Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 455. (Read 835481 times)

Activity: 441
Merit: 252
Any plans to upgrade GPU drivers? I'm having quite poor performance with RX 580 both stock and modded. In fact, the SMOS recognizes them as RX 480. So I suspect outdated drivers might be decreasing the performance.

The chip in your 580 is the same chip as in a 480.
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
Any plans to upgrade GPU drivers? I'm having quite poor performance with RX 580 both stock and modded. In fact, the SMOS recognizes them as RX 480. So I suspect outdated drivers might be decreasing the performance.
We can cook something up if you can provide me with decent information about which ones provide better performance - I'm sure tytanick is very busy programming other things in at the moment.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
First thank you for an amazing mining OS.

I keep getting "Invalid rom header signature" on boot. With BTC Pro motherboard and 6 x RX 480. Any idea?
Do you have secure boot disabled?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
So now I've tried multiple GPU's with SMos. I expect to have a bit lower hashrate with it of course over Win10, but I go from 27-29 With Rx470-480 and RX580, to 19-22 on SMos. Is there something else I have to do? I've overclocked them like I would in Windows, but they mine that much slower still.
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
First thank you for an amazing mining OS.

I keep getting "Invalid rom header signature" on boot. With BTC Pro motherboard and 6 x RX 480. Any idea?
Activity: 3
Anyone running 6 cards on a TB85? Am having trouble getting 6 to run. 5 run fine if I do not attach a gpu to the x16 slot. As soon as I hook up a card to the x16 slot the others are not seen. Am pretty sure I am missing something in the bios but just can't seem to see it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Have you enabled 4G Encoding in BIOS? Have you tried replacing, hooking up only 3 gpu at a time to test if the gpu and risers actually work?
Activity: 63
will you add on option to turn off the rig? you know, when I see that it hangs after a couple of reboots and i'm not at home to debug it I'd like to be able to turn it off remotely
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Anyone running 6 cards on a TB85? Am having trouble getting 6 to run. 5 run fine if I do not attach a gpu to the x16 slot. As soon as I hook up a card to the x16 slot the others are not seen. Am pretty sure I am missing something in the bios but just can't seem to see it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Activity: 3
Aha, thanks for info! Would we need to reinstall the OS or it there an automated update function?
I could probably ssh into the box and make the changes to the script if necessary?
The reason I ask is because the rigs are hosted in a very remote location. Just driving here + ferry is almost the same price as a new GPU Tongue
Good night! Smiley
Ofcourse there is auto update, i will try to do this tomorrow.
Anyway if you want you can use temporary  fix for RX500 rigs:

nano /root/utils/oc_dpm2.sh
#change memoryState value from 1 to 2 to look like this:
memoryState="2"
press ctrl+x and confirm with y

Reload rig.
I will fix this script to set always highest dpm  Smiley
Autoupdate will replace also your changes so dont worry Smiley

I am mining with 12 machine right now and adding 25 more. All of the rigs are running MSI RX580 Gaming X 4GB Elpida and Hynix memory. The issue is that I set the core cpu clock to 1100, but the SMOS always shows that it is clocked at 1179. I tried doing the steps above but the oc_dpm2.sh file doesn't have this piece mentioned anymore. I think it has now been updated. What can I do to fixed this issue?

I would even leave this alone, but the 1179 clock speed is activating watchdog and shutting down some of the GPU's. Any help would be much appreciated.

tytanick - Can you please comment/help on this
Activity: 6
Hi guys! I have 8 GPUs ...R OS will support all of them connected with a pcie splitter? Or 10 GPUs - RX 480 or 580 ? Thanks for you time.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Hey Tytanick,

There is a Linux standalone Sia miner at:

https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-GPU-Miner/releases/download/v1.1.0/sia-gpu-miner-v1.1.0-linux64.zip

Any chance of adding this in the smOS list?

Thanks

I wrote most of that code! xD

Grin

whats the best card to get this miner smoking?

Memory matters not at all -- you want compute, and you want a lot of it. More CUs, the better - shit, if you got a Pro Duo, now is definitely the time.

dang.... there is a 1080ti on my desk now just waiting to be ravaged w ccminer 181
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Hey Tytanick,

https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-GPU-Miner/releases/download/v1.1.0/sia-gpu-miner-v1.1.0-linux64.zip

Thanks

I wrote most of that code! xD

Grin

whats the best card to get this miner smoking?
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Hey Tytanick,

Thanks
Activity: 61
Hello, I created 1 Rig with 3 ASUS R9 280x but it only can get about 12-13MHs for GPU, it's normal?
I think it could be more profitable, probably it have the wrong driver configuration. I searched and i found this GPU can get 23-25MHs. How can I get that?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Claudio Machado

Your research is too old and outdated. You have the correct hashrate.

You should be mining zcash, sia or digibyte to maximize your profit.
Activity: 7
Hello, I created 1 Rig with 3 ASUS R9 280x but it only can get about 12-13MHs for GPU, it's normal?
I think it could be more profitable, probably it have the wrong driver configuration. I searched and i found this GPU can get 23-25MHs. How can I get that?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Claudio Machado
Activity: 116
Is there any other option besides Claymore for eth in smOS? It would seem pretty ridiculous to me to only have one option....

But I am getting very inconsistent hashrates, and can not get sgminer to work for eth only.

Has anyone experienced this issue with Claymore in smOS, or know how to just use sgminer instead?
Activity: 61
seriuosly guys how to mine eth+sia with simpleminer? tried everything now....
who can share their command line?

or its not possible at all? im loosing faith Smiley

Refer yourself to claymore dual miner page. It is quite clear how to do it:
 nanopool Ethereum+Siacoin:
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal YOUR_ETH_WALLET/YOUR_WORKER/YOUR_EMAIL -epsw x -dpool "http://sia-eu1.nanopool.org:9980/miner/header?address=YOUR_SIA_WALLET&worker=YOUR_WORKER_NAME&email=YOUR_EMAIL" -dcoin sia

nanopool Ethereum+Siacoin(Stratum):
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal YOUR_ETH_WALLET/YOUR_WORKER/YOUR_EMAIL -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://sia-eu1.nanopool.org:7777 -dwal YOUR_SIA_WALLET/YOUR_WORKER/YOUR_EMAIL -dcoin sia
Activity: 48
seriuosly guys how to mine eth+sia with simpleminer? tried everything now....
who can share their command line?

or its not possible at all? im loosing faith Smiley
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
Please add  excavator NiceHash. in mining OC
Jump to: