Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 321. (Read 835509 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
HI, i am using 13 p106-100 msi card in 1 rig.  Since last 2 days I am getting error "binary file (standard input) matches simple mining" very often and rig freezes. It doesn't restart itself. Kindly help !!

You need to  provide more information, this has no value, does the OS load? Does the miner start then fail?
Tough to help with out information.
If you have ANY overclocks, take them all out then reboot.
Activity: 14
Chuck732, don't overclock anything and see if it runs for a few days before playing with it again.
Activity: 141
Merit: 10
I loved this Simplemining OS for the first 3 days it ran. But now with overclocks not working I have a new problem. It's happen twice I fall a sleep and when I get up I see RED. All my cards are down and have to reboot. Why is this happening? What is casuing my cards to stop working?
Activity: 7
HI, i am using 13 p106-100 msi card in 1 rig.  Since last 2 days I am getting error "binary file (standard input) matches simple mining" very often and rig freezes. It doesn't restart itself. Kindly help !!
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Hi tytanick,
Can you stop with the time out on the website.
It is impossible now to manage our rigs we are always disconnected. My rigs are alive 24/7 so I need to be connected to the website 24/7 so can you stop the automatic disconnection.

If there is always disconnection there is no more interest in SMOS, we need a gui running with this OS.

Can you make a correction to this issue, thanks.

If you mean the Loggin Out.
Then yes it was a problem and it should be fixed now.
Thx for report.

I second that. No idea why the page logs me out.
Also the individual login link was a great future. Why is it gone?
I will make longer cookie duration, for example 48h.
Thats should do it.
Activity: 366
Merit: 250
Hi tytanick,
It is impossible now to manage our rigs we are always disconnected. My rigs are alive 24/7 so I need to be connected to the website 24/7 so can you stop the automatic disconnection.

If there is always disconnection there is no more interest in SMOS, we need a gui running with this OS.

I second that. No idea why the page logs me out.

Also the individual login link was a great future. Why is it gone?
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Oh boy!
Guys, I just cannot get the undervolt working with my RX470 Nitros 4GB.. hynix memory.. I tried bioses with the automatic voltage, then with manual voltages and my powerdraw just doesnt go down..
Activity: 27
Hi Folks,
              For Asus Z270-P mobo user if SMOS not working and giving PCIE Error or No Display after boot. Use below setting

- Go Advanced ----> System Agent (SA) Configuration ----> Enable "Above 4 G Decoding"

(DMI/OPI CONFIGURATION --->DMI MAX LINK SPEED will stay at AUTO! or GEN2 Dont change these..)

(PEG PORT CONFIGURATION ---> PCIEX16_1 LINK SPEED will stay at AUTO ! or GEN2 Dont change these..)

Go back to Advanced, then PCH CONFIGUTATION ---> PCI Express Configuration----> change PCIe Speed to "GEN1" must be GEN1 . Auto and GEN2 do not working for SMOS.

Rebel
Kudos

Activity: 27
Hi. I have a question how much graphic cards this OS can handle?
Activity: 95
I finally got Dag fix to work on one of my systems.  Thank you Tytanick!!

Is there a dag fix for linux yet? Can you detail or post instructions?
Activity: 55
Guys, why the hell im getting all of a sudden error: cannot resolve hostname, worked fine until now and changing rig settings and rebooting in dashboard have no effect at all, reinstall did not help either..??
Tnx

same thing happened to me today too, also tried what you did without success, but turning my router off and on fixed it.
Activity: 336
can we run SMOS in a virtual machine like VMWare?
Activity: 3
Guys, why the hell im getting all of a sudden error: cannot resolve hostname, worked fine until now and changing rig settings and rebooting in dashboard have no effect at all, reinstall did not help either..??
Tnx
Activity: 141
I have been having problems with Simplemining OS. I notice that the overclock readings weren't right. The power usage of the cards averaged around 115 watts. I was happy with the power. But sols where low. So after letting the rig run for 3 days I decided to reboot it. The sols jump right up, but now the power usage had jump to. The cards now are averaging between 140 to 180 watts per card. No matter what overclock setting I do doesn't change the power usage. The core clock doesn't even change. There the many times of rebooting I did notice one line that state Overclocking- Missing Variables. What is this? Another line states API - Error: Api bind error. What is this?

So I am right now doing a fresh install of Simplemining OS. Lets see if this does anything.
Activity: 49
Hi guys,

I love SMOS its great software!

Since last week i am mining AEON with my nvidia cards. I gonna share here how i do it.  The only thing i dont know is how to mine with AMD cards. SMOS should add claymore-cryptonote for that...

Mining AEON on nvidia

1) Use ccminer-skunk-krnlx in SMOS
2) Fill in this: -a cryptonight-lite -o stratum+tcp://aeon.sumominer.com:3334 -u YOURADRESS -p x

Thats it! I am doing 1080 h/s with GTX 1060 3GB GAMING X

But now for AMD cards i am stuck with SMOS... it seems not to support any mining program for cryptonight-lite amd cards.

Cheeeeers

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Any update regarding the amd drivers for linux? The dag issue??
Really not trying to switch to windows for all my rigs.
I know theres no announcement from amd, and windows driver seems to be the only fix released.  But any miracle that suddenly happened and they released drivers for linux?
Or all us linux miners are fcked?
Activity: 187
Tru Reputation Network - Proof of Reputation
Hi tytanick,

Activity: 336
I finally got Dag fix to work on one of my systems.  Thank you Tytanick!!
Activity: 3

I have installed the dagfix version and everything worked fine. I have 10 rx 580 8gb Armor OC and 1 rx 580 8gb red devil GS and it takes around 1700W with bios modding and core voltage to 860 (~330 MH/s. Now i have a question if it is possible to adjust the mvddc, because i belive that it is mor undervolting possible by reducing the memory voltage too around 900. So how is this possible with smOS? I have done the setting in the miner config, but it didn't worked. What else can i do?
I didnt bringed memory undervolting feature to not make this more harder than it is now.
Accually memory undervolting can save about 1-2 watts per gpu. So i guess it isnt worth it !
Only thing that came to my mind is to make overvoltimg in memory which COULD make memory work more stable on very high overclocking.
Accually i am thinking about this but i still am gathering some more informations.
If you want to mess with it then you could manually edit one script and add static memory undervolting by editing:
root/utils/oc_dpm2.sh file
change line
/root/utils/wolfamdctrl -i $x --core-state $coreState --mem-state $memoryState --core-clock ${coreArray[$i]} --mem-clock ${memoryArray[$j]} --volt-state $coreState --vddc-table-set ${coreVoltArray[$i]} #--mem-state $memoryState --mvdd 950
to
/root/utils/wolfamdctrl -i $x --core-state $coreState --mem-state $memoryState --core-clock ${coreArray[$i]} --mem-clock ${memoryArray[$j]} --volt-state $coreState --vddc-table-set ${coreVoltArray[$i]} --mem-state $memoryState --mvdd 950
Or 1000 or whatevery you want Tongue
If anyone will have results such as "i saved 5 watts with memory undervolting" or "i make it more stable with 100 MHZ more and now gpus is making 0,5MH/s or something  - just let me here know and other people.
If this will really make sense then i will implement it. If it will save 1-2 watt then there is no point right ? I am not as much eco friendly - in other case i would not be mining at all Cheesy

[/quote]

I set the cvddc to 850 and mvddc too 900 in the file you set. Cclock is at 1200 and mclock is at 2150. Everything runs stable and i can say that its much more cooler know. I also recognized that i have 50 Watts less power drain because of the slower rotation of the fans. 50-62℃ at 40-64% rotation. I didn't get anymore MH/s.

I will try to set mvddc to 850 or around this, to get much less watt consumption with the same MH/s.
Activity: 34
I am a noob on linux but i would like to know how to access ssh reverse tunnel on smos.
Jump to: