Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 153. (Read 835515 times)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Yeah, the alot of settings are tied together on the MSI board.  If the 4G is enabled, UEFI is automatically enabled as well and it won't let you independently switch the UEFI to Legacy Mode.  If 4G is disabled, legacy mode is available, but then there is a 4 GPU limit.
glad to see I'm not the only one who has ran into this issue lol!
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Yeah, the alot of settings are tied together on the MSI board.  If the 4G is enabled, UEFI is automatically enabled as well and it won't let you independently switch the UEFI to Legacy Mode.  If 4G is disabled, legacy mode is available, but then there is a 4 GPU limit.
Hoping someone can help me out with a UEFI boot issue using SMOS.

I've created a SMOS usb drive using etcher.  But my motherboard defaults to UEFI mode when I enable 4G decoding.  The SMOS usb drive I created will not boot under UEFI.  I'm trying to find out how to create a UEFI bootable SMOS usb drive.  Any help would be great, thanks!

i think is better you activate the legacy mode on your mobo bios and let it boot normal, what is the model of your motherboard ?
Most Likely he has an MSI board. The newer ones must have 4g encoding enabled if you want to use more than 4 cards. The problem is SMOS is not UEFI and it needs to be in order to boot with 4g encoding enabled. Not sure if its a MSI motherboard issue or SMOS problem. Either way the easiest fix would be if Tytanic would make SMOS UEFI just like ETHOS is.

so you cant activate 4g and legacy boot? are you sure of that? i just got asus 270 and a msi carboon so no experience whit newest msi...
Pretty Sure, Usually once you enable 4g encoding The system doesn't even see the flash drive or ssd as a boot option anymore. I gave up on using MSI board to mine with for the most part, I prefer Gigabyte or Biostar. However on the Few MSI boards I have had experience with ETHOS works flawless with them. 
Activity: 44

I've created a SMOS usb drive using etcher.  But my motherboard defaults to UEFI mode when I enable 4G decoding.  The SMOS usb drive I created will not boot under UEFI.  I'm trying to find out how to create a UEFI bootable SMOS usb drive.  Any help would be great, thanks!

i think is better you activate the legacy mode on your mobo bios and let it boot normal, what is the model of your motherboard ?
Most Likely he has an MSI board. The newer ones must have 4g encoding enabled if you want to use more than 4 cards. The problem is SMOS is not UEFI and it needs to be in order to boot with 4g encoding enabled. Not sure if its a MSI motherboard issue or SMOS problem. Either way the easiest fix would be if Tytanic would make SMOS UEFI just like ETHOS is.

so you cant activate 4g and legacy boot? are you sure of that? i just got asus 270 and a msi carboon so no experience whit newest msi...
I'm using a MSI H310-F Pro Mining Board with 13 pci-e slots

Activity: 44

I've created a SMOS usb drive using etcher.  But my motherboard defaults to UEFI mode when I enable 4G decoding.  The SMOS usb drive I created will not boot under UEFI.  I'm trying to find out how to create a UEFI bootable SMOS usb drive.  Any help would be great, thanks!

I've created a SMOS usb drive using etcher.  But my motherboard defaults to UEFI mode when I enable 4G decoding.  The SMOS usb drive I created will not boot under UEFI.  I'm trying to find out how to create a UEFI bootable SMOS usb drive.  Any help would be great, thanks!
Activity: 59
Merit: 11
Hello
my rig cant connect to simplemining
i check the internet connection
download latest iso
but still cant connect
my rig work truely about 1 year but still have problem

After you downloaded latest smOS ISO, did you update your email address in the config.txt file on the USB drive to match your simplemining.net logon info?
What is the exact error you are getting?
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
UPDATE v1166 and new miner
added miner dstm-v0.6.1
added miner ravencoin-miner-v2.6 (as requested in vote poll Smiley
faster stats reporting after reload/reboot
improved Nvidia fanspeed script
improved reboot script to show in dashboard info that rig is rebooting
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Do you guys have any affiliate system?
No, we do not plan any referall system, any discount system.
Those things are not needed for now. I will think about them when we will have most features done.
Right now there are much more wanted features that i want to implement first before i will start doing more not needed features Smiley
copper member
Activity: 46
Join us https://spool.cloud
Do you guys have any affiliate system?
Activity: 14
Could you please update to latest dstm miner shows 2% increase in performance
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
Could someone tell me how can I set different clocks for r9/390 and r9/270 clocks on the same rig the 270 cant handle 390 clocks and the 390 sucks with 270 clocks
Activity: 5
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
UPDATE:
- added z-enemy-v1.09a
- added bminer-v7.0.0
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
Last night I attempted to change the Claymore miner version for my machines.  Had issues.  Finally got 2 of my rigs back online, but the 3rd one will not come back online.  I am running the latest Claymore, but SM says it cannot find any GPU's.  These are R390's.  I downloaded yet another copy of the SMOS and still same behavior.  I started pulling this box apart and removed all but one GPU and still same behavior.  Posted the question in chat last night and no help at all. 

Any ideas why a machine that has been running for a long time suddenly cannot find the R390 gpu's in SMOS? 
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
SHOP SRR/EB NEWS:
This is regarding our SHOP ONLY !
We decided to leave BitPay payment processor and delete from our shop.
Recently they made changes in their system that is very difficult for many users.
They are using special protocol which is supported by only few wallets....

But, now we succesfully integrated CoinGate  payemnt gateway with ability to pay with many cryptos !
Bitcoin, Ethereum, ETC, ZEC, LTC and many others Smiley
And ofcourse you can pay via PayPal as well as usual.

We also using UPS shipping which is so far good and cheaper in bigger weights than DHL.

Extension Boards and SimpleRigResetters are fully in stock ! Smiley
Activity: 14
Has anyone had the problem where after they turn their rig or rigs to a different coin and reboot, 1 or more of their rigs go offline?

I have also experienced this thought it was network issues as no ome else complained about that. Happened mostly when changing to ravencoin so I thought the algorithm killed my network speed
Jump to: