Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 220. (Read 835515 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hello all, I don't know if this is explained but I'm not able to find it.

¿Is there any way to ask SMOS about the actual total Speed through ssh?

Thanks
Activity: 11
Gpu fan speed 65% all the time even with the speed set to 100%@ SMOS , 10xMSI GTX1060 2XGIGABYTE GTX1060
Activity: 162
I almost do not know which GPU is. However SMOS has one good feature.
In SMOS, Usually let's say GPU X is always GPU X.
In the window of each restart completely reseting the GPU number.
Activity: 4
Hello, since the update does not work the claymore minendo dual ETH / DCR only mine mine ETH. Does anyone feel the same?
Activity: 34
Hi,

Im renting out my rig and someone wishes to mine verge coin x17 and ive never done this before.

Im using SMOS and I believe I should use CCminer, ive managed to connect but every share is invalid, so it seems I have something setup wrong.

-a skunk -o stratum+tcp://yiimp.eu:3737 -u DB8QSXorhUNwtPes5JYw3qV7KNVYwqkqye.$seth1 -p x

Is the config I was using but didn't seem to work, please could someone post a working config for me?  Im using Nvidia cards.

Thankyou.
Activity: 127
Merit: 10
So,

Linux kernel 4.15 finally came out. And there are some changes according RX Vega support. Waiting to any updates about Vega support in SMOS-beta.
+1
Activity: 18
So,

Linux kernel 4.15 finally came out. And there are some changes according RX Vega support. Waiting to any updates about Vega support in SMOS-beta.
Activity: 8
Hello, I built my first mining rig like 2 weeks ago and I have some tuning question, but first let me share the config that I have:
- 6 AMD Sapphire RX 580 4 GB Nitro + all Elpida memory
- ROM BIOS used Anoraks_Sapphire RX580 NITRO(plus) 4GB Elpida_memshift
- Overclock settings Core 1190 Memory 2080 Undervolt 820

I am running SMOS with Claymore 10.6 and following config:

-epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal -mode 1 -mport 127.0.0.1:3333 -asm 1 -dcri 8

I am getting out of this 180 Mh/s with aprox 920 MW consumption.

I am asking if from your experience I should add/change options to improve the hash rate or I should keep it like this.

Thank you in advance
Activity: 15
Gays,

My ccminer does not mine Luxcoin (algorithm Phi)? Does anyone know how to mine in simpleming with Phi algorithm?

Tks

Try

-a phi -o stratum+tcp://pool.unimining.net:8333 -u LQH6iofaGnyHSEbBC4HGrd29v8W7BcPwzV -p c=LUX --cpu-priority=3

use the ccminer for skunk

I already tested this command on both ccminer here. None of them run the "Phi" thing.
My ccminer (simplemining) tpruvot is r2.1
Needs ccminer tpruvot r2.2 (latest version accepts "phi".

This simplemining-only update can do, correct? Or is there any way to update the ccminer for r2.2?
Activity: 70
Last hiveos update:

0.5-21 2018-01-28

Updated amdmeminfo, more accurate mem type detection
    Claymore Dual 10.6
    Claymore CryptoNote 11.2
    Ethminer 0.1.3
    NEW ccminer-alexis-1.5.3
    NEW ccminer-bcd-1.0.0
    NEW ccminer-djm34-0.3.0
    NEW ccminer-klaust-8.19
    NEW ccminer-nanashi-2.2.mod.r2
    NEW ccminer-phi-anxmod-1.0
    NEW ccminer-sp-mod-1.5.81
    NEW ccminer-tpruvot-2.2.4
    NEW ccminer-xevan-0.1
    Ccminers are now auto downloaded if used, no need for manual installation anymore
    NEW sgminer-gatelessgate 0.1.3-pre6b, Neosrypt for AMD cards
    NEW sgminer-phi 5.6.1, Phi for AMD cards
    Sgminer and Ccminer now support failover pools from the wallet

Im using sm from 1 year ago and I was very fan, but being honest, this is what SM needs..

That is why im on HiveOS
Activity: 13
Merit: 1
Hi !

Since yesterday´s update, my rig with Asrock H110 can´t detect GPU´s ( "There is no screen to be attached matching miner" )

At first after update, i saw super high temperatures on gps (kinda 500º), after that it seems motherboard doesn´t recognize gpus at SMOS start but it does at bios.

Someone with this issue? Any help?
hi guys, does anyone know about the OC for Manli P106 090 GPUS, can't seem to get the memory clock work.  would be great if anyone could help, thanks
Activity: 41
This didnt work for me:

3 Rigs are 500km away and in SM it says "offline", but its still working, i have access to the router and also see the consumption ...
In SM i see its Software RX 1142, and the network has ipv6...
It worked find up till today  Huh

PLEASE help ASAP

Please write to me at [email protected]
I would need from you ssh access to one of your rigs to check it out or team veiwer to any windows that is in the same network LAN as rigs.

Also i see that sometimes there is problme that 0,5% user having when cloudflare is changing ip addresses of my domain.
It seems that some DNS resolvers on client side are not working properly and that would be the ISP fault or client router.
Still i would like to check it.
Hi.
This router problem- I have same problem and almost made me crazy. change Router and wellaa works like a charm. dont use Asus router Smiley
Activity: 81
Last hiveos update:

0.5-21 2018-01-28

Updated amdmeminfo, more accurate mem type detection
    Claymore Dual 10.6
    Claymore CryptoNote 11.2
    Ethminer 0.1.3
    NEW ccminer-alexis-1.5.3
    NEW ccminer-bcd-1.0.0
    NEW ccminer-djm34-0.3.0
    NEW ccminer-klaust-8.19
    NEW ccminer-nanashi-2.2.mod.r2
    NEW ccminer-phi-anxmod-1.0
    NEW ccminer-sp-mod-1.5.81
    NEW ccminer-tpruvot-2.2.4
    NEW ccminer-xevan-0.1
    Ccminers are now auto downloaded if used, no need for manual installation anymore
    NEW sgminer-gatelessgate 0.1.3-pre6b, Neosrypt for AMD cards
    NEW sgminer-phi 5.6.1, Phi for AMD cards
    Sgminer and Ccminer now support failover pools from the wallet

Im using sm from 1 year ago and I was very fan, but being honest, this is what SM needs..

Activity: 102
I cant wait to the day when i will have step by step HOW TO prepare, run, debug, and all other documentation in SMOS Smiley
There are soe many the same questions that repeat itself just becasuse people dont look behind in forum.
But i get it, This forum (i mean one thread with all questions and answers scater on those 350 pages is something that i would not search Tongue)

I am still thinking if making dedicated simplemining forum would be good idea or not.
I cant do this anytime soon but i am just thinking is this the right move.
Or meaby it would be just enought to make one big help page.
Any suggestions ?

I think a dedicated forum would be good if there's a good amount of documentation that can be pinned for people to utilize, or if you have mods/support staff that'll help you troubleshoot/answer questions.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Gays,

My ccminer does not mine Luxcoin (algorithm Phi)? Does anyone know how to mine in simpleming with Phi algorithm?

Tks

Try

-a phi -o stratum+tcp://pool.unimining.net:8333 -u LQH6iofaGnyHSEbBC4HGrd29v8W7BcPwzV -p c=LUX --cpu-priority=3

use the ccminer for skunk
Hi SMOS,

Can we please get an update to ccminer 2.2.4? Here is the link - https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/releases

Thank you.
Activity: 12
I have Zotac Amp Extreme 1070ti’s in all my rigs, I usually stick to ZClassic, Zen or Zcash...equihash, what is best OC?

I had always read  +200core  +700mem was sweet spot but my sols were kinda low so I e been running past month +175 core +800mem at 115 watts originally and now 120 wats and thinking of going up on power and drop mem to +750 or +775.

Also, they will run a week or 10 days nonstop, and then one of the rigs with get a gpu is stuck, trying to restart. Is that a crash related issue or a connection issue?

I am running 4 rigs off a 240v Delta server psu and using a little Pico amp to power motherboard and two Molex connectors and SATA the Asrock 110 pro BTC requires. I’ve had a feeling these cheap little pico amps have a little bit of occasional voltage variation and is the reason I will have occasional failure maybe once a week. Was considering buying a second small ATX psu just to replace pico amp. About how many watts just for mobo and it’s 5 required plugs, ATX, cpu, 2 moles, and a SATA?
Activity: 12
Now that my rig stability problems are fixed... I have another type of problem with my network.

Basically, it appears as though my mining rig sometimes kills my router completely.

First time last week and back then I really thought the router was the problem:
My internet was down on my wifi.
So I went to check on my PC. No internet either.
I try to connect to my router (tp-link N750) and it can't be reached.
I rebooted the router. No change.
I reset the router. No change.
I connect a laptop straight to the modem: internet is up.

So I figured that the router was faulty and I went to the store to buy a new one: tp-link Archer C7.

Now I don't remember if I had turned off my rig before installing the new one... The new one worked... for a week.

Last night I got the same problems: no internet and can't even connect to the router.
But instead of trying to reboot and reset the router, I just turned off my mining rig. And voilà, everything was working again, I did not even need to restart the router.
Today I got the same problem again.  I turned off my rig and 1 minute later my network was up again.

The rig was stuck at the "Connecting to simplemining..." stage when I turned it off.

On my router admin pages I can't see any errors in the logs.

Important note: I have a switch between the router and the mining rig.  It's a basic dlink DGS-1005G.
I will try removing that switch from the setup and plug my rig directly in the routeur to see if it helps.

Any clues other then that? 

Some discussions about similar issues I found:
https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/6xkau1/simplemining_os_with_5_or_6_gtx_1070s_makes/
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethOSdistro/comments/7k49ti/ethos_and_my_network_issues/

So I have 5 rigs running with 45 1070ti total and I get exact same. It seems One will get knocked offline and then soon all of them are offline trying to connect to server even though I have perfect internet available as I monitor it on my iPad. I turn off the one that had a card stopped on past and all of the other 4 rigs instantly reconnect and go on with no downtime. I tried setting each rig up under a different miner name but no difference when it happens. Also, it has run 4 days stable no problems, suddenly like 5 crashes earlier and then stable again, I just start turning off miners till I find culprit and the rest reconnect and restart the ones I turned off. I tried using the new file of Smos for NVidia cards on a new usb, but so far seems to be real buggy, I have to unplug and Re plug my usb on startup because it says usb bad. About to reflash a drive with older file to see if it fixes that.

Vosk Coin did a livestream yesterday with a miningcave rig that came with smos already loaded and had issue with new file also so had to flash another drive with older smos file too.

One strange thing, when I lost connection earlier, I went to google overclocking setting and google made me check one of the your not a robot boxes before I could continue because it said I had unusual traffic from my connection. Earlier today I also had to change the port on my Xbox when I tested multiplayer connections after I couldn’t stay connected for a game on battlefield 1.

Sorry for rant but maybe that adds more clues, maybe traffic issue, maybe a port issue?
Is it a problem if I disable root login from ssh?    Also, if it isn't, could you set that as default in future versions and maybe trim back the sudo permissions of the miner account to the bare minimum?

Thanks for a great mining OS.   Such a relief to have a stable platform.

Edit:   I had only made it through page 360 when I asked.  Question answered somewhere between there and here.   It's ok to disable root login via ssh.   I'd still like to see it done by default as well as paring back the miner's sudo access to only the bare essentials.   And one other thing, just because you don't port forward 22 to the outside world doesn't mean you're safe.   A lot of routers have back doors and are linux based so once somebody gains access to your router they can operate on your local network from there.   Change your passwords!
Jump to: