Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 358. (Read 835503 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
So the new ETHOS version includes the new driver, how soon can SMOS have it?

I much rather the interface and configuration of SMOS, but will have to switch soon to unlock my extra MH!
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Hi guys ive a question. Simplemining is a software which should be flashed to the drive (ssd) of the rig. So the rig boots directly from the simplemining software? If i collected this information right, how can the graficcard driver of each card can be updated from that system. Threw the simplemining dashboard?
Activity: 616
Merit: 259
How can fix this problem ?

https://i.hizliresim.com/1g10JB.jpg

what cards is it with this memmory amount ?

----
BTC

5x rx480 8gb
1x rx580 8gb

All of work with 1144/2050.

Why does the miner show 5gb? this seems like a problem ...

I don't know. What is yours?
YSAKAY

I told you to decrease memory frequency

perhaps 2050 is too high

you can check with no value in OC

If the result is OK decrease your frequency memory

I have a lot of GPU under 2000, RX 560, 570 and 580 IMHO. Perhaps 2050 is too high in your case for one GPU or more than one.

one GPU KO and all the rig is KO at this step.

I tried a lot of settings. 1100/1900,1100/1950 etc. But this is not a oc failed. A day in a week. When i restart rig,the problem fixed
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Tru Reputation Network - Proof of Reputation
YSAKAY

I told you to decrease memory frequency

perhaps 2050 is too high

you can check with no value in OC

If the result is OK decrease your frequency memory

I have a lot of GPU under 2000, RX 560, 570 and 580 IMHO. Perhaps 2050 is too high in your case for one GPU or more than one.

one GPU KO and all the rig is KO at this step.

Activity: 12
the card that said "amdgpu fault" is now giving me this : "amdgpu: [powerplay] failed to enable sclk dpm and mclk dpm!

What does that mean?

thks!

take the card out of the system and test how it behaves on another system, like your normal desktop, try using it on your desktop normally and or try mining with it on your pc. if the card doesn't work, you obviously have a broken card.
STT
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1448
Would this work with Vega by default or need some special config to work at all  ?  Just interested in having a look really, how large is the install size required now ?
Activity: 6
the card that said "amdgpu fault" is now giving me this : "amdgpu: [powerplay] failed to enable sclk dpm and mclk dpm!

What does that mean?

thks!

----
BTC

5x rx480 8gb
1x rx580 8gb

Why does the miner show 5gb? this seems like a problem ...

----
BTC

5x rx480 8gb
1x rx580 8gb

Activity: 128
Merit: 10
hi
Try decrease memory frequency in overclock
guys tell me please is it possible to overclock nvidia cards in SMOS?
Maybe someone uses SMOS with GTX1060 3gb?

you have overclocking options, you can limit the powerusage, adjust fans, and overclock the core and memory.
guys tell me please is it possible to overclock nvidia cards in SMOS?
Maybe someone uses SMOS with GTX1060 3gb?
Activity: 50
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone who uses SMOS on more than 10 P106-100 mining edition cards still experiences problems with OC and PL or did tytanick solved this issues? Also, do I still need to edit the system file to get the cards running from 2MH/s to their standard hashrate ( deleting the -allow-empty-configuration command) ?

Wanted to use the SMOS but since OC wasn't available there's not much point really.

Thanks in advance to everyone who can answer my question!
I currently running 3 P106 rig: 2x13gpu and 1x14gpu. I haven't experience any problem with OC so far, there is a new patch that fix the problem already you don't have to edit any system file.

Thanks for your answer I will try for myself soon when I get new hardware.
Btw what manufacturer do you have and what hashrate did you reach? Also, I guess the negative core overclock still doesn't apply in SMOS?
Activity: 2
@tytanick

does the claymore ethmon tool still send the reported hashrate via simplemining to my monitor box ? 

if you have in options  -mport -3333
then you can use this port for monitoring also in ethmon tool.
It is just opened api

awsome thanks, im doing an install to SSD now

So i installed the RX os to an SSD on my MSI Z97 board with six rx 470 cards and changed the text file email as in the instruction

- problem when i see the ubuntu selection screen and click on unbuntu all i see is a black screen

- ideas ?

I have the same black screen problem, after the ubuntu selection screen, some code lines appear and then black screen, it appears the OS is not fully loading, how did you fix it?
Activity: 2
Could someone please help me?

I'm trying to boot with SimpleMining OS, but it's not working. It stops with the following messages:

https://i.imgur.com/NX1uUWD.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/EJbRI7R.jpg

Could someone please explain what am I doing wrong? I've flashed the OS to a 16GB USB stick according to manual and inserted it into the rig.

I assume that the problem is not in the rig itself, since it is working finely with windows 10. I'm disconnecting the HDD on which the windows is installed, then putting in the USB drive and then booting. But no luck.

Hey,

look @ your BIOS.

UEFI settings have to be changed to "LEGACY Only", Also AHCI and EHCI have to be enabled, and if you have the setting in your BIOS the IMMOU Emulator.

this fixed tthe issue on my side.

Hi, i have a Gigabyte 970 gaming sli mobo, with one sapphire nitro rx 480 gpu and when i boot with the simple mining os from a flash drive, the screen goes black after some code lines appear and then nothing happens, do you know what can be the problem?
Hi tytanick

some news about xmr-stak-amd fail ?

I prefer to mine for my wallet LOL  Grin
Can you test it now guys ? It should work ok now.

the clyamore xmr 9.1 is newest miner for linux. There is no newer version that than, only for windows.

thanks dev.. will try..
how about issue with increase watt after use new kernel ?

as elgesetia said. not good.

in config.txt no wallet this time

"pool_address" : "xmr-eu2.nanopool.org:14444",
"pool_password" : "x",

Cry

can someone tell me if my GPU is damaged or am I missing something here?

I get this code from time to time:

amdgpu  0000:01:00.0: GPU fault detected: 147 0x05a88408
amdgpu  0000:01:00.0:      VM_CONTEXT1_PROTECTION_FAULT_ADDR
amdgpu  0000:01:00.0:      VM_CONTEXT1_PROTECTION_FAULT_STATUS
amdgpu  0000:01:00.0: VM fault (0x08, vmid 3) at page 109227

sometimes GPU 0 fails and the rig reboots.

Check overclocks. Try to lower then a bit!

I tried downclocking. and the gpu crashes in stock settings.
flashed back to original bios and still crashes..
any suggestions?
Jump to: