Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 259. (Read 835509 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
@tytanick: We need also a better ccminer version, 2.2.3 or something...Please, when you have time.

Thank you for your work. I have 6 rigs on smos, and more to come!

Happy new year to all of you!
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
UPDATE v1135
added miner dstm-v0.5.7

I also send internal message to every SimpleMining user to check their deposits.
I found some bug in php code.
When deposit is beeing added to account balance, my system check external API to check what is current crypto exchange rate to $$$.
Sometimes this api returns 0$ and becasue of that bug sometimes (like 2% cases) the transfer isnt accually aded to account balance.
Even if you have in history good transfer value in Dollars still sometimes happened that this wasnt added to your balance.
This is becasue i am receiving few IPN statuses form coinpayments gateway.
Anyway i am completly honest i want you guys to check your balance and tell me if you will see that some of your deposits wasnt added to your balance !
If you suspect that you are one of those 2% users then just send me email to [email protected] and i will check your account if something isnt right.
Anyway i am sorry for that issue. We already fixed it yesterday. We are using different external API this time and even if it will return error or 0$ then we are trying also second API as a backup.
I really want to be 100% honest and transparent with Fee that i am taking.
So if you suspect that something is misscalculated - then just send me email and tell me what is wrong Smiley

BTW.
Also second important information.
I discovered 2 interesting things during holidays.

1. The SSH credentials to rig: miner/miner and root/miner1324 is well known to whole internet by now.
There are bots in internet that are connecting to EVERY SINGLE IP address and trying to use those credentials to log in to ssh.
I saw that and in update v1134 i implemented some checkup to see which rigs are beeing accessed and "hacked" and i found that few rigs are for real hacked.
Dont worry guys, it is possible only to hack rig if you will forward 22 port of your rig to your external ip address.
And i checked those few cases and most of then had 22 port forwarded directly to rig and the rest fo them had public ip's assigned directly to rig Cheesy
So my recommendation is : DONT FORWARD 22 port to your rig and DONT ASSIGN PUBLIC IP directly to your rig !
The same problem has ETHOS where credentials are well known to users and whole internet.
So the bots are checking all internet and tryng to use those credentials Smiley
There were 30 rigs in my OS that had this issue and i sent email to every user that i saw had this problem.
If you really want to forward 22 port to your rig, please remember to change password on your miner and root account.

2. From 24 December i see that someone from Brasil is trying to brute force to random accounts.
This is one of the IP's https://www.abuseipdb.com/check/201.83.28.220
But honestly, this "bothet" is using like 2000-10000 IP's or even more to "test" login credentials in my system.
I debugged data he sends to my servers and it is very clear that he is using some leaked accounts and paswords databases.
Most of those accounts he is trying to access i dont even have in database. So good luck with that Tongue
Thats why i advice to use custom password that was never used anywhere else Smiley
Guys it is better to use lastpass or dashlane or keepass to keep your passwords random for every page AND remember only one master password.
Anyway because of that problem i will be implementing captcha again...
This time i wont use google captcha becasue some of You had problem with this one i will figure out something better.
I also have already prepared 2FA system based on google authenticator/authy2 so it will be implemented sonn in january after more tests.

Also when i alreadywrote so much text .... i just wanted to share my next goals.
We are working on telegram notifications in case of rig beeing offline - thats the most wanted feature.
The January will be totally sacrificed for perfecting SRRv2, new firmware and Extension Boards.
There will be also many orders so i am expecting big delays in shipping to You guys.
After we will cool down from those orders we will start making some new targets for 2018 year.
I am thinking abount voting pool for new features to keep track what you guys REALLY NEED and what is most important to You.
I dont have much feedback from you so it is sometimes hard to tell what should i do next ....
And then also we will be doing some REST API to bring simplemining to next level Smiley
Anyway i am really happy that "MOST" of you are satisfied using simplemining and i hope i wont let anyone down Cheesy
In next year i will also be trying to expand our team to produce new features faster.

I am really happy that i can GIVE something good to You guys and i am really happy about that.
Thx and i wish you HAPPY NEW YEAR Smiley
Activity: 103
Merit: 11
so do i need to install some kind of OS itno rig or the OS is inside the usb drive with the miner?

Did you read page 1?
Activity: 103
Merit: 11
hello, is it possible to put a miner on NeoScrypt, thank you very much

Google. Then configure tpruvot and Google again.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
so do i need to install some kind of OS itno rig or the OS is inside the usb drive with the miner?
Activity: 1
Hello! I use the local network. My IP 192.168.5.1 gateway. How to set the rig in a local network 192.168.5.210
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Anyone know of how to keep track of how many times SRR reboots your miner? Other then the reboot () in the dashboard - is there a log just for SRR???

It should be in the web interface of the srr
Activity: 18
hello, is it possible to put a miner on NeoScrypt, thank you very much
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 2792
Escrow Service
Can i activate a higher log level and Save that on the usb Stick, to find a card that Crash always my rig?
Is it more profitable to dual mine?
Anyone know of how to keep track of how many times SRR reboots your miner? Other then the reboot () in the dashboard - is there a log just for SRR???
Activity: 29
Got a strange issue here:
i made a new rig. When i first checked it it was registering fine with smOS and i added it to supernova.
Short after i started to crash cause of some OC parameters. I switched some parts (was still assembeling and trying first with one card so i wanted to be sure its not a faulty ram etc)
Now the rig mines fine (wiht another card) but its not displayed in the RigList. In the RigGroup i can see that it is registering "online" with EWBF while the rest is dstm. However it is actually mining with dstm (if i look on the local screen). I had EWBF just temporary when it was crashing to exclude its an issue with dstm and that card. Under Supernova i can see that the rig is delivering its shares.

So: Does anyone knows how do i can get the Rig back in the rig list to make some modifications ? Every other rig is displayed fine in the list

fixed it by flashing the usb again. seems like something went wrong in the filesystem.

self note: dont call a rig "garbage" while testing or things will "happen".
Activity: 6
My rig run SMOS normally before but now starting up can not connect to simplemining.net. It says: connecting to simplemining.net ... try 2/4, 3/4... 6/4. I login to simpleming.net  and do not see my rig online. My internet connection is ok. Anyone please tell me how to fix this problem. Thanks!

Did you edit your .conf file and spell your email correctly?

I am sure my email address is correct because it worked ok last time.
Gettin "Binary file (standard input) matches" after claymore successfully have listed all 13 cards.

My setup is following:

-ethi 6 -gser 2 -eres 1 -wd 0 -epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal 0x235e69e5723beddbcf9a5c3d173fe07f8a5ade53.bigrig -epsw x -mode 1 -ftime 10

The -ethi 6, -gser 2  and -eres 1 settings is my attempt to figure out a fix. they were not nessicary until recently!

Running simplemining OS on asrock h110 pro btc+ from a fast usb3 stick. 16 GB ram, intel 4600 gpu, 2x 1000 psu. Hardware should be fine, but software keeps bugging me..
Also have a mild overclock/underclock (some of my cards are flashed an tested successfully at 2150-2200, yet again, some of them only to 1900 stock. Have set 2000 as memory overclock. And as i stated earlyer, it has worked fine untill this day. Suddenly i have a plethora of restarts for no aparant reason... and "Gettin Binary file (standard input) matches" does not help me much in figuring out the problem.... Before my problem started i had a steady 375mh/sec.. Now the few times im able to start the miner i get like 187 for a short while, then the miner restarts. When the miner restarts and listing the cards i notice that their stated memory has been cut inhalf,., so the4GB 570 suddenly has 2GB, same with 580, 8gb, listed as 4gb...

Also this problem has started to occur.. again out of the blue.. was working fine just a few days ago
============ OVERCLOCKING =================                                                                                                                                                                                                     |
/root/utils/oc_dpm.sh: line 6: [: 2000,2000,2000,2000,2000,2000,2000,2000,2000,2000,2000,2000,2000: integer expression expected                                                                                                                 |
Invalid OC values: core:0 memory:2000 , skipping OC                                                                                                                                                                    

Please Help!
Losing money every our of downtime. Got a pretty long ROI on this setup...

a Donation is in zcash or eth is in order for the one who are able to return my rig to its former glory Smiley

I resolved this issue by adding the following to the miner command line:  -Li 3

example:

-ethi 6 -gser 2 -eres 1 -wd 0 -Li 3 -epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal 0x235e69e5723beddbcf9a5c3d173fe07f8a5ade53.bigrig -epsw x -mode 1 -ftime 10

Hope this helps!!

ZEC: t1SWKkb8RmEcZcnwvwyzxLRKK2tY5C85EFx
Activity: 29
Got a strange issue here:
i made a new rig. When i first checked it it was registering fine with smOS and i added it to supernova.
Short after i started to crash cause of some OC parameters. I switched some parts (was still assembeling and trying first with one card so i wanted to be sure its not a faulty ram etc)
Now the rig mines fine (wiht another card) but its not displayed in the RigList. In the RigGroup i can see that it is registering "online" with EWBF while the rest is dstm. However it is actually mining with dstm (if i look on the local screen). I had EWBF just temporary when it was crashing to exclude its an issue with dstm and that card. Under Supernova i can see that the rig is delivering its shares.

So: Does anyone knows how do i can get the Rig back in the rig list to make some modifications ? Every other rig is displayed fine in the list
Activity: 107
I have tried overclocking my RX cards via the website, i re-start the rig and when it starts overclocking
The first gpu gets fine, the second gets an error and says
GPU1 is not a RX card.
What could be the issue ?

dear friends,

plz put some light on this problem, i have all rx 570 card with original bios, but i am also getting the same problem. plz solve this.

thanks
I had this problem.. But now after installing 2 more gpus in my rig( ihad 4 now i have 6)
i get error
BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck 22s
when  I start my rig after overclocking gpus on the site
Activity: 2
Does anyone know how to solve this problem? My USB flash drive isn't being recognized as a boot device. Apparently, the SMOS image doesn't make the USB flash drive UEFI? The USB flash drive I use for Ubuntu is recognized but it shows up as a UEFI device. I'm just wondering if my BIOS won't recognize it unless it's UEFI.

I'm using a Gigabyte H110-D3A mobo, with latest Bios version F23a for mining, and have set all mining parameters. I see no option for booting legacy devices.

I want to give an update to this. I did find the problem. This mobo has a fancy "Mining Mode" setting which I had enabled thinking it would help. It didn't because it's really only good for Windows mining. It forces things like UEFI. I disabled Mining Mode and set all of the BIOS settings I needed. USB stick with SMOS is recognized and I'm up and running. My thanks to all those who contribute. Cool
Activity: 14
I have tried overclocking my RX cards via the website, i re-start the rig and when it starts overclocking
The first gpu gets fine, the second gets an error and says
GPU1 is not a RX card.
What could be the issue ?

dear friends,

plz put some light on this problem, i have all rx 570 card with original bios, but i am also getting the same problem. plz solve this.

thanks
Activity: 107
I cannot get to overclock my GPUs on claymore-eth-v10.2 rx os dagfix,  i get the error  BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck when  I start my rig after overclocking gpus on the site...
Jump to: