Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining Equipment Manufacturers - page 12. (Read 55681 times)

Activity: 108
Merit: 10
July 11, 2013, 10:36:37 AM
That's better!  Grin

I doubt if knc jupiter or saturn are "tested". There is nothing to test afaik.

At the same time bitfury chips for 100 TH project in Poland are being placed on boards now. Metabank is currently arranging everything with local assembler in Russia, board design is to be demonstrated this week. So one could say it's kinda much more close to  "tested".

Anyway, you are doing very useful job. I believe arranging all this data is such a headache. I never made a single website in my life and most probably never will.
Really?  I obviously need to watch those demo videos again lol..  I thought KnC had some tests done?  Yeah I remember hearing that about BitFury, I'll put a tested on them.

There is something odd with the Bitburner boards. The 10 chip board is relatively more expensive than the 20 chip board, but still has a higher profit % ?!
You're right about that, on the surface all the references look right unfortunately.  I'm still only half way through going through them, so I'm sure I'll find it soon.  Hopefully I'll get a chance to finish tonight.

No, you don't need to watch that video again.  Smiley It demonstrates FPGA prototype. KNC asic chip doesn't exist and thus can't be tested.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
decentralizedhashing.com
July 11, 2013, 10:17:15 AM
That's better!  Grin

At the same time bitfury chips for 100 TH project in Poland are being placed on boards now. Metabank is currently arranging everything with local assembler in Russia, board design is to be demonstrated this week. So one could say it's kinda much more close to  "tested".

Anyway, you are doing very useful job. I believe arranging all this data is such a headache. I never made a single website in my life and most probably never will.
Really?  I obviously need to watch those demo videos again lol..  I thought KnC had some tests done?  Yeah I remember hearing that about BitFury, I'll put a tested on them.

There is something odd with the Bitburner boards. The 10 chip board is relatively more expensive than the 20 chip board, but still has a higher profit % ?!
You're right about that, on the surface all the references look right unfortunately.  I'm still only half way through going through them, so I'm sure I'll find it soon.  Hopefully I'll get a chance to finish tonight.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
July 11, 2013, 02:28:31 AM
July 10, 2013, 09:29:40 PM
That's better!  Grin

decentralizedhashing.com
July 10, 2013, 06:06:46 PM
Ok, I've been sitting here referencing as much as I could.  I have just enough done that I can put the new tables out.  I've been meaning to do this for a while, and I think I fixed a couple problems already.  The DIY section seemed a bit low, with a couple of them not looking right at all, this is fixed.  I can't wait to finish to see if I find anything else.  Over half way done now.

Added new AM and fixed BitFury.  Thanks guys.

(I realize I have a lot more work to do on BitFury before it shows the real statistics, I think I'll do their page today or tomorrow so we can see how this turns out.)
decentralizedhashing.com
July 10, 2013, 01:30:09 PM
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
July 10, 2013, 01:15:25 PM
decentralizedhashing.com
July 10, 2013, 01:11:24 PM
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
July 10, 2013, 12:43:59 PM
Very useful table comparing equipment from different vendors.

I believe if you fix those "small mistakes" in your table, it's gonna look very different from current version.

thx for your posting Smiley
July 10, 2013, 08:54:52 AM
It's all out of stock in few days after sales were started. Does it mean bitfury devices are to be deleted from the table? I don't know..
KNC is not taking pre-orders any more as well, right?
Activity: 102
July 10, 2013, 08:42:22 AM
the bitfury 400gh/sec (august) is out of stock so cant order that one anymore
July 10, 2013, 07:56:38 AM
Very useful table comparing equipment from different vendors. Useful but somewhat unfair to bitfury asics.

1. Lead time for 400GH/s unit being sold for 15000 EUR is August, not October. This makes difference, you know.

2. 400 Gh unit with delivery in October costs two times less - 7500 EUR. Big difference again.

3. Moreover, one could order a Starter kit with delivery date in August and 15 extension boards with delivery in October, mine with 25Gh hashing power for two months then install extension boards in October. 1000 + 15 x 350 = 6250 EUR only, not 7500. Im not sure how exactly you will calculate ROI in this case, but for me it looks like 400GH bitfury unit is going on the first row of your table.

All this numbers are without VAT. But VAT differs between countries, sometimes you can have reduced VAT and also many miners bought equipment for their registered
businesses so they didn't pay VAT at all. I've seen at least two European customers on this forum who didn't pay VAT, there should be more of them. To be honest, I don't know if KNC miner price is final and everything is included.

I remember there was bitfury/metabank device on the first row of your table with 120GH/s for $2160 and delivery in August. Yes it was for Russian market only, is this a reason you don't mention it anymore? Could we have it back, probably with some remark "For Russia only" or something. Thank you.

From your table one can decide that bitfury and knc are on the same stage of development/production, but that's just not true. Bitfury chip is tested by many testers already. It works. New tests show higher hash rate or lower consumption, if needed. Boards are developed. And we didn't see anything from KNC besides words and some strange FPGA prototype. Of course you can't show all details in your table, I just want to demonstrate that devices being on quite different stages of development/production look similar in your table.

I believe if you fix those "small mistakes" in your table, it's gonna look very different from current version.

For reference: Im not in bitfury team or anything, Im his customer. I wish KNC and others to deliver on time and yet honor their promises on hashing speed and power consumption. We don't need monopoly here.

Hope I was helpful, thanks and regards.
eve
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
July 10, 2013, 03:24:29 AM
Are you sure xcrowd going to sell their 30gh/s miner for only $499?? real or vaporware?
decentralizedhashing.com
July 10, 2013, 12:51:04 AM
So is the actual sheet still available to view?  I can't seem to find the link anywhere anymore?  I would just like to review your formulas/code and potentially offer some improvements.
I have about 1k(maybe 2k idk) references to fix and change to VLOOKUP.  It's pretty ugly right now, any information that anyone would want is just a #REF
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
July 10, 2013, 12:29:05 AM
So is the actual sheet still available to view?  I can't seem to find the link anywhere anymore?  I would just like to review your formulas/code and potentially offer some improvements.
decentralizedhashing.com
July 09, 2013, 09:09:39 PM
Value changed to profit.  Percentages of profitability.  May not sound simpler, but check it out, I like it much better.  Smiley

Easier to understand, I miss the "best case/worst case scenario" from the older version. Maybe two columns instead of one are better for pessimists like me Grin
It's still there, underneath.  I'll make sure to keep it available until I have every manufacturer's page up.

Exactly!  Grin

Could you also change the big table with the different difficulty scenarios to percentage roi?

Yeah I actually decided today that on each manufacturer page I'll put both 1 year ROI and Profit tables.

Thanks a lot for the idea!
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
July 09, 2013, 08:22:11 PM
Exactly!  Grin

Could you also change the big table with the different difficulty scenarios to percentage roi?

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
July 09, 2013, 08:21:17 PM
Value changed to profit.  Percentages of profitability.  May not sound simpler, but check it out, I like it much better.  Smiley

Easier to understand, I miss the "best case/worst case scenario" from the older version. Maybe two columns instead of one are better for pessimists like me Grin
Activity: 392
♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫
July 09, 2013, 08:20:49 PM
You might want to consider taking terrahash off this list and onto the possible scam category.
Thanks for the update, if you have some specific info I'd love to have all information available.  
Are you referencing how they changed their refund policy, and stopped talking to anyone?  I'll have to wait to see how this turns out, but it is worrisome at the moment.  I hope they keep going in the right direction.  They have seemed to have great potential from the first day.

applause! applause!
Was it you that suggested this earlier?

For the most part yes, plus, today they emailed at least 3 people today telling them that they are not honoring refunds at all for btc or paypal.
decentralizedhashing.com
July 09, 2013, 08:14:49 PM
You might want to consider taking terrahash off this list and onto the possible scam category.
Thanks for the update, if you have some specific info I'd love to have all information available.  
Are you referencing how they changed their refund policy, and stopped talking to anyone?  I'll have to wait to see how this turns out, but it is worrisome at the moment.  I hope they keep going in the right direction.  They have seemed to have great potential from the first day.

applause! applause!
Was it you that suggested this earlier?
Pages:
Jump to: