Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 249. (Read 835509 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Anyone good tip for me ? Please

Hi,
I think there is no way to use that option in Claymore because of SMOS dashboard's settings for the rig overwrite it allways.
IMHO, not 100% !
Activity: 18
Hello everyone and dear SimpleMining Admin first!

I'm a faithful user of SM_OS, but I have few issuies with nvOS that worry me very much. Please, comment if you know:

1. I use HDDs and USB-flash on my rigs. It seems to be that Linux stops hard drive rudely on switching computer off.
I feel it by fingers on 5 different HDDs & can find indirect evidences on USB-Flash too.

Sometimes soft powering down rig (press PWR button shortly) and then switching it on after a few seconds brings me one of the following:

a) OS boots OK, but then it cannot connect to the server. Rig is not seen on dashboard (red). Only rewriting the image to HDD or USB-Flash can help. Often issue after some update. Never appeared before week or two ago. Please, refer to Photo1.
b) OS boot process fails with "kernel panic" (was a few times only, later too). Hard power down + wait 5-10s + power on -> rig starts fine and works.
c) HDD slows down writing speed from 50Mb/s to 3Mb/s [HDDRawCopy]. One HDD behaved so, then after a few issues on "a)" it ceased to be found by bios at all. Today second HDD slowed down it's writing speed right to 3Mb/s and I'm afraid of it's future.  I'm not sure, drives are not new. But every drive worked well and were tested in Victoria HDD program before being installed into rig.
d) Flash drive showed as Photo2. Rewriting the image helped. Appeared a few times before.

2. One of rigs became to show me Photo3 on booting up. There was no message about "Ctrl+D" before on any of my 7 rigs. Rewriting of the nvOS image to the HDD drive hadn't helped.

P.S.: update for a): The only thing that I changed in my hardware during last 2 weks was adding Cisca router to LAN network. It looked as provider_cable + TP-Link WiFi+LAN router with DHCP + 16-channel LAN switch before. Now Cisca Wifi+LAN router added as a simple LAN switch.
I had a problem with my Windows notebook: after some power off-on it appeared to see Cisca as a main internet gateway, but I fixed it by setting gateway IP manualy. Deleting of Cisca router from network did not help on "a)" issue, only image rewrite helped.

Thankful for any advice.

Sorry, don't understand how to add pictures in right way...
Photo1: http://imgur.com/a/zo7Dr
Photo2: http://imgur.com/a/FXTdz
Photo3: http://imgur.com/a/wVr1L
Activity: 7
Hi guys i need help.
I use simpleminnig with claymore 10.2

But i cant change my fan control with
This command
fanmin   set minimal fan speed, in percents, for example, "-fanmin 50" will set minimal fans speed to 50%. You can also specify values for every card, for example "-fanmin 50,60,70".
   This option works only if miner manages cooling, i.e. when "-tt" option is used to specify target temperature. Default value is "0".
   Note: for NVIDIA cards this option is not supported.

When i set -fanmin 40,60

Istn work Sad

I can change min fan control only in overclocking menu.
When i set command -tt 75 -fanmin 40,60

I have this message : Failed to set new fan speed check if minner has root acces.

How unlock root acces?

Anyone good tip for me ? Please
Hi Everyone,

Today's my first day using SMOS after hearing much about it. So far it's been great! I'm mining on miningpoolhub using DSTM 0.5.7.

I've got a couple of questions that I hope I can get some answers/clarifications.

1. Using DSTM mining on equihash on miningpoolhub, I'm not able to see my worker stats. It is showing 0  although I do see that im mining and I'm getting paid. am I missing some configuration?

2. Is there email notification available when one of the rig is down?

Thanks everyone and have a great day!

1. This is really an issue with miningpoolhub. I would recommend you monitor that thread for updates https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annpool-mining-pool-hub-multipool-multialgo-auto-exchange-to-any-coin-472510 Having said that, MPH is notorious for not having up to date statistics.  Their equihash worker statistics have been totally broken for about a week and register nothing.

2. MPH can do this but see #1 but it's really only effective if you're mining one coin otherwise you get a lot of false positives. I think Tytanick said he would work on a telegram capability but there was no announcement on delivery dates.

Thanks alot, looking forward to a version of SMOS with notification. Smiley
Hi have been mining for 48 hours at  approx. 1900 sols on miner name dstm-v0.5.7         with this under options --server europe.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com --port 20570 --user youraccount.$rigName --pass x

and 48 hours with a 2 card rig at 42 mh/s on miner name claymore-eth-v10.2   with this under options  

-wd 1 -r 1 -epool stratum+tcp://eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal $walletETH/$rigName -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333 -asm 1

My wallet has the 0x at the beginning of it.  Does in look like this is all set up correctly?  I have been holding my breath for a payment on the first rig for 2 days now thinking something would pop into my account.

Also, I am in the US, not europe...does this matter?  

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

I'm on mph as well, your configuration looks OK for mph, just make sure you actually replace "youraccount" with your actual account name that you created on mph.

Hole E Crap...I need to have an account on MPH?  
I had no idea.  
And every other pool?

Just setup and acct on MPH.   Does this look right now? Do I need to enter my rig name?  THANK YOU!!

--server europe.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com --port 20570 --dirtydeeds.$rigName --pass x

Once you create an account on MPH, you can use the same account name for all pools on MPH. $rigName is alright, it will replace with ur actual hostname. I think you accidentally removed the --user parameter. It should be:

--server europe.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com --port 20570 --user dirtydeeds.$rigName --pass x

Once started, you should be able to see your worker under 'Hub workers'.

Wait for a couple of hours, you can start to see your payments using this webpage:
https://miningpoolhubstats.com/index.php/USD/

All the best! Smiley
Activity: 102
I posted previously about my hashrate being cut in half when using SMOS vs Windows 10.  I noticed that my GPU-Util is not maxing out (40%-80% range).  The power usage/cap seem to be normal and I'm not OCing at all.  Any ideas what's going on here??

Screencap :
https://imgur.com/bAwftWB
Activity: 15
Hi have been mining for 48 hours at  approx. 1900 sols on miner name dstm-v0.5.7         with this under options --server europe.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com --port 20570 --user youraccount.$rigName --pass x

and 48 hours with a 2 card rig at 42 mh/s on miner name claymore-eth-v10.2   with this under options  

-wd 1 -r 1 -epool stratum+tcp://eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal $walletETH/$rigName -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333 -asm 1

My wallet has the 0x at the beginning of it.  Does in look like this is all set up correctly?  I have been holding my breath for a payment on the first rig for 2 days now thinking something would pop into my account.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

I'm on mph as well, your configuration looks OK for mph, just make sure you actually replace "youraccount" with your actual account name that you created on mph.

Hole E Crap...I need to have an account on MPH?  
I had no idea.  
And every other pool?

Just setup and acct on MPH.   Does this look right now? Do I need to enter my rig name?  THANK YOU!!

--server europe.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com --port 20570 --dirtydeeds.$rigName --pass x
Activity: 2

tytanick

Just started mining couple of days ago. Was working fine, using 580's, it was slow on hashrate, around 17 mhs per card on ethereum. So decided to update on simplemining, within the Rig List, I was assuming this is the Dagfix for AMD cards, but now I am getting :  

Minimal BASH - like line editing is supported. for the first word, TAB lists possible command completions. Anywhere else -TAB lists possible device or file completions. grub _

From this point, I don't know what to do.... was hoping for some help..    Please....   8^)

Just posting again, hoping for a response....

8^)
Hi have been mining for 48 hours at  approx. 1900 sols on miner name dstm-v0.5.7         with this under options --server europe.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com --port 20570 --user youraccount.$rigName --pass x

and 48 hours with a 2 card rig at 42 mh/s on miner name claymore-eth-v10.2   with this under options 

My wallet has the 0x at the beginning of it.  Does in look like this is all set up correctly?  I have been holding my breath for a payment on the first rig for 2 days now thinking something would pop into my account.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Activity: 15
Hi have been mining for 48 hours at  approx. 1900 sols on miner name dstm-v0.5.7         with this under options --server europe.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com --port 20570 --user youraccount.$rigName --pass x

and 48 hours with a 2 card rig at 42 mh/s on miner name claymore-eth-v10.2   with this under options 

My wallet has the 0x at the beginning of it.  Does in look like this is all set up correctly?  I have been holding my breath for a payment on the first rig for 2 days now thinking something would pop into my account.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
Activity: 4
@tytanick please help me with this issue.
We are still preparing new ccminer so please wait for new version.

Any chance new user registration will be open today  Grin

Thanks for your work!

I was able to register today, thanks!
Activity: 8
Hi to everybody, I hope to write in the correct place and if someone can help me with my problem.
Sorry about my english, I'll try to explain :
I've two rigs, one with 7 rx gpu (3x470+4x570) and one with 10 gtx 1050ti
Till version 1131 anykind of problem, now from about one month the nvidia rig cause me lot of problem, every day (also two or three time) it stop to mine and cause to stop also the rx rig ; rx rig not crash, not trasmit/receive data, nvidia rig seems that occupy the whole swith band, also other computers connected at the same swith cannot trasmit/receive any data.
But when I switch off nvidia rig everything start to work perfectly.
Any idea how to resolve ?l
Sorry for my English too))
A similar problem with my two rigs. On the etherium, they often reboot and just as tightly hang the switch! I could not solve this problem because I'm too lazy - and while I just switched them to another algorithm on which they do not reboot ...
But I suspect that the problem in the power supply unit, which on a more resource-intensive algorithm does not work.
Hopмaльнo oбъяcни чe нe тaк, блдъ!
Hi to everybody, I hope to write in the correct place and if someone can help me with my problem.
Till version 1131 anykind of problem, now from about one month the nvidia rig cause me lot of problem, every day (also two or three time) it stop to mine and cause to stop also the rx rig ; rx rig not crash, not trasmit/receive data, nvidia rig seems that occupy the whole swith band, also other computers connected at the same swith cannot trasmit/receive any data.
Sorry for my English too))
A similar problem with my two rigs. On the etherium, they often reboot and just as tightly hang the switch! I could not solve this problem because I'm too lazy - and while I just switched them to another algorithm on which they do not reboot ...
But I suspect that the problem in the power supply unit, which on a more resource-intensive algorithm does not work.
Activity: 35
Merit: 5
Activity: 107
is it possible to have email notification when a miner crash ? or when a GPU crashes ?

thanks
On ethermine.org you can tick Send a mail if one of my workers goes offline
And it will send u email if miner fail
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
is it possible to have email notification when a miner crash ? or when a GPU crashes ?

thanks
Activity: 103
Merit: 11
Hi Everyone,

Today's my first day using SMOS after hearing much about it. So far it's been great! I'm mining on miningpoolhub using DSTM 0.5.7.

I've got a couple of questions that I hope I can get some answers/clarifications.

1. Using DSTM mining on equihash on miningpoolhub, I'm not able to see my worker stats. It is showing 0  although I do see that im mining and I'm getting paid. am I missing some configuration?

2. Is there email notification available when one of the rig is down?

Thanks everyone and have a great day!

1. This is really an issue with miningpoolhub. I would recommend you monitor that thread for updates https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annpool-mining-pool-hub-multipool-multialgo-auto-exchange-to-any-coin-472510 Having said that, MPH is notorious for not having up to date statistics.  Their equihash worker statistics have been totally broken for about a week and register nothing.

2. MPH can do this but see #1 but it's really only effective if you're mining one coin otherwise you get a lot of false positives. I think Tytanick said he would work on a telegram capability but there was no announcement on delivery dates.
Activity: 10
Hi @tytanick,
I would like to know if is possible to enable/disable the gpus by ssh command, from another server.
What's would be the command?

Thanks
Activity: 16
I was looking into running SMOS and noticed in the change log the version of ethminer is 0.11. Will SMOS update that to the latest stable release of Ethminer  soon? I want the hash rate reporting bug fix included in the latest stable release (version 0.12).

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Hello...new to mining and using SMOS.  I have 2 rigs on SMOS.  How do payouts work?  Have had one rig online with dstmv057 for 36 hours and haven't received anything.   Cry
I guess these are my questions:
How frequent are payouts?
Is there anyway to change the payout threshold?
If I switch pools will I get a pay out for a pool that I only mined in for say 5 hours?
If I have 2 miners in 1 pool, will the payout be combined, or one payout per rig?
Thank you in advance...please help this noob!

The answer is simple.
I dont take or hold anyones hash power.
You are pointing your rigs into pool that you choose and then pool pays you, not me.
So it depend on pool, and You should check pool website for details.

My OS is just gateway that can be easy managed and monitored from dashboard. Nothing else.

About the big font asking for alexis miner Smiley
I will implement trupvot miner becasue alexis from my research it only shows bigger hashrate but in pool it is only lower.
And i also dont want to have all the miners in the world in my OS. Just the most wanted/most profitable over bigger period of time.

Jump to: