Pages:
Author

Topic: McDonalds to accept Bitcoin by 2018 - page 19. (Read 8427 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
December 05, 2017, 04:15:11 PM
It's nice to know that MCdonalds have a plan for bitcoin.. but it's a big company if they have a plan for that.. they will advertise it on tv.. to make noise about bitcoin.. i think Bitcoin processing is best to use for Electric Bills, Water Bills but in the fast food? i dont think so.. there is no wifi on mcdo Cheesy

McDonald's doesn't have a plan for bitcoin.

This news is being reported with a lot of confusion and "fake news". It started with one McDonald's restaurant in Russia announcing that it'll accept bitcoin as payment. That news and decision has zero influence on McDonald's the corporation.

Since so few people actually read posts anymore I'll continue to fight this quickly spreading fake news.

Actually that is what happened with Burger King.
A bunch of topics were posted in the Altcoin section claiming this.
The word was extremely vague and mentioned using a WAVES coin of sorts.
And there was no mention of it even being used at the damn restaurant either.
So people speculated just what in the hell are you suppose to do with a "Burger King Coin" ?

Here in Canada i collect "Canadian Tire Money" either with the paper bills or my "card".
Point being is i go back to the store and use the "money" towards my next purchase.

Anyway..
This story posted here was about a bet ..a wager of sorts.
It was asking the public "Will McDonalds accept BTC in 2018 ?"
It was *NOT* an announcement from McDonalds saying we are accepting it soon.
See the distinction ?

I would neg the scammer OP here but it's a waste of my time.. i am sure he has 100 accounts here to post garbage with.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
December 05, 2017, 03:50:55 PM
It is a great idea having a partnership with McDonalds, the largest fast food chain business in the whole world.
Which will helps to open lots of doors for opportunities that can make the system more organize, systematic and convenient as well.

This will make the crypto currency very popular. If this is true, then this news can positively affect the price of bitcoin in the future. But I would not want to spend my bitcoins on food
Activity: 812
Merit: 510
December 05, 2017, 03:34:28 PM
finally i really love eating mcdonalds but it keeps increasing its price which makes it a bit harder for me
i anyways wanted to sell my bitcoin at 10000 looks like it has crossed way above it i will use bitcoin to purchase
any meal from mcdonalds
Activity: 699
Merit: 438
December 05, 2017, 03:00:15 PM
It is a great idea having a partnership with McDonalds, the largest fast food chain business in the whole world.
Which will helps to open lots of doors for opportunities that can make the system more organize, systematic and convenient as well.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
December 05, 2017, 11:14:39 AM
If this true, I believe McDonald can realize this. McDonald has a large network, with well-supported infrastructure machine, they can creates machine such as EDC tools specifically for Bitcoins payments, this is possible. To be able to apply it of course in need of adaptation and knowledge of the bitcoin itself to the customers. For such easy method adapting, example McDonald can release a special debit card for customer member as a special payment using Bitcoins. It seems that some entrepreneurs see this as a good opportunity.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
December 05, 2017, 10:53:20 AM
We need lightning network or side chains or some other payments solution built on bitcoin in order for it to be used to make payments like this.

No one is going to pay for a Happy Meal with bitcoin having to pay more in fees than for the Happy Meal, also confirmation time alone makes it impossible to be used as a reliable in-store payment system.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
December 05, 2017, 10:26:14 AM
If that is true then it is good for us crypto traders because we can easily get the food at Mcdonalds with the use of bitcoins as payment.
Activity: 140
December 05, 2017, 10:24:10 AM
reallyI hope it will be nice to mcdo and most of all I love fried chicken especially spaghetti and mcfloat and their cheese burger is really goodLet's go
Activity: 210
December 05, 2017, 10:22:32 AM
Does that even make sense with the current transaction times and fees? You are going to pay more for the fees than for your meal. Unless the fees go down drastically, it makes no sense to use bitcoin as a daily payment method.
Exactly! that's great that world possibly starts to accept bitcoin,but for users who can count their money  - it is unprofitable with such of transactions as now.

Activity: 319
Apeswap Finance
December 05, 2017, 10:20:02 AM
I think that's good, we're getting easier to buy McD food using bitcoin. But I think it will not be accepted in 2018 or in the near future
Activity: 216
December 05, 2017, 10:17:08 AM
Yes, I also agree that this is cool news, because after that all other similar institutions will follow suit to keep up and bitcoin will grow in price even more. And we'll see bitcoins in KFC)) Grin
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
December 05, 2017, 10:15:51 AM

I wish that it would be implemented in the whole world.  I like Mcdonalds compared to any other fastfood chains.  So I hope that bitcoin will likewise be used here in my country to buy foods at Mcdonalds.  That would be exciting and people will definitely get to know more about btc.
If the mcdonalds will implement it to their store or restaurant then it will be implemented too in almost all the branches of mcdonalds because people that are using bitcoin are all over the world and the only thing that it can help the other people in the other part is to enable it so they can also enjoy using bitcoin to pay for their food.
Activity: 266
December 05, 2017, 10:03:20 AM
It don't make any sense. Co'z mcdonald's price is way cheaper than the price of bitcoin right now. I think bitcoin should be accepted in a highly classified and paid projects.
Activity: 133
December 05, 2017, 09:58:42 AM
I don't think it's a good idea. The value of bitcoin is fluctuating. It is not stable so if you want it to use it as a payment, it can be benefit you or not depending on the fluctuation of its value.
Activity: 1111
Merit: 255
December 05, 2017, 09:55:46 AM

I wish that it would be implemented in the whole world.  I like Mcdonalds compared to any other fastfood chains.  So I hope that bitcoin will likewise be used here in my country to buy foods at Mcdonalds.  That would be exciting and people will definitely get to know more about btc.
Activity: 200
December 05, 2017, 09:55:10 AM
Bitcoin is clearly not enough efficient for daily and intensive transactions. So i don't believe it will be used by McDonalds
Activity: 210
Merit: 101
December 05, 2017, 09:55:02 AM
I think, Mcdonald possibly accept the payment bitcoin for each buyer of the products they are releasing to the consumer. I read about the bitcoin that it used to pay overseas on their product or pay their bills payment.I think that coming 2018 will be accepted bitcoin at Mcdonald but still 100% bitcoin will be used to pay Mcdonald on their products.
Activity: 484
Merit: 500
December 05, 2017, 09:52:31 AM
This is cool news, because after that all other similar institutions will follow suit to keep up and bitcoin will grow in price even more. Cheesy
Activity: 266
Merit: 13
December 05, 2017, 09:49:44 AM
People take this story seriously?  Its a promotion for the Betway bookmakers, open a book on something daft people write about it and some will bet on it.  doubles all round for the marketing department.

McDondalds is not going to accept a payment that takes long to process than serving your meal, and in many cases eat it too.
Pages:
Jump to: