Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 420. (Read 835499 times)

Activity: 463
Merit: 301
Phil please list bugs and your rig setup.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Happy to report  the gigabyte 1070 itx build ran stable overnight.

the bat is here:

-epool stratum+tcp://us1.ethpool.org:3333 -ewal 0x3ef297e47404a771139472b93621f82c8a832857.Simple2 -epsw x -mport -3333 -esm 0 -allpools 1 -dbg -1 -wd 1 -r 1 -ethi 7

I set  power in the core to 95  and watts for a 2 card rig  are about 230  giving me 50.3 mh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
what is the Username/password for Login to Linux? I want to assign static IP Addresses.
Q: what user and pass used to login on console?
A: miner/miner   ....   root/miner1324
Activity: 332
Merit: 103
Ok I will just use Windows on a USB to CPU mine then I guess.

Hello guys,

I'm using smOS and ethermine.org pools. Is 3% stale shares normal? I'm getting that consistently. My ping to the pool is around 230ms.

I'm new to mining so I don't know if it's inevitable and everyone gets some or if it's a clear signal that there is something wrong with my connection or my configuration.

Regards.

your ping shouldnt be that high! probably the reason you have so many stale shares reporting to the pool.
check to see if they have a closer pool to your location
[/quot

well how far do you live from the server ?

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
I am using Claymore's miner on smOS. How do I access the logs so I can research which GPU is causing the system to reboot? Sometimes it crashes every few hours, so it's not possible to check the console or keep my eye glues on the admin webpage. Thanks
Activity: 11
Hello! I have the problem that Mother does not want to boot with 4 gpus. I activated the 4g, and updated the bios. But nothing, if I connect 3 they work, I tried them all separately and they work as well.

My specifications;
H270 Plus
G4560
4GB Ram DDR4
Psu evga Supernova 1000w
4x rx 570

I saw 2 topics on reddit but I tried everything they said . Im using smos, the rig dont have hdd or sdd with Windows, may that be?  Thanks for the help and sorry my english!!
Try plug your monitor into gpu.
I can boot into smos in 0609 bios.
Will try 8 cards after my USB riser arrive.
Activity: 29
Guess i'm moving to another OS, i'm not a fan of this attitude with zero answers from the admin.
The only thing which he said is that there is stupid Nvidia release with no overclocking, so whats the point of that stuff.
Activity: 26
For all the guys having stability issues, try moving to Claymore 9.5. I had issues a few days ago that I mentioned a few pages back. Same weirdness with rigs going to 0 hashes or rebooting continuously. 

Manually rolling my systems to Claymore 9.5 fixed that for me.

Activity: 2
I've hardtime starting my rig to mine after the recent update. I often stumble on GPU fault detected 146 and 147. Anyone have the solution?
Activity: 1
Hi I need some assistance. I recently started using SimpleminingOS about 2 weeks ago & it has been great. I paid my funds for the rig fee and until last night everything has been running smooth(Do I need to keep the balances above 2.00 for each rig?)I have two computers that were mining Eth last night and when I woke up in the morning they were idle & would not connect back to dwarfpool. So I switched over to UBIQ(Eth Fork?) for the day. The rigs seemed to have been running for most of the day until I got home and saw the rigs sitting idle again. It looks like they keep rebooting. I removed the slight overclock settings I had and still nothing. I connected a monitor to the rig & noticed the GUI interface with the miner terminal is gone. I'm guessing there was some kind of an update last night because all I see is a fullscreen console. If anyone could point me in the right direction on how to resolve my issue I would appreacite it. Thanks!  

(I was running these configs)
-wd 1 -r 1 -epool stratum+tcp://eth-us2.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal $walletETH/$rigName -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mode 1 -mport -3333

-epool stratum+tcp://us.ubiqpool.io:8008 -ewal 0x571F5156db8Da859E3bC539Ea4ddA84ED6BFB4C6 - epsw x -eworker I7RX470 -allcoins 1

(screenshots)

https://i.imgur.com/fIjbBVM.jpg

https://pasteboard.co/iHo2UAdxo.jpg

https://pasteboard.co/iHqGg0XiS.jpg
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1014
what is the Username/password for Login to Linux? I want to assign static IP Addresses.
Activity: 31
Use Gen2 on PCI. This setting in 3 places in BIOS.
100% 6x580 worked.
Activity: 4
Hello, I'm having some strange problems whenever I try to get more than two cards working on any of my systems. I've managed to get 3 cards working with some bios fiddling, but I couldn't reproduce it.

I'm running

Intel 3900 (Skylake)
Asus PRIME z270-P
8gb Ram
A mixture of various 580 4gb and 8gb

I've enabled 4g and find that I'm most stable with everything (PCI, etc) set up to Gen 1. Are there any other settings that need to be changed?

I'm using a 16gb usb 2.0 pen drive. I've tried both the normal and z170 Simple Mining versions.

When I boot it, regadless of success, I get a few flashing screens of this weird rainbow static.

https://i.imgur.com/tl1W0bN.jpg

Then, I boot in Xubuntu, as normal, but then get this.

https://i.imgur.com/LUeBvEK.jpg

There's another similar error that just locks the system up until you press a button and it resets the entire system, but I haven't been able to reproduce it. My biggest issue is that I'll have my system be stable at 3 cards, but when I restart it it'll not boot up normally again.

Any one have any ideas/bios settings? I've had some success, but I really want to reproduce that 8 GPU z270 build I saw.
legendary
so I will run 2 gigabyte 1070  itx cards on eth

hoping to get more support in a few days

ewbf_ 3.4   

would be nice

better clocks

would be nice

I can only do 2 cards  on a mobo that did 4 amd cards

so being able to do 4 cards would be nice.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
was going to switch to this on my NVidia rigs, but with no zec support ill hold off for now
Activity: 26
Hey im having an issue where when the miner starts up the miner says there are no gpus for the miner.
the os it self see's 4 on the rig. any suggestions?
legendary
okay lots of testing of beta nvidia build.

I can get 95 watts on gigabyte 1070 itx cards

pretty good compared  to 150 stock.

the clocking does not work for my msi 1070 itx cards
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
If this is not fixed by tomorrow morning i guess i'll make my own Ubuntu distro like i did for my Nvidia rigs.
This auto updating should be optional in my opinion.

I use a customized Arch-based image - but if you don't wanna do that, IMO, give EthOS a try. Auto-update is not only fucking stupid from the POV of possible breakage, but if this OS is ever super popular, the mechanism will almost certainly be compromised and malicious updates pushed to all the poor bastards who use it.

I wish I had the ability to make something like that!
Activity: 53
If this is not fixed by tomorrow morning i guess i'll make my own Ubuntu distro like i did for my Nvidia rigs.
This auto updating should be optional in my opinion.

I use a customized Arch-based image - but if you don't wanna do that, IMO, give EthOS a try. Auto-update is not only fucking stupid from the POV of possible breakage, but if this OS is ever super popular, the mechanism will almost certainly be compromised and malicious updates pushed to all the poor bastards who use it.

I share your opinion on auto updates. I had perfectly stable rigs for over a month, and now that is out the window. I understand if Tytanick decides that he will only help troubleshoot rigs that are completely up to date, but for those of us that have a good thing going, let us be.
Activity: 53
Ok something is obviously wrong with SMOS after 1098 update, my cards hangs randomly, they drop to 0MH/s and then rig restarts. This never happend to me before, Tyt can you please take a look at this issue? from what I can see I am not the only one struggling with SMOS stability issues after patch 1098. Thanks.

In my case, I have a theory ... I have 2 diferents memory values in my rig for diferent cards. What I believe is hapening, its if the system is rebooted for any cause, the gpu order is mixed, and the wrong memory clock are applied. That causes fails on different VGAs ... For final test, I get all the cards for the lower memory clock and now I'm waiting to see whats going to hapen.

Any sugestion?

I am experiencing the problem, and I have the same OC settings for all cards.
Jump to: