Pages:
Author

Topic: MinerEU.com 850USD THunderX3 80 USD Blizzard , 4*Blizzard @ 60 USD each - page 8. (Read 94910 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
I heard of OpenSSL "effort" Vulnerability,is this the source of all these?
http://safeweb.norton.com/heartbleed
I check with minereu,it seems:https://minereu.com/ The existence of this vulnerability Angry
Hope you guys will fix it as soon as possible
I'm still guessing it's the support email platform they are using...

Btw what the file does is download something from dropbox that will send your wallet.dat somewhere and delete yours. This can easily be prevented by not having it at the default location.

this is not support platform. it is Zendesk we are using , a hosted service which is used by millions of other companies.

As mentioned before my problems regarding this spam started when you asked me to send my inquiry via a different email account. So I sent my inquiry (which still has not been answered) via three different email accounts, two of them have never been in touch with bitcoin/litecoin related websites. Several hours later I received emails from "Minereu" with "invoice" as topic including those JAR Files on each of my accounts which I previously used to send the email. (Unfortunately I opened the .jar file and lost ~90LTC but this is not the point here)
I still receive that spam emails on those accounts although I never used them on other btc/ltc related sites before or after I sent you the inquiry.

90LTC lose Shocked
fell sorry for you man,I open it once,but I am so lucky that I did not use my personal computer that time..... 

[/quote]

A lot of xhash users are also compromised, maybe this could be the source of the problem.
[/quote]

I never used this xhash,the sites I often goes to is minereu and gawminer, but I till got a lot of .jar emails not only from minereu, zoomhash and even bitpay.... Angry

This is my question:WHY and HOW they could ever get my eamil??And what should I do to make them stop?
legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001

Btw what the file does is download something from dropbox that will send your wallet.dat somewhere and delete yours. This can easily be prevented by not having it at the default location.

this is not support platform. it is Zendesk we are using , a hosted service which is used by millions of other companies.

As mentioned before my problems regarding this spam started when you asked me to send my inquiry via a different email account. So I sent my inquiry (which still has not been answered) via three different email accounts, two of them have never been in touch with bitcoin/litecoin related websites. Several hours later I received emails from "Minereu" with "invoice" as topic including those JAR Files on each of my accounts which I previously used to send the email. (Unfortunately I opened the .jar file and lost ~90LTC but this is not the point here)
I still receive that spam emails on those accounts although I never used them on other btc/ltc related sites before or after I sent you the inquiry.
Activity: 2
How many days it took to send miner? I bought 2x Thunder Zeus on last Friday. Any chance that will be send in this week?
Activity: 244
Merit: 250
We have confirmation that Gridseed mail list also got compromised .  it seems they have either get a main router or smtp server . they were able to get a lot of the email address .

This is obviously an attack aimed towards the mining community. we hope all of you are fine.  take special attention towards attachment with a jar extension.

Hi -  whats the avg time for UK delivery from minereu?

UK delivery normally use by 12 service, meaning if we dispatch today, it should be with you by 12 noon tomorrow. 
however, it does subject to the stock level etc.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100

Depends on wether London Bridge is crowded or not  Tongue

Activity: 329
Merit: 251
Activity: 5

the email address [email protected] is not the source of the problem. we are sorry about this attack, and we have seen some people complaining about it.

we suspect it is because this virus was able to scan your browser for e-commerce page. and if it detected a woocommerce site, it will pretend to be the source and send emails to people.  
we have issued a warning on our website to warn people against this kind of attack, but to be honest, we can't help you if you have opened a jar file .  this kind of virus in jar can run on windows and linux as long as there is a jre installed.  people should be really careful about it.

You are missing the point. I only started getting these emails with .jar files a few hours after I emailed [email protected] not after I clicked on the .jar file. The .jar emails came AFTER I emailed you. The .jar files are even present on your Google support board. And what happened to a response about the faulty G-blades that I emailed you about? I have had absolutely no response from you! I am having to have this correspondence with you on a public forum because you haven't answered my emails and your support forum is riddled with viruses and an attempt to email you just resulted in me being the target of a phishing scam. I have orders for more G-blades, but what am I supposed to do if I can't get a response when I'm having problems?

A lot of xhash users are also compromised, maybe this could be the source of the problem.

yes, i started to get these mails just after i registered at x-hash..
pretty annoying now..

Activity: 391

the email address [email protected] is not the source of the problem. we are sorry about this attack, and we have seen some people complaining about it.

we suspect it is because this virus was able to scan your browser for e-commerce page. and if it detected a woocommerce site, it will pretend to be the source and send emails to people.  
we have issued a warning on our website to warn people against this kind of attack, but to be honest, we can't help you if you have opened a jar file .  this kind of virus in jar can run on windows and linux as long as there is a jre installed.  people should be really careful about it.

You are missing the point. I only started getting these emails with .jar files a few hours after I emailed [email protected] not after I clicked on the .jar file. The .jar emails came AFTER I emailed you. The .jar files are even present on your Google support board. And what happened to a response about the faulty G-blades that I emailed you about? I have had absolutely no response from you! I am having to have this correspondence with you on a public forum because you haven't answered my emails and your support forum is riddled with viruses and an attempt to email you just resulted in me being the target of a phishing scam. I have orders for more G-blades, but what am I supposed to do if I can't get a response when I'm having problems?

Today I replaced the crappy Chinese PSU's in my A2Mini's with PSU's from Meanwell.
The consumed power went down from 720W to 600W. Less current and less heat, so I'm very happy with this.
Activity: 3

Thanks, it's good to know what it does. Hopefully, I escaped. My .dat files were still intact, but I guess they're compromised.  I've transferred everything to new wallets.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001
Had the same problem with minereu.com. I was asking for invoices but never received one. I was always told that i send it to the wrong address (of course I used the correct address). Finally they advised me to send it using another mail account. After I sent them my request using three different mail adresses I got emails back on each of those addresses containing the viruses.
I already reported that via email, again without response...

After spending ten thousands of $$$ on them I did not get any invoices but viruses instead...
Activity: 3
Hi, Guys

I have noticed some discussions and we would like to clarify :

1,  Regarding Email spam.  this is not known to us, and most of customers are not getting it, although we do see 5-8 customers are getting some spam. we are investigating where they might have get some of the email address.

2, regarding price : yes, we have a slightly high price, we are trying to adjust our price here.  the 8500 USD price is likely to be a scam unless it is from innsillicon  themselves. you can check with innosilicon and see how much they have it for.
we can tell you innoslicon is not prepared to lower the price , but they do have some move in the near future, not on price as far as we know, We would not be able to provide you with more at this time due to NDA.

I'm just going to say this: I suddenly started getting these spam emails which were from these names and addresses:
Minereu: <[email protected]>
BTC-E: <[email protected]>
[email protected];

All their texts were basically like this:
Quote from: email
We attach you Information For New miner

we have only 3 items

thanks

administrator Minerereu.com
And an added .jar file which would probably copy your BTC wallet or install a trojan or something.

As you can see they are meant for customers of minereu(I don't have an account on BTC-e) so my guess would be that your database was copied by someone and that they are now sending spam.
These were also not picked up by my spam filter so apparently they did not come from blacklisted sources.

on the second point:
I personally know the guy that is selling these for 6999 euros and if he says he can deliver them for that amount then he can.
But I'm only some guy on a forum so buyer beware.

Edit: I read something wrong. 8500 is the US price so I can't say anything about that

Hi, Thanks for providing this, we don't think it is our daatabase got hacked, but we think it could be something else with the hacker, it seems to have stopped. and we are investigating the email headers to see if there are anything at all we can find out.
it seems to have affected  a few of our customers, but not all, we are trying to find out which part could that be.

for those who got this spam email, have you contacted us recently ? i.e. through google group forum or through the contactus#minereu.com ?

I had a problem with a G-blade from Minereu.com that I had sold to a customer. I sent an email to [email protected]. Later that day I got a reply from minerereu.com with the invoiceXXXXX.jar  I was suspicious straight away, but I have this customer who's put a claim in with Paypal who have frozen a good chunk of my money, so I was desperate and clicked on the .jar file. What a stupid thing to do, I know. Nothing seemed to happen, but obviously something has. I scanned for viruses and malware, but found nothing. I've since reinstalled my operating system, but I don't know if anything has infected my removable drives etc. I can't find anything with virus scanners or malware bytes etc. If anybody knows what the invoice .jar file does, I'd really like to know. I don't have much confidence in my computer to access my wallets at the moment. As for Minereu.com - still nothing from them and I'm furious about it. This invoice .jar file even exists on their Google group support board. I've also gotten the SPAM claiming to be from btc-e.com saying I have successfully withdrawn bitcoins with a hidden link to another .jar file. All this started after the email to [email protected]. Thanks for nothing MINEREU.COM!

we have issued a warning on our website to warn people against this kind of attack, but to be honest, we can't help you if you have opened a jar file .  this kind of virus in jar can run on windows and linux as long as there is a jre installed.  people should be really careful about it.

Since a couple of days I get these scam mails as well. When I saw that there were .jar files attached I immediately knew somebody is trying to scam me. Each morning I get these 2 mails now, this is very annoying.

My English is bad, but when you look at the language they use in these emails it must be some kind of retard sending these.

Now I realize that it is very bad practice to use your regular email address for anything related to crypto coins.
I'm pretty sure that some pools and exchanges are selling our email addresses to make money on it.

Edit: I read on the GAW forum that the .jar files are trying to steal the coins from your wallets. Make sure your wallets are encrypted and backed up!
Hi, Guys

I have noticed some discussions and we would like to clarify :

1,  Regarding Email spam.  this is not known to us, and most of customers are not getting it, although we do see 5-8 customers are getting some spam. we are investigating where they might have get some of the email address.

2, regarding price : yes, we have a slightly high price, we are trying to adjust our price here.  the 8500 USD price is likely to be a scam unless it is from innsillicon  themselves. you can check with innosilicon and see how much they have it for.
we can tell you innoslicon is not prepared to lower the price , but they do have some move in the near future, not on price as far as we know, We would not be able to provide you with more at this time due to NDA.

I'm just going to say this: I suddenly started getting these spam emails which were from these names and addresses:
BTC-E: <[email protected]>
[email protected];

All their texts were basically like this:
Quote from: email
We attach you Information For New miner

we have only 3 items

thanks

administrator Minerereu.com
And an added .jar file which would probably copy your BTC wallet or install a trojan or something.

As you can see they are meant for customers of minereu(I don't have an account on BTC-e) so my guess would be that your database was copied by someone and that they are now sending spam.
These were also not picked up by my spam filter so apparently they did not come from blacklisted sources.

on the second point:
I personally know the guy that is selling these for 6999 euros and if he says he can deliver them for that amount then he can.
But I'm only some guy on a forum so buyer beware.

Edit: I read something wrong. 8500 is the US price so I can't say anything about that

Hi, Thanks for providing this, we don't think it is our daatabase got hacked, but we think it could be something else with the hacker, it seems to have stopped. and we are investigating the email headers to see if there are anything at all we can find out.
it seems to have affected  a few of our customers, but not all, we are trying to find out which part could that be.

for those who got this spam email, have you contacted us recently ? i.e. through google group forum or through the contactus#minereu.com ?

I had a problem with a G-blade from Minereu.com that I had sold to a customer. I sent an email to [email protected]. Later that day I got a reply from minerereu.com with the invoiceXXXXX.jar  I was suspicious straight away, but I have this customer who's put a claim in with Paypal who have frozen a good chunk of my money, so I was desperate and clicked on the .jar file. What a stupid thing to do, I know. Nothing seemed to happen, but obviously something has. I scanned for viruses and malware, but found nothing. I've since reinstalled my operating system, but I don't know if anything has infected my removable drives etc. I can't find anything with virus scanners or malware bytes etc. If anybody knows what the invoice .jar file does, I'd really like to know. I don't have much confidence in my computer to access my wallets at the moment. As for Minereu.com - still nothing from them and I'm furious about it. This invoice .jar file even exists on their Google group support board. I've also gotten the SPAM claiming to be from btc-e.com saying I have successfully withdrawn bitcoins with a hidden link to another .jar file. All this started after the email to [email protected]. Thanks for nothing MINEREU.COM!

we have issued a warning on our website to warn people against this kind of attack, but to be honest, we can't help you if you have opened a jar file .  this kind of virus in jar can run on windows and linux as long as there is a jre installed.  people should be really careful about it.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Seriously pissed at DPD now. Apparently, the tracking IS accurate and the package is dicking around in UK since Wednesday!
Pages:
Jump to: