Pages:
Author

Topic: Merit System Suggestion Update - page 5. (Read 1040 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 10
March 03, 2018, 03:05:36 PM
Yes, I support the author. this is not true with respect to beginners. Previously, the account could be pumped just by being and communicating on the forum, but now beginners can not raise the rank, because merits do not give, they are incredibly difficult to earn
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
March 03, 2018, 03:02:38 PM
Your proposal is absolutely impracticable, since there are very few administrators, they have very little time given the incessant work involved in managing or monitoring a forum as large as this, and it is also necessary to take into account that every day thousands, tens of thousands of new posts and it is humanly impossible for a handful of people to be able to read all of them and evaluate the quality of their contents.

Therefore I would like to return to the old system before but I know that this will not be possible, therefore we must improve and refine the present system, as it is more than proven that delegate this decision to users lends itself to unfair valuations.
Activity: 112
Merit: 4
March 03, 2018, 03:01:10 PM
In my opinion merit system is very good because lately many people who want to raise their account rank only with spaming threads that seem less qualified, but this also there is a bad side in my opinion because there are also members whose rank is still low can make a quality post , but get less attention so they do not get merit. well that was just my opinion  Wink
Activity: 364
Merit: 16
https://crowdsale.network
March 03, 2018, 02:56:22 PM
IM STILL NEW HERE IN BCT FORUM SO IF THIS POST VIOLATE ANY RULES PLEASE JUST DELETE AND DONT BAN ME PLEASE.

I have some suggestion about this merit system.
Because of it is too hard to gain merits, this came out on my mind.
What if people who has a lot of sMerit make another account and send merit to his/her own account to rank up for farming, newbies here like me get hard times to gain merits and it is not fair to newbies like me.

Lets accept the fact that even you make sa useful and high Quality post you still dont get merit sometimes.

My suggestion
Why dont make it like this, No sMerit system only MERIT system and only admins can send merit to a post so that it will be fair for all and less the job of admin by checking someone send merits to another if its a farm account.
In this system no one can play the merits only the admins.

Negative side of this opinion I think is that the job of admins here will be a bit harder by checking quality of the post and giving merits to members here.

Positive side of this is that merit system will be fair to all newbies and elders here, and if the admins manage the merit system no useful and high quality post will be ignored.

Any more additional suggestions are welcome.
If you find something wrong in my post let me know to fix this.

EDIT: In additional I think we can make merit system automatic like activity. depends on the how long the post is, and if the post is not useful or quality merits can be gone if the post is deleted by the admins.

EDIT: Im not against this merit system, this system is nice because of its effect, Im just suggesting.

PLEASE DONT THINK IM COMPLAINING

It will be hard for the admin to review all the post and give merits.  But I understand your concern on just transferring merits to their alternative accounts to rank up.  The current system of giving merits is good but I think they should add a maximum merit an account can give to another account, like max of 3 to 5 per month.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 6089
bitcoindata.science
March 03, 2018, 02:55:02 PM
Admins don't have time to read all the posts and give merit, impossible....

Theymos proposed the idea of some random people who are selected by admins and are merit sources. Merit sources are people with more merit who can merit high quality content, similar to what you propose.

Personally, i think Merit system is pretty good, but it's to damn scarce.
You can make a very good reply and get 0 merit, and when you get merited, just 1 merit...

We need hundreds of merits, so it's VERY HARD to make hundreds of good posts.

I will need to learn much more about blockchain to get more merit, because I noticed that technical posts receive more merits lol

But i was studying already, this is why i came here...
Merit: 46
March 03, 2018, 02:42:45 PM
You got 4 merits, OP.  That's a lot more than many members with your awful command of the english language have gotten, and assuming you didn't buy those, you should consider yourself very lucky.  What are you complaining about?   

In case you haven't noticed, suggestions from newbies are falling on deaf ears.  Rightfully so. 

Look at me, I haven't earned a merit yet, and I'm not about to complain, because I'm not here to rank up and spam the forum.
I dont post this to complain, My point here is im suggesting an option to enchance this merit system.

All of us here has different intentions, some of us are here to earn profit to this (if this is the idea of the individual here this system is really unfair for the newbies) but this is not my point to post this.

Yes i got 4 merits now and Im thankful for this, but when you are already on the MEMBER rank 90merit points is too hard to get FACT is not all will give you merit for your quality post.

Sorry if you dont like my post sir and thank you for reading my opinion.  Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
March 03, 2018, 02:30:37 PM
The merit system is acting like a user filter which filters the unnecessary and useless posts but of course, many rank members are misusing this system if you find someone misusing it if you can directly report it or you can complain about them on the meta board. Yes, it is very much harder now for new users to get merit points in order to rank up and I think people should contribute their merit points with other low rank uses instead of focusing on high-rank members.
Activity: 322
Merit: 12
Treat People How You Would Like To Be Treated.
March 03, 2018, 02:29:57 PM
I think this is actually a good idea as well.

Makes a lot of sense, perhaps there should a poll setup somewhere so that members can vote on if they would prefer this system instead.

NB: On a side note, not trying to hijack this thread OP but I'm wondering if merits in someway would help to get my red trust score removed? (I received the negative trust rather unfairly in my opinion)
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
March 03, 2018, 02:28:56 PM
You got 4 merits, OP.  That's a lot more than many members with your awful command of the english language have gotten, and assuming you didn't buy those, you should consider yourself very lucky.  What are you complaining about?   

In case you haven't noticed, suggestions from newbies are falling on deaf ears.  Rightfully so. 

Look at me, I haven't earned a merit yet, and I'm not about to complain, because I'm not here to rank up and spam the forum.
Activity: 339
Merit: 102
The Exchange for EOS Community
March 03, 2018, 02:17:07 PM
IM STILL NEW HERE IN BCT FORUM SO IF THIS POST VIOLATE ANY RULES PLEASE JUST DELETE AND DONT BAN ME PLEASE.

What if people who has a lot of sMerit make another account and send merit to his/her own account to rank up for farming, newbies here like me get hard times to gain merits and it is not fair to newbies like me.

Lets accept the fact that even you make sa useful and high Quality post you still dont get merit sometimes.

My suggestion
Why dont make it like this, No sMerit system only MERIT system and only admins can send merit to a post so that it will be fair for all and less the job of admin by checking someone send merits to another if its a farm account.

Negative side of this opinion I think is that the job of admins here will be a bit harder by checking quality of the post and giving merits to members here.

Positive side of this is that merit system will be fair to all newbies and elders here, and if the admins manage the merit system no useful and high quality post will be ignored.

I agree with this, Merit system is proposing ideal fairness for all of the workers here, but in the other side this new system will make some point harder than before, just like ranking up, as long as you dont have the enough quota for Merits, you will remain in your position as what you have right now, which is okay for the old workers and very challenging for the new ones. It blocks the possibility of the person to have multiple accounts that he or she may used for scamming or maybe hacking people here.
Merit: 46
March 03, 2018, 02:09:49 PM

My suggestion

EDIT: In additional I think we can make merit system automatic like activity. depends on the how long the post is, and if the post is not useful or quality merits can be gone if the post is deleted by the admins.
(there must be a lenght requirements to be merited automatically, I think all can notice a long post if its a spam post/trash then if everyone report a trash post it can be automatically deleted).

EDIT: I think they can also assign a staff on every section to manage this easily maybe 1 or 2 in every section that is a merit source so that the admins dont have to work too much for the merit distribution.

EDIT: Im not against this merit system, this system is nice because of its effect, Im just suggesting.

PLEASE DONT THINK IM COMPLAINING
Pages:
Jump to: