Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 219. (Read 835515 times)

Activity: 77
Merit: 0
UPDATE v1145
-network performance tuning - rig at startup and reload will send status every 8 seconds for first 5 minutes, so console will be more interactive and after that it will send status every 1 minute
-now the dashboard will work much faster Smiley
Ty the web site is very fast now and also I wonder when will you add eth miner 0.13?
Activity: 2
UPDATE v1145
-network performance tuning - rig at startup and reload will send status every 8 seconds for first 5 minutes, so console will be more interactive and after that it will send status every 1 minute

Hello and thank you for the update, any news about a new version of ccminer?

Activity: 8
UPDATE v1145

seriously ? it is down... cloudflare error...
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
UPDATE v1145
Activity: 1
Activity: 44
@DEV, can i run the SMOS on a normal Hardisk?
sure! basically you can use any kind of storage device
Activity: 19
Hi all,

I have RX 580 GPU in rig, but in SMOS I cannot undervolt them. All value set at Core Undervolting is ignored.

Is there some other way to undervolt core and memory at SMOS?

Thank you a lot.
Activity: 2
=== WARNING TO USERS ===

Hijacking of SMOS rigs is happening again.

Here's what happened to me yesterday at night: SMOS suddenly started to mine XMR. The web monitoring page showed an error, but the rig was forking full speed. I could see it was mining XMR by opening console window or by checking the monitor which is attached to the rig.

There was no change under Rig Groups configuration: the rig mined monero although my SMOS config for mining ethereum was active. Therefore I suspect the attacker didn't use frontend (like by compromising my credentials) to gain access.

The same problem occured to me last week or so when we all got the notification from the dev that we should asap add
Code:
-mport 127.0.0.1:3333
to the miner config. I did that and thought I was being safe, but apparently I am not.

I checked my router and am not forwarding any ports to outside world.

Any idea what else I could do to protect the rig from being hijacked?

Thank you and all the best to all of you honest miners!
Activity: 20
Now that my rig stability problems are fixed... I have another type of problem with my network.

Basically, it appears as though my mining rig sometimes kills my router completely.

First time last week and back then I really thought the router was the problem:
My internet was down on my wifi.
So I went to check on my PC. No internet either.
I try to connect to my router (tp-link N750) and it can't be reached.
I rebooted the router. No change.
I reset the router. No change.
I connect a laptop straight to the modem: internet is up.

So I figured that the router was faulty and I went to the store to buy a new one: tp-link Archer C7.

Now I don't remember if I had turned off my rig before installing the new one... The new one worked... for a week.

Last night I got the same problems: no internet and can't even connect to the router.
But instead of trying to reboot and reset the router, I just turned off my mining rig. And voilà, everything was working again, I did not even need to restart the router.
Today I got the same problem again.  I turned off my rig and 1 minute later my network was up again.

The rig was stuck at the "Connecting to simplemining..." stage when I turned it off.

On my router admin pages I can't see any errors in the logs.

Important note: I have a switch between the router and the mining rig.  It's a basic dlink DGS-1005G.
I will try removing that switch from the setup and plug my rig directly in the routeur to see if it helps.

Any clues other then that? 

Some discussions about similar issues I found:
https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/6xkau1/simplemining_os_with_5_or_6_gtx_1070s_makes/
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethOSdistro/comments/7k49ti/ethos_and_my_network_issues/

So I have 5 rigs running with 45 1070ti total and I get exact same. It seems One will get knocked offline and then soon all of them are offline trying to connect to server even though I have perfect internet available as I monitor it on my iPad. I turn off the one that had a card stopped on past and all of the other 4 rigs instantly reconnect and go on with no downtime. I tried setting each rig up under a different miner name but no difference when it happens. Also, it has run 4 days stable no problems, suddenly like 5 crashes earlier and then stable again, I just start turning off miners till I find culprit and the rest reconnect and restart the ones I turned off. I tried using the new file of Smos for NVidia cards on a new usb, but so far seems to be real buggy, I have to unplug and Re plug my usb on startup because it says usb bad. About to reflash a drive with older file to see if it fixes that.

Vosk Coin did a livestream yesterday with a miningcave rig that came with smos already loaded and had issue with new file also so had to flash another drive with older smos file too.

One strange thing, when I lost connection earlier, I went to google overclocking setting and google made me check one of the your not a robot boxes before I could continue because it said I had unusual traffic from my connection. Earlier today I also had to change the port on my Xbox when I tested multiplayer connections after I couldn’t stay connected for a game on battlefield 1.

Sorry for rant but maybe that adds more clues, maybe traffic issue, maybe a port issue?

I am surprized that 1 of your rig will cause issues to your other rigs but not to the rest of your network.
Do the rigs have anything in common that the rest of your network does not have?

Perhaps a switch that is used only for your rigs?

On my side I removed the unmanaged switch I had in the setup, now my rig and router are connected directly, but the problem still happens.
Activity: 37
hi.
Have a problem with 2 of my rigs.

COMPONENTS OF THIS 2 RIGS.

ASUS STRIX B250F MOBO
6x XFX RX580 8GB
INTEL CELERON 3900
4GB MEMO.
6 RISERS VS 006.
SMOS (RX version) installed on USB (works! i tested in other 3 rigs and the usb drive its OK)

When boot in this two rigs got this..

Pcie bus error: severity=corrected, type=Physical Layer, Id=00eb (Receiver ID) device [8086:a29b] error status/mask=00000001/00002000

2 videos of the problem

LINK! ->    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GUpVsD2R7s3iZmWLJZ7I09TxAZlAZ_vm

Happens with only one card, 2 cards, 3cards,.... 6 cards conected.

And in two different rigs, so... the risers are OK.

BIOS set up:

Disabled Sound
Power ON after power loss selected
On board graphics - Enabled selected IGFX
PCI speed Gen 2
Above 4G Enabled
ASPM is Disabled

Thanks for your answers.

Hope you can help me.

Best regards

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514
Ive encounter a new problem in the last 24 hours.

1. 3 of my Rig is working Fine
2. When i login to simple mining 1 of the rig suddenly restart.
3. Confuse on what happen i just let it go.
4. I close simple mining and attach a monitor to the rig that restart.
5. I check the pool all ok now, all 3 rigs is working fine again.
6. I  login again to simple mining and the same rig restarted again.

-- I 100% sure that my account is not compromised, other 2 rigs are working fine. and also pool and miner details is NOT change to a new one so hacking is not an issue.

I am now reflashing the Flash drive again to see if the issue will arise again.

I read somewhere that Its not advisable to run an OS via Flashdrive for a long period of time as for me ive been using it 24/7 for 2 weeks now.

I am using a branded USB Stick and not a generic one.

@DEV, can i run the SMOS on a normal Hardisk?
Activity: 76
Hi,

Im renting out my rig and someone wishes to mine verge coin x17 and ive never done this before.

Im using SMOS and I believe I should use CCminer, ive managed to connect but every share is invalid, so it seems I have something setup wrong.

-a skunk -o stratum+tcp://yiimp.eu:3737 -u DB8QSXorhUNwtPes5JYw3qV7KNVYwqkqye.$seth1 -p x

Is the config I was using but didn't seem to work, please could someone post a working config for me?  Im using Nvidia cards.

Thankyou.

any help?

-a skunk for skunk algo coins verge isnt one of them, try x17
Activity: 5
I got 2 strange problems with one of my 2 rigs.
It’s a rig of 5x 1060s and 1x 1070.

First problem:
The 1070 is recognized as a 1060 for some reason.
It’s also getting the same hashrate as a 1060.

Second problem:
Getting this message: "gpu 0: unspecified launch failure"
The rigs starts to mine, but only with 5 out of 6 cards even tho all 6 cards shows up on the smos dashboard (In core/mem section)

Is this any problem you have seen Before?

The miner is ccminer-tpruvot-v2.1 and I’m mining on the scrypt:10 (scrypt-n) algorithm.

Activity: 7
Anyone else having issues with simplemining.net?  I have rigs running but the web GUI is not showing them this started happening this morning (9am EST - GMT -5:00)

Yes we are also having the same issue....
Rigs are running fine and showing mining in console but not in simplemining.net

admin please resolve it or provide some fix to it ASAP.
Anyone else having issues with simplemining.net?  I have rigs running but the web GUI is not showing them this started happening this morning (9am EST - GMT -5:00)

i was dual mining with DCR and as soon as i removed DCR from suprnova it got fixed and i am using claymore 10.6
Activity: 3
I have a strange problem that I can't fix:  Undecided

I'm having problem with "Watchdog: GPU hangs in OpenCL call, exit error" when an random GPU get 0 hash rate.
But the problem is when I restart the miner or the rig. The GPUs dont set the clocks and they mine like 3~5mhs each.
The GPUs only mine correctly when I turn off the PSUs and turn them on again. Reseting the rig don't fix that.

Can somebody help me with that? I'm out of ideas  Huh Huh Huh
Hello guys, i am very new to mining (a month) and i need some HELP Smiley

I have 2 mining rigs with 6 x Sapphire 570 ITX Mini Pulse GPU each, mining Ethereum with SMOS on ethermine.org with a Claymore v10.2 miner.

The problem is, one of them is working fine since day 1, around 150-160MH/s average hashrate, while the other one can`t go above 120, also a big difference between reported and average hashrate - total is always 320, average is 270-280.....  Huh

Also, the payouts were on average 35 hours at the beggining, now they went up to 42 hours (it`s set up to 0.05 ETH minimum payout)

So, my questions are, should i change pool for the one "bad" rig, maybe nanopool or dwarfpool?
A little advice on changing pool, is it complicated or is it an easy procedure

Should i try maybe to overclock the rig that is not working so well so i get better hashrate....

Last, about the claymore versions, should i transfer to the newer versions as they come up or just stick to 10.2?

Or any advice that i dont know...

Thank you in advance! Smiley
Activity: 197
any reason or experience?
9 GPU work fine add one and 10 GPU SMOS crash
Activity: 34
Hi,

Im renting out my rig and someone wishes to mine verge coin x17 and ive never done this before.

Im using SMOS and I believe I should use CCminer, ive managed to connect but every share is invalid, so it seems I have something setup wrong.

-a skunk -o stratum+tcp://yiimp.eu:3737 -u DB8QSXorhUNwtPes5JYw3qV7KNVYwqkqye.$seth1 -p x

Is the config I was using but didn't seem to work, please could someone post a working config for me?  Im using Nvidia cards.

Thankyou.

any help?
Activity: 8

Jump to: