Pages:
Author

Topic: Mayweather Vs McGregor: Info and prediction thread - page 34. (Read 11759 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
@cjmoles. Just because Conor is not known for his ground game, it does not mean that he has not trained in Jiu Jitsu for years during his MMA career. There is also the kicking game. I do not think Floyd will last 1 round with Conor in the octagon. Floyd cannot dodge and weave leg kicks. He will not be able to stand up after 1 round of those.

I believe Mayweather will have pretty good chance of beating McGregor in the octagon, he can't be throwing his legs in the entirety of the game and Mayweather is definitely not gonna be dodging all the time even though he is very good defensively,  he is very good when he attacks as well, lots of his game ended in KO.
Activity: 602
Merit: 265
Mac has achieved the impossible - making the offensive, unlikable Mayweather actually seem like an ok guy (compared with Mac that is).
Big pay day for Mac. He may be devastating in the octagon but the wife beater will stop him in a boxing contest.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
My take is that Mayweather will dance around McGregor, jabbing and keeping him off-balance. Sure, FM could K.O him when he wishes but he'll let the rounds pass as McGregor makes a fool of himself with wild haymakers that miss by a mile. It's in FM's interest to let the 'fight' last long enough to create the opportunity of a rematch and a load more easy money to be had. As has been said, boxing is the loser.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
Nope...not even close....Mayweather is going to destroy McGregor in the boxing ring....McGregor might have a chance in the cage, but I think Mayweather could take him there too if he trained for it....McGregor and Mayweather are in different leagues when it comes to boxing....Mayweather, easy call. 

I'm not that enthused with the boxing match, but I would love to see them in the octagon!

I'm not certain if that is true. People say Floyd is boxing's GOAT but the level of boxing has significantly deteriorated over the last few decades. Boxers seem to have lost a lot of their athleticism. Even if Conor loses to Mayweather, I think Conor could beat Canelo, GGG and a lot of other big name boxers out there.

MMA fighters have the athleticism which boxers seem to have lost.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
@cjmoles. Just because Conor is not known for his ground game, it does not mean that he has not trained in Jiu Jitsu for years during his MMA career. There is also the kicking game. I do not think Floyd will last 1 round with Conor in the octagon. Floyd cannot dodge and weave leg kicks. He will not be able to stand up after 1 round of those.

That is only if McGregor can avoid the pounding.  McGregor does have a ground game, that's for sure, but he is not known for winning a lot of his fights by taking the game to the floor....Mayweather has hands and it don't take too many to end a fight quickly, right? I'd give the edge to McGregor in the octagon, but I'd take Mayweather for the money!
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
legendary
I tend to think MMA has evolved to a point where olympic gold medalist wrestlers like Henry Cejudo are no longer guaranteed to win the belt.

If MMA fighters like Demetrious Johnson can beat olympic wrestlers, then maybe Conor McGregor has a chance of defeating a boxing champion like Floyd Mayweather?

Nope...not even close....Mayweather is going to destroy McGregor in the boxing ring....McGregor might have a chance in the cage, but I think Mayweather could take him there too if he trained for it....McGregor and Mayweather are in different leagues when it comes to boxing....Mayweather, easy call. 

I'm not that enthused with the boxing match, but I would love to see them in the octagon!

In this match, you're right connor doesn't have a chanve against a supremely techinical boxer like mcgregor. But i would have to disagree with your other statement. He octagon would be an entirely different world for floyd and he probably would get eaten alive there. The boxing rules that floyd uses so efficiently won't be available for him and he's gonna get tackled grounded and pounded i think at will be mcgregor even if he trained for it.

I would agree IF McGregor was known for his ground game....but he's not....he's known for his stand-up game.  Plus, McGregor is known for only having a couple good rounds in him....Mayweather runs deep <----different skill sets there.  I think that a fight in the octagon would be a much better fight.  Mayweather will destroy McGregor in the ring, but McGregor may have an edge in the octagon....I'd take Mayweather for the easy win in the ring....AND I'd take Mayweather for the odds return in the octagon.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 256
I tend to think MMA has evolved to a point where olympic gold medalist wrestlers like Henry Cejudo are no longer guaranteed to win the belt.

If MMA fighters like Demetrious Johnson can beat olympic wrestlers, then maybe Conor McGregor has a chance of defeating a boxing champion like Floyd Mayweather?

I think your theory is wrong. Maybe if they fight in the cage, but in the boxing ring, Connor has no chance of beating Mayweather. And advantage to me point to Floyd that is why I don't see him losing eventhough Connor is a great MMA fighter. They will be fighting at Mayweather's turf, so to speak.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

In this match, you're right connor doesn't have a chanve against a supremely techinical boxer like mcgregor. But i would have to disagree with your other statement. He octagon would be an entirely different world for floyd and he probably would get eaten alive there. The boxing rules that floyd uses so efficiently won't be available for him and he's gonna get tackled grounded and pounded i think at will be mcgregor even if he trained for it.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256
McGregor could target Floyd's mid section as plan B, if Floyd's head is too hard to hit. Floyd's defense to protect his head is very good. Not sure how good Floyd is at defending body shots. The body is usually easier to hit, it doesn't move as much as the head. Hitting the body makes the head easier to hit, also.

Many MMA fighters have talked about boxing. I wonder why none of the big MMA names have ever done it before now.

I think Mayweather has a good body defense as well. His "philly defense" also covered body shots as well. And I think Mayweather body is pretty solid as well, although we haven't seen him before really hit solid in his body. I only speculate because I'm seen his training and his body and sit ups are really brutal.

Here's is Berto talking what's it like fight Mayweather: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQjvXRcnPvw
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
@pereira4. If Conor breaks Floyd's legacy enough to make him look like a fool then we might see another fight between the 2. There is also the possibility of Conor having luck on his side and knocking out Floyd.

Conor is not doing this for only 1 fight. He wants to make as much money as he can out of Floyd.

All Mayweather cares about is getting is paycheck and getting another win, I think as long as he wins that's it, he isn't going to bother with a rematch, because I doubt people will want to pay as much money as the first time, similar to the Pacquiao fight.

I don't even think a lot of people are taking this match that seriously. Connor is a great mma fighter and has proven it a lot of times in the octagon. But boxing is quite different. Yeah he may have trained for it and is a little familiar already since mma is mixed sport but the experience that mayweather has accumulated all his years in boxing will be in full show come this match. Everyone is expecting Floyd to win here.

There is no doubt that Mayweather is going to win this match and am sure its going to be a KO as well, McGregor will not be able to beat the best defensive boxer in the world. I will bet on Mayweather and am gonna bet very heavily as well.
Activity: 924
Merit: 502
I don't even think a lot of people are taking this match that seriously. Connor is a great mma fighter and has proven it a lot of times in the octagon. But boxing is quite different.
MMA has more defense and powerful moves than boxing.MMA fighters are quick when it comes to launching attacks.Still think Floyd has a chance ? Yes he does,because he will be paid to lose.

Yeah he may have trained for it and is a little familiar already since mma is mixed sport but the experience that mayweather has accumulated all his years in boxing will be in full show come this match. Everyone is expecting Floyd to win here.
That's because when he fought Manny last time,manny beat him but he won because Manny was paid to lose.

I get your point but you have to understand that there would be specific skill sets needed for both boxing and mma. Mcgregor may have mastered the skill sets needed for mma but Floyd is right there on top of boxing. And they are going to fight in a boxing match. The rules are different. There are far more restrictions in a boxing match that may hinder McGregor's skills so even if you consider connor to be more skilled than Floyd, it won't work that way since they are fighting Floyd's game.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115
Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!
I don't even think a lot of people are taking this match that seriously. Connor is a great mma fighter and has proven it a lot of times in the octagon. But boxing is quite different.
MMA has more defense and powerful moves than boxing.MMA fighters are quick when it comes to launching attacks.Still think Floyd has a chance ? Yes he does,because he will be paid to lose.

Yeah he may have trained for it and is a little familiar already since mma is mixed sport but the experience that mayweather has accumulated all his years in boxing will be in full show come this match. Everyone is expecting Floyd to win here.
That's because when he fought Manny last time,manny beat him but he won because Manny was paid to lose.
Activity: 924
Merit: 502
@pereira4. If Conor breaks Floyd's legacy enough to make him look like a fool then we might see another fight between the 2. There is also the possibility of Conor having luck on his side and knocking out Floyd.

Conor is not doing this for only 1 fight. He wants to make as much money as he can out of Floyd.

All Mayweather cares about is getting is paycheck and getting another win, I think as long as he wins that's it, he isn't going to bother with a rematch, because I doubt people will want to pay as much money as the first time, similar to the Pacquiao fight.

I don't even think a lot of people are taking this match that seriously. Connor is a great mma fighter and has proven it a lot of times in the octagon. But boxing is quite different. Yeah he may have trained for it and is a little familiar already since mma is mixed sport but the experience that mayweather has accumulated all his years in boxing will be in full show come this match. Everyone is expecting Floyd to win here.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

Well this is really possible as we know is all about money and if fixed maker also go beyond the scene better to make a good position while the game isn't started yet then play in the live games because odd will be change up for sure.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
Knowing Conor, he will try to make this fight versus Floyd a trilogy. Conor knows he cannot win, so what he will do is try to make this to be one of the most entertaining fight build ups in history. When the fight proper starts, he will do enough to make it entertaining and he will try to make the crowd ask for more.

That is my speculation of how it might happen.

Mayweather will never fight again after this I think. Why would he risk it two times? He just needs to win one more time to get the perfect 50-0 record and then retire for the rest of his life enjoying up to 1 billion dollars of networth that he has managed to achieve after all the years of wins and real state investments + merchandising and so on. He is set for life.
Pages:
Jump to: