Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 224. (Read 835509 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
So my rig stopped mining, and it seemed to have nothing to do with the server being down.

I decided to hook a monitor to my rig to see if could find out anything. And after booting the SMOS displays this message over and over "There is no screen attached matching miner".
Any ideas what this really means?
Mostly it means that system cant find any GPU or process didnt started.
IF you have one gpu then check if it is connected, meaby something unplugged ?
Or it could be problem with riser.
You can enter command: lspci
that will list your devices. Check if you will see AMD or NVIDIA there.

Thx for answer.
I tried different risers/cards, and tried running only 1 card to, with the same result.
I also booted on an Ubuntu pendrive and checked lspci command, and GPU shows up. Monitor is connected through GPU to, all works fine.

It's strange. The rig had been working fine for weeks, until I decided to reduce power limit to the same as my Win 10 rig with similar Nvidia 1070TI gpus, then it started acting strange with sudden adjustments to core clocks causing the rig to sometimes freeze(I posted about this a page or two back). It could be running perfectly fine for a few hours, then it suddenly clocked up by itself and froze.

Could it be something wrong with the SMOS config causing it to not start up properly? Perhaps I should do a fresh install on pendrive again.

edit: Re installing/flashing OS to pendrive fixed it. Woohoo.

Ok this is getting weird. Am I getting hacked or what is going on  Huh

After reflashing SMOS my miner was perfectly stable for 2 days mining zCash.
But suddenly I saw it stop reporting to pool again and I check simplemining.net to see what's going on.
There it says it's mining cryptonight algo  Huh in the console, and the core clocks have been adjusted up a bit.
Changing rig group settings and overclocking settings have no effect now and rebooting(cold boot) does not help.

I'm reflashing OS to pendrive again to see if it helps again  Tongue
Activity: 2
Hi,
I can't assign new group to my rigs.
My internet connection is fine, rig is active on last successfully loaded miner and pool, but I want to switch to more profitable one and Im keep getting error that connection to simplemining.net timeout:

Checking connection to simplemining.net ...
Trying connect simplemining.net.... (5 second timeout) Trying 2/10
Trying connect simplemining.net.... (5 second timeout) Trying 3/10
Trying connect simplemining.net.... (5 second timeout) Trying 4/10
Trying connect simplemining.net.... (5 second timeout) Trying 5/10
Trying connect simplemining.net.... (5 second timeout) Trying 6/10
Trying connect simplemining.net.... (5 second timeout) Trying 7/10

Are you going to fix this??

https://image.ibb.co/ng6Sib/2018_01_26_111133.jpg

I'm experiencing similar things too.

Admin helped me and fix my problem
yeah! Smiley
hey what is a solution for these timeouts? I'm not able to apply new settings due to this...
Activity: 8
Hi,
I can't assign new group to my rigs.
My internet connection is fine, rig is active on last successfully loaded miner and pool, but I want to switch to more profitable one and Im keep getting error that connection to simplemining.net timeout:

Checking connection to simplemining.net ...
Trying connect simplemining.net.... (5 second timeout) Trying 2/10
Trying connect simplemining.net.... (5 second timeout) Trying 3/10
Trying connect simplemining.net.... (5 second timeout) Trying 4/10
Trying connect simplemining.net.... (5 second timeout) Trying 5/10
Trying connect simplemining.net.... (5 second timeout) Trying 6/10
Trying connect simplemining.net.... (5 second timeout) Trying 7/10

Are you going to fix this??

https://image.ibb.co/ng6Sib/2018_01_26_111133.jpg

I'm experiencing similar things too.

Admin helped me and fix my problem
yeah! Smiley
Activity: 7
@tytanick

Is it possible that you add this miner : https://www.bminer.me/? It runs much better as Dstm not only with better Rates, it use less Power then all other Miners withe better Hash Rates.

Yeah tytanick, can you please help to add bminer into your OS..
Encounter unstability with dstm miner after running for 2 hours with 12x GTX1060 .
Activity: 76
Is there anyone succesfully run 13 cars on h110 pro btc?
ıt keeps restarting after i plug 13th , it works well with 12.

Its not a socket or psu issue i tried to plug another psu and tried with another socket and riser
13.th always gives errors
Activity: 1
hi,

could you please support minergate eth on your os or guide me how to if it's already there ?

thanks in advance

And what do you mean by that ?
Do you want to mine in minergate pool ?
If yes then got o options, hoose claymore eth CUSTOM and enter your pool, user and password info.

Hi tytanick, I'm trying through a minigame pool ETH, but I have no success, I'm asking for help, which one miner (ethminer or claymore), and what options to use, for the mining ETH on minergate pool?   I tried Etheminer and Claymore but I have no success with this option:
-G -S eth.pool.minergate.com:45791 -u MYemail
Yesterday when rig didn't seem to be working, I rebooted it by unplugging the power cord (I don't have display connected so couldn't see what was going on). After that it didn't boot up automatically.

I got display hooked up, and saw that it had booted in emergency mode, and wanted me to press ctrl+d to continue booting.

Not a very nice feature if someone has remote rigs. Is there any way to skip emergency mode?
Hey Everyone.

So I see there was a fix to the Web UI showing Rigs Offline.

Still Broken on my side though, UI still shows me my rigs are offline and I cant change any Algo's.
Can anyone confirm its working correctly on their side?

Went to sleep yesterday while smos web was showing rig offline, but pool was ok. (Didn't get good night sleep)

Seems to be working now, even tried changing some overclocking settings.
Hey Everyone.

So I see there was a fix to the Web UI showing Rigs Offline.

Still Broken on my side though, UI still shows me my rigs are offline and I cant change any Algo's.
Can anyone confirm its working correctly on their side?
Activity: 7
hello every1 ,  i want  to know  that ,  how  good is   asus z270  motherboard for mining with rx 580  asus ,

further any1 can suggest which is the best motherboard with 6  slots ,  for rx 580
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
Please update xmr stake amd to v2 3
 Please please please
Activity: 12
Anyone else not being able to access Rig list?

I was so yesterday.
From the phone I can not get RigList, but was able to log in from my home PC

developer!
what could be the problem?
Now I have 4 online rigs in Dashboard
2 offline, one of which was lost on the pool and I can not find the reason!
it's 13x 1070, I'm losing money.
Activity: 50
I'm in trouble, I changed the coin I want to mine, but it only mins xmr, does not change the pool, simplemining is in trouble for days, I'm going to download hiveOS

I can't either but the pool shows I'm mining

Yes, all good with mining, but I would like to be able to access my rigs....
Activity: 23

I can't either but the pool shows I'm mining
Activity: 5
can someone help how to mine on zergpool for zcl or zen ?
Hello guys,

i have 3x 6 gpu rx 470...i flashed the cards and every rig shows 1060W from the wall. Also, when i didn't flashed the cards it showed 980W. I'm using Ubuntu and it just shows terminal when i connect monitor to rig..is there any way that i can undervolt rig like on windows with trixx or afterburner. I appreciate every advice.
Activity: 617
Merit: 253
The problem with offline dahsboard is fixed.
OVH Cloud infrastructure had problem with disk performance (the speed degraded 20 times).
They fixed this after about 1,5 hour.
Anyway i am speaking with AWS Amazon cloud providet to move there becasue OVH is .......
I am sorry for that problem. Keep in mind that all your rigs should be mining fine with last downloaded settings even if dashboard is offline.
When simplemining dahsboard is offline it is important to check your rigs statistics on pool website just to be calm.
Thanks for your patience and your support !

Hello.. today my 2 rig offline in dashboard, but worked fine on pool. 1st internet connection
1 rig on second (other) internet connection online
2 rig on 3rd (other) internet connection online too in dashboard..

Help.. it happened today any hours ago

Me too..
Activity: 20
It's not bad power, that wouldn't cause one card to flake out. It could be a bad riser, cable or the little PCIE chip that plugs into the slot. I've had bad risers that run fine for days or weeks and then all of the sudden cards will drop off.  I hate to be obvious, but have you updated the BIOS and tried to set the Gen settings for the slots etc? I have one ASUS board and the rest are ASROCK H110 pro's. The H110's are setup for mining and  fired right up,  I have 6 10 card rx580 rigs running SMOS. The ASUS board is 8 cards and was kind of a PITA to get running. Had to set everything related to PCIE to Gen1, disable SATA controller, audio controller etc. Finally it has been running for over a week. I read ton's on boards before setting up my 10 card rigs and stayed away from the B250 as it seemed to have overheating issues and just be unstable compared to the H110 or another board. Hell, I paid $129 for my Asus Z270-P and it runs 8 cards...

Thanks for your answer.

In the B250 bios there is a mining mode where everything gets set properly right away (gen1, above 4g decoding).  I turned off the audio already but I can try and turn off all the things I don't use.

Tonight I'll do that and also embark on a mission to identify the faulty riser, if any.  I don't want to run with 1 risers at a time to identify the faulty one... I guess I'll try removing them 1 by 1  instead even if it might not be as accurate (if I have 2 faulty ones).

Otherwise I already ordered a new 6 pack of risers earlier this week since I have 3 more GPUs on the way.

Make sure you aren't trying to boot with a monitor plugged into one of the mining cards on B250. Also I found that mining mode doesn't really get you exactly where you need to be. You still need to set all your pcie to gen2 enable csm(I think that's what it's called). And make sure to enable onboard video.

Thanks.

I use onboard video already.  I had to enable CSM to even be able to boot so that's the first thing I ever did.
I played around with the PCI settings.. not sure if I tried GEN2 already. 

I'll test that AND I'll start writing down everything I do otherwise I'll end up doing everything twice while forgetting other things to try Wink
Jump to: