Pages:
Author

Topic: Master-P SCAMMER. I lost complete faith in this forum now. - page 40. (Read 80701 times)

copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348
When I try to send coins from my Armory wallet, it asks for a passphrase. I enter the passphrase, and it doesn't work.

--snip--

Because Armory requires me to enter this password each time I want to send funds out or to sign a message with an address. If there's another way for me to send the funds out without my previous known passwords then let me know.
Maybe you should do the same thing you did here:
I am back home. I was able to access my personal wallet which contains addresses I've used for transacting here on Bitcointalk. The address I used below is one where I sold a 2500k processor to "ChanceCoats123" here on Bitcointalk. The transaction is escrowed by OgNasty. He may verify this if he wishes to. This took place in June 2015.

Clearsign signature below:

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Comment: Signed by Bitcoin Armory v0.93.2

This is master-P signing this message using the address: 18ovXpWyu5kpmT6Lzp49PKDCtZNQoPhmGQ

This is an address used back in June 2015 for a transaction that involved OGNasty as the escrow.

I did not sell my account. My account was hacked and any other claims stating otherwise are false.

The hacker does not have control of the wallet that contains this address as far as I can tell.
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----

HA6B5WVR9KtB8r7vda22BX0hm3H3vMlu8xmVKMd3N7P4rmJN60ker8b1B7mRJkhI
uTBIewBmlGKUqe2q65jtiBc=
=7z+2
-----END BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
you have an idea of what it is/should be

How? It's the hax0rz who set the password allegedly.
copper member
I have the wallet files backed up and restored but my password isn't working thus I'm unable to send any funds out. The hacker likely didn't move the funds because he already knows he has full control over them and can move them anytime they want.
I'm sorry master-P but that is not how encryption of files work.

This statement is more or less confirmation that you do not intend on repaying any of your victims, at least that is my opinion. From what it appears to me, that you are simply trying to delay having your personal information released, potentially so you can either cover up evidence or you are hoping that those who possess your personal information either loose it or change their mind about releasingit

Yeah something doesn't add up but I don't know well how Armory works so I'll wait for someone to pick this apart. I can't believe a hacker just changed the password (meaning re-encrypted?) and left the funds untouched.
Well here is the thing, when you have an HD wallet (eg an armory or electrum wallet), all you need to access every single private key contained in the wallet is the seed, and an electrum/armory wallet is really nothing more then an encrypted copy of the seed (along with some additional data, such as labels, ect). Both armory and electrum will only allow you to use a single password to decrypt the wallet, so if you wanted to say sign a transaction from any private key contained in the wallet then you would need to enter the password. The same just so happens to apply to signing a message from an address contained in a wallet. If you look here then you will see that master-P signed a message from one of the addresses contained in his (supposedly armory) wallet. If you were to assume that the address from that signed message is in the same wallet as his escrow/tipping address wallet then he would have access to every single address contained in his escrow wallet.

Also master-P claimed to have restored his wallet from a backup:
I have the wallet files backed up and restored
When you save a file and encrypt it with a password, then anytime you wish to open/decrypt that file you will need to enter that password. If you were to make a copy of that file, decrypt it then encrypt it with a second/new password, then you will not be able to use your old/first password to decrypt the second file. However in doing this you will not have made any changes to the first file, therefore if you attempt to decrypt the first file with the new password, it will not decrypt and you will still be able to decrypt the first file with the old password. Therefore if someone were to change the password to master-p's wallet file, then any backups would not be affected.

Another hole in his story is that the hacker was having people send btc to addresses that are contained in master-p's escrow wallet......although this would be beyond stupid for a hacker who is trying to steal btc to do, I guess I will give master-p the benefit of the doubt on this one since it cannot technically be disproven.

Lastly, if there is a paper backup of the seed then funds would be able to be moved with no password necessary.

edit: I am fairly certain that there are more holes in your story, however I am feeling lazy right now, and my above argument is strong enough (IMO) to confirm you are lying
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Please stop entertaining the trolls and the sig spammers guys.

I'm verified here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13398178

I also sent verification of my identity to Blazed via PM. He can confirm it here if he wishes.

My wallet on my secondary PC is almost done syncing. After that I'm going to try and extract and restore the wallets safely on a secured machine and see if I can access the coins. If I can then great, I can return everyone's money. Even the ones that were already in escrow prior to the hack, since after this whole debacle I don't intend on continuing my service for those anymore.

If I can't access the funds anymore then I will work on getting people paid back over time. I definitely don't have enough liquidity to be able to pay back everyone's coins all at once but you have my word I will definitely work my ass off to get everyone their money back.

You never replied with what I asked you.
staff
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6793
Just writing some code
I have the wallet files backed up and restored but my password isn't working thus I'm unable to send any funds out. The hacker likely didn't move the funds because he already knows he has full control over them and can move them anytime they want.

This statement is more or less confirmation that you do not intend on repaying any of your victims, at least that is my opinion. From what it appears to me, that you are simply trying to delay having your personal information released, potentially so you can either cover up evidence or you are hoping that those who possess your personal information either loose it or change their mind about releasingit

When I try to send coins from my Armory wallet, it asks for a passphrase. I enter the passphrase, and it doesn't work. What does that mean then? I have the wallet files that Armory prompts me to create upon the creation of each wallet. Is there a way for me to regain control or change the passphrase with these back ups? Because Armory requires me to enter this password each time I want to send funds out or to sign a message with an address. If there's another way for me to send the funds out without my previous known passwords then let me know.
What is the error? Can you post a screenshot? Are you sure that you are typing it in correctly? You don't have Caps Lock on or anything like that?

You could try to brute force the password since you have an idea of what it is/should be and maybe it will come up with the right password for the funds. You can try walletrecoverservices.com for help with that.
legendary

Yeah something doesn't add up but I don't know well how Armory works so I'll wait for someone to pick this apart. I can't believe a hacker just changed the password (meaning re-encrypted?) and left the funds untouched.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
so do you have the btc to actually repay? that is quite generous of you considering how many other have scammed directly or indirectly, so i admire you for that at least.

Edit just curious, not being nosy asshole, sorry. I feel bad for you actually especially if that is really you and being sincere.

I don't have enough to pay everyone back right off the bat. It's going to take a few months being my most optimistic guess. I do have sources of income so it's not going to be a problem, it's just going to take time because I do have to work. I'm not going to take out any loans for this, even though I'm sure some of you would advise me to just to be able to pay everyone back right away. But no, I'm not going to take out a $15k+ loan for this. I will make sure people get their funds back over time when funds become available.

In a few days I'll be able to purchase some BTC from Circle.com and then from there I'll start paying people back. I don't have any significant amounts of BTC lying around right now. Whatever I had left that was mine was in my tipping address which has also been stolen now.

I'll make a repayment thread soon and start contacting individuals listed in KingZee's thread.

If anyone still feels the need to dox me because I couldn't recover the funds in the wallet then go ahead if you really do believe this is entirely my fault.

When I try to send coins from my Armory wallet, it asks for a passphrase. I enter the passphrase, and it doesn't work. What does that mean then? I have the wallet files that Armory prompts me to create upon the creation of each wallet. Is there a way for me to regain control or change the passphrase with these back ups? Because Armory requires me to enter this password each time I want to send funds out or to sign a message with an address. If there's another way for me to send the funds out without my previous known passwords then let me know.
legendary

Do you have an old backup with a known password? You mentioned you moved to a new hard drive recently, how about the old hard drive?

And by the way hacker taking control and not moving the coins doesn't make any sense at all. The hacker can't possibly be 100% sure that you don't have a copy of the private key.

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125

In this case I will have no choice but to repay everyone using my own funds. Unfortunately I don't possess the liquidity to be able to repay everyone all at once, but rest assured I will work to pay this off. I apologize again for this. It was my own negligence for not keeping better back ups.

You can start by repaying a small amount of what's lost to the victim first. We need atleast some proof that you are being honest with your words and not just some trash talk that "Im working to repay everyone" . We have heard this before and even maidak said the same thing
legendary
Activity: 2087
Merit: 1015
so do you have the btc to actually repay? that is quite generous of you considering how many other have scammed directly or indirectly, so i admire you for that at least.

Edit just curious, not being nosy asshole, sorry. I feel bad for you actually especially if that is really you and being sincere.

No he doesn't have that much right now, which you would know if you had actually read the post.

In this case I will have no choice but to repay everyone using my own funds. Unfortunately I don't possess the liquidity to be able to repay everyone all at once, but rest assured I will work to pay this off. I apologize again for this. It was my own negligence for not keeping better back ups.

copper member

Activity: 42
Sorry for disappointing everyone, I too had my hopes up.

No need to apologize, couldn't have ended any other way.
More soothsaying:
-No meaningful payback. Ever.
-No dox dump
-Possible navy seal copypasta-grade threats from web warriors
-Everyone forgets & and starts playing with ball of twine

Enjoy your coin Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959

Alright so bad news is it seems like the hacker does indeed have control of the escrow wallet. I can't decrypt it anymore using the password I previously had so it has been changed. I won't be able to return the coins sent to the escrow addresses. I also noticed a lot of the addresses sent to the hacker are not addresses from my escrow wallet except for a few.

My tipping address was also within the same wallet so any funds in that address has also been taken: https://blockchain.info/address/14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5

This address contains about 2.1 of my own BTC from fees/tips I've gathered from escrowing this past year. The rest seems to be sent to them by other people, as instructed by whoever gained access to my bitcointalk account.

I will be creating a repayment thread in the reputation section and it will be self-modded to prevent the trolls from trying to mess things up any further.

I'll be contacting individuals who have had their funds taken away from them, will ask for verification and then will proceed to paying each person one by one when funds become available.

At this point I am sure a lot of people won't even believe me. If that's the case then go right ahead and dox me, either way it won't matter to me.

Thanks to Kingzee for creating this thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/master-ps-scammed-funds-summary-post-your-case-here-if-you-were-scammed-1307926

I'll be using that thread to cross-reference the addresses I can see in the wallet and make payments accordingly. I'll also be asking for repayment addresses just so I don't end up sending it to the wrong people or people trying to claim the payments that don't belong to them. Too many god damn trolls here, consider this my last reply to this particular thread.

Are you absolutely sure that you don't have any backup of the wallet somewhere so you can recover it? You are sure that you don't have paper backups, backups on external drives, backups on flashdrives, etc.?

If you don't have access to the wallet but the hacker does, then why aren't the funds gone yet?

Also, would you be willing to send a trusted member a copy of your wallet (it is encrypted so nothing can be stolen really) so that they can verify that the addresses the supposed hacker used are not actually in your wallet?

Lastly, if you solicit donations for repayment, can you use a multisig escrow with multiple trusted escrows on the forum (they can't be all bad or colluding right?) That would ensure that the victims can get their funds back and that you aren't scamming the donors.

And no, I won't be needing to ask for donations. Not like anyone would want to donate directly to me anyway after all of this. It is my own fuck up for getting keylogged or whatever it was, I don't expect or want anyone to step in for me. I'll be able to repay everyone on my own.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017
Damn man! That fucking hacker totally fucked u up. Stole all your generated income and also leaves you with a debt to people thta u might never can repay because it is quite alot. In this case u just hoped bitcoin was regulated by any goverment and that u could step to the police or something than pay out of your own pocket.

Anyways, it is cool that u make a repayment plan, and I hope the admin will get you your forum account back.
Good luck, I think we should help repaying, it is not all his fault.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
You might want to get a second job master-p. McDonalds I hear offers great career opportunities, including free health insurance and paid college tuition.
staff
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6793
Just writing some code
Alright so bad news is it seems like the hacker does indeed have control of the escrow wallet. I can't decrypt it anymore using the password I previously had so it has been changed. I won't be able to return the coins sent to the escrow addresses. I also noticed a lot of the addresses sent to the hacker are not addresses from my escrow wallet except for a few.

My tipping address was also within the same wallet so any funds in that address has also been taken: https://blockchain.info/address/14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5

This address contains about 2.1 of my own BTC from fees/tips I've gathered from escrowing this past year. The rest seems to be sent to them by other people, as instructed by whoever gained access to my bitcointalk account.

I will be creating a repayment thread in the reputation section and it will be self-modded to prevent the trolls from trying to mess things up any further.

I'll be contacting individuals who have had their funds taken away from them, will ask for verification and then will proceed to paying each person one by one when funds become available.

At this point I am sure a lot of people won't even believe me. If that's the case then go right ahead and dox me, either way it won't matter to me.

Thanks to Kingzee for creating this thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/master-ps-scammed-funds-summary-post-your-case-here-if-you-were-scammed-1307926

I'll be using that thread to cross-reference the addresses I can see in the wallet and make payments accordingly. I'll also be asking for repayment addresses just so I don't end up sending it to the wrong people or people trying to claim the payments that don't belong to them. Too many god damn trolls here, consider this my last reply to this particular thread.

Are you absolutely sure that you don't have any backup of the wallet somewhere so you can recover it? You are sure that you don't have paper backups, backups on external drives, backups on flashdrives, etc.?

If you don't have access to the wallet but the hacker does, then why aren't the funds gone yet?

Also, would you be willing to send a trusted member a copy of your wallet (it is encrypted so nothing can be stolen really) so that they can verify that the addresses the supposed hacker used are not actually in your wallet?

Lastly, if you solicit donations for repayment, can you use a multisig escrow with multiple trusted escrows on the forum (they can't be all bad or colluding right?) That would ensure that the victims can get their funds back and that you aren't scamming the donors.

legendary
Activity: 3682
Merit: 4469
Please lock this thread and have mater-p open a self moderated thread so we can get away from all the bullshit and get people their money back.
Scam accusation threads cannot be self moderated. Both the victims and the accused need to be able to present their side of the story/evidence in these types of threads.

Unfortunately it appears that a number of trolls are taking advantage of this in this thread and are posting complete bs

The repayment thread wouldn't be an accusation anymore since it'd be started by master-p, it could probably go under the Reputation section. I'm just getting tired of seeing endless trolls and stupid questions by sig spammers.

I agree id rather see a thread concentrating on those of us who are involved in getting their money back vs troll city from ppl who have no stake in the deal.
legendary
Activity: 2087
Merit: 1015
Please lock this thread and have mater-p open a self moderated thread so we can get away from all the bullshit and get people their money back.
Scam accusation threads cannot be self moderated. Both the victims and the accused need to be able to present their side of the story/evidence in these types of threads.

Unfortunately it appears that a number of trolls are taking advantage of this in this thread and are posting complete bs

The repayment thread wouldn't be an accusation anymore since it'd be started by master-p, it could probably go under the Reputation section. I'm just getting tired of seeing endless trolls and stupid questions by sig spammers.
Pages:
Jump to: