Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 361. (Read 835503 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

What is SimpleMining OS (SMOS) ?
It is nice looking and easy Operating system for mining on AMD GPUs

Most wanted info:
- idea is simple: download for free my OS and write it to any drive: Hard / SSD / even USB drive
- after that you just enter your email address in config.txt file and boot your rig
- login to simplemining.net dashboard using the same email and start managing your rig Smiley
- you can test it for free and then you need to pay only 2$ per rig per month
- if there will be new miner i will implement it fast with auto-updates system

Requirements:
- R OS = AMD GPUs R300/R200/HD7xxx series
- RX OS = AMD GPUs RX400/RX500 series
- NV OS = Nvidia GPUs (alsmost all of them)
- hard drive / ssd / usb drive - it must be 7GB or bigger
- at least 1-4GB system memory (depend how much GPUs are you using and what miner)

About me
- I am linux admin for about 13 years and crypto miner for 5 years
- Linux, programming, scripting, mining are my hobbies Smiley
- i am honest and simple IT guy who whants to make world better and give something to it

Video
[/url">
From what I’ve read and seen all I can say about this program is Whoa, Its really amazing to be able to mine right from your pc without having to bother about buying the latest processors or even the fastest ones which cost a hell lot of money.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hey.
First, I use SMOS for 3 months now and I'm very happy with it.

I have just one question, there are auto-update of SMOS or I must download the latest image at each new update? or I just need to reboot my rig... ?

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Hey Titus.....

=======================
Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v10.0 (Windows/Linux)

Latest version is v10.0:

- added assembler kernels for ETH+LBC mining mode (AMD cards only), major speedup for LBC.
- about 1% ETH speedup for Vega cards.
- fixed issues with voltage/clocks management for latest AMD blockchain drivers (not completely).
- new GPU sorting method for NVIDIA cards. Now GPUs are sorted by physical bus index (it matches AfterBurner list of GPUs).
- for ETH+LBC mining mode maximal "dcri" value is 1000 now.
- added "-platform" option.
- added "ESTALE" option support in failover file epools.txt (see "-estale" option for details).
- several minor bug fixes and improvements.
Activity: 14
there is a glitch with the new xmr miner.
No matter what pool you choose, it keeps  mining in nanopool as stock setting, and probably stock wallet...

Please check !

Yeah I'm also experiencing the same thing, It's mining away just fine but not to my account.
Activity: 501
Merit: 500
there is a glitch with the new xmr miner.
No matter what pool you choose, it keeps  mining in nanopool as stock setting, and probably stock wallet...

Please check !
Activity: 1
What is going on with the block chain drivers and SMOS? What is the current reported hash rate for AMD 470/80?

I am building a few rigs and want to give SMOS a try, but not if I am loosing hash power.

Thanks

I'm curious about this too... Running the new driver on my windows rig increased my hash by 3 mh/s for each card to 28+.  My SMOS rigs are all around 23.5 mh/s?

Is SMOS running the new AMD mining driver?   Thank you!!!
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Lol i think i made misake and renamed wrong image.
I think i renamed R OS a RX Cheesy
Let me fix this Cheesy
Activity: 128
Merit: 10
simpleminer-RX-v1118_dagfix_computekernel.img.zip DIDNT SEE RX580
I can only confirm above. simpleminer-RX-v1118_dagfix_computekernel.img.zip does not work with my rig (RX580 and AsRock H110 Pro BTC+). SEE SCREEN SHOT. It was working fine on simpleminer-RX-v1118-kernel4.11-16.60-noaer.img

Same in my case.

same for me.... Sad

-----
BTC
Activity: 287
Merit: 100
may I check - how can I flash an image onto an SSD drive? the etcher does not see my SSD drive

In options you have to select "Unsafe" mode. You have to be extra careful as you can write to any drive including your boot drive.

thanks

now I am having issues with the OS overclocking - it does not respond to my power limit. any help?

using the one for nvidia on 1080tis
Activity: 93
simpleminer-RX-v1118_dagfix_computekernel.img.zip DIDNT SEE RX580
I can only confirm above. simpleminer-RX-v1118_dagfix_computekernel.img.zip does not work with my rig (RX580 and AsRock H110 Pro BTC+). SEE SCREEN SHOT. It was working fine on simpleminer-RX-v1118-kernel4.11-16.60-noaer.img

Same in my case.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
may I check - how can I flash an image onto an SSD drive? the etcher does not see my SSD drive

In options you have to select "Unsafe" mode. You have to be extra careful as you can write to any drive including your boot drive.
Activity: 287
Activity: 144
What is going on with the block chain drivers and SMOS? What is the current reported hash rate for AMD 470/80?

I am building a few rigs and want to give SMOS a try, but not if I am loosing hash power.

Thanks
Activity: 93
I'm getting such error on H110 Pro BTC
acpi error ae_not_found _SB_.PCI0.XHC_.RHUB.HS11
But only on NV version. On AMD it is ok.
Also on NV version miner and overclock does not apply on start.
Activity: 53
It supports only 580.
For vega support i will make soon new image with new drivers.
And overclocking is possible?
Activity: 4
Site down?
Nope, its working ok Smiley

If someone want to use DAGFIX version
http://download.simplemining.net/simpleminer-RX-v1118_dagfix_computekernel.img.zip
Still yes there are problems with too many GPUs. And there is nothing i can do about it.
We still need to wait for AMD to release normal linux driver with this fix so i could install it to normal version of image.
For now this is only solution for linux.
@tytanic
- my rig (4x RX580) was working FINE with simpleminer-RX-v1118-kernel4.11-16.60-noae[Suspicious link removed]g BUT same rig with simpleminer-RX-v1118_dagfix_computekernel.img does not work.
SEE SCREEN SHOT.

I have the same problem Smiley
Activity: 127
Does it suport AMD (RX 580 or Vega) overclock? Or which AMD driver this distribution uses? Thank you so much.
It supports only 580.

H110
Kindly please do not forget about this:
Cant do anything about this one.
The kernel is what it is and some motherboards have problem.
I heard that plugging 8GB RAM solve problem, can you check it ?
Anyway i need fixed driver from amd to make it work on all motherboards Sad
Still no driver, only this strange kernel fix.
@tytanick, currently I have 2x 4GB (8GB) DDR4 installed. Seems I have to back to simpleminer-RX-v1118-kernel4.11-16.60-noaer.img
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1329
Stultorum infinitus est numerus
I am pretty sure it might have been asked before but I am just going to say it again, is it possible to somewhat implement Nicehash's miner (algo switching with various different algos) into Simple Mining? Also the boot time seemed kinda long. Longer than a clean install of Windows 10, same SSD. Don't know if I did anything wrong.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Does it suport AMD (RX 580 or Vega) overclock? Or which AMD driver this distribution uses? Thank you so much.
It supports only 580.

H110
Kindly please do not forget about this:
Cant do anything about this one.
The kernel is what it is and some motherboards have problem.
I heard that plugging 8GB RAM solve problem, can you check it ?
Anyway i need fixed driver from amd to make it work on all motherboards Sad
Still no driver, only this strange kernel fix.
Activity: 6
@tytanick
Any information for smos xmr nanopool? Thank you.

Jump to: