Pages:
Author

Topic: Merits Tree - Monthly Results - page 5. (Read 9884 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
October 21, 2022, 06:07:39 AM

I'm thinking about making these trees, for about the top 10 of the local boards. What do you think?

That would be really interesting, and something definitely worth of analysis.

It would definitely add something to my “meta” analysis.

On a more technical side: how would you identify a thread on a given board?
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 4508
**In BTC since 2013**
October 21, 2022, 05:33:12 AM
I just have this thing in my subconscious that might be some kind of pathological disorder, that when I see a rank or a chart I must immediately fit into it.

There are many ways of doing things, and not necessarily you have to do that topping some weird metric of choice.
(Not meaning your trees are a weird metric).
 I hope I could make myself understood.

Clearly understood.  Wink

And I believe that this is a way to keep motivated to continue to be better. These trees allow you to have another type of analysis, for your subconscious purpose.

I'm thinking about making these trees, for about the top 10 of the local boards. What do you think?
legendary
October 21, 2022, 03:28:47 AM

It may seem difficult at times, but I believe that you can manage it well, and proof of that is being able to be in the top 20 of those who give the most merits every month.
If one day I reach your level, I will certainly want to learn from you. Undoubtedly, you are doing an excellent job!  Wink

I just have this thing in my subconscious that might be some kind of pathological disorder, that when I see a rank or a chart I must immediately fit into it.

There are many ways of doing things, and not necessarily you have to do that topping some weird metric of choice.
(Not meaning your trees are a weird metric).
 I hope I could make myself understood.
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
October 19, 2022, 06:27:47 PM
Hell yeah it's real. 

Everyday it passes I Do realise more and more ho much I underestimated the effort to be at par with that topic.

It may seem difficult at times, but I believe that you can manage it well, and proof of that is being able to be in the top 20 of those who give the most merits every month.
If one day I reach your level, I will certainly want to learn from you. Undoubtedly, you are doing an excellent job!  Wink

legendary
October 19, 2022, 06:07:52 PM
Slacking is real.
Hell yeah it's real. 

Everyday it passes I Do realise more and more ho much I underestimated the effort to be at par with that topic.

It's pretty busy IRL in these days for reasons , but this thread is a time sink.

]Not sure what you mean exactly. 

To top this particular chart you must be sure you topped 50 merits to everyone on the last day of the month.
So you need a bit of commitment for being sure no more merits can be sent to your peers on that evening.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
October 19, 2022, 05:57:53 PM
Slacking is real.
Hell yeah it's real.  Before I started that thread in Meta with my rules for post review requests, I was only getting a handful every month and I was accumulating earned sMerits in the hundreds and never running out of sauce sMerits.  There were long periods when I wasn't doing a great job as a merit source, or at least not as good as I wanted to.  After creating that thread, I suddenly got a ton of "targets" for merits, and I'm chronically out of both sauce and earned sMerits.  But honestly, I prefer the current situation (though it'd be better if I had enough sMerits to keep up with the requests).

Truly, even if I top some user with 50 merits is usually difficult to micromanage the merit stash on order to get to 50 merits senta on the last day of the month.
Not sure what you mean exactly.  You're talking about it being hard to get rid of your sMerit stash by the last day of the month?  Didn't you create a thread that's similar to my offer?  I would think there'd be no problem whatsoever giving away as many merits as you're able to.
legendary
October 19, 2022, 05:00:33 PM
Not only I finished second this month, something that I expected to happen, but also I wasn’t even able to top 50 merits to my first three most valuable merit destinations.
Slacking is real.

Truly, even if I top some user with 50 merits is usually difficult to micromanage the merit stash on order to get to 50 merits senta on the last day of the month.
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
October 19, 2022, 03:24:43 PM
Merits Tree
September'22

Small Summary:
The September Merits Tree took a little longer because I was readjusting the filters for data collection.
Following the request of some users, the tree was readjusted, only for users who sent at least 1 merit throughout the month to appear.
In this way, users who did not submit any merit during the month do not appear in the tree.

Description:
FIRST USER > TOP THREE OF FIRST USER (NO. MERITS RECEIVED FROM PREVIOUS LEVEL) > TOP THREE OF SECOND USERS (NO. MERITS RECEIVED FROM PREVIOUS LEVEL)
List Order:
From the first user with the most merits given this month, to the number 20th user with the most merits given.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇
► DdmrDdmr (22)
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
September 14, 2022, 08:00:25 AM
I reported your peculiarity only as a “fun fact”, without attaching any consideration.

Undoubtedly, the analysis that we do here is more curiosities, and it is not intended to do a scrutiny.

I'm planning to readjust the filters you used, to try to stop counting members who don't give anyone merits, especially on the second level.
legendary
September 14, 2022, 06:35:09 AM
<…> DdmrDdmr is the only one who received merit from each of the top three users he sent merits <…>
Now you’ve got me "Merit Treeing" with my DB for all merited accounts (not just top 20 merited accounts).

I reported your peculiarity only as a “fun fact”, without attaching any consideration.
I didn't even bother to notice that EFS sent 150 merits to users who didn’t send back a single merit.
The reality is that merit distribution criteria are not under scrutiny here (and it would really hard to scrutinise your own, particularly).

legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
September 14, 2022, 04:59:10 AM
<…> DdmrDdmr is the only one who received merit from each of the top three users he sent merits <…>
Now you’ve got me "Merit Treeing" with my DB for all merited accounts (not just top 20 merited accounts). Without detailing all the cases (unless someone wants it), I make it:
Code:
Jan 2022 -> 1 case
Feb 2022 -> 0 cases
Mar 2022 -> 2 cases
Apr 2022 -> 5 cases
May 2022 -> 4 cases
Jun 2022 -> 2 cases
Jul 2022 -> 3 cases
Aug 2022 -> 2 cases

If we aggregate the whole of 2022 (so far) as one, we get 8 cases on the whole (flat table tree):
Code:
rn1       UserFrom                      UserTo                        nMeritsL1 rn2       UserToFrom                    nMeritsL2
1         CryptopreneurBrainboss        Smartvirus                    111       1         CryptopreneurBrainboss        73
2         CryptopreneurBrainboss        KingsDen                      81        1         CryptopreneurBrainboss        45
3         CryptopreneurBrainboss        igehhh                        76        1         CryptopreneurBrainboss        40
1         DdmrDdmr                      famososMuertos                235       1         DdmrDdmr                      52
2         DdmrDdmr                      Hispo                         214       1         DdmrDdmr                      174
3         DdmrDdmr                      d5000                         180       1         DdmrDdmr                      91
1         Disruptivas                   joker_josue                   29        1         Disruptivas                   35
2         Disruptivas                   TryNinja                      26        1         Disruptivas                   64
3         Disruptivas                   Lucasgabd                     23        1         Disruptivas                   26
1         fillippone                    babo                          353       1         fillippone                    199
2         fillippone                    Ale88                         313       1         fillippone                    80
3         fillippone                    Plutosky                      310       1         fillippone                    60
1         mole0815                      sam00                         93        1         mole0815                      22
2         mole0815                      MinoRaiola                    82        1         mole0815                      19
3         mole0815                      -doubleU-                     47        1         mole0815                      16
1         o_e_l_e_o                     n0nce                         228       1         o_e_l_e_o                     149
2         o_e_l_e_o                     pooya87                       168       1         o_e_l_e_o                     245
3         o_e_l_e_o                     BlackHatCoiner                168       1         o_e_l_e_o                     330
1         püsür                         LGD2Business                  29        1         püsür                         9
2         püsür                         ingiltere                     19        1         püsür                         11
3         püsür                         karabiber                     9         1         püsür                         14
1         spirits                       Buchi-88                      44        1         spirits                       60
2         spirits                       coco23                        36        1         spirits                       23
3         spirits                       tyz                           7         1         spirits                       98

<…>
That’s how I interpreted it, being part of the derived curiosity for me determining how often the case was encountered.
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
September 13, 2022, 07:11:34 PM
Well... it's 11 and not 10. Thanks for the alert, post corrected.  Lips sealed

DdmrDdmr is the only one who received merit from each of the top three users he sent merits to

I also added this observation to the summary of the post, which I found very interesting. Thanks.  Wink
legendary
September 13, 2022, 04:49:30 PM
Only 10 users, from the top 20, received merit from the users they gave again. Can you find out who they were

I counted 11 of them:
  • The Pharmacist
  • El duderino_
  • fillippone
  • ETFbitcoin
  • JayJuanGee
  • o_e_l_e_o
  • 1miau
  • xandri
  • DdmrDdmr
  • Pmalek
  • BlackHatCoiner

DdmrDdmr is the only one who received merit from each of the top three users he sent merits to
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
September 13, 2022, 04:08:15 PM
Merits Tree
August'22

Small Summary:
In August for the first time this year @The Pharmacist took first place in this tree, with more merits distributed.
Only 11 users, from the top 20, received merit from the users they gave again. Can you find out who they were?
DdmrDdmr is the only one who received merit from each of the top three users he sent merits to.

Description:
FIRST USER > TOP THREE OF FIRST USER (NO. MERITS RECEIVED FROM PREVIOUS LEVEL) > TOP THREE OF SECOND USERS (NO. MERITS RECEIVED FROM PREVIOUS LEVEL)
List Order:
From the first user with the most merits given this month, to the number 20th user with the most merits given.

► mocacinno (1)
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
August 10, 2022, 03:31:46 PM
Merits Tree
July '22

Small Summary:
For the first time @DdmrDdmr was the one who gave the most merits for a month.
@ETFbitcoin continues to give merits to users who don't usually give merits. Clearly he is a generous person who gives without expecting to receive.
Already, @EFS continues its mission to give 50 merits to @satoshi every month. Is he Satoshi!?

Description:
List Order:

► DdmrDdmr (23)
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
July 10, 2022, 01:31:51 AM
Hope this clarifies

Yes, I got the idea. Thanks.

I'll have to study how I'm going to do that. I'm not saying that it's already available in the next tree, but I'll let you know later.  Wink
legendary
July 09, 2022, 03:33:34 PM
I think trees are pretty good right now.
The only filter you could add is that, in case of multiple users with the same amounts of received merits, only the users with a greater number of sent merits should appear.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try to create a filter to ignore those who don't send merits.
There will be a few more hours to look at Excel and see the best formulas for this.  Tongue

Yeah but only if have the same amounts of merits.

Example  
Fillippone sends:
50 merits to satoshi
50 merits to Hal
49 merits to Lazlo
49 merits to joker_josue
48 merits to Theymos

You should populate the merit tree as
50 satoshi
50 Hal
49 joker_josue

Hope this clarifies
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
July 09, 2022, 02:41:44 PM
The only filter you could add is that, in case of multiple users with the same amounts of received merits, only the users with a greater number of sent merits should appear.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try to create a filter to ignore those who don't send merits.
There will be a few more hours to look at Excel and see the best formulas for this.  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124
July 09, 2022, 08:43:52 AM
It would be interesting to know whether the top 20 are all merit sources and how much they each sent in total (in the current month)!
I just checked number 20 nutildah and he did roughly 300. Since I only get around 300 merit (150 sMerit) in a month, there will be no way for me to reach the top 20 anytime soon unless I can double my merit gains to 600+/month. Tongue
I think all of them are merit sources and they have spend quite a big amount of smerits over these months like you can check the stats for the previous month for their smerits and here is list for them all :

The list is rank vise :

Merit Source
legendary
July 09, 2022, 08:22:28 AM
Do you think it makes sense for me to do this?

Take for example @EFS: looks like he sent lots of merits to inactive users: in case he had sent 50 merits also to other active users you should pick, amongst the one who received 50 merits , those who have an higher number of sent merits.
Also @qwz and other users could potentially have a similar “issue”.
Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org