Pages:
Author

Topic: MinerEU.com 850USD THunderX3 80 USD Blizzard , 4*Blizzard @ 60 USD each - page 12. (Read 94913 times)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10
Hello, for those who already take a while mining. What is the best pool now? that better performance .. Because in the usual MultiPools lowering the value very much in low time.   Undecided where mine now?

Thanks.
Activity: 391
Merit: 250
Has anyone got refund from them? i asked for refund as i paid in BTC but they will send me the equivalent of in fiat. example i pay 2.7BTC when value was around $600 but now lets say it has gone up to $650. They will be sending me the fiat amount which would be about 2.3 instead of my original 2.7btc. Is that correct for anyone who got refund from them?

Yes, to me it seems logical. BTC went up in price so they will refund less BTC.
The value of the items you bought is denoted in $ and not in BTC.
It can also work the other way around.
Activity: 345
Trusted Member
Has anyone got refund from them? i asked for refund as i paid in BTC due to delivery date taking too long and also chaning the item to new to USE after i purchase. They will send me the equivalent of in fiat. example i pay 2.7BTC when value was around $600 but now lets say it has gone up to $650. They will be sending me the fiat amount which would be about 2.3 instead of my original 2.7btc. Is that correct for anyone who got refund from them? 
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
New download link for the image (770Mb): https://mega.co.nz/#!OckAVahZ!PjMxxTXy-WLTgpceoX83u2esed4F-CIYiSnIlelyYJI

You need 7zip to extract it. (copy past the whole link in the browser, the # f*cks up the link)

-----edit-----
Cgminer only accepts certain values such as 1300MHz. So you can use it to set it to this value, the increments of 5MHz require new binaries for cgminer.
-----edit-----
Haven't downloaded it yet.

When you can't find an other solution I can eventually put it on my web/ftp server for some time.
I have 100Mb upload and 6TB free space, but I don't want to get into trouble with my provider.

May be even better to make a torrent for it when there are enough downloaders.

You can compress it with 7zip, this should give a good compression rate.

wow that compressed it to just over 600Mb thnx.

try mega

Made an account am uploading it now, will post the link when that is done.

Thnx for all advice and willingness to help with hosting option etc.
legendary
Activity: 1025
Merit: 1001
My dropbox link has been suspended because of excessive traffic  Undecided   Grin

Where can I upload the image for others to download without this problem?
It is 7 Gigabites.

When you can't find an other solution I can eventually put it on my web/ftp server for some time.
I have 100Mb upload and 6TB free space, but I don't want to get into trouble with my provider.

Sent it to me i will upload it on my server. Got enuogh date though
Activity: 66
My dropbox link has been suspended because of excessive traffic  Undecided   Grin

It is 7 Gigabites.

try mega
Because you think that does not raise the value of Litecoin? I remember when  before the bitcoin and Litecoin together .. and now Litecoin  down and bitcoin not for uploading .. you think that much will this trend last? At this rate, I recover my investment in 3-4 months? I begin to doubt ...

Greetings.

The main problem is that nowadays everybody dumps their scrypt coins in exchange for BTC to sell them for fiat.
These multi-coin pools that pay you in BTC are also cause of the problem.
This will effectively kill LTC and all other scrypt coins with it. You can wait for it, within a couple of weeks LTC will be worth maybe $2.

I was so stupid to buy a second A2Mini directly from China, when everything fails I can always use them to warm my house during the winter.
The two A2's I now have are bought with coins I generated with mining and trading, so I didn't invest any real money in it.
My dropbox link has been suspended because of excessive traffic  Undecided   Grin

It is 7 Gigabites.

Activity: 266
Merit: 100
My dropbox link has been suspended because of excessive traffic  Undecided   Grin

It is 7 Gigabites.

Didn't you zip or rar it ? Shouldn't be more than anywhwere between 1 and 2.5 GB when properly compressed  Roll Eyes

It is 7 Gigabites.
Activity: 88
Because you think that does not raise the value of Litecoin? I remember when  before the bitcoin and Litecoin together .. and now Litecoin  down and bitcoin not for uploading .. you think that much will this trend last? At this rate, I recover my investment in 3-4 months? I begin to doubt ...

Greetings.
For now I have only changed the amount of settings you have to choose from.  The number of hardware errors will be a combination of your hardware,  the temperature (so the cooling) and possibly the mining pool.  I mine at clevermining. You might try a different pool,  or a slightly lower chip frequency. Possibly the image might make a difference because I had more issues with the one from minereu than this one.

I will look into load balancing and round robin etc. But that will require some more digging for me because that's another level.

Try it out and let me know if it makes a difference.
Activity: 66
never though of adding load balancing?

so i can mine in 2 pools at the same time.... Smiley

I have now the 6 blades in 1280 (A2BOX with the scripta image) and i get around 20-30% error in coinshift... do you think with your image that will change?

thank you!
For anyone who want to log into the image using putty:

Username: pi
Password: innosilicon
You guys are having very bad luck! Most of the time when a switched PSU breaks down it doesn't put a too high voltage on the equipment.
I hope you will get a decent replacement, the second A2Mini I bought was in such a bad shape that I couldn't accept it.
Why they changed to another manufacturer I don't understand, the silver A2Mini was neatly assembled, the new black one clearly not.

By the end of the week I will finally get the better PSU I ordered long time ago to replace the crappy one in my A2Mini, hopefully my A2Mini will hold until that time.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
Do you have pictures of the defective area?

This is a view of the capacitors, you can't see them whole through the vents but you can see they are all opened instead of having a flat metal surface. The one on the top left shows the material best.

This is the material still clinging on the vents.

This is the projection of the material mostly on the edge of the controller board in front of the vents:

And finally the verdict is: both blades died with the PSU.

I found a replacement PSU that I had in storage (a brand new high quality 12V 300W PSU for large LED lighting setups) to test the a2mini and here are the results...

What I believed to be a 5V line is in fact 12V (the red wire used for it is a mistake). The wiring color is wrong for the high voltage wires too: ground and neutral wire colors are swapped. You can't replace the PSU with a standard ATX one: the connectors aren't wired like standard PCI-e: the 12V and ground connections are swapped. On one of the blades there was an extra PCI-e connector whose wiring might have been standard but it was too close to the fan to be used (and the other blade doesn't have this connector).

This a2mini had other problems: I noticed a bent capacitor and one thermal pad not properly aligned on one of the blades and corrosion around the screw holes on the side panel holding the PSU. I really hope the 2 surviving a2mini will not blow up like this one.

I just asked for a refund or replacement.

I had the same thing I guess. PSU + a blade died (and I just realised I left the new PSU in the returned miner, crap). They better sent me a decent one this time.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003
NodeMasters

Well I have already prepared my miners. Now I have another problem. A controller does not work with more than one miner? If you see in the images. I tried to connect two units to a PI. The script Zeus detects  me two usb. But only one works. You can connect more than one at a time?

Thanks.

PD. Makes a lot of NOISE.  Undecided Undecided  I'll have to put them somewhere else and try to isolate some noise.  any idea?

I used Zeusminer 3.0 Pi image with more than 1 device, it should work.
It seams MinerEU Pi image for Zeus can only work with 1 device.

You have to configure and start the miners separately in these tabs you see on top of the program.

The noise and the heat is something you have to live with. I have my miners in a separate room with some acoustic dampening material on the door. And you have to get rid of the heat. That is why I bought A2Mini, because it runs much cooler and quieter than the Zeus miners.

V3.0 Is Good!!! Very Thanks!! Wink

Hi do you have a working link to the V3 software ?

https://mega.co.nz/#!ZtplCYJD!X1d9QVXFVYZ4ZGGku8LI0vnHhkX3btMRAr4NnpP52DQ

It seems you have to copy this link into your browser, at least with IE it doesn't work directly.

Thanks for that it works a treat

Well I have already prepared my miners. Now I have another problem. A controller does not work with more than one miner? If you see in the images. I tried to connect two units to a PI. The script Zeus detects  me two usb. But only one works. You can connect more than one at a time?

Thanks.

PD. Makes a lot of NOISE.  Undecided Undecided  I'll have to put them somewhere else and try to isolate some noise.  any idea?

You have to configure and start the miners separately in these tabs you see on top of the program.

The noise and the heat is something you have to live with. I have my miners in a separate room with some acoustic dampening material on the door. And you have to get rid of the heat. That is why I bought A2Mini, because it runs much cooler and quieter than the Zeus miners.

https://mega.co.nz/#!ZtplCYJD!X1d9QVXFVYZ4ZGGku8LI0vnHhkX3btMRAr4NnpP52DQ

It seems you have to copy this link into your browser, at least with IE it doesn't work directly.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003
NodeMasters

Thanks.

Pages:
Jump to: