Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 451. (Read 835481 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
I had the same problem myself.

Just let the pc run. If there is no screen, wait 10 minutes an then look at you Smos interface.
It will show up.

That "solved" my problem.. Who needs a screen  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

I had a similar issue with z170 there is a differrent version specifically made for it.

go to: https://simplemining.net/download/

download following images:
[   ]   simpleminer-RX-v1093-4.11.rc8-16.60-enableexe0ANDips0.imgc   2017-04-29 20:25   1.0G   
[   ]   simpleminer-RX-v1093-4.11.rc8-16.60-enablerc60.imgc   2017-04-29 20:28   1.0G

I think the second one worked for me, but you should try them both. They are specifically design for z170. good luck.

Edit: I am assuming you have already updated bios for z170a and also enabled 4g decoding?

MSI-Gaming-M5... yet another 7 x PCI slot potential ideal mining mobo
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130873

I got this for awhile with the normal RX smOS images but after a reboot -- screen goes blank....

It is a older Z170 board and currently downloading the above images and try again.

Anyone knows which motherboard did Tytanick tested smOS on for the Z170 images above?
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Hello. Can somebody help me to solve my issue. When I have my rig connected to TV via hdmi it starts as it should. But I need it to run without being connected to TV. When I start it without using hdmi, it does not start mining or it does not overclock properly. Do you have similiar experienc?
Thanks for any answer.

You need a dummy plug buy a dummy hdmi plug you will be fine.
You dont need any dummy plugs Tongue
Just set in motherboard bios Integrated GPU to default and it will boot up without problem.

Yeah those Z170 chipsets are pain in the ass.
I dont have any of those motherboards so i couldnt checked it properly but still those extra versions from download directory works for most people.
And for those that it didnt work, im most of rest cases they forgot to turn something on in bios Smiley

I advice t buy Z270 motherboards as they are very similar in prices Tongue

Once again Tongue

Try those settings:
1) Make sure you're running the latest BIOS!
2) Enable 4G
3) Set PCIe support to "Auto" - DO NOT MANUALLY SET TO GEN1. THIS CAUSES MAJOR ISSUES
4) Enable onboard graphics startup as first! I believe this is changing "PEG" to "IGD" or something in the Advanced BIOS
5) Plug your monitor into the ONBOARD graphics
6) Use either simpleminer-RX-v1093-4.11.rc8-16.60-enableexe0ANDips0.imgc or simpleminer-RX-v1093-4.11.rc8-16.60-enablerc60.imgc (sorry, I don't remember which I used!)

https://simplemining.net/download/
Activity: 873
Merit: 268
Hey everyone,

New to the mining game here and having an issue I'm hoping the community can help me with.  I've searched the web and the forums to see if I can find a solution but no luck so far.

So here is my current situation

I have 3 rigs running SimpleMiningOS - RX Series to single mine ETH.  1 rig has 2 RX570s and 2 rigs each have 4 RX570s.
Everything is running great until I try to put a 5th RX570 in either of the rigs already running 4.  
Once I put the 5th card in the OS takes MUCH longer to load and when the miner finally loads it fails to mine and I get the following message "No AMD OPENCL or NVIDA CUDA GPUs found, exit."

The main rig I would like to add the 5th card to is an ASUS motherboard, z170 chipset i7 CPU, 8GB of RAM, and a 1000W PSU.  I have tried the RX series version of the SimpleMining OS and the z170 version with identical results.

Below is a list of solutions I have tried from reading other posts and just general guessing on possible solutions.

1. Swapping video cards.  From the 11 cards I have, I have tried MANY different combinations of cards and got the same result; it works fine with 4 GPUs and fails with 5.
2. Putting each riser on it's own line from the PSU.
3. Switching between SimpleMining RX OS and SimpleMining RX z170 series OS
4. The board has 6 PCIe slots and I've tried every combination of using 5 of the 6 slots.
5. Increased the RAM to 32GB, just because I had the RAM already.
6. Putting all cards on risers and only 1 card directly on the motherboard.

Because the issue seems to surface while the OS is attempting to load I'm guessing the issue might be the motherboard or software but because the issue is happening with my other rig as well, an AMD CPU setup, I'm hesitant to believe both motherboards have the same issue.  Has anyone else seen this issue, and hopefully a fix?

Thanks in advance for any help or information I can get.

EDIT - Also, I've tried going back to the original bios just to see if I could get the system to boot normally and get into the miner with 5 GPUS, it didn't work.

I had a similar issue with z170 there is a differrent version specifically made for it.

go to: https://simplemining.net/download/

download following images:
[   ]   simpleminer-RX-v1093-4.11.rc8-16.60-enableexe0ANDips0.imgc   2017-04-29 20:25   1.0G   
[   ]   simpleminer-RX-v1093-4.11.rc8-16.60-enablerc60.imgc   2017-04-29 20:28   1.0G

I think the second one worked for me, but you should try them both. They are specifically design for z170. good luck.

Edit: I am assuming you have already updated bios for z170a and also enabled 4g decoding?
Hello. Can somebody help me to solve my issue. When I have my rig connected to TV via hdmi it starts as it should. But I need it to run without being connected to TV. When I start it without using hdmi, it does not start mining or it does not overclock properly. Do you have similiar experienc?
Thanks for any answer.

You need a dummy plug buy a dummy hdmi plug you will be fine.
Activity: 392
Merit: 266
EthMonitoring.com
Thanks for any answer.

Mby try dummy HDMI/DVI ?
Activity: 27
Thanks for any answer.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
@brokenminer

I am getting similar no amd open cl errors
Activity: 37
Hey everyone,

New to the mining game here and having an issue I'm hoping the community can help me with.  I've searched the web and the forums to see if I can find a solution but no luck so far.

So here is my current situation

I have 3 rigs running SimpleMiningOS - RX Series to single mine ETH.  1 rig has 2 RX570s and 2 rigs each have 4 RX570s.
Everything is running great until I try to put a 5th RX570 in either of the rigs already running 4.  
Once I put the 5th card in the OS takes MUCH longer to load and when the miner finally loads it fails to mine and I get the following message "No AMD OPENCL or NVIDA CUDA GPUs found, exit."

The main rig I would like to add the 5th card to is an ASUS motherboard, z170 chipset i7 CPU, 8GB of RAM, and a 1000W PSU.  I have tried the RX series version of the SimpleMining OS and the z170 version with identical results.

Below is a list of solutions I have tried from reading other posts and just general guessing on possible solutions.

1. Swapping video cards.  From the 11 cards I have, I have tried MANY different combinations of cards and got the same result; it works fine with 4 GPUs and fails with 5.
2. Putting each riser on it's own line from the PSU.
3. Switching between SimpleMining RX OS and SimpleMining RX z170 series OS
4. The board has 6 PCIe slots and I've tried every combination of using 5 of the 6 slots.
5. Increased the RAM to 32GB, just because I had the RAM already.
6. Putting all cards on risers and only 1 card directly on the motherboard.

Because the issue seems to surface while the OS is attempting to load I'm guessing the issue might be the motherboard or software but because the issue is happening with my other rig as well, an AMD CPU setup, I'm hesitant to believe both motherboards have the same issue.  Has anyone else seen this issue, and hopefully a fix?

Thanks in advance for any help or information I can get.

EDIT - Also, I've tried going back to the original bios just to see if I could get the system to boot normally and get into the miner with 5 GPUS, it didn't work.
Activity: 13
Hey guys,

Im running 2 rigs with 7 GPU's each and everything works fine, with 4G Encoding and display on Onboard.
However, using claymores 9.4 just mining ETH it works fine but when I change to use dual mining one of the rigs drops 4 GPU's but the other works fine.
I have to change it back to single ETH and manually reset the miner before the cards come back

Has anyone experienced this?

I have a similar problem. My guess is that claymore 9 isn't working properly. You can try claymore 8.0
Activity: 53
Hey guys,

Im running 2 rigs with 7 GPU's each and everything works fine, with 4G Encoding and display on Onboard.
However, using claymores 9.4 just mining ETH it works fine but when I change to use dual mining one of the rigs drops 4 GPU's but the other works fine.
I have to change it back to single ETH and manually reset the miner before the cards come back

Has anyone experienced this?
Activity: 13
Does anyone know what is the version of "claymore eth" miner in the miner's list? The version is not explicit
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
i have install smOS on 4 rigs but each of them have their own specific issue. I have some reading 3 out of 6 cards and reboot will sometimes change from 3 to 5 or even to 1 card. I have some that keeps rebooting. Is it just me?

I've had this issue before I had to load one gpu at a time and after I did that everything was okay
Activity: 301
Merit: 251
How do i enter the password for my wifi router?
Activity: 170
Merit: 100
Everything fine
But need to set minimum fan speed
Don't know how to do
Using claymore
Activity: 353
Merit: 250
i have install smOS on 4 rigs but each of them have their own specific issue. I have some reading 3 out of 6 cards and reboot will sometimes change from 3 to 5 or even to 1 card. I have some that keeps rebooting. Is it just me?
UPDATE (migration)

Hi guys, i just migrated simplemining.net server to new hardware.
I dont see any issues but if something is wrong tell me.
Also i just saw that captcha stopped working (but it was a problem before migration) so i am looking to it right now.

EDIT1:
Ok captcha and other javascript issues are fixed. It was caused by cloudflare new feature - it was causing issue Smiley

What fee(S) is associated with your OS now?

It is going to be $2 per Rig per month however the payment hasn't started or I am not sure when tytanick will start it. So as of Right now its free.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
UPDATE (migration)

Also i just saw that captcha stopped working (but it was a problem before migration) so i am looking to it right now.

EDIT1:
Ok captcha and other javascript issues are fixed. It was caused by cloudflare new feature - it was causing issue Smiley

What fee(S) is associated with your OS now?
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
UPDATE (migration)

EDIT1:
Activity: 2
Hi,

can i use a Wireless Dongle with SimpleMining?

Thank you Smiley
Jump to: