Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 443. (Read 835481 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Is there any known limit on the number of supported GPUs?

in my rig i have 4x7990 ... as soon as i activate the onboard gpu for checking the miner on a monitor, the last gpu core won't get recognized properly and mining isn't working at all - system keeps rebooting.

aticonfig also can't get any data of that last core if onboard gpu is activated.

i have the Asrock FM2A58+ BTC (http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A58+%20BTC/) with 1 x PCIe 3.0 x16, 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16, 3 x PCIe 2.0 so technically there should be space for 5 cards (with each having 2 cores?!) ...

Another thingie: ... i played arround with different coins and i realized that a 7990 only gets something like 27MHs on ETH while it gets 45MHs on EXP. Shouldn't it be the same on both the coins since its the same algo?

And last question:
Would it be possible to implement one of thow eth-proxy clients optionally to point claymore to the local proxy which is pointing to the pool? As i understood, it should give additional hashrate and less delays in network.
Suprnova seems to suggest that one: https://github.com/ocminer/eth-proxy ... or is this old crap and dont have a sense anymore? I only remember of it from the beginning of ETH mining some years ago.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Hi, have little trouble with simplemining OS. I run 12 GPU in single motherboard and OS overclock only first 10 GPUs. How to fix it ? Thx

Дим я peшил этy пpoблeмy чepeз зaпиcь биoca нa кapтe c измeнeннoй чacтoтoй бycтa пaмяти
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dmitry I solved this problem by writing a bios on the card with a modified memory boost frequency
Activity: 18
How to configure each mining rig with different address?

Everybody are waiting for rig grouping feature. As for now the only way is to make several email addresses and have several uniq dashboard urls one for each rig.
Activity: 15
It would seem that no matter what I do, my visiontek rx470 4gb cards are stuck at a core clock of 751, only when dual mining (dcr or sc).  I have 4 rigs and have swaps boards, riser cards, etc.   They will operate normally under windows, however when using simpleminer, they will only operate at about 2/3 the hash rate.   I have 21 GPU's, 7 of them being these visiontek cards.  The problem will occur on any of my boards, and the settings for overclock does not seem to change anything at all.  I paid for my months fee, but I will have to explore alternatives if no resolution can be found.  I've posted about this before, several pages back.  My only thought is that it could be a driver issue.  Any input is appreciated.  

They will mine just ETH normally with expected hasrate
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
How to configure each mining rig with different address?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Using common MSI Z270-A Pro + Celeron G3900 + 4GB RAM +3 x PCI-E Switches (9 GPU's connected to switch and 3 GPU direct to motherboard). Power Subsystem - two HP common slot PSU 1200W + 160W Pico PSU (for motherboard and switches)
Sorry for bad photo and my English)

Thats an impressive rig you have there, esp with success in getting 3 splitters working.
Activity: 45
Merit: 1
my hashrate per card is about 2mh lower at same settings vs windows, why? same core and mem freq. on all my cards/

rx480
Activity: 55
Hi, have little trouble with simplemining OS. I run 12 GPU in single motherboard and OS overclock only first 10 GPUs. How to fix it ? Thx

Using common MSI Z270-A Pro + Celeron G3900 + 4GB RAM +3 x PCI-E Switches (9 GPU's connected to switch and 3 GPU direct to motherboard). Power Subsystem - two HP common slot PSU 1200W + 160W Pico PSU (for motherboard and switches)
http://i.piccy.info/i9/8ec902e393a819cd6e28da0c657ce61b/1496350066/143938/1150706/_A5855D8E973CE290DECE4AFFBDA4CD5B935F4D51AF5C4080C2_pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

Sweet mother! I never heard of these, and I did a bit of research on this.

For the curious: PCI-e Switches

...anyway, for the actual answer, I believe that you just set your SimpleMining overclocking section like this:

Core MHz [1165 1165 1165 1165 1165 1165 1165 1165 1165 1165 850 850]

(don't use those numbers, obviously, but the idea is set a number for each card)

You might have to boot into another linux and list your video cards in order to know what order linux finds your video cards...

...that or you can type 0, 1, 2, etc into the console to turn off and on your cards... hahaha... this will not work for all 12, but for the first 10 it will Wink
Activity: 116
I'm having an issue with two of my rigs at the moment. They start to boot in to smOS, I get the usual text scrolling by quickly, then it pauses for a moment as it says, "gpu posting now" then I get this output:

sometimes I get to the third "gpu posting now" message before I receive this output. Other times the screen goes black before I see even the first.

specs:
MSI z170a Gaming M5
7x MSI Armor 570
Intel G4500
Crucial 4/8Ggb
Activity: 12
Why is "claymore eth+sia" option suddenly "not recommended"? What is the recommended way to dual mine them then?
You can just use the regular Claymore 9.4 miner and add arguments to mine SIA. That's what I've done from the beginning since I don't want to use dwarfpool.
Well, I tried copying settings from "claymore eth+sia" to "claymore-eth-v9.4", but it did not mine Sia at all. Can you share your settings?

Hello how are you?

I saw that the administrator no longer recommends version 8.1 of Claymore that I used to mine Eth + Sia.

Could you please help me with the command I should put in Claymore v9.4 to mine these two coins together?

Currently I use DwarfPool (Eth) and SiaMining (Sia) and I am 3 days trying to make it work, without success.

Try this... it works for me:

Code:
  -wd 1 -r 1 -epool stratum+tcp://eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal $walletETH/$rigName -esm 0 -epsw x
  -dpool stratum+tcp://siamining.com -dwal $walletSC/$rigName -dcoin sia -dpsw x -dcri 16  -mport -3333 -allpools 1 -allcoins 1

...you might try to increase the -dcri value to get the max Sia speed without reducing your Ether mining speed.

I tried the command you posted and it is not working unfortunately none of the miners!
Well, I tried it too. At first it complained about not having port specified for siamining, so I added :7777, then tried :9980 and finally :3333
None of those options worked.
Now when this is a paid product, I'd expect a better support ...

You are right, a port # is required (9980). Not sure why it worked for me earlier. Here is what I am using now:

Code:
-wd 1 -r 1 -epool stratum+tcp://eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal $walletETH/$rigName -esm 0 -epsw x
-dpool stratum+tcp://siamining.com:9980 -dwal $walletSC/$rigName -dcoin sia -dpsw x -dcri 16  -mport -3333 -allpools 1 -allcoins 1

Now I'm trying to make it work on ethermine.org, can you help me?
I've been trying to understand the command all afternoon, but I'm really bad at it and I did not succeed!

In case the command would be with eth + sia on ethermine.org!
Why is "claymore eth+sia" option suddenly "not recommended"? What is the recommended way to dual mine them then?
You can just use the regular Claymore 9.4 miner and add arguments to mine SIA. That's what I've done from the beginning since I don't want to use dwarfpool.
Well, I tried copying settings from "claymore eth+sia" to "claymore-eth-v9.4", but it did not mine Sia at all. Can you share your settings?

Hello how are you?

I saw that the administrator no longer recommends version 8.1 of Claymore that I used to mine Eth + Sia.

Could you please help me with the command I should put in Claymore v9.4 to mine these two coins together?

Currently I use DwarfPool (Eth) and SiaMining (Sia) and I am 3 days trying to make it work, without success.

Code:
  -dpool stratum+tcp://siamining.com -dwal $walletSC/$rigName -dcoin sia -dpsw x -dcri 16  -mport -3333 -allpools 1 -allcoins 1

...you might try to increase the -dcri value to get the max Sia speed without reducing your Ether mining speed.

I tried the command you posted and it is not working unfortunately none of the miners!
Well, I tried it too. At first it complained about not having port specified for siamining, so I added :7777, then tried :9980 and finally :3333

You are right, a port # is required (9980). Not sure why it worked for me earlier. Here is what I am using now:

Code:
-dpool stratum+tcp://siamining.com:9980 -dwal $walletSC/$rigName -dcoin sia -dpsw x -dcri 16  -mport -3333 -allpools 1 -allcoins 1

I've been trying to understand the command all afternoon, but I'm really bad at it and I did not succeed!

Try to delete stratum+tcp:// ... to look likes like :-wd 1 -r 1 -epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 ....
I used it to mine ETH+DCR on ethermine.org and suprnova.
Activity: 41

Hello how are you?

Code:
  -dpool stratum+tcp://siamining.com -dwal $walletSC/$rigName -dcoin sia -dpsw x -dcri 16  -mport -3333 -allpools 1 -allcoins 1

Code:

Activity: 63
Guys, its isnt that its not recommended Cheesy
I just recommend only miners with custom config Cheesy thats it Tongue
Those pre defined miners were first when the system was alpha but i would rather give full controll for users than entering dummy wallet address of sia and eth Smiley

Hello tytanick, I have the following issues:

1 Rig Asus Prime & g4560

6* rx 470 Nitro plus

5 of them on pci-e risers 1 directly on pci slot.

1) GPU 0 hashing between 2 and 4mh/s

All others at 24

2)While rig screen shows 125mh/s total simplemine.net reports much lower (e.g. 60-80)

simplemine.net shows really low clock speeds!

Temps are fine sub 60!

on the page before

Try those settings:
1) Make sure you're running the latest BIOS!
2) Enable 4G
3) Set PCIe support to "Auto" - DO NOT MANUALLY SET TO GEN1. THIS CAUSES MAJOR ISSUES
4) Enable onboard graphics startup as first! I believe this is changing "PEG" to "IGD" or something in the Advanced BIOS
5) Plug your monitor into the ONBOARD graphics
Activity: 72
Guys, its isnt that its not recommended Cheesy
I just recommend only miners with custom config Cheesy thats it Tongue
Those pre defined miners were first when the system was alpha but i would rather give full controll for users than entering dummy wallet address of sia and eth Smiley

Hello tytanick, I have the following issues:

1 Rig Asus Prime & g4560

6* rx 470 Nitro plus

5 of them on pci-e risers 1 directly on pci slot.

1) GPU 0 hashing between 2 and 4mh/s

All others at 24

2)While rig screen shows 125mh/s total simplemine.net reports much lower (e.g. 60-80)

simplemine.net shows really low clock speeds!

Temps are fine sub 60!
Activity: 30
http://i.piccy.info/i9/8ec902e393a819cd6e28da0c657ce61b/1496350066/143938/1150706/_A5855D8E973CE290DECE4AFFBDA4CD5B935F4D51AF5C4080C2_pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
You'll have to share with us how you're doing that first  Tongue

12 x GPUs?

Are you using Asrock H110-Pro BTC?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.19271012
You haven't stopped drooling since you first laid eyes on this, haven't you?  Smiley

yup... I am out of kleenex  Roll Eyes

just 20 of these mobo for 20 rigs would do just fine thanks!

that's really stretching that 2$ per rig with smos!
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
You'll have to share with us how you're doing that first  Tongue

12 x GPUs?

You haven't stopped drooling since you first laid eyes on this, haven't you?  Smiley
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

12 x GPUs?

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
Activity: 30
Activity: 108
How can I withdraw my ETH balance to Bittrex? It doesn't transfer automatically? It says that I have to enter an IP? How to see that IP on your OS?

Hover your mouse over the rig name and the ip is in that box.

Just keep in mind generally if you reduce the payout below 1 eth they (the pool) take a fee

I think your public IP address (NOT your rig IP) is required to do this.

As long as you are in same domain/network where your rig mining..... just launch browser and google "whatsmyip"

oops I forgot about that. citronick is right ^
Jump to: