Pages:
Author

Topic: MinerEU.com 850USD THunderX3 80 USD Blizzard , 4*Blizzard @ 60 USD each - page 49. (Read 94944 times)

Activity: 244
Merit: 250
seems there are a few things that can be fine tuned in the cgminer option.
good thing is innosilicon basing their miner on 3.9.2 , so a good start , a lot of things are possible. including pool switching with nicehash or betarig kind of rental service.
Activity: 434
One thing to note if you are mining on a multipool, make sure you remove the no-submit-stale option from your cgminer conf.

I am getting 30.8Mh/s local with 29.2Mh/s poolside at the moment
That's not too hot, I found mine was running at 39-40 (when it was inside a cupboard  Grin). Many hardware errors on one blade at 1280. Took it out and there were a lot less errors and running around 30
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
It's a cheap ass power supply, but it as at least a regulated 12V power supply. The stuff coming out should be nice and smooth and dead on 12v. Mind you it should be possible then to turn it up a little :-)
Yes it is!

The minereu img gives more hardware errors then the standard image.

humor me here, turn the plug upside down into the wall...

Why would this make a difference? Just curious.

Depending on how the house is wired and if I recall correctly even depending on where you're at (city/town), ground is either seperate or combined with 0 (you know, the blue and brown wiring). It can give a ripple in your current. For example with some high-end audio-equipment it can be very noticable if you keep brown on brown and blue on blue all the way (to state it in the most simple way). Doesn't matter that it's AC.

You can also see this for example on your coffee machine. If it has a LED, in some places it will kinda glow even if the machine is turned off. In some places, it is simply off, no leakage.

It's a long shot, but it might make a difference. I can imagine cheap components being influenced somehow.

I'm just trying to help. Mine are running fine.  Grin
Yes it is!

OK , it could be the cgminer binary we are using was an old one. updating it tomorrow , i will post update status back in there.

will replace the current binary and use the one in the original image.
Is it possible to use a PSU normally used for the PC? Same connectors as in the PC?
And how much power should if be able to give (different power measurements by different people)?

This would make a huge difference noise wise.

Thnx
it is possible and you need to find out the 12V DC cables to do that
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Yes it is!

Why would this make a difference? Just curious.
Yes it is!

No can't do its on a extentionblock. Before there where 5 antminers on it. So its not the power.

Thats kinda oversimplifying how electricity works. You might be wrong.. but ok...
legendary
Activity: 1025
Merit: 1001
Yes it is!

No can't do its on a extentionblock. Before there where 5 antminers on it. So its not the power.
Yes it is!

Activity: 391
Is it possible to use a PSU normally used for the PC? Same connectors as in the PC?
And how much power should if be able to give (different power measurements by different people)?

Thnx

No, they are wired directly to the PSU, I probably have to make some small changes to put a standard PC PSU inside.
With my power meter I measure ~340W @ 1200 MHz.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Thnx
Activity: 391
My Mini came in this afternoon and it is hashing nicely.
1th blade shows 432 cores and the 2nd one 423, missing 9 cores.
Hash-rate @ 1200 MHz. around 27.5 MH/s. poolside.
Temperature  around 35 deg. C for both blades.
The noise of the fan is unbearable, I certainly have to do something about that, otherwise my wife will throw me out.  Roll Eyes

Edit: On the pool itself it actually shows a little higher hash-rate of 31MH/s.
legendary
Yes it is!

I got > 5% now. To much  Grin

This might sound stupid, but... is your wall socket grounded?
legendary
I got > 5% now. To much  Grin
What temps you running?

I can't see temps with this image but it feels fine.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zz8uj8xbt8tkqi4/ltc-a2-2014-05-21.img.gz

Latest image with 1280mhz. I just downloaded an image writer for windows and wrote the image on the SD. Easy as... PI....

Just want to give a notice : 1280 might not work for all boards. some of them would generate higher percentage of hardware error which is not going to increase pool side hash rate.
How can you fix the image back to old? So not the minereu one>

You can try to download the innosilicon image and write to your SD card. 
Pages:
Jump to: