Pages:
Author

Topic: Mayweather Vs McGregor: Info and prediction thread - page 33. (Read 11759 times)

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
McGregor has to use his reach advantage to be successful and McGregor probably has the edge in power, but Mayweather power comes with how quick his hands are.

There are lots of Mayweather's opponent who have more power than him. That's why Mayweather always plays safe no matter what critics will throw to him for being a boring boxer. Defense is more his priority and will just attack when there is an opening. No way he will goes aggressive just to win.

He is aging now and no way he will just give up the record that's why rather than to think of others saying, as long as he can defend, he will find McGregor's hole first before launching an attack.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
What Conor can do is ridicule Floyd in the ring, hurt his pride and the boxing fans' pride. If that happens and Conor loses, he still makes it look like a win, not only for himself, but also for MMA. It will make boxing look like a boring and dying sport.
It is true that Conor does not need to win the fight to hurt the boxers pride,he just need to stand and box till the 12th round and if he losses he just lost to one of the greatest defensive boxers of all time,that is a big win for Conor,the boxing community is laughing at this match and no one is giving any chance to Conor and everyone predicts a boring fight,i will support Conor to punch him once so that Floyd ass touches the ground,i just want that to happen for all the so called experts mocking MMA striking. Smiley

Well if Mayweather doesn't win convincingly, he can claim he is 40 years old and has been out of any training for 2 years, so he can claim that so save face too... at the end of the day all that matters is if you win or not, we all can make excuses.

If Mayweather was 28 years old like Conor, Mayweather would destroy Conor because Mayweather was KO'ing a lot of guys back in the day, he was a complete boxer.

The fight is interesting because of the age difference, because that gives Conor some chance, but nonetheless Mayweather has always taken care of himself, never did any drugs and never gets drunk, so he will be in top shape once again and will probably school Conor.
Activity: 244
Merit: 250
McGregor has to use his reach advantage to be successful and McGregor probably has the edge in power, but Mayweather power comes with how quick his hands are.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
But I don't count McGregor out... Mayweather is obviously the better box tho.
I am not interested in this fight to know whether who the better boxer is,i am watching this fight to know whether McGregor could shock the entire world in this fight,i was not a fan of McGregor and lost a lot of bets and the one time i wagged a bet for McGregor is when he lost to Nate,i waited till the first round to place a bet and i saw him kicking Nate and placed a bet,so overall i made some huge losses with this single individual. Smiley I want to see whether he could knock Floyd out and create history,everyone in the world knows he wont outbox Floyd .

What Conor can do is ridicule Floyd in the ring, hurt his pride and the boxing fans' pride. If that happens and Conor loses, he still makes it look like a win, not only for himself, but also for MMA. It will make boxing look like a boring and dying sport.

Lol i'm actually looking forward to that. Mcgregor's as good at taunting as the best of them and he may be able to get to floyd's head and knock.him out. I don't think floyd's taking this as seriously as his previous major fights since boxing is his expertise and connor's an mma fighter. Though his antics may very well change the fight's complexion
Activity: 1694
Merit: 541
It is true that Conor does not need to win the fight to hurt the boxers pride,he just need to stand and box till the 12th round and if he losses he just lost to one of the greatest defensive boxers of all time,that is a big win for Conor,the boxing community is laughing at this match and no one is giving any chance to Conor and everyone predicts a boring fight,i will support Conor to punch him once so that Floyd ass touches the ground,i just want that to happen for all the so called experts mocking MMA striking. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
I am not interested in this fight to know whether who the better boxer is,i am watching this fight to know whether McGregor could shock the entire world in this fight,i was not a fan of McGregor and lost a lot of bets and the one time i wagged a bet for McGregor is when he lost to Nate,i waited till the first round to place a bet and i saw him kicking Nate and placed a bet,so overall i made some huge losses with this single individual. Smiley I want to see whether he could knock Floyd out and create history,everyone in the world knows he wont outbox Floyd .

copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1279
https://linktr.ee/crwthopia
Does anybody know a good BTC sports book that offers props for this dog and pony show?  I'd like to make a few bets on McGregor to win and KO Mayweather for the lulz.  Someone mentioned Cloudbet, are there any other suggestions?

I don't know any sites, I was looking forward to gamble and bet on the fight happening but never found a place to do it at least with bitcoin.

As far as betting for a McGregor KO... I guess it's good to drop some small amounts on there, but I wouldn't count on it. Mayweather knows McGregor will try to go Aldo style on him, he will keep distance for the first round and analyze him, then proceed to perform surgery. I think Mayweather may even risk it and go for a KO if he is outboxing him.

That's for sure because Mayweather is for boxing and that's what he knows and that's how he made money. McGregor is an MMA fighter that would be willing to fight Mayweather in a boxing match. Maybe Floyd can adjust as well for Conor next time.
legendary
Does anybody know a good BTC sports book that offers props for this dog and pony show?  I'd like to make a few bets on McGregor to win and KO Mayweather for the lulz.  Someone mentioned Cloudbet, are there any other suggestions?

I don't know any sites, I was looking forward to gamble and bet on the fight happening but never found a place to do it at least with bitcoin.

As far as betting for a McGregor KO... I guess it's good to drop some small amounts on there, but I wouldn't count on it. Mayweather knows McGregor will try to go Aldo style on him, he will keep distance for the first round and analyze him, then proceed to perform surgery. I think Mayweather may even risk it and go for a KO if he is outboxing him.

Activity: 756
Merit: 253
Mayweather will box technically, scoring points while avoiding trouble/too many big hits from McGregor and cruise to victory after twelve rounds. He doesn't have to land any punishing shots, just keep scoring points and stack winning rounds.

Much like what he does when he's scared of his opponents. Not fun to watch.

Yeah but I think it's sensible to adapt to maximize your strengths and minimize your weaknesses so that your opponents don't take advantage. I think maybe has been brilliant in this regard and he keeps showing his strengths as a hit and run boxer.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
There's some recent footage out of Mayweather in the gym:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWxMrqx6PQM

The sparring footage is leaked because he didn't want any of the sparring sessions to be recorded, so I think it's some papparazi that got that view and recorded a bit.

He's still bulking to 154 so he doesn't have clean abs, the footage is also after hours of training, noobs are saying he is out of shape. Come august 26 and he will be cut at 154 and will be as sharp as always.

Conor needs to go for the KO quick if he wants to have any chances of making it.

Yes, Mayweather is almost in top shape every one of his fight. No cutting of weights or re hydration. I also agree that he needs to rough out Floyd in early round and try to get into his mind to get that early KO. The boxing and MMA world would have exploded in the unthinkable happen, Connor KO Mayweather.
legendary
There's some recent footage out of Mayweather in the gym:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWxMrqx6PQM

The sparring footage is leaked because he didn't want any of the sparring sessions to be recorded, so I think it's some papparazi that got that view and recorded a bit.

He's still bulking to 154 so he doesn't have clean abs, the footage is also after hours of training, noobs are saying he is out of shape. Come august 26 and he will be cut at 154 and will be as sharp as always.

Conor needs to go for the KO quick if he wants to have any chances of making it.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Activity: 686
Merit: 253
@cjmoles. Just because Conor is not known for his ground game, it does not mean that he has not trained in Jiu Jitsu for years during his MMA career. There is also the kicking game. I do not think Floyd will last 1 round with Conor in the octagon. Floyd cannot dodge and weave leg kicks. He will not be able to stand up after 1 round of those.

That is only if McGregor can avoid the pounding.  McGregor does have a ground game, that's for sure, but he is not known for winning a lot of his fights by taking the game to the floor....Mayweather has hands and it don't take too many to end a fight quickly, right? I'd give the edge to McGregor in the octagon, but I'd take Mayweather for the money!

In the octagon it is Floyd who should avoid any pounding. The gloves are smaller so there is no hiding behind them like what Floyd is doing in boxing. He cannot dodge leg kicks, he also cannot dodge elbows and knees during clinches. Every weakness Floyd has will be exposed in the octagon.

I would also way Amanda Nunes can beat Floyd in the octagon.
This is what im thinking too which Floyds weaknesses would really come out and im excited on how he would handle such flaws on him. They do have different fields and i cant think off on this fight would be possible and now it do really happen and its being set already.

Well these are all speculations and I guess time will tell if indeed Floyd will be the weakest in the octagon or not. I know Connor is a good fighter but same or even better is Floyd junior and I doubt if Floyd would want to taint his impressive record at this stage in his career.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127
@cjmoles. Just because Conor is not known for his ground game, it does not mean that he has not trained in Jiu Jitsu for years during his MMA career. There is also the kicking game. I do not think Floyd will last 1 round with Conor in the octagon. Floyd cannot dodge and weave leg kicks. He will not be able to stand up after 1 round of those.

That is only if McGregor can avoid the pounding.  McGregor does have a ground game, that's for sure, but he is not known for winning a lot of his fights by taking the game to the floor....Mayweather has hands and it don't take too many to end a fight quickly, right? I'd give the edge to McGregor in the octagon, but I'd take Mayweather for the money!

In the octagon it is Floyd who should avoid any pounding. The gloves are smaller so there is no hiding behind them like what Floyd is doing in boxing. He cannot dodge leg kicks, he also cannot dodge elbows and knees during clinches. Every weakness Floyd has will be exposed in the octagon.

I would also way Amanda Nunes can beat Floyd in the octagon.
This is what im thinking too which Floyds weaknesses would really come out and im excited on how he would handle such flaws on him. They do have different fields and i cant think off on this fight would be possible and now it do really happen and its being set already.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460

That is only if McGregor can avoid the pounding.  McGregor does have a ground game, that's for sure, but he is not known for winning a lot of his fights by taking the game to the floor....Mayweather has hands and it don't take too many to end a fight quickly, right? I'd give the edge to McGregor in the octagon, but I'd take Mayweather for the money!

I would also say Amanda Nunes can beat Floyd in the octagon.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse
Mayweather will box technically, scoring points while avoiding trouble/too many big hits from McGregor and cruise to victory after twelve rounds. He doesn't have to land any punishing shots, just keep scoring points and stack winning rounds.

Much like what he does when he's scared of his opponents. Not fun to watch.
McGregor does have a ground game, that's for sure, but he is not known for winning a lot of his fights by taking the game to the floor
I have seen quite a lot of fights in my life and when it comes to McGregor the only ground game i have seen from him are when he gets chocked out  Grin ,he has a good take down defense and that does not mean ground game. Smiley All of his career loses are on the ground. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017

Yup, that'd be the easy way; it would make McGregor look like a fool....but I get the feeling that Mayweather may want to prove a point in a convincing manner....McGregor doesn't stand a chance in the ring and I think Mayweather might want to add some emphasis to that point,  especially if he thinks he'll have to honer a rematch on McGregor's playground.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
Pages:
Jump to: