Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 254. (Read 835509 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
guys having a problem here, trying to use smos for the first time on my amd rig and it gets stuck here https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/391263341823393798/398687098317832202/image.jpg can anyone please help
Activity: 141
Merit: 10
I am using on board video. And I think you don't understand what is happening. I boots fine with 9 - cards from a cold start. But when trying to reboot from with in SMOS I get a hangs at a black screen. 

I have a MSI Z170 - G45 mother board and 4 gb ram with 9 - MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X cards. The system boots cold with 9 cards. I'm using SMOS. But when I try to reboot from OS it boots to a black screen. If I remove the 9th card it boots normal. Why? I am lost to why it won't boot from OS with 9 cards. Risers are fine already checked them.

Please Help.

i had that problem before.. plug your monitor to your PCIe X16 slot. or use onboard video card on bios settings
Activity: 83
NYXCOIN - The future of Investment and eCommerce
I have a MSI Z170 - G45 mother board and 4 gb ram with 9 - MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X cards. The system boots cold with 9 cards. I'm using SMOS. But when I try to reboot from OS it boots to a black screen. If I remove the 9th card it boots normal. Why? I am lost to why it won't boot from OS with 9 cards. Risers are fine already checked them.

Please Help.

i had that problem before.. plug your monitor to your PCIe X16 slot. or use onboard video card on bios settings
Activity: 102
Is there a trick to figure out which GPU is associated to which position in SMOS?  I have different versions of the same type of cards in my rig, so they would OC differently.  In MSI Afterburner I could just turn the fan to max and see which one spun up, but unable to do that through SMOS.
Activity: 141

Please Help.
Activity: 366
Merit: 250
Can someone share a working Core MHz, Memory MHz, Core undervolting and powerstage for these 3 gpus (overclocking on the simplemining website)
RX 470 normal ones
RX 580 Sapphire Nitro
RX 570 normal ones

Sapphire nitro+ rx 580 8gb micron

Core MHz: 1220

Memory MHz: 2175

Core Undervolting: 810

Powerstage: 6

Target Temperature ℃: 70

Minimum Fan speed %: 40

Ethereum  30.9 Mhs

Are you sure it is micron (sometimes windows lies about it). Sapphire claims there aren't any microns in 8gb gpus.
Activity: 1
Can someone share a working Core MHz, Memory MHz, Core undervolting and powerstage for these 3 gpus (overclocking on the simplemining website)
RX 470 normal ones
RX 580 Sapphire Nitro
RX 570 normal ones

Sapphire nitro+ rx 580 8gb micron

Core MHz: 1220

Memory MHz: 2175

Core Undervolting: 810

Powerstage: 6

Target Temperature ℃: 70

Minimum Fan speed %: 40

Ethereum  30.9 Mhs

Activity: 19
Hi guys,

we are running smos with 1060 nvidias. up to now, we had 13 running without major issues on ETH and SIA. As our mainboard supports more GPUs, we wanted to run it on 15 GPUs, but smos does no longer start.
When we remove the additional one or two, it runs again without any issues.
In the board, we read that smos supports 15 GPUs. Is there anything to add in the command line?

Any help and/or support is appreciated.

Thanks and best wishes,
JaniP
Activity: 7
Hi all.
Does some one try neoscrypt on smos (vivo) ?
I got this in ccminer:
============ Starting Miner ===============
*** ccminer skunk-krnlx for nVidia GPUs by tpruvot@github ***
    Built with the nVidia CUDA Toolkit 8.0 64-bits

Originally based on Christian Buchner and Christian H. project
  Include some algos from alexis78, djm34, sp, tsiv and klausT.

BTC donation address: 1AJdfCpLWPNoAMDfHF1wD5y8VgKSSTHxPo (tpruvot)

[2018-01-04 12:39:03] Starting on stratum+tcp://eu1.altminer.net:4233
[2018-01-04 12:39:03] NVML GPU monitoring enabled.
[2018-01-04 12:39:03] 5 miner threads started, using 'neoscrypt' algorithm.
[2018-01-04 12:39:04] MESSAGE FROM SERVER: welcome on ALTMINER.NET - happy minin
g!
/root/xminer.sh: line 58: 11783 Illegal instruction     $MINER_PATH $MINER_OPTIO
NS
Miner ended/crashed. Restarting miner in 10 seconds --------------

I have same problem but with libryrev2, plz help with ccminer.
Activity: 5
Can anyone give a successful connection string through ccminer-tpruvot-v2.1 / SMOS that they are using at the moment?

you can use v2.1 or the skunk one which I think is the v2.2

-a decred -o stratum+tcp://yiimp.eu:4252 -u DsdQVrhRVHitRWBMqRGA2QTSLDnAHJhgrRP -p x

Hi citronick, unfortunately the yiimp pool returns the same errors as suprnova, using your connection string as above on both tpruvot and skunk:

Illegal Instruction $MINER_PATH $MINER_OPTIONS

:/

I think you need to re-create the usb stick again - download the NV image from simplemining webpage and let it do all the updates. Good luck!

Just finished re-flashing the USB, same issues unfortunately.  Nothing with ccminer will work through SMOS for me still (suprnova, yiimp, etc), I can only mine equihash with other miners.  All of my connection strings work just fine through the rig's ubuntu terminal with ccminer installed.

Could this be due to the use of ccminer 2.1 within SMOS?  I have the newest version installed on the rig, which works great, 2.2.4.

I do get this error below when extracting the file (downloaded the newest NV again), but after the error it extracts and flashes to the USB without further issues, and I can mine equihash no problem.

!   C:\simpleminer-NV-v1118-kernel4.11.12-nvidia384.59-noae[Suspicious link removed]g.zip: The archive is corrupt

btw, what coin are you trying to mine? what GPU?

My mining attempts on SMOS have been primarily Vertcoin, LBRY, Decred (ccminer, both, unsuccessful) and ZClassic and ZEN (multiple miners, all successful).

This is my first rig, running 2 MSI 1060s.  I just upgraded from one old 960, have had the same situations for mining SMOS on both machine configs.  All my connection strings continue to work successfully through the rig's full ubuntu desktop w/ccminer 2.2.3.

I wrote this one page before. It looks like not compatible CPU (INTEL/AMD).

From command line (shell) od SMOS i get:
[2018-01-02 16:20:41] Starting on stratum+tcp://eu1.altminer.net:4233
[2018-01-02 16:20:41] NVML GPU monitoring enabled.
[2018-01-02 16:20:41] 4 miner threads started, using 'neoscrypt' algorithm.
[2018-01-02 16:20:41] MESSAGE FROM SERVER: welcome on ALTMINER.NET - happy mining!
Illegal instruction
root@simpleminer:~/miner/ccminer-skunk-krnlx#

It looks like wrong compilation of CCMINER.

Google says:

An illegal instruction usually means the CPU hasn't implemented it, often when trying to
ue AES instructions on a CPU that doesn't support AES. In this case it appears these AMD
CPUs don't have the full SSE2 implementation.

Even if there was a way for the compiler to detect this condition the result would be a build
without any optimizations, ie it would be the same as cpuminer-multi.

My recommendation is to use cpuminer-multi on those algos.

I have AMD CPU:

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 21
model           : 16
model name      : AMD A4-5300B APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
stepping        : 1
microcode       : 0x6001119
cpu MHz         : 2300.000
cache size      : 1024 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 1
apicid          : 16
initial apicid  : 0
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 13
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp
 lm constant_tsc rep_good nopl nonstop_tsc cpuid extd_apicid aperfmperf pni pclm
ulqdq monitor ssse3 fma cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt aes xsave avx f16c lahf_lm cmp
_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs xop
skinit wdt lwp fma4 tce nodeid_msr tbm topoext perfctr_core perfctr_nb cpb hw_ps
tate vmmcall bmi1 arat npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save tsc_scale vmcb_clean flushbya
sid decodeassists pausefilter pfthreshold

Please, help us! We need CCMINER!
Tom
Activity: 9
Can anyone give a successful connection string through ccminer-tpruvot-v2.1 / SMOS that they are using at the moment?

-a decred -o stratum+tcp://yiimp.eu:4252 -u DsdQVrhRVHitRWBMqRGA2QTSLDnAHJhgrRP -p x

Hi citronick, unfortunately the yiimp pool returns the same errors as suprnova, using your connection string as above on both tpruvot and skunk:

I think you need to re-create the usb stick again - download the NV image from simplemining webpage and let it do all the updates. Good luck!

Just finished re-flashing the USB, same issues unfortunately.  Nothing with ccminer will work through SMOS for me still (suprnova, yiimp, etc), I can only mine equihash with other miners.  All of my connection strings work just fine through the rig's ubuntu terminal with ccminer installed.

Could this be due to the use of ccminer 2.1 within SMOS?  I have the newest version installed on the rig, which works great, 2.2.4.

I do get this error below when extracting the file (downloaded the newest NV again), but after the error it extracts and flashes to the USB without further issues, and I can mine equihash no problem.

!   C:\simpleminer-NV-v1118-kernel4.11.12-nvidia384.59-noae[Suspicious link removed]g.zip: The archive is corrupt

My mining attempts on SMOS have been primarily Vertcoin, LBRY, Decred (ccminer, both, unsuccessful) and ZClassic and ZEN (multiple miners, all successful).

This is my first rig, running 2 MSI 1060s.  I just upgraded from one old 960, have had the same situations for mining SMOS on both machine configs.  All my connection strings continue to work successfully through the rig's full ubuntu desktop w/ccminer 2.2.3.
Activity: 6
Hello all and Happy New Year.

To save me reading through 1000's of posts - which i will start doing - can anyone give me pointers on mining other Ethash coins on my AMD rig currently running claymore-eth-v10.2 mining Etherium?
-wd 1 -r 1 -epool stratum+tcp://eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal $walletETH/$rigName -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333 -asm 1

And NeoScrypt on my Nvidea Rig currently running ewbf-0.3.4b mining Z Cash.
--server eu1-zcash.flypool.org --user xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.$rigName --pass x --port 3333

I've tried changing things and i can't get anything to work.

A few pointers would be greatly received.

Thanks

W

So i just tried using my claymore miner in SmOS to mine Ubiq and i get nothing.
Basically changing -epool address and using an UBQ address:
-wd 1 -r 1 -epool stratum+tcp://eu.ubiqpool.io:8008 -ewal 0x000000000000000000000000000000/$rigName -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333 -asm 1

i get:
ETH: Stratum - connecting to 'eu.ubiqpool.io' <209.222.30.133> port 8008
ETH: Stratum - Connected (eu.ubiqpool.io:8008)
ETH: Authorization failed
: {"id":2,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":null,"error":{"code":-1,"message":"Invalidlogin"}}
Stratum - reading socket failed, disconnect
ETH: Job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 sec...

you got that working ?

otherwise try this is another ubiq pool but works pretty well
 -wd 1 -r 1 -epool stratum+tcp://eu.ubiq.minerpool.net:8002 -ewal "yours walletadress" -epsw x -eworker $rigName -allcoins 1
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

Activity: 9

Activity: 279
For current version, P104 is not supported. It mines but you can't change any settings for GPU.
There has to be an update to driver because yesterday some other mining OS updated their OS to support p104.
I don't wanna change to another OS. I love smOS ( tytanick <3 )
Please update the driver for P104-100.

Other platform's change log:

0.5-18 2018-01-03
Nvidia P104-100 support
dstm 0.5.8

Activity: 66
Hi all.
Does some one try neoscrypt on smos (vivo) ?
I got this in ccminer:
============ Starting Miner ===============
*** ccminer skunk-krnlx for nVidia GPUs by tpruvot@github ***
    Built with the nVidia CUDA Toolkit 8.0 64-bits

Originally based on Christian Buchner and Christian H. project
  Include some algos from alexis78, djm34, sp, tsiv and klausT.

BTC donation address: 1AJdfCpLWPNoAMDfHF1wD5y8VgKSSTHxPo (tpruvot)

[2018-01-04 12:39:03] Starting on stratum+tcp://eu1.altminer.net:4233
[2018-01-04 12:39:03] NVML GPU monitoring enabled.
[2018-01-04 12:39:03] 5 miner threads started, using 'neoscrypt' algorithm.
[2018-01-04 12:39:04] MESSAGE FROM SERVER: welcome on ALTMINER.NET - happy minin
g!
/root/xminer.sh: line 58: 11783 Illegal instruction     $MINER_PATH $MINER_OPTIO
NS
Miner ended/crashed. Restarting miner in 10 seconds --------------
Activity: 4
Hi! Like mine on the algorithm neoscript?! Have not found such a miner. For example, the ftc?
Activity: 7
Any way to get ccminer-alexis in SMOS?  ccminer-skunk and tpruvot versions are slow compared to Alexis in various algos.

If you google GravityMaster and SMOS FAQ you will find instructions on how to add Alexis as a miner. It also includes a lot of other very helpful things that people here are always asking about....

I've read it - but unfortunately, the level of my knowledge of Linux does not allow doing this!) Who can help with the compilation of the ccminer-alexis78-vs2013-cuda7.5 for SMOS? I would replace the existing ccminer tpruvot
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

Activity: 107
RX 470 normal ones
RX 580 Sapphire Nitro
RX 570 normal ones

Jump to: