Pages:
Author

Topic: Master-P SCAMMER. I lost complete faith in this forum now. - page 21. (Read 80701 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
I've been watching this car crash develop with morbid interest (and popcorn).
I know Caveat Emptor and blahblah is the watchword of this forum, but it would be nice if Theymos and his inner circle would realize the threat to the basic credibility of the system by which BCT trading operates and swing into action in any way that they can, and share with us all some basic facts about the various master-p accounts from their analysis and data.

Like it or not, the ad hoc escrow system here is broken, despite the protestations of OgNasty and others who, although well intentioned, are defending the indefensible. There is no way, with account and key sales common and 'acceptable', that a long con escrow scam can ever be discounted.
What to replace it with?

Something along these lines deserves further thought

Is there any kind of service offering automated 2-of-3 multisig? That seems like the obvious way forward here. The company wanting to pay for forum signatures creates a campaign on the site, the forum users each sign up for that campaign. Everyone provides an address. The site makes a 2-of-3 address for each campaign participant, holds funds in escrow, but can't steal them.

Localbitcoins ?
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
@GSpgh
Thanks for the link i can see his replies from that on page 17 onward.

One thing that i wonder is he said he was using Armory (i never tried that before)
So how did his private keys get compromised again ?

He also claims to have access to remote connect to his PC from out of town but he has shut it off already.
What The fuck ?
Why does he have a remote software program on his escrow PC in the first place ?
And what one ? ..name etc ?
That seems odd.

And he said he used his phone so this program would have to be a mobile phone + local PC app.
So what mobile phone app did he pre-install on his phone+PC before he left town ?
There is no remote app's that can be installed on your home PC remotely.
He would have had to of set that up before leaving town.
SO what mobile app does he claim to have used ?

And why would he go to the trouble of setting up a remote connection with his phone ahead of time
then not even use it for two weeks while out of town ?
He would have know when he left he had people waiting with deals etc
Or was his plan to simply make everyone wait as he disappeared for 2 weeks ?

Can he prove he has left town ?

NOTE: I noticed his password was changed on Dec. 17th on the seclog.php
Also that it says "Changed" ..not reset via email.
Code:
December 17, 2015, 06:55:10 AM - master-P - password changed

I wonder about his IP address activity here too.
Did he normally use a VPN or Proxy etc ?
If not then i am guessing theymos may have the ability to see a different IP for the logins.. maybe proving his case.

His replies raise a lot of questions.

I also wonder has he gone back home to access his PC locally yet ?
If so what keylogger did he find and how did he detect it ?

EDIT:
I have no doubt those Bitcoins would have been moved ASAP !
The fact he said he was hacked and they were not moved is fishy.
If i had hacked the guy.. i would have tried to get a trail obfuscated going to cover where they went.
Activity: 532
Merit: 302
So what is "THE" story he actually stated ? ..He was hacked ?

Let me guess his Hero account here used for escrow services had password 12345 ?
Hmm i wonder ?

I need to do some digging LOL

oh and -8179: -13 / +13 hahahahhaha

master-scammer's story: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13386925

basically he says someone from bitcointalk ("fuck this community" LOL) sent him a trojan, keylogged his passwords, used his bitcointalk account, his steam account, accessed his wallets etc.

the holes in his story are huge:

he didn't report the hack for two weeks
he paid out sig campaign payouts after the "hack" and after he went out of town without internet
he claims to have had no internet but was playing on steam
the "hacker" didn't move the coins for two weeks

there is probably more, those are just off the top of my head
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
ROLF'eeeezzz
Can't proper quote it's locked..
Hmm Horus gone and wanted to sell his chat mod job ? hmmmm ?

Re: [WTS] chat moderator account

Re: [WTS] chat moderator account
July 07, 2015, 02:40:53 AM

Quote from: master-P on July 05, 2015, 02:53:30 AM
Interested, please PM me more details if possible: the website and the income amount

Quote from: izanami on July 05, 2015, 03:21:18 AM
because you are escrow maybe I'll allow you to try to use that account
but remember if there is something strange on the account
I will give you negative trust Tongue okay ?

Quote from: monbux on July 05, 2015, 08:18:31 AM
Threatening with your negative trust already?  Roll Eyes lol
I'm interested in purchasing the account, as long as you can get the admin to confirm and allow the sale.
PM me with more info please.

Quote from: meadefreling on July 07, 2015, 02:40:53 AM
My interest for this account increase each time I see this your thread but have you posted to master-P to cross examine the account? Most of us here trust his judgement, I could buy it if certified safe.
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
The ONLY other post in the thread was two days later with P declaring that he sold his Steam account, then locked the thread. I'd say that he was already positioning his exit strategy excuse beforehand knowing full well that he was going to steal the money in escrow around Christmas time, thus fucking everybody else's Christmas but his own.

'twas the h4x0r who posted that sale (according to master-scammer's timeline)

funny though how the hacker shares the same attitude towards signature campaigns

hacker:

Yeah, I've always been a dick to blatant signature spammers who post without anything valuable to add to the conversation.

And they're both in Toronto, have the same Steam account, and buy and sell domains and silver, and both have sold power supplies.
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
So what is "THE" story he actually stated ? ..He was hacked ?

Let me guess his Hero account here used for escrow services had password 12345 ?
Hmm i wonder ?

I need to do some digging LOL

oh and -8179: -13 / +13 hahahahhaha

EDIT:
hmm he seems to know all about doing Bank deposits with using LBC in CANADA.
So far i am seeing he is Canadian..

EDIT2:
I see Gleb is already ahead of me LOL
50 pages and still no dox?!?!
Is this dox ever going to fucking happen?

I noticed, true or not, that the payout increased by ~ .4btc... so I'm wondering if this will turn into a ping pong tournament...

i don't think it increased, master-scammer made two random payouts and promised to pay 0.4 BTC per week going forward

basically a no collateral no interest loan, pay as much as you want whenever you want - ain't bitcointalk great LOL
legendary
Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005

I noticed, true or not, that the payout increased by ~ .4btc... so I'm wondering if this will turn into a ping pong tournament...
Activity: 278
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
I think the account was bought a few times latest was in August 2015 if I understand correctly.

I dont really know exact dates, I'm not sure anyone does.

It was last purchased in September 2014.

How could you possibly know that no sale of that account happened after September 2014?

Please don't present your guesses as facts. If you have evidence that a single person was in uninterrupted control of the account from September 2014 until December 2015 please present it. If you don't, please don't pretend that you do.
The ONLY other post in the thread was two days later with P declaring that he sold his Steam account, then locked the thread. I'd say that he was already positioning his exit strategy excuse beforehand knowing full well that he was going to steal the money in escrow around Christmas time, thus fucking everybody else's Christmas but his own.

'twas the h4x0r who posted that sale (according to master-scammer's timeline)

funny though how the hacker shares the same attitude towards signature campaigns

hacker:

Yeah, I've always been a dick to blatant signature spammers who post without anything valuable to add to the conversation.
vip
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13281794

I'm looking to sell one of my primary steam accounts.

Some statistics about the account:

7+ Years old account
Steam level 50+
700+ games owned
8,000+ Market Transactions
500+ Trades Completed
1000+ Hours on CS:GO
3000+ Hours total playtime

Inventory is mostly empty, but I am selling the account with the huge games library and the high steam level + reputation that follows it.

The account has 100% clean rep, has community market enabled, and has a decent amount of "cash rep" from trading keys and skins for money. Great for if you want to get into CS:GO/steam market trading.

I am the original owner and creator of this steam account.

For safety reasons I won't be revealing the identity of the account publicly but will be happy to PM the profile link to anyone who is interested.

I am asking for 1.5 BTC

PM me for any additional details or questions you may have.

Self moderated to prevent sig spammers. Signature spammers will have their posts reported and deleted accordingly.

I did a few transactions with master-p in the past.

Most recently I purchased some GPUs from him in January 2015. That's after the account was bought, right?

master-scammer's official version is that the account was purchased in sept 2014 and remained in his control until mid december 2015 when it was hacked

if you have his name and address you should probably consider making it available to the victims if not publicly
vip

Curious, as to who the fuck is having the mods delete my posts from thread.

I'm gonna ask again, what are my posts relevant to this investigation are being deleted, now with asking once before via a post being deleted as well?

I'm pretty sure that I'm the only monumental asshole that took the time to read every one of master-P's posts, several more than once - AND STILL READING THEM!

Delete this fuckin' post, and I'll throw a quart of eggnog across the room. HAHAHA
vip

Most recently I purchased some GPUs from him in January 2015. That's after the account was bought, right?

He never sold nor transferred that account. It was just a fuckin' lie. I look forward to any info you may have as to what is his name, address, etc. The fucker isn't a minor, thus I have no qualms with doxxing the son of a bitch.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
... police station ... All steps 100% moral and kosher ...

Not conflicted even a little teensy bit about running to Nanny State and her Jackbooted Thugs?
Activity: 209
Merit: 101
FUTURE OF CRYPTO IS HERE!
I am sorry. I got tired and have not read pages 20-50. I am sorry if I am not up to everything in my understanding that
the problem currently of not having any info where master-p lives makes it impossible to start any legal action against him.
But even in the case if he is a minor there is a clean and morally 100% acceptable way to get forward and out of this situation.

1) TECSHARE posts publicly which police station is closest to the place where master-p lives
2) TECSHARE phones that police station and tells them the master-p doxx info.
3) All the parties that have been scammed out money also phone that police station and file a claim
4) the police start their work investigating the fraud and the wheels of justice begin their grinding
5) the scammed people might get their moneys back because the added pressure of police knocking on the door might make the whatever technical problems master-p is having mysteriously disappear.

All steps 100% moral and kosher even if master-p is a minor or one-legged dwarf or whatever.
copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348

I think the account was bought a few times latest was in August 2015 if I understand correctly.

It was last purchased in September 2014. Master-p claimed it was sold in August 2015 in order to attempt to avoid his personal information from being released, however this claim was debunked
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

This thread is one good reason bitcointalk account sales should be banned on here right now with immediate effect.
Activity: 562
Merit: 506
We're going to need a bigger heatsink.

Pages:
Jump to: