Pages:
Author

Topic: Merits Tree - Monthly Results - page 2. (Read 9884 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 4508
**In BTC since 2013**
April 17, 2023, 07:04:18 PM
Merits Tree
March'23

Small Summary:
The user @Ratimov for the first time was the one who gave the most merits during a month.
Almost a year later @Julien_Olynpic is again one of the top 20 most generous givers of merits.
One of the users who received a lot of merits this month and had never appeared in this top was @AHOYBRAUSE .

Description:
FIRST USER > TOP THREE OF FIRST USER (NO. MERITS RECEIVED FROM PREVIOUS LEVEL) > TOP THREE OF SECOND USERS (NO. MERITS RECEIVED FROM PREVIOUS LEVEL)
List Order:
From the first user with the most merits given this month, to the number 20th user with the most merits given.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇
► Hvdv (2)
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
March 23, 2023, 03:54:37 AM
You did it well, this way at least there is a proper board section where they can monitor these things.

But in fairness to you, your perseverance to do this for the beauty of the forum platform, this is just showing that you care about the growth and beauty of this forum platform, nice job... Here's 1 merit for you as a sign of my gratitude for the effort you made, it may be small but it comes from my heart, if I had many merits I might not give just one. God bless you

Thanks. I really like things to be presented in a way that is enjoyable for everyone. And images are not always the most pleasant solution. So I try to develop something that makes everything a little better even if it's in BBCode.

I'm glad you liked it.

Activity: 1316
Merit: 268
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 22, 2023, 06:32:16 PM
Do you have any software used to make this tree from loycev data? Or you just browse and copy paste those data manually?

That's lot of effort to do if doing this manually.
Indeed nice information shown. Thanks.

I take the LoyceV data and paste it into an Excel file that I developed for this purpose. Then, I define some filters and just change the user's name for it to appear the data referring to that user. And I even configured the format in BBCode, so that it is practically copy-paste.

So it's almost just copy-paswt, although it does involve some manual work. But it turns out to be relatively fast.

What took the longest was developing the Excel file. Which maybe takes almost a month to get the operational por.

You did it well, this way at least there is a proper board section where they can monitor these things.

But in fairness to you, your perseverance to do this for the beauty of the forum platform, this is just showing that you care about the growth and beauty of this forum platform, nice job... Here's 1 merit for you as a sign of my gratitude for the effort you made, it may be small but it comes from my heart, if I had many merits I might not give just one. God bless you
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124
March 22, 2023, 12:51:28 PM
Nice to top this chart, and quite unexpected, as I think l saw other charts where I wasn’t on the top spot!

Anyway, always working up to keep up the work done!
Seems like you are again having more presence on the forum and getting back in position of attaining the top positions in most of the forum charts so slacking is slowing diminishing   Grin

You have always contributed well to the forum and still doing it in the right manner so yes keep it man..
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
March 20, 2023, 06:33:27 PM
Nice to top this chart, and quite unexpected, as I think l saw other charts where I wasn’t on the top spot!

Anyway, always working up to keep up the work done!
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
March 20, 2023, 05:23:20 PM
Merits Tree
February'23

Small Summary:
@The Skeptical Chymist was the only one in this top that gave at least 3 users 50 merits.
With two merits difference from the second place @El duderino_, in the gobality, @fillippone was the one who gave more merits.
The pie contest was a success, with @RickDeckard receiving many merits. The only time it had appeared in a tree was in February 2022 with only 1 merit.

Description:
FIRST USER > TOP THREE OF FIRST USER (NO. MERITS RECEIVED FROM PREVIOUS LEVEL) > TOP THREE OF SECOND USERS (NO. MERITS RECEIVED FROM PREVIOUS LEVEL)
List Order:
From the first user with the most merits given this month, to the number 20th user with the most merits given.

► GazetaBitcoin (46)
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
February 08, 2023, 11:53:50 AM
So I had to make a new post, so I apologize if you got notified twice.
You can prevent this by making an empty post first, and editing it later on.

You are absolutely right. Alias usually editor.
The point is that everything was wrong... and I only noticed later, which made me click delete instead of edit. I acted almost without thinking. Sorry.  Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
February 08, 2023, 11:07:18 AM
So I had to make a new post, so I apologize if you got notified twice.
You can prevent this by making an empty post first, and editing it later on.

The incredible thing is that I committed myself giving away many merits and I ended up 7th on the month. And I wasn't able to max out only one user!
The life of a Merit source Wink
legendary
February 07, 2023, 06:28:31 PM
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
February 07, 2023, 04:58:25 PM
Merits Tree
January'23

Small Summary:
Initially expected to be only during 2022 the merit trees, as it was well accepted, I will continue in 2023.
The year 2023 starts with @El duderino_ being the user who gave the most merits throughout the month.
@GazetaBitcoin was the user who most often received 50 merits from the same user.

Description:
List Order:

► cygan (3)
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208
Once a man, twice a child!
January 29, 2023, 09:37:17 AM
~snipped~
I'm going to analyze how this can be done, I'm not saying in the form of a tree to capture more information, but in a way that is interesting to analyze.
Yes, even if it's not like a tree; it will still be ok provided those caught in such act will be quoted or mentioned. This will help rejig them to awareness. Perhaps, some of them may have forgotten they have merit or on the essence of distributing it. I ain't talking of inactive members here. I ran through some of the usernames there and those I'm talking about are still very much active till date. So, it's not as if some type of abandoned account with lots of merit in it. That can't be distributed.
legendary
January 28, 2023, 03:23:55 PM
Is there any list of inactive users? I have to research this...
You can ask the BPIP guys for a list, they count 55,855 Active Profiles.
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
January 28, 2023, 06:35:31 AM
As per a previous comment of mine, you should exclude inactive users from these charts. Of course we cannot blame satoshi for being a merit hoarder!

If I move forward with this project, I will try to avoid this type of user.
Is there any list of inactive users? I have to research this...

Meanwhile I was thinking, this year (2023) to add another 20 places to the top list. But between place 21 and 40, only indicate the second level, not three.
What do you think?
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
January 28, 2023, 05:25:54 AM
It's okay not to send Merit back to whoever gave it to you. Just send it to posts that deserve it, no matter who made them.
I know, I am not saying it isn't nor should that be in your mind that you need to merit users A and B because they are meriting you. Or do the opposite and not merit them because they don't merit you either. Still, it's interesting stats. I am pretty sure I am stabbing a few guys in the back (unintentionally) who often merit my posts but I don't come across theirs that much. And since I am a merit source, I have a few wounds all over my back as well. 
legendary
January 28, 2023, 05:25:23 AM

Thanks for the feedback, I'll think about and study this.  Wink

As per a previous comment of mine, you should exclude inactive users from these charts. Of course we cannot blame satoshi for being a merit hoarder!

It's kinda expected that the biggest Merit sources get backstabbed the most.
It's okay not to send Merit back to whoever gave it to you. Just send it to posts that deserve it, no matter who made them.

In a sense, it’s advisable not sending merits back to a merit source!
legendary
January 28, 2023, 04:29:30 AM
It's nice to see who sends merits to who, but maybe you can make some type of overview of who doesn't send merits to people that send to them. I think LoyceV used to call them 'backstabbers'. We had 'backscratchers' and 'backstabbers'.

Maybe you can show something similar. For example, who are the top members I send merits to, but they don't reciprocate in the same way? Also, which users send to me, but I don't send to them?
The term "backstabbers" needs a disclaimer. It was a parody (hence the big bloody knife) and has these disclaimers:
make fun of this data, don't take it seriously (although it's all true)!
It's kinda expected that the biggest Merit sources get backstabbed the most.
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
January 28, 2023, 04:29:11 AM
Maybe you can show something similar. For example, who are the top members I send merits to, but they don't reciprocate in the same way? Also, which users send to me, but I don't send to them?

It's kind of discouraging to see from the trees members who garnered so much merits but still didn't distribute them, even after 150 days. Does it mean they haven't found deserving posts to splash those merits on. I thought we're to hoard or hodl only Bitcoin and not merit. Hoarding of merit wasn't theymos' plan from the beginning. Why users do it beats my comprehension.

Well, that would be like an inverted merit tree, of those who received the most and gave the least.
Since I work with this data every month, I might consider doing something like that. I'm going to analyze how this can be done, I'm not saying in the form of a tree to capture more information, but in a way that is interesting to analyze.

It is true that we talk a lot about the merits we achieve and which are distributed, and we forget that there are many who do not share the merits they receive.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll think about and study this.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208
Once a man, twice a child!
January 28, 2023, 03:59:07 AM
I ask the community if they want the merit tree to continue in 2023?
Well, I don't think showcasing this helps the forum. Rather it could be depressive if you asked me. It's kind of discouraging to see from the trees members who garnered so much merits but still didn't distribute them, even after 150 days. Does it mean they haven't found deserving posts to splash those merits on. I thought we're to hoard or hodl only Bitcoin and not merit. Hoarding of merit wasn't theymos' plan from the beginning. Why users do it beats my comprehension.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
January 28, 2023, 03:18:13 AM
I ask the community if they want the merit tree to continue in 2023?
If so, what news would you like to see?
Sure, keep the merit trees coming and growing Wink I find it interesting to look at.
It's nice to see who sends merits to who, but maybe you can make some type of overview of who doesn't send merits to people that send to them. I think LoyceV used to call them 'backstabbers'. We had 'backscratchers' and 'backstabbers'.

legendary
January 27, 2023, 06:59:51 PM
Wow thank you!
Finally a chart where I can top it!

I tip my hat to @jeremypwr who was able to rack 519 merits from @LFC_Bitcoin, out of a theoretical maximum of 600 merits. In second position @babo, who got 492 merits from yours truly.
Well done!
Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org