Pages:
Author

Topic: [Mining OS] mmpOS - easy to use linux/windows platform for mining. - page 7. (Read 5132 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

Hello, the grayed ones are the settings of the GPU.
Using teamredminer with —cn_config 16+15 and Vega64 Red Devil
[/quote]

AMD memori tweak under this used?
Activity: 652
Merit: 266
Some CN/r results

please tell me what settings you have achieved this result?
Hello, the grayed ones are the settings of the GPU.
Using teamredminer with —cn_config 16+15 and Vega64 Red Devil
Activity: 31
# 27. March 2019 Update agent + dashboard

* Updated agent to 2.7.4
* Added support for miniZ equihash miner
* Fixed small bug related to some AMD cards
* Removed AMD Vega Memory Voltage settings, its disabled for most vendors anyways and just causes problems
25. March 2019 Update dashboard
Optimized gpu config screen, show only supported columns to save space, renamed OC to config and highlight the button
Optimized gpu info popup, show only supported columns, display fan mode and gpu temperature override
Optimized gpu config dialog, display temperature override/fan mode only if fan management is enabled
Added discord and telegram url to homescreen

Thank you for choosing MMP OS!
Some CN/r results

# 22. March 2019 Update agent + dashboard

We changed a lot in the internals of the agent. One change which has been added is, that AMD overclocking now shortly stops mining before applying changes.
This should help with some crashes caused by overclocking and running miner.

We also completly redesigned the overclocking dialog within the dashboard. Its now better optimized for mobile and also lets the user choose
which parameters should be touched by the agent and which one should be left alone. You also have the choice of using the sliders or text input.

Another change is that we switched servers for downloading miner software, which allows us to check if a redownload of an already existing file on the rig is actually needed or not.
Old server is still used as fallback.

* Updated agent to 2.7.2
* Optimized overclocking on AMD
* Optimized vega smart tune
* Added possibility to enable hardware/bios based fan management per AMD GPU
* You now can override per GPU the targetTemperature to use. You still need to enable fan-management on your rig.
* Added new main server for miner download + fallback + reduced need to redownload
* Optimized miner management, to support multiple miners in the future
* Redesigned overclocking dialog in dashboard
* Optimized coin selection in dashboard
Introducing - Frankenstein rig v1.0.0

With that given we are proud to announce support in stable for All AMD generations past Tahiti!

Small note: Since Tahiti(HD79xx) don't support powerplay it is advised to use them bios modded.
Supported miners update list: 08.03.2019
GrinPro v1.2
sgminer-fancyx v5.6.1-86f77c77
ccminer-mtp v1.1.14
ccminer v2.3.1
z-enemy v1.28
xmr-stak v2.9.0.1
xmr-stak-cuda8 v2.7.0
xmrig-nvidia v2.14.0
xmrig-amd v2.14.0
wildrig-multi v0.15.4
teamredminer v0.3.10
sgminer-uni v5.6
phoenixminer v4.1c
lolminer-equihash v0.7.1
gminer v1.35
ewbf-equihash v0.6
dstm-zec v0.6.2
claymore-zec v12.6
claymore-dual v12.0
claymore-cryptonote v11.3
cast_xmr v1.7.1
bminer v15.2.0
cryptodredge v0.17.0
t-rex v0.9.2

Soon to be expected custom miners and secondary miner.
# 02. March 2019 Update agent + dashboard

* Updated agent to 2.7.0
* Optimized overclocking for AMD vega
* Added support for AMD Vega 56/64 smart tune of timings (samsung memory only)
* Added Vega memory vendor/type detection
* Streamlined smart tune. Now only off, auto, low, med and high.
* Added display of asic (amd) and hbm2 (amd vega) temperatures to dashboard
* Fix for AMD dpm state detection on mixed rigs
* Optimized power usage of AMD cards if mining is disabled

CHANGELOG: 17.02.2019

Added new driver variant: radeon7
To enable type: mmp set-variant radeon7 && mmp upgrade
Upgraded linux kernel to 4.19.23 on unstable and radeon7 variants.
Small bug fixes and UI enhancements.

CHANGELOG 13.02.2019

Introducing: Smart tune factor, where you can adjust your NVIDIA tune without losing stability!
Start work on Radeon Vega Smart Tune.
Introducing Ryzen+NVIDIA full support - in order for your beloved NVIDIA to work on Ryzen family motherboards once you boot you need to edit ~/settings.ini and set
MEM_ENCRYPT_OFF=1
If you happen to have FM2 motherboard and is not booting with more than 2 GPUs at a time, boot with just one, edit ~/settings.ini and set
IOMMU_SOFT=1
There are plenty of options that we haven't fully explaind, if you have specific needs, don't hesitate to contact us on discord or telegram!
Introducing driver variant "Highly Experimental". Uses linux kernel 5.0, NVIDIA driver 418.30 and ROCm OpenCL.
To migrate to it just type
mmp update && mmp set-variant hiexp && mmp upgrade
You can always return back to any other profile by typing
mmp set-variant your-variant
Supported variants currently are:

Stable - mmp set-variant stable - boot default, uses linux kernel 4.18.20, NVIDIA 410 driver series and OpenCL 18.10 for Polaris, 18.40 for Vega.
Unstable - mmp set-variant unstable - uses linux kernel 4.18.20, NVIDIA 415 driver series and OpenCL 18.10 for Polaris, 18.40 for Vega.
Experimental - mmp set-variant exp - uses linux kernel 4.20.1, NVIDIA 415 driver series and OpenCL 18.10 for Hawaii(full support of AMD Hawaii family - 290,390).
Highly Experimental - mmp set-variant hiexp - uses linux kernel 5.0.0, NVIDIA 418 driver series and ROCm OpenCL 2.1( Suitable only for Radeon Vega family )
Legacy - mmp set-variant legacy - uses linux kernel 4.18.20, NVIDIA 390 driver series and OpenCL 18.10 for Polaris, 18.40 for Vega( Suitable for Older NVIDIA family - Maxwell, Kepler )

Show ASIC and HBM2 temperature in cli console.
You can see step-by-step writing image to USB/SSD/HDD in discord #faq
Don't forget to join https://discord.gg/P5J6Z5h

All miners are auto updated and you don't have to do anything, you can set static version if you don't want auto updates!

anyone tested grin pro miner speed under linux for amd?
Yes it works good.
2gps for 580s and 3+gps for Vega56/64.
Activity: 161
Merit: 10
anyone tested grin pro miner speed under linux for amd?
CHANGELOG 31.01.2019

We are proud to announce MMP NVIDIA Smart Tune, which gives all NVIDIA Pascal GPUs a small ethereum/cryptonight/grin boost in hashrate.
During our long development period we have managed to detect memory vendor of NVIDIA gpu and report it to our dashboard for your information and clock configuration.
So here are some results we have managed to gather:

* 1060 3GB Hynix *
UBIQ mining from 19.8MH to 23.9MH with smart tune enabled.

* 1060 6GB Micron *
UBIQ mining from 23.1MH to 23.8MH with smart tune enabled.

* 1060 6GB Samsung *
UBIQ mining from 24.4MH to 25.1MH with smart tune enabled.

* 1070 8GB Micron *
UBIQ mining from 31MH to 31.5MH with smart tune enabled.

* 1080 and 1080Ti *
Results are similar to OhGodAnEnlargementPill but we made small improvement and should get a boost of ~0.5%.

We will submit more bench results when we gather enough data to compare between stock and tuned.

----

Important MMP base update:
We now support restore.txt as one time hostname/password setup/restore.

----

CHANGELOG 27.01.2019

Updated agent to version 2.5.5
Added support for GrinPro miner for both AMD and NVIDIA 6+ GPUs
Added additional support for allium, lyra2Zz, lyra2rev3 with sgminer-fancyx for AMD.
Started initial work on MMP Smart NVIDIA tune where all NVIDIA Pascal get tuned if memory is being used. Expected ethash hashrate increase ~1/2% for Samsung and Micron ones. Expected ethash hashrate increase ~15% for Hynix 3G/6G NVIDIA GPUs.

Activity: 7
I've been using this for about a month or so and really like it. I've never mined before. I got interested after buying some Whalesburg tokens and watching their progress with their mining pool made me want to learn more. So, I bought a GPU for an old PC and tried a few different mining operating systems before being advised by an experienced miner to try this one so I did.

Out of all those I tried I liked this, particularly as the telegram group is populated by really helpful, nice people, even to the point of improving my BIOS to get the most out of it. I've now added a second card :-)

It is very easy to get up and running, just download the disk image, shove it on a USB then boot with a config file from the website, where you just configure any pools/mining choices. The tweaking of the overclocking stuff works really well, and others have said it's the only OS that actually works properly to set the voltage (I set all my initial settings as per advice from the telegram group).

I went from never having done any mining, to watching my pool profits come in, in literally no time (admittedly, I'm a software developer which probably helps). I'd thought it would be a lot more complex to be honest and I can't actually see how anyone could make it any easier.

I've been using the latest update for 24 hours, and only whilst here writing this have I read about the new mmp tool which is really nice having just tried it, and the existing debugme tool is simple but brilliant.

Jeremy
PS The combination with this and Whalesburg is all I need. If anyone wants to try Whalesburg pool (here is an on-going comparison with this and other pools https://mirelle.io/whalesburg-easy-to-use-profit-switching-pool/) feel free to use my referral code which is BLQ0 (see https://whalesburg.com/?p=BLQ0) if you don't have any of their tokens as I think you'll get a better income.
Activity: 4
New version released: mmp-2.6.8_public_beta

CHANGELOG

Added new tool - mmp!

>>  Usage 'mmp set-variant' to set image driver base variant, 'mmp set-variant help' for more info
>>  Usage 'mmp set-name' to set your rig new hostname
>>  Usage 'mmp update' to initiate system update process  - Proceed with CAUTION!
>>  Usage 'mmp upgrade' to initiate system upgrade process  - Proceed with CAUTION!
>>  Usage 'mmp netconf' to initiate network configuration  - Proceed with CAUTION!
>>  Usage 'mmp swap --add | --remove' adds or removes swapfile to your MMP system
>>  Usage 'mmp expand' to expand your MMP ROOT filesystem  - Proceed with CAUTION!
>>  Usage 'mmp reset --soft | --hard' --soft deletes /mmp-config/config.json, --hard resets miners and ssh keys too  - WARNING - DANGEROUS!!!
>>  Usage 'mmp force-reboot' issues sysrq hardreset to system - WARNING - DANGEROUS!!!
>>  Usage 'mmp help' or 'mmp -h' to repeat this message

Upgraded base layout system.
Reduced EFI partition to 256MB.

Important change - autoconf.txt no longer provided within vfat partition, you can now safely copy newly generated one from dashboard!

Added simple FTP server pointing to /mmp-config directory. You can backup your configs via FTP now.
Activity: 2
This is the first mining OS that was able to actually set voltages for Polaris cards. I tried a lot of alternatives and they were not able to suit my needs. You can switch to different algos with the most recent mining software in no time.
The Telegram community is very active and the devs are working 24/7 to provide new features and support the users.

Definitely worth trying.
Pages:
Jump to: