Pages:
Author

Topic: Merits Tree - Monthly Results - page 4. (Read 9884 times)

legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
October 22, 2022, 08:42:26 AM
<…>
Ok, I can leave as is, since it can then be used both to resolve what you wanted, and enable us to see the reciprocal Merits sent at a glance (applying filters and such on the data).

<…>
I can update it monthly, based on when I process the merit.txt file that closes each month’s data set. The idea would be to update the same Google Sheet, adding an additional month’s data to the "All " tab.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 4508
**In BTC since 2013**
October 22, 2022, 05:33:14 AM
Edit:
You’re probably aiming at something like this in terms of data:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12G0JE1HVX9McRQT9oNflZ-FDavhEOzDXxRyNm4rnfZs/edit?usp=sharing
Probably needs a process to delete rows that indicate the same data in reverse order.
gtg

Well, this data is very viable to make the tree! Although I would have to make an adjustment in the way I collect information...
Do you update this data every month?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
October 22, 2022, 04:43:19 AM

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12G0JE1HVX9McRQT9oNflZ-FDavhEOzDXxRyNm4rnfZs/edit?usp=sharing
Probably needs a process to delete rows that indicate the same data in reverse order.
gtg

I was exactly looking for something like this.
Better than row deletion I can do a column deletion, considering only the sent merits.
Received merits is the sent merit in the corresponding row.
Looks more feasible to me.

legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
October 22, 2022, 04:08:39 AM
But how do I now associate each merit to a board?  Undecided
If TryNinja can't get you the data, I'll scrape it for you.

I still haven't found this relationship, in a txt/csv format to be able to compile.  Undecided
Well, I could just start scraping now, but with >100k threads, it's going to take a few days (I have to stay under 1 forum request per second on average for all my scraping).

I already talked to TryNinja. His website allows you to search by tab, so I believe he can arrange a compilation of the tab ID with the post ID.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
October 22, 2022, 04:03:51 AM
<…>
I determine the board by examining and parsing the path labels, which is not the best of ways (in case there is a name change). The Merit Tx has the message Id, and I later scrape some of the message metadata, including the path name which I parse in order to determine the board.

I used to have a tab on the Merit Dashboard called "Reciprocal Merits", which determined how many sMerits were sent from a given profile to another and back. I eventually deleted it because it was slowing down everything more than it should. I don’t think I made it filterable at the time by board though.

Edit:
gtg
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
October 22, 2022, 03:50:52 AM
But how do I now associate each merit to a board?  Undecided
If TryNinja can't get you the data, I'll scrape it for you.

But how does the @ddmrddmr merit dashboard works on this detail? How do he knows where a specific merits belong to?
If he shows the data, it means he's scraped it. I actually scraped it too, but only stored the thread titles, not the boards.

I still haven't found this relationship, in a txt/csv format to be able to compile.  Undecided
Well, I could just start scraping now, but with >100k threads, it's going to take a few days (I have to stay under 1 forum request per second on average for all my scraping).
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
October 22, 2022, 03:46:19 AM
Yes, I'm using that file.
But how do I now associate each merit to a board?  Undecided

As far as I remember on that file each merit transaction refers to a thread, so I need a table linking each thread to a board.

But how does the @ddmrddmr merit dashboard works on this detail? How do he knows where a specific merits belong to?
Blindly, I am missing something.

If I have a list that indicates the id of the board where each post is inserted (with its respective id), I can already know where the merit was given and from there make the tree.
I still haven't found this relationship, in a txt/csv format to be able to compile.  Undecided
legendary
October 22, 2022, 03:37:58 AM
Take the challenge Cheesy
It should be that hard: once you have a list of boards, you can add it to a TSV file with Merit transactions. Then all you need to do is use the boards you're looking for, and ignore the rest. Are you using merit.all.txt as input data for this?

As far as I remember on that file each merit transaction refers to a thread, so I need a table linking each thread to a board.

Blindly, I am missing something.

legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
October 22, 2022, 03:04:39 AM
It should be that hard: once you have a list of boards, you can add it to a TSV file with Merit transactions. Then all you need to do is use the boards you're looking for, and ignore the rest. Are you using merit.all.txt as input data for this?

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
October 22, 2022, 02:28:34 AM
So if I merit bitbollo on an international board, this merit counts toward the local board activity, while I don’t think it should.
Well, really that would be super interesting.

But, that would require a deeper analysis and very, very laborious. Please don't give me this challenge... because I don't know if I would be able to refuse... Roll Eyes
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
October 21, 2022, 08:13:05 PM
I would like to have a table with the number of merits seats from a specific user to another specific user on a specific board
Sounds very doable, will look at it this weekend. Smiley

Yet another graph to add to my META post! Hurray!

I have a few interesting visualisation that would come handy for this data.
And of course, Italian merit trees thanks to @joker_josue

Let's do it!
For my part, I just need to know on which board each merit was given. Having this information, I can easily adjust my data to make this type of trees.  Wink
legendary
October 21, 2022, 07:42:45 PM
I would like to have a table with the number of merits seats from a specific user to another specific user on a specific board

Yet another graph to add to my META post! Hurray!

I have a few interesting visualisation that would come handy for this data.
And of course, Italian merit trees thanks to @joker_josue
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
October 21, 2022, 06:55:03 PM
legendary
October 21, 2022, 06:14:56 PM

Can you reword what you're talking about? I believe I could easily get the number of merits in a specific board and/or to/from each user, is that it? How would you like the data to look like?

i.e.

something like:

Code:
Italian Board
fillippone to babo: 40
babo to fillippone: 10
fillippone to plutosky: 5
plutosky to duesoldi: 3
<...>
Spanish Board
ddmrddmr to famososmuertos: 34
fillippone to dmrddmr: 2

and so on

legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
October 21, 2022, 05:33:33 PM
trying to figure out if there is a table linking thread number to the relative board.
Can you reword what you're talking about? I believe I could easily get the number of merits in a specific board and/or to/from each user, is that it? How would you like the data to look like?
legendary
October 21, 2022, 05:21:37 PM
Ok,
So if I merit bitbollo on an international board, this merit counts toward the local board activity, while I don’t think it should.
In the other hand, the merits I dropped on @ddmrddmr on the Spanish board aren’t counted, while they should.
I think only merits exchanged on the threads on each boards should be counted, but I don’t think such a table exist.

But, that would require a deeper analysis and very, very laborious. Please don't give me this challenge... because I don't know if I would be able to refuse... Roll Eyes

For some (easy) project of mine I have been scanning the usual sources, @ddmrddmr, @tryninja and @LoyceV trying to figure out if there is a table linking thread number to the relative board.
But I wasn't able to find one.
This kind of information would add an interesting layer to all those analysis.
Of course something similar must exists, as every merit is linked to a local board, somehow.
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
October 21, 2022, 12:29:29 PM
Ok,
In the other hand, the merits I dropped on @ddmrddmr on the Spanish board aren’t counted, while they should.
I think only merits exchanged on the threads on each boards should be counted, but I don’t think such a table exist.

legendary
October 21, 2022, 09:38:59 AM
On a more technical side: how would you identify a thread on a given board?

I took the list of users, presented by @Rikafip and then created a tree thinking about these users, from the local board.
Then I do the same were this, with the username managed to know all the data.

Ok,
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
October 21, 2022, 07:57:52 AM
On a more technical side: how would you identify a thread on a given board?

I took the list of users, presented by @Rikafip and then created a tree thinking about these users, from the local board.
Then I do the same were this, with the username managed to know all the data.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124
October 21, 2022, 07:36:12 AM
Hell yeah it's real.  Before I started that thread in Meta with my rules for post review requests, I was only getting a handful every month and I was accumulating earned sMerits in the hundreds and never running out of sauce sMerits.  There were long periods when I wasn't doing a great job as a merit source, or at least not as good as I wanted to.  After creating that thread, I suddenly got a ton of "targets" for merits, and I'm chronically out of both sauce and earned sMerits.  But honestly, I prefer the current situation (though it'd be better if I had enough sMerits to keep up with the requests).
It was expected that after you opened up that thread in Meta you would be having lot of user request for post review because all want to gain merits and before that thread your merit policy was known to those who read your post as you have said that they can PM you for post review.But after that thread many came to know about it and it's better to distribute merits then hoarding them which you are currently doing and it must be very time consuming task and you have helped many members to reach their next rank including me also.So best wishes to you and keep up the good work this way only.

Didn't you create a thread that's similar to my offer?  I would think there'd be no problem whatsoever giving away as many merits as you're able to.
Yeah he has created a thread for helping members where they can submit their good post and he reviews them for merit distribution and has given lot of merits in that particular thread on different posts.

I just have this thing in my subconscious that might be some kind of pathological disorder, that when I see a rank or a chart I must immediately fit into it.
This is why whenever we see some kind of top contributors list on the forum your name is always there in the list which is really appreciable because you need to have commitment towards that work which you manage effectively.If it's merit tree,forum awards ,pizza contest or pumpkin craving contest we see our Italian bitcoin geek there so it's really good to have participation at this level.
Pages:
Jump to: