled.

Courts will only be there to help sort out issues between people. Corporate veils will be bypassed in man to man court issues... even corporate veils regarding the defrauding scheme of the current Mars program being talked about in this thread.

There will be real value for value in the Mars program.

Smiley

Why, a verfitable UTOPIA awaits us...only it must battle for supremacy with the Christian utopia, the Islam utopia, the Communist utopia and hundreds of others.

Why should I believe in YOURS?

This is all backwards.  You should believe in MINE.  MINE is BESTEST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSGuBNopzBw

And you can TRUST ME.  Course right now, things be looking pretty bad and getting badder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meCZ5hWNRFU

And we ain't gonna colonize that Mars until we knows how to make fiddles thar, out of that dirt or something.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
September 07, 2015, 01:09:11 PM
It's sad really, we could all be flying around in space if it weren't for humanity being a dumbass, fighting each other, destroying their cradle (Earth)...

Not could - would.

The dark ages lasted for about 700 years (roughly the 6th to 13th centuries) where there was no scientific research and everyone believed in a god.

We would be colonizing the nearest stars by now if the dark ages hadn't existed.

That could be a possibility. Imagine how technology evolved rapidly since the invention of steam engines in the 1600s? In just a span of 400 + years, here we are now, having the modern tech laid before us. Only if those people back then didn't delay scientific advancements, imagine what kind of technology would we have right now? We could have set up colonies in different star systems by now if not because of those close-minded religious dudes believing that science is the work of demons and is only a way to distance Man from God.

I am not certain this is true.  The dark ages may have been a necessary prelude to the explosion of science, knowledge and philosophy we call the Renaissance.  Something like night and day, winter and summer.  Maybe.

And it's certainly not accurate to suggest that pre-microscope, pre-telescope, people were close minded.  They just couldn't SEE THINGS.  Were you or I there now, we would be certain of "Rational and Logical Thinking" which led to conclusions that are now thought of as ridiculous.

Back to the subject, note the phrase "Colonizing Mars" is a hugely different thing than saying "Making one trip to Mars."  There's nothing wrong with considering 250 years as a reasonable timeframe for "Colonizing Mars."  And with the highly productive robotic rovers, we are doing a great job towards advancing such goals.  But much very basic stuff remains to be understood.

Further and prime most, I suggest that when this exploration and colonization happens, they will be using Bitcoin.

Not only will they be using Bitcoin (or what bitcoin develops into with the advent to household, quantum computers), but government as we know it will be a thing of the past. There won't be any IRS. There won't be any police-brutality-plague. People will rule themselves under common law, based on if they harm or injure anybody.

Probably, there won't be any petrodollar, business people who rule the world. Things will be free and just. Mars missions will be based on individuals doing thier thing in the Mars program, based on volunteer giving to a company that doesn't have any government red tape, and that operates freely for those who donate. In fact, it will be the people who donate that will be making the decisions... based on real value donations, rather than on some fake fiat donations of a debt system that is bank controlled.

Courts will only be there to help sort out issues between people. Corporate veils will be bypassed in man to man court issues... even corporate veils regarding the defrauding scheme of the current Mars program being talked about in this thread.

There will be real value for value in the Mars program.

Smiley
legendary
September 07, 2015, 12:35:41 PM

Not could - would.

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
September 07, 2015, 10:15:26 AM
You just need to look at the past 50+ years!  Look how far we've come since 1960!

It's said the human race learns more each year than all the years previous put together.
I concur. The developments in the last 50 years definitely outweigh the years before that. I wonder how much things are going to change between 2015 and 2050. Hopefully humanity will be able to colonize Mars by then (if this mission and similar ones don't work out). I think that with more money being invested in R&D we would be able to do these things much faster. However, most humans are not interested in development but rather enjoyment (hedonistic lifestyle). If it weren't for the few individuals in the past, the development would have been tens of times slower.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
September 07, 2015, 08:59:08 AM
Looking forward to hearing about it but very scared at the same time. I can imagine some bad things happening if the people are not prepared properly if you can prepare for it. they'll be alone and very homesick
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
September 07, 2015, 05:16:44 AM
In just a span of 400 + years, here we are now, having the modern tech laid before us.

You just need to look at the past 50+ years!  Look how far we've come since 1960!

It's said the human race learns more each year than all the years previous put together.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
September 07, 2015, 01:57:56 AM

Not could - would.

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR
September 07, 2015, 01:11:03 AM

Read the article again,, those guys posed as mars one, they werent the real organizers...
Vod
legendary
Vod
legendary
September 07, 2015, 01:01:06 AM

Not could - would.

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
September 07, 2015, 12:58:10 AM

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
September 07, 2015, 12:42:52 AM
There's no certainty of going to Mars any time, not even in those 250 years. For example, we could have nuclear bomb next year and we could guess the humanity would never return to the state of being able to travel into extraterrestial.
legendary
September 06, 2015, 08:48:39 PM
I think that the current plan is to generate the electricity from solar energy, using panels. Operating a nuclear power plant in Mars will be next to impossible, as doing so will require huge quantities of coolants and other substances, which are not readily available on the planet.

I would think the vacuum of space (or a low density atmosphere) would be the ultimate coolant.

Heat transfer occurs by way of conduction, convection, or radiation.  In the absence of much gas, convection isn't possible, and it is the most efficient way to move heat.  As an example, spacecraft have trouble getting rid of heat.  The Apollo lunar rovers IIRC used paraffin blocks to absorb heat in a phase change method.   Difficult problem, getting rid of heat.

Yes, I thought about this last night as I was falling asleep and you are correct.  You would need close to absolute zero and be in a thick gas - which tend to contradict each other.

Regardless, I am certain we are going to Mars.   It isn't really important whether it is in 25 years or 250 years.  Man has always found it to be a mysterious and intriguing place, and it must have a place in our future.

The Moon may be for our robots only, and Mars is certainly not Tahiti. 

But we'll be there.
Vod
legendary
September 06, 2015, 08:40:16 PM
I think that the current plan is to generate the electricity from solar energy, using panels. Operating a nuclear power plant in Mars will be next to impossible, as doing so will require huge quantities of coolants and other substances, which are not readily available on the planet.

I would think the vacuum of space (or a low density atmosphere) would be the ultimate coolant.

Heat transfer occurs by way of conduction, convection, or radiation.  In the absence of much gas, convection isn't possible, and it is the most efficient way to move heat.  As an example, spacecraft have trouble getting rid of heat.  The Apollo lunar rovers IIRC used paraffin blocks to absorb heat in a phase change method.   Difficult problem, getting rid of heat.

Yes, I thought about this last night as I was falling asleep and you are correct.  You would need close to absolute zero and be in a thick gas - which tend to contradict each other.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
September 06, 2015, 03:24:28 PM
there will be too many wars in the near future, no money for any mars missions
legendary
September 06, 2015, 08:15:59 AM

Small reactors certainly could be taken to Mars.  Solar panels would be a weak source of power, suitable for small rovers but not humans.  A rover can time it's activities to match the sun, humans need life support, and power for it, around the clock.

Landis's paper is the authoritative reference.  NASA/TM-2004-213367, "Mars Solar Power."
Activity: 854
Merit: 1007
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
Vod
legendary
September 06, 2015, 01:41:13 AM

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
September 06, 2015, 01:33:41 AM
When and if these guys state they intend to land a nuclear reactor on Mars for power for their teams, then I'd take them seriously.  Because otherwise they'll have difficulty showing where the power will come from to keep everyone at a livable temperature, and to do the needed chemical extractions such as for 02.

legendary
September 05, 2015, 10:56:20 PM
We need to get 20.95% (O2) at last to live.

We don't need anywhere near that amount of O2 in the atmosphere to breath.  In fact, there is a substantial amount of oxygen in the air we breathe out.
True.  But you need pressurization say to 1/2 Earth atmosphere.  That has to be a mix of gases - some O2, some CO2, Water vapor, and an inert gas filler, such as nitrogen or helium.  Basically that has to be created, and maintained.
Pages:
Jump to: