Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 317. (Read 835509 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Hi there

1 of my rig suddently dissappear from the riglist.

On ethermine it still.mining

How to add it back?
Activity: 44
Here you got the first photo shows the Missing Variables from Overclocking. I just started the rig to take the pictures and did not give it a chance to warm up. But you see in the left bottom of the picture the power usage for all 6 cards Once warmed up they all hit around 170 to 180 watts.

https://i.imgur.com/9zYicNO.jpg
tested this only for you now, i have no missing variables
https://i.imgur.com/31ZFntb.jpg
Activity: 287
Merit: 100
Activity: 141
Merit: 10
Here you got the first photo shows the Missing Variables from Overclocking. I just started the rig to take the pictures and did not give it a chance to warm up. But you see in the left bottom of the picture the power usage for all 6 cards Once warmed up they all hit around 170 to 180 watts.

The second photo, you can see the the core clocks which are above 1900 MHz. Stock they run 1531 MHz and Boost they run 1721 MHz. And the Memory I don't overclock for zcash.

Can you snap a pic with that error with your phone? And then one of the clocks in the management console? I enabled the mvddc line thru Tytanick's suggestion. Perhaps that same root/utils/oc_dpm2.sh file on your boot drive is both the problem & solution to your error.

Dude I am not the only one. One of the reasons tytanick push the update 1128 out was because some of the Nvidia users could not overclock! I have listen to the only I think 2 that replied and they said the same as each other said. Here others that are having overclocking problems.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.22752842  

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.22785701

Your not listening to me. I cannot change the power limit or the overclock setting. SMOS is not doing what you tell it to. Every time you save and it restarts you watch it scroll down the screen as it loads and come across Overclocking under this line you will see it say Missing Variables. So SMOS did not save or whatever the settings!

As the OS is called Simple you cannot change any overclock or power limit settings! As I been saying in all my post the cards are averaging 177 watts and you cannot change it in Simplemining! The core is overclocked above 1900 MHz. You cannot change it to the stock clock of 1531 MHz or even to the Boost clock of 1721 MHz.

dude we all here using smos, and u are the only one who cannot set the power limit nor overclock
if u want help, try to listen to others
good luck  Grin
Activity: 3
Hello! I have a problem with my rig; just added second card for mining but it runs hotter (GTX1070). I tried to downclock but it's still hot. What do you suggest?

Please find attached screenshot.. Thanks for your help!

https://pasteboard.co/GOyEoVI.png
Activity: 17
hi, i`d run a rig for 1 month and yesterday add a cupple o gpu rx580, now i`m getting there is no screen to be attached matching miner error. at the same time change for new dugfix version...? What could it be?
thanks in advance!!

Usually I reboot SMOS and the message goes away.
If it is not, try under overclocking.

Dagfix, you need to set up new Core Unvervolting and PowerState, overclocking screen.
Most of my setting is 850/3 (RX570/580), some 800/3 (RX470).

It is not difficult. You need just time to find the right setting for your rigs.
Activity: 12
I woke up, but there is no solution. There is no support for the product.
Thanks to the developer for the lost my money and time! And thanks for your silence!

I bought an ethOS, I'll go later to install it.
Activity: 3
hi, i`d run a rig for 1 month and yesterday add a cupple o gpu rx580, now i`m getting there is no screen to be attached matching miner error. at the same time change for new dugfix version...? What could it be?
thanks in advance!!
Activity: 2
Can you snap a pic with that error with your phone? And then one of the clocks in the management console? I enabled the mvddc line thru Tytanick's suggestion. Perhaps that same root/utils/oc_dpm2.sh file on your boot drive is both the problem & solution to your error.

Dude I am not the only one. One of the reasons tytanick push the update 1128 out was because some of the Nvidia users could not overclock! I have listen to the only I think 2 that replied and they said the same as each other said. Here others that are having overclocking problems.

Your not listening to me. I cannot change the power limit or the overclock setting. SMOS is not doing what you tell it to. Every time you save and it restarts you watch it scroll down the screen as it loads and come across Overclocking under this line you will see it say Missing Variables. So SMOS did not save or whatever the settings!

As the OS is called Simple you cannot change any overclock or power limit settings! As I been saying in all my post the cards are averaging 177 watts and you cannot change it in Simplemining! The core is overclocked above 1900 MHz. You cannot change it to the stock clock of 1531 MHz or even to the Boost clock of 1721 MHz.

dude we all here using smos, and u are the only one who cannot set the power limit nor overclock
good luck  Grin

Hello.
Im having similar issues to. But i like to point out that im pretty sure, it is related to video/bios video options/video ports, etc, something about that.

Im using, biostar tb250-btc pro for 12 GPUs, and only in some situations i can get the cards to overclock, and only some times. If someone have an advice, or this can help to solve the issue...

monitor connected to dvi port on the motherboard:

Primary display: Igfx
     System boots but no video on monitor. I can control things on simplemining.net. Overclocking does not work.
  Primary display: Auto or PEG
     No video but overclocking works

monitor connected to dvi port on GPU on 16x port (with riser)
   Primary display: Igfx
     no video. no boot
  Primary display: Auto or PEG
     i can see a dialog: [email protected], something like that. after that, monitor goes blank and i can only see a grin line and some purple dots at the top of the monitor.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Activity: 49
Wolf, any thoughts on why HBM2 isn't living up to the hype? Drivers not good enough??

Tytanick ,  RX Vega full support is applied in the las update ?...... could you add Cast XMR miner ?  (that miner reach 2000 H/s in XMR per card)... thank you

I HIGHLY doubt he'll get RX Vega going in the immediate future. I just got that pissy bitch of an architecture working on Linux myself.

good luck  Grin

good luck  Grin
Activity: 68
Tytanick ,  RX Vega full support is applied in the las update ?...... could you add Cast XMR miner ?  (that miner reach 2000 H/s in XMR per card)... thank you
Activity: 9

good luck  Grin

tytanick said

I can tell you my setup but your not going to be able to help. It's SMOS causing the problems

Intel g4400
MSI Z170A G45
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 4 gb
Kingston 16gb USB
6 - MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
Corsair AX 1200i
Antec Quattro 1000
6 - powered usb risers Ver 006C

1. set ur desired power limit 1st, nvidia oc depends on that (if u had good cooling maybe 150watt for ZEC mining)
2. if it can run stable, start adding value to gpu core.. start with 100
3. what miner did u use, and what variable did u add

and smos is not the problem, i have using it on nv and amd rigs
the only problem i had is, smos doesnt detect my RX VEGA rigs LOL
Activity: 4
dual mining,

all RX580's 8gb Saphire Nitros and Gigabytes only, 6 cards / rig. Using the undervolt & OC functionalities of SMOS only, BIOS modded for only memory straps, but I had a friend of mine do it for me so I don't have his precise settings.

Undervolt for sure works better after the core undervolt + dag fix update, used in combination with low powerstage values. Energy consumption is lower and the rigs are cooler now after the last update, I'll try to get an exact voltmeter reading from the wall next time we are doing maintenance and post it here...

All the Best

Can you please inform about yours rig speed (for ETH and other), dual mine? eth+?, overclocking setup, undervolting setup?
AND a photo about your watt from wall if you have a meter.
AND it will be perfect the infos from your friend.

That will be help -hopefully- for other people and after that maybe can confirm a lot of smOS user confirm that everything is ok.

hi,
i have now managed to find a reliable and for my taste, a well performing setup for my rigs running on SMOS.
it took me 2 weeks of trial and error to get it running and most of the issues cam from hardware problems, riser and PCIe slots etc. and never from SMOS.
I tried windows in the beginning as i grew up with windows and do not like command prompt screens, but i had only problems with driver and other stuff.

By now i am almost getting bored by mining as since several days all my 4 AMD SMOS rigs are running and hashing away without a hickup. My 5th rig is a small GTX 1060 6gb rig which i run on Windows 10 does the same
I have got a screenshot of my SMOS rig setup and all are running on the standard 900 undervolt value, but dont know how to insert it into the message.
Maybe someone can advise

To me it is most important to have them running non stop, even on a less than maximum speed and relatively reasonable Watt usage.
Monero rigs are running between 580 and 650 Watt and the dual ETH + DCR rig001 about 900 watt.

the price to maximize the hash rate is paid in interruption and stressful error analysis and i prefer peace of mind and run the systems at 85 to 90%

The screenshot would give you some ideas about the OC settings, if anyone can help to explain the upload

Sorry, as a newbie not allowed to post images
below are the values of my dashboard

Name - Group -  Notes - Status - Console - °C // - fan % - Core - Mem
   rig001 - eth + dcr -  6 x Sapphire Nitro RX570 (8GB)...MSI Z270-A PRO (MS-7A71) - ON(0)   175.79 MH/s 3339.97 MH/s   57 56 47 60 56 43 ℃ - 44 44 44 44 44 44 %   1125 1125 1125 1125 1125 1125 (4)
2150 2150 2150 2150 2150 2150      
   rig002  -   xmr   -  6 x RX 480 GPUs (8gb RAM) MSI,... - ASRock H81 Pro BTC R2.0- ON(0) - Highest: 4047.2 H/s - 50 48 44 46 38 40℃ - 55 55 55 55 55 55% - 1215 1206 1223 1168 1191 1306 (4)
2000 2000 2000 1950 1750 1750      
   rig003 - xmr - 5 x Sapphire Nitro RX 480 4gb - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON (M... - ON(0) - [2017-10-12 08:42:21] : New block detected.    -  43 48 48 50 48℃ - 47 47 47 47 47%   1191 1191 1191 1191 1191 (4) - 2150 2150 2150 2150 2150      
   rig005 - xmr - 3 x RX 480/ 2x570er/ 1xRX580 ... - ASRock H81 Pro BTC R2.0    - ON(0) - [2017-10-12 08:42:22] : New block detected. - 57 55 51 40 41 38℃ - 53 53 53 53 53 53%   1202 1202 1167 1150 1184 1150 (5) - 2100 2100 2100 2100 2100 2100      
Activity: 9
I can tell you my setup but your not going to be able to help. It's SMOS causing the problems

Intel g4400
MSI Z170A G45
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 4 gb
Kingston 16gb USB
6 - MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
Corsair AX 1200i
Antec Quattro 1000
6 - powered usb risers Ver 006C

1. set ur desired power limit 1st, nvidia oc depends on that (if u had good cooling maybe 150watt for ZEC mining)
2. if it can run stable, start adding value to gpu core.. start with 100
3. what miner did u use, and what variable did u add

and smos is not the problem, i have using it on nv and amd rigs
the only problem i had is, smos doesnt detect my RX VEGA rigs LOL
Activity: 16
Hello,

I'm trying to setup SMOS on a new rig, Mobo Asus Z270-P + 6x Sapphire RX470 mining edition but SM is not starting. I see a lot of continuous errors

AER: Corrected error received: id=00e3

PCIE Bus Error: severity=corrected, type=Physical Layer,

• error received
  • error received

* Testing with SMOS and SMOS Dag fix, Rig is working fine with WIN10

Can someone pls help me?

I have the same mobo, 4g enable and pcie gen 2 and works fine. I can look tomorow for more setings if you want
If SM doesn't start up, and that message stays on loop, that error means none of the GPU's were recognized at the motherboard level. In my case, my first batch of 18 riser cards were ALL bad. Switching these fixed it for me.

Hi I am getting a "no screen to be attached matching miner" had miner running for months, then psu went bad. I replaced psu but now get this error. Any help would be great, thanks
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Hi I am getting a "no screen to be attached matching miner" had miner running for months, then psu went bad. I replaced psu but now get this error. Any help would be great, thanks

Usually I just reboot / reset smOS and this message goes away
Jump to: