Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 223. (Read 835515 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hey Tytan,

I imaged a new USB stick because the update I pushed out to this system failed. Also, another system I what to bring online has the same problem. When updating files it gets to Claymore 10.2 and gets stuck in a loop for a while and finally finishing booting after many attempts. Any rig group using Claymore will not work now for that system or another that I'm trying to bring online.

Error is:

Unexpected EOF in archive
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Hey, dev. Do you plan to add the ability to mine on CPU? And a separate setting for each GPU.
Totally not my priority and i will really need to make many tests becasue this could lower speed of gpu mining and we dont want that ...
Anyway i am not planning this for at least next 3 months.
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
In crypto we trust!
Hey, dev. Do you plan to add the ability to mine on CPU? And a separate setting for each GPU.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
I was wondering how smOS behaves wehn there is no internet connection for couple of hours? Does it freeze or how does it behave?

I have Win10 + Claymore running atm. It runs for weeks, but if I loose internet for like 30mins or so the whole rig freezes and you have to physically switch it on and off...

I just fixed some connection problems.
I appears that if someone has ipv6 in his network then curl was connecting even 6.9 seconds to simplemining.net server.
I released update in which now it is using ipv4 default and problem appears to be fixed. Now it is connecting under 0.5 second Smiley

UPDATE v1143 (already on your rig Smiley
- fixed - case where rig could not connect to simplemining, register and get new config (curl now uses ipv4 as default protocol), That caused that rig was using old written config and in case of new flashed pendrive it was XMR mining

Anyway if simplemining servers are down for some reason or if there is planned maintenence or for example internet connection to simplemining doesnt work ...
Then rig is using last downloaded settings.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Hi,

I registered in to simplemining.net 25th January 2018 and I received the an activqation email, but the link doesn't work.

I try to replay in email but the email address ([email protected]) also don't work.

What I can do? Can the admin help me? My registered email is [email protected].

Thanks in advance,

Zorro23hu
czr
Activity: 27
I was wondering how smOS behaves wehn there is no internet connection for couple of hours? Does it freeze or how does it behave?

I have Win10 + Claymore running atm. It runs for weeks, but if I loose internet for like 30mins or so the whole rig freezes and you have to physically switch it on and off...

it will keep trying for ever until internet comes back
Activity: 143
Merit: 11

Activity: 103
Merit: 1
Since yesterday I've noticed that the RIG LIST page doesn't refresh automatically any more. Are you experiencing the same?

Oopps, sorry I just needed to clear my web browser cash and it works just fine now.
Activity: 103
Merit: 1
Since yesterday I've noticed that the RIG LIST page doesn't refresh automatically any more. Are you experiencing the same?
Activity: 1316
Merit: 514
My first Problem Encounter with SMOS, I was using it normally for 10 days now 24/7 running without any interruption. but yesterday i tried to switch to Zencoin Mining, then the problem starts. it wont start as usual.

When i plugged the Monitor, there was an error on the OS, But the good thing is its repairing itself and after 30 minutes of waiting my rigs is running good again.

So if you have problem with your USB stick, you dont need to reflash it just wait for it to fix itself.
Activity: 43
In the RX version, there's a typo on the Overclock window:

- Core Undervolt: This will lower voltage on your GPU so less waggate.

waggate -> wattage

Not sure if this has been pointed out before, should be a simple fix.
Activity: 10
I need some help installing smos. I tried using etcher to mount on usb, but for some reason it won't recognise it as a bootable file  
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Hey! I have the same problem since today. 1 of my rigs changes to cryptonight. I think we were hacked or something, i can't change back to equihash.

yeah i have the same problem
Reinstalled a rig   the cannot connect to simplemining 1/10 2/10 etc
After that the xmr mining for somebody else
plz fix it

Hi, Do you see where exactly is the rig mining ?
Is it meaby here ?
https://xmr.nanopool.org/account/43jBkwkiwumbpVPRxB8pTVif58yaKj5745Ub1P9aKWTcZjgivCTdjp9WbwaVe4vUMveKAzAiA4j8xgUi29TpKXpm42kTTCW
Then it would explain this becasue if rig cant connect to simplemining then it will start using default last downloaded config which is XMR.

Also can you check something for me ?
This behavior would be ok if this is new flashed rig and it cant connect to simplemining.net and download new config.
Then it would be using default one which is the account i wrote above.

Can you guys send me email to [email protected] and answer feq questions ?
Please write from the same email that you are using in simplemining.net
Email subject: Rig XMR config problem
1. Is it new flashed rig and first connection to simplemining ?
2. Was it mining before using your config and then it switched back to default one ?
3. If yes then how this happened ? Did it happened after reboot or while working it just switched to this xmr ?
4. While it is mining into this XMR pool can you login via ssh to this rig and send me output of those commands ?
cat /home/miner/config.json
ls -l /home/miner/config.json
uptime
5. Also please tell me what is this rig name.
6. What motherboard are you using ?
7. Do your rig has assigned public ip address or did you forwarded 22 port to your rig on your router ?

Few users already told me about that issue but it just fixed itself after rig succesfully connected to simplemining.net servers.
When it is new flashed rig and cant connect to simplemining then it will be mining using already written default config which is in deed nanopool xmr mining.
I just want to know if this is the same address and if this happens on only new rigs or on rigs that were mining ok and then just switched to default config ?
It is in deed strange so please send me those information as soon as possible.
Activity: 1
i have a problem for using tcher.io - flashing tool. Im using SSD for os, but no config.txt showing or other local disk for simplemining os for SSD
Activity: 21
yeah i have the same problem

Reinstalled a rig   the cannot connect to simplemining 1/10 2/10 etc
After that the xmr mining for somebody else

plz fix it
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
Please update xmr stake amd to v2 3
 Please please please

Please please please
Activity: 28
No I don't use 2fa, didn't know that was possible..  Roll Eyes

Anyways after reflashing my pendrive the rig is up and running again.
Activity: 6
So my rig stopped mining, and it seemed to have nothing to do with the server being down.

I decided to hook a monitor to my rig to see if could find out anything. And after booting the SMOS displays this message over and over "There is no screen attached matching miner".
Any ideas what this really means?
Mostly it means that system cant find any GPU or process didnt started.
IF you have one gpu then check if it is connected, meaby something unplugged ?
Or it could be problem with riser.
You can enter command: lspci
that will list your devices. Check if you will see AMD or NVIDIA there.

Thx for answer.
I tried different risers/cards, and tried running only 1 card to, with the same result.
I also booted on an Ubuntu pendrive and checked lspci command, and GPU shows up. Monitor is connected through GPU to, all works fine.

It's strange. The rig had been working fine for weeks, until I decided to reduce power limit to the same as my Win 10 rig with similar Nvidia 1070TI gpus, then it started acting strange with sudden adjustments to core clocks causing the rig to sometimes freeze(I posted about this a page or two back). It could be running perfectly fine for a few hours, then it suddenly clocked up by itself and froze.

Could it be something wrong with the SMOS config causing it to not start up properly? Perhaps I should do a fresh install on pendrive again.

edit: Re installing/flashing OS to pendrive fixed it. Woohoo.

Ok this is getting weird. Am I getting hacked or what is going on  Huh

After reflashing SMOS my miner was perfectly stable for 2 days mining zCash.
But suddenly I saw it stop reporting to pool again and I check simplemining.net to see what's going on.
There it says it's mining cryptonight algo  Huh in the console, and the core clocks have been adjusted up a bit.
Changing rig group settings and overclocking settings have no effect now and rebooting(cold boot) does not help.

I'm reflashing OS to pendrive again to see if it helps again  Tongue

Hey! I have the same problem since today. 1 of my rigs changes to cryptonight. I think we were hacked or something, i can't change back to equihash.

Do you guys use 2FA for login?

Yes, but I don't think that's the problem, because if someone log in to my account he would change all the rigs, not just 1 (I have 3 rigs).
Activity: 28
So my rig stopped mining, and it seemed to have nothing to do with the server being down.

I decided to hook a monitor to my rig to see if could find out anything. And after booting the SMOS displays this message over and over "There is no screen attached matching miner".

Thx for answer.
I tried different risers/cards, and tried running only 1 card to, with the same result.
I also booted on an Ubuntu pendrive and checked lspci command, and GPU shows up. Monitor is connected through GPU to, all works fine.

It's strange. The rig had been working fine for weeks, until I decided to reduce power limit to the same as my Win 10 rig with similar Nvidia 1070TI gpus, then it started acting strange with sudden adjustments to core clocks causing the rig to sometimes freeze(I posted about this a page or two back). It could be running perfectly fine for a few hours, then it suddenly clocked up by itself and froze.

Could it be something wrong with the SMOS config causing it to not start up properly? Perhaps I should do a fresh install on pendrive again.

But suddenly I saw it stop reporting to pool again and I check simplemining.net to see what's going on.
There it says it's mining cryptonight algo  Huh in the console, and the core clocks have been adjusted up a bit.
Changing rig group settings and overclocking settings have no effect now and rebooting(cold boot) does not help.

Do you guys use 2FA for login?
Activity: 6

Thx for answer.

Jump to: