Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 148. (Read 835515 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Trying to mine a neoscrypt coin, and no matter what miner I do, it keeps spitting the same errors

-a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://pool.bsod.pw:2147 -u ETSBeYkFWVx8CaSvhAs64bLB4M7Yqmnxz7

[2018-05-27 16:58:59] NVML GPU monitoring enabled.
[2018-05-27 16:58:59] 3 miner threads started, using 'neoscrypt' algorithm.
/root/xminer.sh: line 76: 30161 Illegal instruction $MINER_PATH $MINER_OPTIONS
Miner ended/crashed. Restarting miner in 10 seconds --------------
============ Starting Miner ===============
*** ccminer 2.2.5 for nVidia GPUs by tpruvot@github ***
Built with the nVidia CUDA Toolkit 8.0 64-bits
Originally based on Christian Buchner and Christian H. project
Include some kernels from alexis78, djm34, djEzo, tsiv and krnlx.
BTC donation address: 1AJdfCpLWPNoAMDfHF1wD5y8VgKSSTHxPo (tpruvot)
[2018-05-27 16:59:16] Starting on stratum tcp://pool.bsod.pw:2147
[2018-05-27 16:59:16] NVML GPU monitoring enabled.
[2018-05-27 16:59:16] 3 miner threads started, using 'neoscrypt' algorithm.
/root/xminer.sh: line 76: 3611 Illegal instruction $MINER_PATH $MINER_OPTIONS

I have tried every variant of CCMiner.  I've tried setting the intensity.  I have no issues mining equihash with ewbf or x16s with enemy.

Plz halp.
Activity: 31
Merit: 1
Hello,

I'm trying to set up my smos miners and it boots fine wih one card but as soon I add the other cards: problems! Refuses to work and restarts itself over and over and suddenly the USB stick gets corrupted and I have to flash it again.
Anyone had the same problem?

(10 Nvidia 1060 per Rig)

Activity: 1
Like proper undervolting and power consumption, better support when you contact them by email.

Its SIMPLE - UIX Element in app better than nano-element from browser, no capcha, maybe better programing miner parametrs.

I am happy with the support,they answer fast, and may not be very deep in explanations, but you can ask again, and again, and get quick response. Go in the chat, get Mirelle, and start one team viewer, ask for help directly, if you don't need it often, they will not decline. If you know so little about mining, that you need support and help all the time, don't expect them to give you round breaking support and resource, as if it was a million dollar contract for 2$ per rig per month.

Undervolting is good, at least for AMD RX, I don't have Nvidia, but I see it is the same possibility. Speaking from experience, for RX5XX and maybe 4XX cards, you do not need separated undervolting for each card. I have different RX580s, and they hold sifferent OC to memory, others give better MH/s with different core OC, so each different GPU has its own OC sweet spot, and SMOS allow me to do that. Undervolting is only one value, but if one card out of 8 cannot hold 800, you can set the whole rig to Core Undervolting 820- the difference in Watts is nothing. A 6GPU RX580 8GB RIG with OC set to have each GPU mine at 30MH/s on ETH is configured at Core Undervolting 950 in SMOS. This RIG consumes ~940W from the wall. Now the same RIG with the same settings, apart from Core Undervolting to 810 consumes..... you guessed it-940W from the wall.

There were issues with the Group command lines earlier this year, now this is fixed, many things are fixed, and some small details will be coming, I believe. As far as separate FAN lowest % and Target Temperature, there could be some point in doing this, but still, if you sacrifice a card that can be cooled fine at 50% FAN, by setting it to 60%, just because the hottest GPU needs 60%, it is not a bug deal for me. You are always running similar card models on one motherboard, so the difference, if any, would be s.th like my example.

I have been using SMOS since January, and I have been very happy with the fact how much easier, simple , and good for mining is, compared to Windows. Yes Windows is free, but 2$ per rig per month, calculated for a standard 6 X RX470/570/480/580 is about 6 hours mining to pay, at the given time of the comment. Windows is not free, but for miners, I believe it is.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Hi Titanick

Telegram notifications stopped working
Thanks for reporting. It is fixed now. Sorry for problem.
Activity: 2
Hi Titanick

Telegram notifications stopped working
Activity: 32
Quote from: vadimtt722
@vadimtt722
@vadimtt722

So I put this in my script    

Code:
--config /home/miner/config.txt --amd /home/miner/amd.txt --currency intense -o stratum+tcp://pool.fakepoolfakecoin.com:7777 -u walletaddressgoeshere -p x

it created the file, I edited the file with PuTTy, now do I have to leave
Code:
--config /home/miner/config.txt --amd /home/miner/amd.txt
in my script once I have created it, edited it, and saved it, or can that be removed after you load the miner once to create the file? Leaving it in the script won't make it like redownload/replace the edited amd.txt with a non-edited or something?

For now, I left the script like
Code:
--config /home/miner/config.txt --amd /home/miner/amd.txt --currency intense -o stratum+tcp://pool.fakepoolfakecoin.com:7777 -u walletaddressgoeshere -p x
and reloaded the miner, a couple cards didn't want to work right so I powered down the system and powered it back up and hash rate went from 5200 H/s to 6811.3 H/s!

Thank you!

Hey my friend. You helped me run two threads in SMOS using xmr-stak-v2.4.3 awhile back.

The above was info you gave me so you might remember me.

Anyways, I have been able to run this great since then. Thank you. I have a new question though. So, I have two rigs and I wanted to swap to a new coin with one of the rigs and the new coin doesn't want to run two threads, the new coin is a different script.
I didn't edit any files or anything I just changed the SMOS script, I put --config /home/miner/config.txt --amd /home/miner/amd.txt at the front of the script of the new coin but the miner just crashes and reloads.

My old coin that uses another script looks like this

Code:
--config /home/miner/config.txt --amd /home/miner/amd.txt --currency intense -o stratum+tcp://pool.fakepool.com:7777 -u fakewalletaddress -p x

So I thought I could do the same with the new coin using a different currency algo but it wont load.

Code:
--config /home/miner/config.txt --amd /home/miner/amd.txt --currency sumokoin -o stratum+tcp://pool.fakepool.com:7777 -u fakewalletaddress -p x

Now if I remove the --config /home/miner/config.txt --amd /home/miner/amd.txt it will work, but it will only use 1 thread, the hashrate is low.

Code:
--currency sumokoin -o stratum+tcp://pool.fakepool.com:7777 -u fakewalletaddress -p x

The above script works, but 1 thread/low hashrate.

Is it because I already have a config.txt or amd.txt file and its for a different algo? (intense algo, new one is sumokoin algo)

Do I need to create a new file like amdsumo.txt and edit it and then use the below script?

Code:
--config /home/miner/config.txt --amd /home/miner/amdsumo.txt --currency sumokoin -o stratum+tcp://pool.fakepool.com:7777 -u fakewalletaddress -p x

The errors I'm getting are like this.

'h' - hashrate
'r' - results
'c' - connection
-------------------------------------------------------------------
[2018-05-25 22:26:32] : Mining coin: sumokoin
WARNING: NVIDIA Unable to query number of CUDA devices!
[2018-05-25 22:26:32] : WARNING: backend NVIDIA disabled.
[2018-05-25 22:26:32] : Compiling code and initializing GPUs. This will take a while...
[2018-05-25 22:26:33] : Device 0 work size 8 / 32.
[2018-05-25 22:26:33] : Error CL_INVALID_BUFFER_SIZE when calling clCreateBuffer to create hash scratchpads buffer.
[2018-05-25 22:26:33] : WARNING: AMD device not found
[2018-05-25 22:26:33] : WARNING: backend AMD (OpenCL) disabled.
[2018-05-25 22:26:33] : ERROR: No miner backend enabled.
h

But like I said if I remove the --config /home/miner/config.txt --amd /home/miner/amd.txt or --config /home/miner/config.txt --amd /home/miner/amdsumo.txt then it works fine, no errors, no miner crash... it just uses 1 thread.
Activity: 44

will be nice to see how much of the fee is comsume per rig or see how much time is online per mont each rig or a group
edit:
Cmon guys really? app for mobile ? is wining cmon we really need more the logs and crash reports....
Historical data is something that needs totally different design.
Right now i do not expect to make that.
But i am in deed monitoring from some time how much $ was taken by each rig from account.

Also keep in mind that my calculation process of fee is very easy and non-greedy.

ok thx bro, i just need the info about the fee is because i have some rigs from clients and i want to see how much i need to charge then for that, and the logs i see the problem but at least the crash log will be nice and we can under clock just the one gpu thx dude
Activity: 9
Hello,

In my opinion the most important is stable rigs performance and only after that we can speak about fancy app for ios or android.
The most critical things what I see now are:
1. Not working well undervolting for AMD VGA at least for rx470;
2. Not working well core OC for Nvidia VGA at least for gtx 1070;
3. Rigs get off and cannot reboot need physically conduct  power off/on.

Lets start from serious things!!!
Unfort all these fixes are not included in voting list Sad

Bogas

This +1
Activity: 3
Hello,

In my opinion the most important is stable rigs performance and only after that we can speak about fancy app for ios or android.
The most critical things what I see now are:
1. Not working well undervolting for AMD VGA at least for rx470;
2. Not working well core OC for Nvidia VGA at least for gtx 1070;
3. Rigs get off and cannot reboot need physically conduct  power off/on.

Lets start from serious things!!!
Unfort all these fixes are not included in voting list Sad

Bogas
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Hi Tytanick, thanks for keep updating this awesome OS.
About the poll I think I need to vote too many features Tongue
IMHO its very needed:
- OC profiles
- Any kind of tweak to update miners fasters. Its a bit annoying every claymore update, or just adding new coin miner write command line it if from 0.
- Public IP info
- Identifying GPUs position in motherboard slot <--- This is an awesome idea. When you got a lot of rigs and are trying to repair one riser in the middle of the hell of all rigs heat, this would help a lot.
regards

Everything from that list i want to implement in simplemining so sooner or later all of those should be implemented.
But it is better ti implement most wanted features first. Thats what this vote poll is for.
Ofcourse this does not mean that i will do only that list from the top.
The Iphone/Android app needs new team which i want to create but it will need some time.
And before App we need to make API first anyway.
Still i know what is most important for ALL people and not only for those who are writing email  Smiley
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
UPDATE:
Emails about RODO implementation in Privacy Policy are sent to all users.
Full info is here: https://simplemining.net/page/privacy-policy
Mostly it is some legal stuff and nothing changes accualy.
Users needs to be informed about What is uses their data and what You can do with this data Smiley
Anyway we are colecting only crucial informations to make it work so accualy it is email, password as strong hash and public ip from where you logged in.
Nothing special. We also do not use any ads on our website and sell any informations to anyone.
Overall it is another stupid EU law which everyone needs to implement in their company.
The same was with cookies that user needs to be informed that website uses cookies ... Really ? ... Without them advanced websites cannot work at all lol ....
Activity: 81
Hi Tytanick, thanks for keep updating this awesome OS.

About the poll I think I need to vote too many features Tongue

IMHO its very needed:

- OC profiles
- Any kind of tweak to update miners fasters. Its a bit annoying every claymore update, or just adding new coin miner write command line it if from 0.
- Public IP info
- Identifying GPUs position in motherboard slot <--- This is an awesome idea. When you got a lot of rigs and are trying to repair one riser in the middle of the hell of all rigs heat, this would help a lot.

regards
Activity: 75
I noticed a lot of people ask questions here that go unanswered or take forever to be answered. So I created an unofficial smOS discord for people to get faster help and hopefully learn new things. Please be a contributing member in some way or get kicked. I dislike people that take and take and never give back.
Let's help each other and grow.

https://discord.gg/ezN8GPa
Activity: 11
Like proper undervolting and power consumption, better support when you contact them by email.

Its SIMPLE - UIX Element in app better than nano-element from browser, no capcha, maybe better programing miner parametrs.
Activity: 9
Activity: 115
I don't understand why people need an Android or iOS app.  What's wrong with native web browser access?  A native app would most likely have less functionality and would split dev resources between web and app.  Personally I'd rather see the dev hours go into real features Sad
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Hi Titanic
After update in change miner miner options is replaced to default value!!!
I worked for you for 1 hour  Wink

It was always like that, if you are chaning miner then i cannot put your old values.
That would be not good if you are changing from claymore to bminer and the options would be placed from previous claymore.

But, i think that i can do at least than the options are copied when you are changing miner FROM THE SAME miner group.
So if you will change claymore 11.1 to 11.2 11.3 etc .... I will write it down do to.
Now as they are in groups, it would be possible to make Smiley

will be nice to see how much of the fee is comsume per rig or see how much time is online per mont each rig or a group
edit:
Cmon guys really? app for mobile ? is wining cmon we really need more the logs and crash reports....
Historical data is something that needs totally different design.
Right now i do not expect to make that.
But i am in deed monitoring from some time how much $ was taken by each rig from account.

Also keep in mind that my calculation process of fee is very easy and non-greedy.
I do not take 2$ upfront for whole month as soon as you turn on rig Smiley
My current calculations are:

When your rig is online then i am taking
24 hours * 30 days = 720 hours in a month
2$*1/720 every hour - so total 2$ per whole month.
But if rig is offline for more than 24 hours then fee for next hours is stopped for that rig.
So basically i am charging hourly 1/720 part of 2$ but only if rig was online for the last 24 hours.
When i will become more greedy then i could ofcourse change this Tongue But right now i am not planning this.
Also most features that will be in simplemining should be free.
Some extra features like API and smartphone app that uses it might be charged extra but i will decide after making it.
It depends how much impact it will have on whole system. If not big then it will be free. If it will generate big costs then it will be paid extra.
Still extra means 0,2-0,4$ per rig per month for only those which are using it.
Right now it is just a thought. It depends on many factors.

Anyway....
iphone/Android app is winning in vote ? Smiley Really ?
That just made my day harder Cheesy
Still lets just see for few days if this will be still on top.
Before doing smartphone app we will need to do API first anyway.
Activity: 44

edit:

Activity: 2
UPDATE v1175 and new miner
new vote poll with TO-DO list, please vote and tell us what is most important for you Smiley
reading dual mining stats from new bminer
added bminer-v8.0.0
added ethminer-v0.14.0

Hi Titanic
After update in change miner miner options is replaced to default value!!!
I worked for you for 1 hour  Wink
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
UPDATE v1175 and new miner
new vote poll with TO-DO list, please vote and tell us what is most important for you Smiley
reading dual mining stats from new bminer
added bminer-v8.0.0
added ethminer-v0.14.0
Jump to: