Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 454. (Read 835481 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

Also, I'm having issues reading my bios backups on these cards (XFX RX 570 - Elpida) in Polaris.   In Polaris 1.4 the memory timings show odd numbers, and in Polaris 1.4.1 they don't show any memory timings at all.   Any thoughts?

The bios issue I resolved.   Turns out there was a different 1.4.1 fork that I found that showed both sets of timings for the 500 series.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I can't seem to change miner. I'm using Claymores sia+eth miner 8.1 but trying to switch across to the V9.3. When I reboot SMOS still says it's using V8.1

Is there anything specific I need to do to get it to "forget" v8.1?
Activity: 108
haha I got it from my lab at my college. They got a new one and said I could have that monitor and just never took it off
Activity: 304
Merit: 100
What file system should my flash drive be?

fat 32, ntfs or exFat?

Doesn't matter. The image burning software will disregard existing partitions and make its own anyway. You don't even need to format it.

Thanks!

I highly recommend SSD over USB though. I have had nothing but problems running off SanDisk sticks. Slow and strange issues.

anywhere you can recommend to buy bulk cheap ssds? I have also been having some strange issues

It will first do stuff like this

Then eventually go to a screen like this and it won't stop just populating with similar messages until I restart. Sometimes when it restarts it would get the the connecting to simple minining part and then it did an update, then after the update code was just spewing on the screen at a very fast pace, almost like a broken record, so I had to restart and then kept getting more things like these pictures

Just out of curiosity, off-topic, why the heck do you have a sticker like that on your monitor? Cheesy
Anyone running 6 cards on a TB85? Am having trouble getting 6 to run. 5 run fine if I do not attach a gpu to the x16 slot. As soon as I hook up a card to the x16 slot the others are not seen. Am pretty sure I am missing something in the bios but just can't seem to see it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Have you enabled 4G Encoding in BIOS? Have you tried replacing, hooking up only 3 gpu at a time to test if the gpu and risers actually work?

Did not see anywhere to enable 4g encoding in the bios. Under what tab is it? Have switched and swapped risers, molex power cables, and gpus to all different positions and same problem with the 16x slot. Thanks for the tip on 4g. Am looking for it.

I do not think there is a 4g setting on the TB85
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Anyone running 6 cards on a TB85? Am having trouble getting 6 to run. 5 run fine if I do not attach a gpu to the x16 slot. As soon as I hook up a card to the x16 slot the others are not seen. Am pretty sure I am missing something in the bios but just can't seem to see it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Have you enabled 4G Encoding in BIOS? Have you tried replacing, hooking up only 3 gpu at a time to test if the gpu and risers actually work?

Did not see anywhere to enable 4g encoding in the bios. Under what tab is it? Have switched and swapped risers, molex power cables, and gpus to all different positions and same problem with the 16x slot. Thanks for the tip on 4g. Am looking for it.
Activity: 10
Quick question.  

I've never modded a bios on SmOS before.  Is it safe to do while mining?  (I normally don't on Standard windows/linux)  

Also, I'm having issues reading my bios backups on these cards (XFX RX 570 - Elpida) in Polaris.   In Polaris 1.4 the memory timings show odd numbers, and in Polaris 1.4.1 they don't show any memory timings at all.   Any thoughts?

fat 32, ntfs or exFat?

Doesn't matter. The image burning software will disregard existing partitions and make its own anyway. You don't even need to format it.

Thanks!

I highly recommend SSD over USB though. I have had nothing but problems running off SanDisk sticks. Slow and strange issues.

anywhere you can recommend to buy bulk cheap ssds? I have also been having some strange issues

It will first do stuff like this

Then eventually go to a screen like this and it won't stop just populating with similar messages until I restart. Sometimes when it restarts it would get the the connecting to simple minining part and then it did an update, then after the update code was just spewing on the screen at a very fast pace, almost like a broken record, so I had to restart and then kept getting more things like these pictures

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

fat 32, ntfs or exFat?

Thanks!

fat 32, ntfs or exFat?

Thanks!
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
Ok, found a Windows computer and it worked! Thanks.
Please let me know if you gain any performance increase!

fat 32, ntfs or exFat?

fat 32, ntfs or exFat?
I am BTC Pro MB and getting a lot of open cl issues. Should I use the alternative 170 chipset version?
Activity: 45
Ok, found a Windows computer and it worked! Thanks.
If you're using a Windows computer, try extracting it first with 7zip, then moving the files over with WinSCP,
Activity: 45
Any plans to upgrade GPU drivers? I'm having quite poor performance with RX 580 both stock and modded. In fact, the SMOS recognizes them as RX 480. So I suspect outdated drivers might be decreasing the performance.
We can cook something up if you can provide me with decent information about which ones provide better performance - I'm sure tytanick is very busy programming other things in at the moment.
Well, I wanted to try 17.10, but I just cannot unpack the stupid file from here http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDGPU-PRO-Install.aspx
Tried re-downloading it several times or unpacking it on local computer too. No luck:
root@simpleminer:~# tar -Jxvf amdgpu-pro-17.10-414273.tar.xz
xz: (stdin): File format not recognized
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
You could just get the same % increase from OCing though!
Not true. An optimized/better driver can provide a huge performance increase above and beyond just OC'ing. There's a reason claymores miner pretty much the de facto standard, because his code is super high quality and faster than everything else. The OS, drivers, miner, OC'ing and memory strap tweaking, they all play a part in your overall hashrate.
Activity: 112
The chip in your 580 is the same chip as in a 480.
This is true, but I'd never turn down a few % increase from upgrading to a newer and better driver! Was hoping he had some info.

You could just get the same % increase from OCing though!
The chip in your 580 is the same chip as in a 480.
This is true, but I'd never turn down a few % increase from upgrading to a newer and better driver! Was hoping he had some info.
Jump to: