Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 255. (Read 835509 times)

Activity: 141
Merit: 10
I have a MSI Z170 - G45 mother board and 4 gb ram with 9 - MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X cards. The system boots cold with 9 cards. I'm using SMOS. But when I try to reboot from OS it boots to a black screen. If I remove the 9th card it boots normal. Why? I am lost to why it won't boot from OS with 9 cards. Risers are fine already checked them.

Help please.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Can anyone give a successful connection string through ccminer-tpruvot-v2.1 / SMOS that they are using at the moment?

you can use v2.1 or the skunk one which I think is the v2.2

-a decred -o stratum+tcp://yiimp.eu:4252 -u DsdQVrhRVHitRWBMqRGA2QTSLDnAHJhgrRP -p x

Hi citronick, unfortunately the yiimp pool returns the same errors as suprnova, using your connection string as above on both tpruvot and skunk:

Illegal Instruction $MINER_PATH $MINER_OPTIONS

:/
Activity: 2
both my etherium wallets both say invalid when i click them from the simpleminng.net interface, ethpool is missing the first 2 numbers and dwarfpool has the first 2 numbers 2x in a row how can i get this fixed?

If you are mining using dwarfpool.com, then when you go to the address and you see the prepended "0x" (displays as 0x0xblahblahblah), you can simply edit the URL to remove the first "0x" and you will be able to view your ETH being dumped into Dwarfpool.   

I haven't mined in ethpool yet, so I am not sure if there's a "hack" or "fix" for that one.   I too cannot pull up the page though. It would probably be easier IMHO if there was just a unique wallet address for dwarfpool if it requires a different address.  Either that, or programmatically yank the 0x from the wallet address for Ethereum all together when redirecting or launching the dwarfpool stats.

Hope this helps
Activity: 7
Hello all and Happy New Year.

To save me reading through 1000's of posts - which i will start doing - can anyone give me pointers on mining other Ethash coins on my AMD rig currently running claymore-eth-v10.2 mining Etherium?
-wd 1 -r 1 -epool stratum+tcp://eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal $walletETH/$rigName -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333 -asm 1

And NeoScrypt on my Nvidea Rig currently running ewbf-0.3.4b mining Z Cash.
--server eu1-zcash.flypool.org --user xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.$rigName --pass x --port 3333

I've tried changing things and i can't get anything to work.

A few pointers would be greatly received.

Thanks

W

So i just tried using my claymore miner in SmOS to mine Ubiq and i get nothing.
Basically changing -epool address and using an UBQ address:
-wd 1 -r 1 -epool stratum+tcp://eu.ubiqpool.io:8008 -ewal 0x000000000000000000000000000000/$rigName -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333 -asm 1

i get:
ETH: Stratum - connecting to 'eu.ubiqpool.io' <209.222.30.133> port 8008
ETH: Stratum - Connected (eu.ubiqpool.io:8008)
ETH: Authorization failed
: {"id":2,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":null,"error":{"code":-1,"message":"Invalidlogin"}}
Stratum - reading socket failed, disconnect
ETH: Job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 sec...
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Hi,

I hope this is the right place, basically my internet needs constant restarts at the moment for some reason, so i can set a plug on a timer to restart the router, however, my Rig wont restart after a dropped internet connection, is there anything I can set so it keeps looking for an internet connection until it is live?

Thanks

SRR maybe able address your problem.

Goto

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17008915
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Can anyone give a successful connection string through ccminer-tpruvot-v2.1 / SMOS that they are using at the moment?

you can use v2.1 or the skunk one which I think is the v2.2

-a decred -o stratum+tcp://yiimp.eu:4252 -u DsdQVrhRVHitRWBMqRGA2QTSLDnAHJhgrRP -p x
Activity: 34
Hi,

I hope this is the right place, basically my internet needs constant restarts at the moment for some reason, so i can set a plug on a timer to restart the router, however, my Rig wont restart after a dropped internet connection, is there anything I can set so it keeps looking for an internet connection until it is live?

Thanks
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
https://twitter.com/_Crypto_Mike

What is SimpleMining OS (SMOS) ?
It is nice looking and easy Operating system for mining on AMD GPUs

Most wanted info:
- idea is simple: download for free my OS and write it to any drive: Hard / SSD / even USB drive
- after that you just enter your email address in config.txt file and boot your rig
- login to simplemining.net dashboard using the same email and start managing your rig Smiley
- you can test it for free and then you need to pay only 2$ per rig per month
- if there will be new miner i will implement it fast with auto-updates system

Requirements:
- R OS = AMD GPUs R300/R200/HD7xxx series
- RX OS = AMD GPUs RX400/RX500 series
- NV OS = Nvidia GPUs (alsmost all of them)
- hard drive / ssd / usb drive - it must be 7GB or bigger
- at least 1-4GB system memory (depend how much GPUs are you using and what miner)

About me
- I am linux admin for about 13 years and crypto miner for 5 years
- Linux, programming, scripting, mining are my hobbies Smiley
- i am honest and simple IT guy who whants to make world better and give something to it

Video
[/url">
Huge shout out to SMOS!! first time user and cant be any happier! by far my favorite OS for mining! all future rigs will be installed with SMOS.
Hi,
I`m trying to mine NeoScrypt coin using ccminer-tpruvot-v2.1. When CCMINER connects to pool i recieve error shown bellow:

============ Starting Miner ===============
*** ccminer 2.2 for nVidia GPUs by tpruvot@github ***
    Built with the nVidia CUDA Toolkit 8.0 64-bits

Originally based on Christian Buchner and Christian H. project
  Include some algos from alexis78, djm34, sp, tsiv and klausT.

BTC donation address: 1AJdfCpLWPNoAMDfHF1wD5y8VgKSSTHxPo (tpruvot)

[2018-01-01 20:20:53] Starting on stratum+tcp://eu1.miningpool.shop:4233
[2018-01-01 20:20:53] NVML GPU monitoring enabled.
[2018-01-01 20:20:53] 4 miner threads started, using 'neoscrypt' algorithm.
/root/xminer.sh: line 58: 17825 Illegal instruction     $MINER_PATH $MINER_OPTIONS
Miner ended/crashed. Restarting miner in 10 seconds --------------

My config line looks line this: -a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://eu1.miningpool.shop:4233 -u KI9gEKJgSCbAsYj6dwW4CrnxkM3hjwFADD -p c=GBX

I tried to run ccminer from shell using putty to logon into SMOS miner.

[2018-01-02 16:20:41] Starting on stratum+tcp://eu1.altminer.net:4233
[2018-01-02 16:20:41] NVML GPU monitoring enabled.
[2018-01-02 16:20:41] 4 miner threads started, using 'neoscrypt' algorithm.
[2018-01-02 16:20:41] MESSAGE FROM SERVER: welcome on ALTMINER.NET - happy mining!
Illegal instruction
root@simpleminer:~/miner/ccminer-skunk-krnlx#

It looks like wrong compilation of CCMINER.

I find something about this in google:
An illegal instruction usually means the CPU hasn't implemented it, often when trying to
ue AES instructions on a CPU that doesn't support AES. In this case it appears these AMD
CPUs don't have the full SSE2 implementation.

Even if there was a way for the compiler to detect this condition the result would be a build
without any optimizations, ie it would be the same as cpuminer-multi.

My recommendation is to use cpuminer-multi on those algos.

So, anybody can help me to start mining neoscrypt coin?

Tom

Hey Tom, I'm having the same issue as you - I haven't found a resolution yet but it seems specific to ccminer..  My post from earlier:

Hey guys, hoping someone can assist here.. 

In SMOS I cannot mine coins under the ccminer-tpruvot-v2.1 program (using supernova).  However, ewbf-0.3.4b works fine for equihash through supernova.

For example my DCR connection in SMOS is:

-a decred -o stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:3252 -u user.miner -p minerpw

I receive the error in xminer.sh at line 58:  Illegal Instruction $MINER_PATH $MINER_OPTIONS

This connection sting works fine on the rig's linux desktop through ccminer directly when SMOS is bypassed.

I've edited xminer.sh to display the variables, they list as:

MINER_PATH: /root/miner/ccminer-tpruvot-v2.1/ccminer
MINER_OPTIONS: -a decred -o stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:3252 -u user.miner -p minerpw

I just upgraded this rig (my first) from one old 960 nvidia card to dual 1060s.  The error was present on both configurations, but otherwise mining works just fine for equihash/ewbf when booted from the SMOS USB, but not tpruvot..
Activity: 38
any profit calculator?
i have multiple 1060s

want to compare profit

lets say 6 1060s?
Activity: 44
hi guys
i have a z270-a prime with 3 cards on it for the moment (rx570 nitro+ 8gb) , its working under win10 and it not working under simplemining...

i downloaded the dag fix version and i can't make claymore working....

I does work. I got such mainboard and 6xrx570 nitro+ 8gb...

strange, my 2 rigs with z270-a prime works nice under win10, and nothing with simplemining fresh install, with dag fix image.
some errors when i boot on the sandisk usb and simpleming never reach configuration....
any solution ?

I have the -p version of that motherboard with 8 rx580's, works great. You have to set the bios up just as in this post or it won't work.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/asus-prime-z270-p-1917749

Post #18 is the settings.

just didnt put the latest bios...
set up above 4g on , gen2 on all pcie etc
i will try to put the last bios

on z270 u have to leave PCI to Auto as Tytanic said
also you will have to enable 4G but when do it that u must enable internal graphics of mobo , change it to IGP !
try these settings and later probably upgrade to latest bios

ok perfect !
i will try this tomorrow !
all my pcie are under gen2 on my z270-a under win10 and it works pretty nice but i prefer use simplemining.

usually, when its working under win10, i have no problem with simplemining but not on this mobo...

thx
Activity: 23
Merit: 3
Hi there,

Just had a little problem with the OS. The simplemining website shows my rig is off but it is actually hashing fine. I also tried to ssh into the rig but got connect refused error. I am wondering if anyone had the similar issue before? Is there way to fix or troubleshoot the issue?

Thanks in advance.
J

I have the same issue. Rig shows OFF, is not mining, but the rig is actually running fine.
I'ts SMOS not reading it.
I have to manually turn the rig off and on for SMOS to recognize it again and start mining again.

I sent email to admin, but goddamed holidays, i fcking hate December!
Activity: 5
Hi,
I`m trying to mine NeoScrypt coin using ccminer-tpruvot-v2.1. When CCMINER connects to pool i recieve error shown bellow:

============ Starting Miner ===============
*** ccminer 2.2 for nVidia GPUs by tpruvot@github ***
    Built with the nVidia CUDA Toolkit 8.0 64-bits

Originally based on Christian Buchner and Christian H. project
  Include some algos from alexis78, djm34, sp, tsiv and klausT.

BTC donation address: 1AJdfCpLWPNoAMDfHF1wD5y8VgKSSTHxPo (tpruvot)

[2018-01-01 20:20:53] Starting on stratum+tcp://eu1.miningpool.shop:4233
[2018-01-01 20:20:53] NVML GPU monitoring enabled.
[2018-01-01 20:20:53] 4 miner threads started, using 'neoscrypt' algorithm.
/root/xminer.sh: line 58: 17825 Illegal instruction     $MINER_PATH $MINER_OPTIONS
Miner ended/crashed. Restarting miner in 10 seconds --------------

My config line looks line this: -a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://eu1.miningpool.shop:4233 -u KI9gEKJgSCbAsYj6dwW4CrnxkM3hjwFADD -p c=GBX

I tried to run ccminer from shell using putty to logon into SMOS miner.

[2018-01-02 16:20:41] Starting on stratum+tcp://eu1.altminer.net:4233
[2018-01-02 16:20:41] NVML GPU monitoring enabled.
[2018-01-02 16:20:41] 4 miner threads started, using 'neoscrypt' algorithm.
[2018-01-02 16:20:41] MESSAGE FROM SERVER: welcome on ALTMINER.NET - happy mining!
Illegal instruction
root@simpleminer:~/miner/ccminer-skunk-krnlx#

It looks like wrong compilation of CCMINER.

I find something about this in google:
An illegal instruction usually means the CPU hasn't implemented it, often when trying to
ue AES instructions on a CPU that doesn't support AES. In this case it appears these AMD
CPUs don't have the full SSE2 implementation.

Even if there was a way for the compiler to detect this condition the result would be a build
without any optimizations, ie it would be the same as cpuminer-multi.

My recommendation is to use cpuminer-multi on those algos.

So, anybody can help me to start mining neoscrypt coin?

Tom

Activity: 103
Merit: 11
How do I mine NeoScrypt coins with SMos? I don't see it in the list of available miners. Is it not possible?

What about Lyra2REV?

Thanks for the OS, I love it so far!

Yes to both. Use Tpruvot. I highly recommend the readme files for the installed miners and Google.
Activity: 72
hi guys
i have a z270-a prime with 3 cards on it for the moment (rx570 nitro+ 8gb) , its working under win10 and it not working under simplemining...

i downloaded the dag fix version and i can't make claymore working....

I does work. I got such mainboard and 6xrx570 nitro+ 8gb...

strange, my 2 rigs with z270-a prime works nice under win10, and nothing with simplemining fresh install, with dag fix image.
some errors when i boot on the sandisk usb and simpleming never reach configuration....
any solution ?

I have the -p version of that motherboard with 8 rx580's, works great. You have to set the bios up just as in this post or it won't work.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/asus-prime-z270-p-1917749

Post #18 is the settings.

just didnt put the latest bios...
set up above 4g on , gen2 on all pcie etc
i will try to put the last bios

on z270 u have to leave PCI to Auto as Tytanic said
also you will have to enable 4G but when do it that u must enable internal graphics of mobo , change it to IGP !
try these settings and later probably upgrade to latest bios
Activity: 3
both my etherium wallets both say invalid when i click them from the simpleminng.net interface, ethpool is missing the first 2 numbers and dwarfpool has the first 2 numbers 2x in a row how can i get this fixed?
Activity: 19
How do I mine NeoScrypt coins with SMos? I don't see it in the list of available miners. Is it not possible?

What about Lyra2REV?

Thanks for the OS, I love it so far!
Activity: 41
Merit: 1
Hello Guys,

Does anyone had problem like :

POWERSTAGE : NaN ??

Is not possible to change it... rig working fine, but have 322 mhs, should have arround 350.
Have tried reinstall SM OS - nothing.

Board : ASROCK H110 pro btc + ( before i have used it with gtx cards) now is at RX 570 - maybe need restart bios at board?..

Thanks!

Delete your rig in smos and it will again show as noname. And then you will be good.
Activity: 1
I have a question. You can install OptiminerZero on SimpleMininOS to extract a Zero coin. https://github.com/Optiminer/OptiminerZero
Jump to: