Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 227. (Read 835509 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Hi Guys,

I'm writing this post hoping that there is someone who could help me with some answers. I'm new in mining, as you all were in the beginning so I'm still trying to find my place in the huge amount of info. Smiley

Well, I've just set up my RIG (6 x XFX RX 470 8gb) and I'm currently trying to understand if the frequencies for memory and gpu shown in the SM console are the stock frequencies of the video card or the values I see there are overclocked by SMOS? It's currently show me 1180/1950/card.

Do you have any info on this matter?
if you OC the gpus you ll see those values, if not, the stock ones.
Activity: 4
Hi Guys,

I'm writing this post hoping that there is someone who could help me with some answers. I'm new in mining, as you all were in the beginning so I'm still trying to find my place in the huge amount of info. Smiley

Well, I've just set up my RIG (6 x XFX RX 470 8gb) and I'm currently trying to understand if the frequencies for memory and gpu shown in the SM console are the stock frequencies of the video card or the values I see there are overclocked by SMOS? It's currently show me 1180/1950/card.

If you have not set any OC values in Simpleminer then yes, they are the stock clocks on the card(s).  If you load ATI winflash as well as polaris bis editor, you can save your BIOS and load it into polaris to look around at the stock values.

Hi,

Thx for the answer. The idea is that I didn't use the cards in windows before. Just installed the rig, inserted the usb with simplemining OS and that was it. This is why I was wondering if the frequencies shown in the console are the stock frequencies. I didn't change them, just wanted to know for sure that the OS does not apply any OC at all.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Someone post a working command line to mine neoscrypt with  rx 580’s
I will tip the person, I am tired of trying to get it to hash right.

Done
Activity: 10
Hi Guys,

If you have not set any OC values in Simpleminer then yes, they are the stock clocks on the card(s).  If you load ATI winflash as well as polaris bis editor, you can save your BIOS and load it into polaris to look around at the stock values.
Activity: 10
Hello guys, just a question about different GPUs in the same RIG. I read but I don't remenber when, I could use different GPU models in the same rig (always amd or Nvidia, not mixed) and I can make an individual setting for each cards but I was trying to find out that point but I didnt find any info about that. Could you please give me any link/info/guide to do it? I remember that it was quite easy but as I saud I didnt find anything ...

Thanks in advance.

Yes you can, 2 of my 7 rigs are "frankenrigs". All RX580's but some XFX cards and some Sapphire. What I do to make it easy is to flash the BIOS outside of Simpleminer and just use the fan controls in Simpleminer. This way you don't have to try and figure out which GPU is which number.

I have also put my different cards at the end of the PCI-E order and used Simpleminer to do the overclocking etc. Just boot it with stock BIOS values and from within the  Simpleminer Web consle you can see which of the cards has different clock values. Those will be the ones you want to differentiate in the overclocking settings. IE, 6 cards, 4 of one type and 2 of another, 2 differnt ones are in the last PCIE slots, 5 and 6.  In the overclock settings you would separate the values by commas, example: 1200,1200,1200,1200,1150,1150.

Hope that helps!
Activity: 2
Hello, tell me please what I'm having a problem with: I can not reload the rig from the site, and also reboot the miner. It seems that the rig is not connected with the site. Although the process of mining itself continues, restarting the rig through the outlet does not help.
Activity: 5
Hello OP.

possible to add CCminer by KlausT ?
Any one have a problem booting Biostar TB250+?
Booting from HDD and USB windows, but not seeing Simplemining at all, from any drive Sad

I had but with POST, not boot and it was due to a faulty RAM. Make sure you update your bios to the latest version and do all the recommended steps from SMOS website. It should work.
Activity: 87
Any one have a problem booting Biostar TB250+?
Booting from HDD and USB windows, but not seeing Simplemining at all, from any drive Sad
Hi Guys,

Activity: 50
I am about to lose my mind and would appreciate any help regarding the below problem  Huh

3 rigs, all same, G4400, Crucial 4GB, Asus Prime Z270-A mobo, 120gb SSD, 6 x MSI GTX1060 6GB OCV1, CM 1000w PSU - working for days (+125 core, +1700 mem, 90w)
3 rigs, all same, G4400, Crucial 4GB, MSI Z270 SLI Plus mobo, 16gb flashdisk, 6 x MSI GTX1060 Armor 6GB OCV1, CM 1000w PSU - 1 for working for days (+125 core, +1850 mem, 90w), other two is giving me headaches!

I built the systems on my own, I did the BIOS settings and checked 100+ times that they are the same, using the latest available bios, changed risers, slots, power cables etc.. 100+ times. Whatever I do, one rig continues to work flawlessly, without any restarts for days, but the other two (which are exaclty the same with the first one - even the screws) are restarting, losing GPUs (showing 4-5 instead of 6), showing irrelevant core/mem values, not applying OC etc...

I tried without OC, new USB, new risers, new everything, setting up from the beginning, flashing new os, nothing worked so far.

Whan can cause this? Everything is same to the bit for 3 rigs, they are in the same room, 1 is working, 2 is not. Appreciate any input, it has been 10 days and I need to start stable mining ASAP.
Hi, maybe a motherboard problem?
Putting on and off again and again many times the riser connectors may damage ports.
Yesterday I noticed that one of my Pci-Ex ports cause senseless heat problem to GPU.
What are the last errors of OS before rebooting?

You have bad risers.
Activity: 3
Any update to the interface problem?
Activity: 952
Merit: 156
KOL Manager and CriptoGemas CEO
Hello guys, just a question about different GPUs in the same RIG. I read but I don't remenber when, I could use different GPU models in the same rig (always amd or Nvidia, not mixed) and I can make an individual setting for each cards but I was trying to find out that point but I didnt find any info about that. Could you please give me any link/info/guide to do it? I remember that it was quite easy but as I saud I didnt find anything ...

Thanks in advance.

You can use Different GPU models but still You cannot mix AMD and NVidia Cards in one rig,

You can set the individual settings (OC) via your simple mining dashboard.

Been using SMOS for 2weeks now and no more problem on my 2 weeks mining operation.

Hey, thanks for our quick response, but I didn't know how set the different overclock values (mem & clock) for each GPU. I have x4 RX570 nitro 4 Gb and I also have x2 RX 570 4gb MSI Gaming X, so i need set a different values. Any guide or picture which show us how it is?

Thanks in advance.
Hi, I was able to do SMOS, but now I have another problem. Minendo with claymore ETH / DCR does not show statistics in supernova.cc says I'm not mining. Anyone know why?
Activity: 3
The server problem started again....
Activity: 261
Merit: 11
Campaign Manager - PM

Thanks in advance.

You can use Different GPU models but still You cannot mix AMD and NVidia Cards in one rig,

You can set the individual settings (OC) via your simple mining dashboard.

Been using SMOS for 2weeks now and no more problem on my 2 weeks mining operation.
Activity: 952
Merit: 156
KOL Manager and CriptoGemas CEO

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 1
Hi people, I was using SMOS for 3 days. I have the "WhatchDog problem" on GPU hang.

To try to "resolve" this I need to add the "-r 1" parameter to Claymore that need a additional file called "reboot.bash". Can you tell me if this file was created yet and come with SMOS? Otherwise how can I create this one (I have Putty to SSH).

Thanks in advanced!
Activity: 19
I am about to lose my mind and would appreciate any help regarding the below problem  Huh

3 rigs, all same, G4400, Crucial 4GB, Asus Prime Z270-A mobo, 120gb SSD, 6 x MSI GTX1060 6GB OCV1, CM 1000w PSU - working for days (+125 core, +1700 mem, 90w)
3 rigs, all same, G4400, Crucial 4GB, MSI Z270 SLI Plus mobo, 16gb flashdisk, 6 x MSI GTX1060 Armor 6GB OCV1, CM 1000w PSU - 1 for working for days (+125 core, +1850 mem, 90w), other two is giving me headaches!

I built the systems on my own, I did the BIOS settings and checked 100+ times that they are the same, using the latest available bios, changed risers, slots, power cables etc.. 100+ times. Whatever I do, one rig continues to work flawlessly, without any restarts for days, but the other two (which are exaclty the same with the first one - even the screws) are restarting, losing GPUs (showing 4-5 instead of 6), showing irrelevant core/mem values, not applying OC etc...

I tried without OC, new USB, new risers, new everything, setting up from the beginning, flashing new os, nothing worked so far.

Whan can cause this? Everything is same to the bit for 3 rigs, they are in the same room, 1 is working, 2 is not. Appreciate any input, it has been 10 days and I need to start stable mining ASAP.
Hi, maybe a motherboard problem?
Putting on and off again and again many times the riser connectors may damage ports.
Yesterday I noticed that one of my Pci-Ex ports cause senseless heat problem to GPU.
What are the last errors of OS before rebooting?
Activity: 6
Merit: 2

Jump to: