Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 418. (Read 835499 times)

legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Sure.

I can not get 3 cards or 4 cards to work.
The power setting of 95 only works on 1 of 3 different cards tried.

Decided to give it a try, on one of my nvidia rigs.
Everything is working fine, 12-24 hours stable.

Power consumption from the wall is 660w - 6 x gtx1070.
Getting around ~26mh per card, on eth.
Waiting for a new release, to achieve atleast 30mh.

P.s.

Philip, i pointed my rig to your wallet, while it was testing.
Just to say thnx, for helping out the community.

Yep, with OC it should get up to 30MH Smiley
I am working on it. There needs to be separate Nviida version with installed GUI becasue nvidia doesnt allow to change OC setting without installed Xorg ... Its fcking disaster Smiley
Anyway i will do this.
Activity: 406
Merit: 254
Sure.

I can not get 3 cards or 4 cards to work.
The power setting of 95 only works on 1 of 3 different cards tried.

Decided to give it a try, on one of my nvidia rigs.
Everything is working fine, 12-24 hours stable.

Power consumption from the wall is 660w - 6 x gtx1070.
Getting around ~26mh per card, on eth.
Waiting for a new release, to achieve atleast 30mh.

P.s.

Philip, i pointed my rig to your wallet, while it was testing.
Just to say thnx, for helping out the community.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1014
what is the Username/password for Login to Linux? I want to assign static IP Addresses.
Q: what user and pass used to login on console?
A: miner/miner   ....   root/miner1324

Thanks.
Activity: 382
Merit: 251
So I have this issue so for:

SMOS says my rig is offline randomly. Actually rig keeps running  and mining ETH but SIA mining stops (now new job from pool and worker seems offline in the pool). I can see my stats on ethpool because it mines.
Wall consumption reduces accordingly since dual mining halts.

What could be the problem?

Card hash values seems stable. No fluctuation.

Can be it internet connectivity issue as the rig is connected to a repeater via ethernet cable but repeater itself is connected to main modem in wireless mode.

Back then I tried this mode and directly connected with a long ethernet cable traveling in the house and I have the same issue but one of the cards was thrashing and its hash rate was fluctuating.

I thought this was the main problem. I was going to mod this cards bios but I relocated the cards and then I managed all cards with stable hash but same "your rig is offline" issue occured again on wired+wireless hybrid connection.

I will try long ethernet cable one more to see if it happens or not when rig has stable hash and directly connected to modem.

Is it possible that internet connectivity is causing this problem?

It is so frustrating as I can not rely on my dual mining.

Any ideas? SMOS issue? Compatiblity problem?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1014
As a Side Note, installed SMoS on a Pandaminer B1, running nicely!
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
I really want to stay up to date with this project but can't stand this forum. Instead of whining about it any more, I've created the subreddit https://www.reddit.com/r/smOS/ in hopes of moving some of this discussion over there. 
I have no interest in moderating etc, so if anyone here likes that kind of thing and is fairly active here, I'd be happy to hand over the reigns.
Please feel free and subscribe and post questions, developer news, tips, etc. 

I'm hoping I'm not in the minority in thinking that ONE SINGLE THREAD for all of these questions, announcements and complaints just isn't cutting it.

Thanks
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Yes, works perfectly for slapping rigs together headless.  No complaints, not even the fee.  Well worth it.
Activity: 2
I still have the same issues after the update. Gpu fault detected 146 and 147, and now some how it works but with decreased in hashrate.  Embarrassed
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
z270-p guy again.

Another thing I noticed:

I had 3 GPUs working, but only after I did a PCI-E slot dance. After that, I shut the rig down. On boot up, I got the usual dropped shell and this error.

[ 5.861978] amdgpu: [powerplay] [AVFS] Something is broken. See log!
[ 5.863876] amdgpu: [powerplay] Can't find requested voltage id in vdd_dep_on_sclk table!
[ 5.864918] amdgpu: [powerplay] VDDCI is larger than max VDDCI in VDDCI Voltage Table!

Any ideas?

sorry ive never had this issue so i cant be of any help
Activity: 4
z270-p guy again.

Another thing I noticed:

I had 3 GPUs working, but only after I did a PCI-E slot dance. After that, I shut the rig down. On boot up, I got the usual dropped shell and this error.

[ 5.861978] amdgpu: [powerplay] [AVFS] Something is broken. See log!
[ 5.863876] amdgpu: [powerplay] Can't find requested voltage id in vdd_dep_on_sclk table!
[ 5.864918] amdgpu: [powerplay] VDDCI is larger than max VDDCI in VDDCI Voltage Table!

Any ideas?
Activity: 53
Whatever Tytanick changed, it made smOS more finicky with respect to GPU memory overlcocking.

I was able to get the "one card to 0 mh/s then crash" issue to subside by significantly backing off my memory OC setting (125 MHz), but that results in a net decrease in hashing rate per rig of 4+ mh/s. Before this issue arose a day or two ago, I ran the more aggressive memory OC setting for months without an issue.
Activity: 15
I'm done with SMOS.  Congrats Tytanick, you made something worse than Windows.  Half the features in SMOS don't even fucking work, and now it constantly has to be monitored because nothing is stable.  I fail to see any advantages compared to Windows, especially when you figure in each rig costs $24 a year now in fees.  My few rigs on Windows right now just constantly hash and I never have to mess with them and play rig wrangler.

lol. I love the entitled manchildren who come here to rage.  
smOS is not windows and is not trying to be.  
It's completely headless and ridiculously easy to use. Some people might run into individual technical issues but it's very new in development and Tytanick does a great job of patching it up.  

I hooked in my rigs weeks ago and it started mining right off the bat after I put in my wallet info. It's restarted twice and ran completely stable with a 7x 580s, 16gb SSD, 4gb of ram and a celeron processor. They're all stacked in a room with no monitor.

Try doing this in Windows within 30 minutes (including downloading the OS, flashing it to a drive and getting everything working).
I've done this with every one of my rigs with windows and smOS. smOS runs smoother, with by FAR fewer resources in less time to set up.

If you "fail to see any advantages" in this, then that's an indictment on you.
Activity: 10
Having issues getting my MSI Z170A Gaming M5 board working with 6 Sapphire RX570 Nitro+ cards.

I've done the following:
PCIE : Auto
4G Decoding : Enabled
Integrated Graphics : IGD

But when it boots it gives a ton of errors on AMDGPU ring tests.    
*ERROR amdgpu : ring 3 test failed
*ERROR amdgpu : ring 4 test failed
*ERROR amdgpu : ring 5 test failed
*ERROR amdgpu : ring 6 test failed
*ERROR amdgpu : ring 7 test failed
*ERROR amdgpu : ring 8 test failed
*ERROR amdgpu : ring 9 test failed
It also gives errors after that from powerplay saying "failed to send message"

After using Auto, Tried with GEN1, then GEN2 and have the same problems.

(Also, the board has 7 slots and I'm using the first 6 from left to right... should I be using different ones for just 6 GPUs?)

Thanks.  

UPDATE : Works with 1 GPU.  Going to diagnose slots / risers / cards to try and find the issue.

UPDATE2 : Went through each GPU and RISER... looks like one GPU is bad and is causing the errors.   Too bad.   Looks like the settings were all correct though.   Kept the post for others.
Update on my PRIME z270-P issue on page 181. Resetting the bios, setting everything to GEN2 and enabling 4g let me use 3 cards. Haven't gotten any luck to get more than 3.

Anyone have any other bios things I can do for this board?
Activity: 31
Does the OP provide support at all? If not, I'm going to pay $30 for a perpetual license for pimpOS instead of $24 each year for each rig.
yeah, know one guy who has minor stability issues, like he can run 8 hours long without reboots, and one guy with the same issues like i have (no stability, several reboots in the hour, and lucky periods in a day with 3-4 hours without reboots). Before one of my cards go to 0 mhs, i see "GPU3 is failed" in the claymore console, sometimes it is GPU4. Tried to change OC settings in all way down and no luck.

PS. Before the 1097 1098 updates, my rig can run without reboot like 40-60 hours with the same OC settings
Activity: 662
Merit: 500
AMD: still running stable, no issues
NVIDA: 1060 PL 75 is working fine with Claymore ETH, waiting for EWBF etc.
Same here and this is not overclocking stuff or something because before new updates everything was stable enough
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Just wanted to mention I am having the same issues as others. My rigs have been running stable for weeks until the last update or two came along. Now I am lucky if a rig stays running for 8 hours straight. Have 7 Rigs all having the same issue.
Activity: 28
My 7 1060s run very stable compared to Windows even though at a lower hashrate. 
Keep up the good work! Can't wait for OC ability to be available. 

Also, do anyone's nvidia cards run incredibly hot in this beta build of smOS? 
The fans aren't kicking in for me when they should for some reason. I tried setting default fan speeds in the OC options, but I'm assuming those are not functioning yet because it didn't do anything.
My cards are running about 5 C hotter than windows, I "fixed" it by moving my room fan right in front of the rig.
Jump to: