Pages:
Author

Topic: [Mining OS] mmpOS - easy to use linux/windows platform for mining. - page 4. (Read 5132 times)

Activity: 652
Merit: 266
# 01. August 2019 - System drivers upgrades

* Updated linux kernel to 5.2.5 for experimental variant.
* Added support for fan control of AMD Navi.
* Updated NVIDIA driver to 430.34 for stable variant.
* Updated NVIDIA driver to 430.40 for unstable and experimental variants.
* Updated NVIDIA libNVRTC to CUDA version 10.1.168

Miner additions:
Added TT-Miner support for windows and linux - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/tt-miner-202241-kawpow-progpow-ethash-etchash-epic-sha512256d-ghostrider-5025783
Added nanominer support for windows and linux - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-nanominer-v162ethashcryptonight-v6v7v8rrw-randomhashcuckaroo29-5089248

# 21. July 2019 Update agent

* Updated agent to 2.7.18
* Added dual fan support for NVIDIA cards (mainly turing)
* Added basic support for AMD Navi RX5700/XT.

Hello, can I ask which tool do I have to use in order to copy the image to a Sata HDD? I have used HDD Raw Copy Tool but when I start the HDD in the rig I get this message and it hangs:

Scanning for btrfs filesystems
MMP_base: clean, 61027/244320 files, 607975/980731 blocks.

Regards.

Mariano.
Hello,
We recommend usage of etcher because it can write image without uncompressing it first but after being uncompressed it can be written with hdd raw copy too.
From what I see you are already booting the system but amdgpufb can't switch because your monitor doesn't support native resolution switching, as a workaround you can use built-in GPU or boot headless with autoconf.txt placed in small exfat partition. I will update first post with additional qucik FAQ.

Yes I am booting from an old 1366 Asus motherboard with no built in GPU as a Vega test bench. I have uncrompressed the image with 7z and then I have used HDD Raw Copy to copy the image file to the HDD. I have another motherboard but is an old 775 with built in GPU (G41 Chipset). It is preferable to use the 775 with built in GPU instead of the 1366 one?
All AMD hardware after Polaris need displaycore enabled to boot in gfx environment, due to Vega being superior ASIC you can boot headless as an option. It will boot properly without any display attached. We have disabled Displaycore support because otherwise the first GPU that has attached monitor will suffer some hash loss. But if needed it will be returned in image.
Please try booting headless with autoconf.txt inside small exfat partition.

Hello, I have sucessfully booted headless with the autoconf.txt in the small partition. Is there any tutorial for configuring the system for Team Red Miner and Vegas for use them with Monero? Since I have not found so much information regarding Monero pools, etc.

Regards.

Mariano.

Great! From now on you can do all from your dashboard. Usually starting from right->left for initial configuration.
Add your wallet, Add pool(mind that different pools have different configurations for username), Add miner profile for XMR(we recommend using teamredminer) and finally assign your rig the miner profile you've created.
Can give you example for xmrpool.eu pool:
Select monero coin(XMR), select your XMR wallet
pool host: xmrpool.eu
pool port: 9999
ssl enabled: yes
In username section when creating pool write this
%wallet_address%.%rig_name%+50000
Last line is static diff sent to pool.

In miner profiles advanced settings leave default or use --cn_config from known good working configuration(else ssh to rig and run benchmark first).
You can also add additional line in advanced settings "--watchdog_script /opt/mmp/sbin/" to enable automatic reboot on GPU failure.

For more instructions I advise you to join our discord or telegram channels.
Thank you for choosing MMP OS Smiley
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Hello, can I ask which tool do I have to use in order to copy the image to a Sata HDD? I have used HDD Raw Copy Tool but when I start the HDD in the rig I get this message and it hangs:

Regards.

Mariano.
Hello,
We recommend usage of etcher because it can write image without uncompressing it first but after being uncompressed it can be written with hdd raw copy too.
From what I see you are already booting the system but amdgpufb can't switch because your monitor doesn't support native resolution switching, as a workaround you can use built-in GPU or boot headless with autoconf.txt placed in small exfat partition. I will update first post with additional qucik FAQ.

Yes I am booting from an old 1366 Asus motherboard with no built in GPU as a Vega test bench. I have uncrompressed the image with 7z and then I have used HDD Raw Copy to copy the image file to the HDD. I have another motherboard but is an old 775 with built in GPU (G41 Chipset). It is preferable to use the 775 with built in GPU instead of the 1366 one?
All AMD hardware after Polaris need displaycore enabled to boot in gfx environment, due to Vega being superior ASIC you can boot headless as an option. It will boot properly without any display attached. We have disabled Displaycore support because otherwise the first GPU that has attached monitor will suffer some hash loss. But if needed it will be returned in image.

Hello, I have sucessfully booted headless with the autoconf.txt in the small partition. Is there any tutorial for configuring the system for Team Red Miner and Vegas for use them with Monero? Since I have not found so much information regarding Monero pools, etc.

Regards.

Mariano.
Activity: 2
Awesome work you guys are doing keep it up Wink

Regards.

Mariano.
Hello,

Regards.

Mariano.
Hello,

Regards.

Mariano.
Hello,

Regards.

Mariano.
# 08. July 2019 Update agent

* Updated agent to 2.7.17
* Added support for per GPU invalid shares in Ethminer, TT-Miner, Claymore and Phoenix miner
* Prepared geolocated download locations for miners (higher download speed from non EU countries)
There weren’t any updates on agent side for July yet.
copper member
Activity: 48
What happened on July 3 update? Power usage just spiked quite a bit. Didn’t make any changes at all to the rigs recently
27. June 2019 - Added NVME support for reimage and expand

Update mmp-base.
Added `mmp register YOUR-RIG-CODE` command as final option if dashboard or autoconf.txt failed.
Added support for NVME devices in reimage and expand commands for mmp cli.
Added support for 3rd party drivers via package mmp-addin-drivers.
Updated linux kernel to 4.19.56 for unstable variant
Possible fix for amdgpu and H81/H110 chipsets in unstable variant.
Added mmp-addin-drivers package to latest base 2.7.54.
For now it only adds support for  Tplink archer t4u (rtl8812au) usb wifi.
If you come up with unsupported device, please let us know so we can add it to this package.
Thank you!
I'm having issues witih mmpos mining Swap with GrinProMiner for AMD - is  anyone using this setup with success?

The error I get is "wrong hash or very old" for the Swap Micropool but I'm also not getting shares on HeroMiners pool either.

Does mmpos support Swap on AMD?
Hi, we support the miner but there is no actual option to switch to XWP, according to devs it should switch automatically.
EDIT: Fixed support for GrinPro, with their attempt to fix miner for another mining distro, they broke our support.
# 19. June 2019 Update agent + dashboard

This update is in preparation of full FPGA support, we are starting with SQRL Acorn's.
It currently only displays basic information, but we are working hard on multiple miner support, which enables us to allows us to show hashrate of acorns too.

This release is also the first public Windows agent version. We plan to release agent updates for windows and mmpOS (linux) together.

* Updated agent to 2.7.16
* Fixed AMD Radeon VII overclocking in some cases
* Added memory detection for AMD Radeon VII
* Improved SmartTune for AMD Vega with hynix memory
* Added support for basic details display of Acorn FPGA in agent and dashboard
Activity: 45
With great power comes great OS!
# 17. June 2019 - Base partial rewrite and OpenCL lib update for unstable

* Update mmp-base.
`mmp update` and `mmp upgrade` are now smarter. System updates are now a bit faster due to less loops executed.
Driver upgrades now only trigger if there are actual available upgrades.
In case of available driver update you will be asked to confirm actual upgrade process.
System will automatically restart only on kernel change.
After successful driver upgrade you will now be asked to reboot, not forced.
* Added `mmp sysinfo` option which exports running and latest versions for 3rd party integrations.
* Various small fixes and cleanups.
* Updated OpenCL to 19.20 for unstable variant
Activity: 18
my first post here on this forum but a long time reader, been using mmpOS for about a month now and i am super happy with how stable it is!
just set it and forget it.
Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: