Pages:
Author

Topic: McDonalds to accept Bitcoin by 2018 - page 18. (Read 8427 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
December 06, 2017, 01:58:28 AM
Apart from surfing the bitcoin wave I do not see any interest for a company to accept the BTC as a means of payment.

You know you have to wonder if the hysteria and the inflation and hyped up price + volatility will hamper it's adoption potential.

I think this Bitcoin at 10 grand stuff has officially sealed Bitcoin's coffin.
Because if BTC is not being used as intended then it has failed.

A currency that is worth 1 grand then 10 grand later is way too volatile to be used by merchants.
That currency stability is tantamount.

Then what is left ?
Hype and pseudo stock market bullshit.
Bitcoin treated as nothing but a commodity.

AKA: a big ass mutha fuckin' pyramid scheme like the old water filter days.
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
December 06, 2017, 01:53:02 AM
if it is true in 2018 McDonalds receive payments using bitcoin I will be very happy, because I am one of the buyers who really like the product. it can facilitate me also in the payment process. and that means McDonald supports the advancement of the world of cryptocurrency through the payment of bitcoins. hopefully it happens.
Activity: 164
Merit: 10
December 06, 2017, 01:26:17 AM
The reason why Bitcoin was made is to make transactions a lot faster and easier. But because of the rapid increase in Bitcoin’s price, I am making Bitcoin as a tool to make my money multiply just like what other people are doing. Bitcoin’s value may increase after I used it for payment. Therefore, I will not use it as a payment for any store’s goods or services.
Activity: 588
Merit: 128
December 05, 2017, 08:37:44 PM
Doubt if I would waste my bitcoin on shopping. Who in there right mind would spend bitcoin shopping; especially at McD’s?! This is just a way whale are stealing back BTC from unsophisticated holders. Thanks, but no thanks!!

Yeah I know your point and it's all up to us where we'll use our bitcoin but to think that this will be another milestone for bitcoin and surely the price will gets affect in a good way, aren't this a good news to us? Taking bitcoin to another level is a huge step and it will also gain more attention.
Activity: 373
Merit: 11
CryptoRex
December 05, 2017, 08:30:43 PM
Doubt if I would waste my bitcoin on shopping. Who in there right mind would spend bitcoin shopping; especially at McD’s?! This is just a way whale are stealing back BTC from unsophisticated holders. Thanks, but no thanks!!
Activity: 238
December 05, 2017, 08:02:03 PM
yeah  guys, i heard that McDonalds from Sweden few days ago inquired for a wallet in one platform. Its a real thing

So thats a real thing you say? If so this will be huge! This will bring BTC to a whole other level if McDonalds branches all over the world would accept Bitcoin. What do you think, would this be the case or only for some countries to test it out first?
Activity: 291
Merit: 101
https://icoenergy.org/
December 05, 2017, 07:02:22 PM
I think If this happens, it will be more comfortable for everybody, increasing the reach of bitcoin in business is a smart move,  It is also a good marketing strategy for mcdo to accept bitcoin, bitcoin price is continuously growing and is user are expanding! with that they can get more profit in just a single chicken feet!😂
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
December 05, 2017, 06:59:35 PM
yeah  guys, i heard that McDonalds from Sweden few days ago inquired for a wallet in one platform. Its a real thing
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
December 05, 2017, 06:57:22 PM
Does that even make sense with the current transaction times and fees? You are going to pay more for the fees than for your meal. Unless the fees go down drastically, it makes no sense to use bitcoin as a daily payment method.
Right now it does not make sense but that does not mean that is always going to be the case, things change and when the lightning network begins to function in the next year there are great chances we are going to be able to pay for our meals using bitcoin.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 295
GOD is TRUE
December 05, 2017, 06:19:35 PM
I can not imagine this going to happen because the Burger King version: whoppercoin still has to deal with the government in the county court. In my opinion, McDonald's will also experience the same thing because bitcoin has not really been used in public business. But this is still interesting because it appears one more large companies that support the crypto currency.
Activity: 294
Merit: 107
December 05, 2017, 06:08:02 PM
Doesn't seem like a very intuitive decision, given the transaction fees and the general nature of cryptocurrencies. I mean, currently and probably for a looong time bitcoin will be more of a gold alternative, or just a wealth measurer. You store your dosh in bitcoins, not pay with it for your groceries. It's as if I tried to go to my local Walmart and tried to pay for a brand new spanking TV with golden bars. But if bitcoin ever gets more suited to paying for smaller things like food and basic accessories, then this might be a good decision. Just, not right now.
Activity: 140
December 05, 2017, 05:58:06 PM
That is awesome, but unfortunately we must not believe in everything we read. I dont think that McDonalds will accept it so soon.

Maybe in 2020. My opinion.
Activity: 46
December 05, 2017, 05:57:48 PM
Does that even make sense with the current transaction times and fees? You are going to pay more for the fees than for your meal. Unless the fees go down drastically, it makes no sense to use bitcoin as a daily payment method.

Yes. Love the crypto concept but man the fees are too high.
Activity: 445
Merit: 111
December 05, 2017, 05:56:21 PM
With current transaction times and fees, this does not make sense. However, McDonald's is a huge corporation that can issue a centralized platform for payments in bitcoins(with low fees and transaction times), and thus enter the industry of crypto-currencies.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
December 05, 2017, 05:51:46 PM
it's not a freash news i think , a lot of merchants will accept bitcoin in the future

i don't forget that long time ago , a people using tons of bitcoin for buying a pizza , Cheesy

Activity: 31
December 05, 2017, 05:13:02 PM
That's good right? Imagine that we can buy some drinks and food from McDonalds with bitcoin, it makes everything easier. If you forget bring some cash or Credit card, you can pay your food with bitcoin. Many companies like KFC, Starbucks and etc will follow this if it is work efficiently.
Activity: 224
December 05, 2017, 04:48:13 PM
Like 20 years ago a man in states paid 2 pizza paid in bitcoin it worth millions of usd for that, be careful to worth mc chicken more than millons of usd in a year time
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
December 05, 2017, 04:20:53 PM
Apart from surfing the bitcoin wave I do not see any interest for a company to accept the BTC as a means of payment.
Activity: 29
December 05, 2017, 04:19:47 PM
Hi welcome to McDonalds, your meal is $4.00 but with fees your total comes out to $12.97!  Grin
Activity: 353
https://luxantdigitalbank.com/
December 05, 2017, 04:15:29 PM
So far i did not hear anything about Mac D accepting btc a their mode of payment.But i think that it will be a great loss for the investors to sell btc to buy some junk food from there as the charges will be high and I think it will be a foolish idea to buy mac food and pay btc instead its better to pay as real life cash.It s okay to buy food from there using btc if you are hoisting  some party in the mac D and there will be lot of guest and its normal for there to be lot of guest so its better to make payment as btc.
Pages:
Jump to: