Pages:
Author

Topic: Merit decay - page 3. (Read 992 times)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 124
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
January 14, 2024, 12:48:50 AM
Quote from: Cryptoprincess101
Is it a good habit to allow one's sendable merits to decay?
I don't think is a good habit, but there are some users are very busy some times to check if there is a sendable merits but those that knew that there is a sendable merits and they allow it to decay, that is a bad habit because sending that sendable merits to someone that took his or her time to make a quality post in the forum can make that person to continue improving in quality post.

I came to discovered that newbies, members and full members don't allow merits to decay before they will send it to those that will be motivated not to give up their journey than to continue acting till they achieve their goal in the platform.
Activity: 728
Merit: 421
January 13, 2024, 03:57:40 PM
So far my stay here, I have never seen any complaint from any member talking about his or her smerit getting decayed or retrieved by a merit source or admin, but rather, it is only a banned account that can no longer be used any more that we can say so. I think we can categorize to that effect because once an account is banned, there is every possibility that the account would not be active here again, which means there is no way that account can send merit out. So therefore, we can say that the account smerit decayed if I am not mistaken.

Irrespective of the fact that an account is inactive for a long time, as long as that account is not banned and has smerit, that smerit would be there for the account owner till they remember to visit the platform again. In essence, I do not think smerit can be decayed.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 379
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
January 13, 2024, 07:26:43 AM
For knowledge so far never read any post about merit decaying and merits can only decay when that account is ban which you can't have access to be able to send out those merits at this juncture it is automatically decayed.
I don't know that if an account was banned, the account owner can not use it to send sendable merit.

Even this is true, the rest is untrue. Sendable merit of a banned account is not decayed after the ban. It still exists in that account, like total merit, total sendable merit. If the Merit send button is disabled because of the account ban, it can be enabled again if the account gets a second chance and unbanned.

Seems like your information is true.
[FIXed] Banned accounts can still send merit.Update.
You are right but there is no way you can spend out a merits in a ban account, so directly or indirectly we can consider that as decaying except the merits allocator will take them back after confirming that such account has no chance of restoring it back. As long as account is gone then there is no need to think about the merits that account has because everything will be disabled automatically, that account can only have back their merits when there is anything possibility to operate back in the forum.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 723
January 13, 2024, 12:03:52 AM
For knowledge so far never read any post about merit decaying and merits can only decay when that account is ban which you can't have access to be able to send out those merits at this juncture it is automatically decayed.
I don't know that if an account was banned, the account owner can not use it to send sendable merit.

Even this is true, the rest is untrue. Sendable merit of a banned account is not decayed after the ban. It still exists in that account, like total merit, total sendable merit. If the Merit send button is disabled because of the account ban, it can be enabled again if the account gets a second chance and unbanned.

Seems like your information is true.
[FIXed] Banned accounts can still send merit.Update.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 379
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
January 12, 2024, 07:54:14 PM
For knowledge so far never read any post about merit decaying and merits can only decay when that account is ban which you can't have access to be able to send out those merits at this juncture it is automatically decayed. If someone is not sending out their merits you should look if that profile is active or not because most people do make post that attracts merits after some while you won't see them online to start distributing their merits to other people accordingly sometimes when reputable users comes across that profile they finds it very difficult to merits those profile.
Activity: 714
Merit: 1004
Goodnight, ohh Leo!!! 🦅
January 12, 2024, 05:56:15 PM
I've got to find out that there are some profiles that have received whole lots of merits but some of those profiles don't circulate their sendable merits to others profiles thereby allowing the sendable merits to decay and become worthless. The reason for sendable merits is for a user to send to other profiles in which they find their posts of good qualities and of Meritable standards but I wonder why some users choose to hoard this sendable merits and allowing it to vanish with time.
Ddmr has said it all... There has never been a time I heard someone complain about smerit decay ...never! I've also had like maybe 2 smerits kept for over months and months and it doesn't disappear.. I think Theymos wouldn't make anything compulsive...

for sure, there was actually a time I learnt that some meritsources do have them smerits desolved for the same reasons; if they actually delayed the circulation and they got some new monthly refills - I'm not a merit source and i dunno how authentic the information was but that's it.... I also Learnt that Ratimov sometimes HODL smerit for his generous reviews... I dunno what to believe anymore.

Sandra 🧑‍🦰
Activity: 644
Merit: 544
January 12, 2024, 10:31:45 AM
I've got to find out that there are some profiles that have received whole lots of merits but some of those profiles don't circulate their sendable merits to others profiles thereby allowing the sendable merits to decay and become worthless. The reason for sendable merits is for a user to send to other profiles in which they find their posts of good qualities and of Meritable standards but I wonder why some users choose to hoard this sendable merits and allowing it to vanish with time.

You don't have to criticize other users; I don't think any member of this forum will be delighted to see their sendable merit decay, so the profiles you might see with some smerit the smerit may not just be there for no reason; perhaps they never see their selection of great posts to merit. Please be aware that not every forum user is required to engage in every section of the various parts present here. Therefore, in certain sections, you might come across some excellent posts that merit consideration for those individuals whose profiles you checked and found smerit, but they might not be actively participating in those sections.

To be honest, holding onto smerits is bad, but you shouldn't hold it against anyone because there could be valid reasons why they don't want to exhaust all their smerits all at once, if not worth exhausting the smerits they may have.
Activity: 358
Merit: 285
January 12, 2024, 07:42:32 AM
But the question arise, does S'merit actually disappear/decay?  I'll love to get a feedback from someone that had experienced it.
Am still a beginner who doesn't know much about merit decay but when Ever I want to send merit to someone, I usualy see a warning of merit decay on the merit sending Dash board. check this below the second to the last line, it is written that they have the right to decay unused merit, there is no point hording Smerit. Keeping it does not benefits you, and they deserve to decay unused merit in the future. Meaning its possible. Just that I doubt if people have left their sendible merit to see if actually this warning works.

And that's what am inquisitive to know if under such circumstance by virtue of the reserved right by the forum admin if the decay has been experienced by any member of the forum at any point in time due to hoarding or the user not sending it out let say for a few months. And, maybe those users that left the forum stayed away for a very long time to focus on other challenging affairs of life and, later returned back to the forum to take off from where they stopped. They are in my opinion the right people to tell us if actually any S'merits they left behind got decade during the period of their absence or not.
Yes, you're right. They left the forum, which was the only reason they focused on the other side.  That's why they have a long gap in this forum.  When they come back here, they don't know if they got their qualities right.  But because of their return, a little beautiful side has been revealed for us. We can know or learn more from them.
Merit: 512
January 12, 2024, 06:20:53 AM
But the question arise, does S'merit actually disappear/decay?  I'll love to get a feedback from someone that had experienced it.
Am still a beginner who doesn't know much about merit decay but when Ever I want to send merit to someone, I usualy see a warning of merit decay on the merit sending Dash board. check this below the second to the last line, it is written that they have the right to decay unused merit, there is no point hording Smerit. Keeping it does not benefits you, and they deserve to decay unused merit in the future. Meaning its possible. Just that I doubt if people have left their sendible merit to see if actually this warning works.

And that's what am inquisitive to know if under such circumstance by virtue of the reserved right by the forum admin if the decay has been experienced by any member of the forum at any point in time due to hoarding or the user not sending it out let say for a few months. And, maybe those users that left the forum stayed away for a very long time to focus on other challenging affairs of life and, later returned back to the forum to take off from where they stopped. They are in my opinion the right people to tell us if actually any S'merits they left behind got decade during the period of their absence or not.
Activity: 140
Merit: 63
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest
January 12, 2024, 03:05:04 AM

Activity: 1064
Merit: 343
Hhampuz is the best manager
January 12, 2024, 01:40:32 AM

Actually all of us have different perspective on how we spend our sMerits or we hold it forever and  also we all know that holding sMerits it not prohibited but  what's the point? cause we can not gain more achievements by holding our sMerits  so technically speaking we should give our sMerits to those users who created a good post or reply. Anyways we can see many inactive users who are receiving bunch of merits form merit source so it's expected that those in active users have a lot of sMerits.
Activity: 798
Merit: 546
Leo is resting.
January 11, 2024, 09:37:25 AM

The answer is no, I believe you are following up on the comments of other members and you have heard from them how merits don't decay right? I have not experienced it before and am yet to see any post or comment sighting a members merit got decayed after a long period of time for not sending it out.
On the issue of some members not sending out their merits, I don't think it's a big deal since it is their merit and they have the right to send it to whomever they find their post worthy or attractive. Personally I think merits should be the last thing to be discussed here since it's something that is freely given and freely received.

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
January 11, 2024, 05:04:22 AM
At first didn't know smerit can decay, was force to research about it because of this threads and came across post related to this.  
   Unused smerits shouldn't be destroyed but sent to merit sources after 1 month.
 Didn't know we where also hodl smerit  Cheesy because what the extent of you keeping it when you know it will end up disappearing  (decay) when you should have just  put it to use than to let it waste.
Good grief i found out sooner. Anytime I have smerit I will quickly make used of it by meriting post worth meriting than to let it decay.

Additionally, sMerit are spendable merit. I know it's not a healthy practice to have sMerit and let it decay, but it's up to the owner whether to spend it or not.
But there are many people in the forum whose posts are worthwhile and provide useful knowledge for others. So it will be an excellent routine to spend your sMerit rather than having it rot and become worthless.
Activity: 616
Merit: 274
January 10, 2024, 10:59:35 PM

Perhaps you need to worry less about what another member does their Smerits as it’s literally theirs to do whatever they deem fit with it.
It’s common knowledge that hoarding Smerits doesn't add any benefits/perks to one’s profile so there isn’t any good motive on why one would hoard their Smerits.
I don’t think it’s cool to hoard Smerits but I also wouldn’t tell someone else what to do with their Smerits. It’s theirs to give out anyways.

There are plenty of members who are active and are quite generous with their Smerits. Perhaps you should focus more on getting some from these members.
Activity: 910
Merit: 875
Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin
January 10, 2024, 02:37:44 PM

You don't tell people what they want to do with their earned merit, if they find your post worthy enough, I'm very confident they will give you without thinking twice. It's true that some people don't send out their Smerit and that could be for some reasons. It could be that they don't see good quality posts, it might be that they don't write in English frequently and they are more active in local board than the main board, it might also be that the person doesn't like you, this might sound harsh but some people have their favourite people they check their profile and give to the posts they think they deserve it.

I want you to know that we have more than 20 merit source in this forum, if one active user doesn't give you, the rest will give you and if you are active in doing things that deserve merit, not only the merit source will hive you, even normal people that engage to post will give you merits. It's depend on your efforts and how active you are in the Forum and how valuable your posts are to the public and don't expect to get merited for all your efforts, you might even do quality things that deserves merit and you wouldn't get that moment but when anyone comes across it, they can give you if it's worthy and deserving.
Activity: 196
Merit: 91
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest
January 10, 2024, 10:12:42 AM
OP, your recent threads show that you are concerned about merit. I understand your efforts to improve your rank, but you shouldn't be so frank.

You may actually be right on saying that am only interested in merit but I want you to understand that everyone in this BTT forum needs merit in other to grow so it shouldn't look as if because my current threads are focused on discussion about merit then it now sounds as if I needed it more than anyone else. I know I'm a newbie and it is important for me to learn and make quality posts before I think of earning merits of which I'm trying my best and if you watch closely I do more of learning and making research before creating threads.

No, no, I don't want to offend you. And yes, it is normal that newcomers are interested in increasing their rank. I think everyone who came to the forum after the merit system was introduced remembers his first merit and the person who gave it to him, unless, of course, the merit did not come from an alternate account or was purchased.
But I would advise you to focus less on hunting for merit and communicate naturally on the forum without rushing things. Many have noticed that as soon as you let go of the passionate desire to obtain merit, they are attracted to you from all sides. Just communicate, and you will get what you are so excitedly waiting for. Smiley

You didn't offend me in any way as our elders do tell us that "advice isn't a curse' and moreover, this is beginners and help session so whatever you know you can relate to me as a newbie in other for me to grow here don't hesitate to let me know I think that was why this session was created in other for legendary like you to help newbies/beginners like us on how we can go through in the forum so i welcome your advice and i say thank you I'm grateful!
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿
January 10, 2024, 08:13:11 AM
OP, your recent threads show that you are concerned about merit. I understand your efforts to improve your rank, but you shouldn't be so frank.

You may actually be right on saying that am only interested in merit but I want you to understand that everyone in this BTT forum needs merit in other to grow so it shouldn't look as if because my current threads are focused on discussion about merit then it now sounds as if I needed it more than anyone else. I know I'm a newbie and it is important for me to learn and make quality posts before I think of earning merits of which I'm trying my best and if you watch closely I do more of learning and making research before creating threads.

No, no, I don't want to offend you. And yes, it is normal that newcomers are interested in increasing their rank. I think everyone who came to the forum after the merit system was introduced remembers his first merit and the person who gave it to him, unless, of course, the merit did not come from an alternate account or was purchased.
But I would advise you to focus less on hunting for merit and communicate naturally on the forum without rushing things. Many have noticed that as soon as you let go of the passionate desire to obtain merit, they are attracted to you from all sides. Just communicate, and you will get what you are so excitedly waiting for. Smiley
Activity: 266
Merit: 113
January 10, 2024, 01:24:01 AM
what will be your gain if you own some sendable merit and you don't dim it fit to others?   If everybody keep their sendable merit to themselves, how would you have gotten merits that has produced those a merit?

Those that refuse giving out their s merit are like those that have abundance of merit in their reserve and are not willing to give to those in need in their locality.

Apart from those that don't give out their s merit, you see those people that will just make a quality post that will make people pump merit into their account and will never visit that accounts for month eh, what do we have to say about them?  Those was an account that I recommended in a thread when a merit source asked that a recommendation be made for an account that had made quali post but that hasn't been merited. After the user was merited almost five merit, till date, he hasn't made a single post or reply in the forum. Whenever I look at that account it's just like I wasted my energy on the won't person.
Merit: 512
January 09, 2024, 06:01:07 PM
I've got to find out that there are some profiles that have received whole lots of merits but some of those profiles don't circulate their sendable merits to others profiles thereby allowing the sendable merits to decay and become worthless.
How did you check it? if you only check by clicking their merit history, it's not accurate because the forum only show last 120 days activity. Moreover it's the user's right whether he want to spend his sMerit or not, there's no obligation sMerit must be spend.
It is the user's right quite alright but it doesn't make a sense as there's no logical deduction in deciding to hold on to such right. Before a user got an S'merit some other user merited his post he/she find worth meriting and assuming all forum users walk with such mentality of hoarding S'merits how would you have gotten any S'merit not to then talk of hoarding it.

For a user deciding not to spend his S'merits on a post at all in the forum is indirectly creating the impression that such user  don't see any post worth of quality that deserves  meriting of all the thousands of posts found daily in the forum and a decay is much satisfying. But the question arise, does S'merit actually disappear/decay?  I'll love to get a feedback from someone that had experienced it.
Activity: 392
Merit: 237
January 08, 2024, 06:05:41 PM

What was said to you was right, it is not as though you are the only one looking for merit but talking about it all the time makes you more desperate than others because even if they are than you they conceal it. If you get to desperate to get those merits you will be looking to get it fast and that could cause you to break some rules. Two of your trades created are actually about merit, this will only get you into ignore list of merits sources that will see your posts as merit fishing post. As advice above just grow in knowledge and things will take its place.
Pages:
Jump to: